• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KIRBY INTRODUCTION THREAD!!!!!

Jethroo

Smash Journeyman

We all know that Kirby is as cute as he is deadly. I assume all of us smile (I know I do) as we kirbycide someone and see their reaction which is usually one of frustration and anger. Unfortunately, we are a small community which could be due to the stigma of hate from kirbyciding which people feel is unfair, it could be because he is one of the newer PM characters, or maybe people just haven't realize how great Kirby is (just guesses). But, I'll get to the point.

I have created this thread in hopes of increasing the familiarity of Kirby players with other Kirby players and giving a way for shyer Kirby players to introduce themselves and maybe get involved in our discussions.

Now you may be asking yourself, "Why does it matter if there are more Kirby players involved in the thread discussions?"
1. More people will increase the chance of discovering new ideas and helping the evolution of Kirby's metagame.
2. The more active the Kirby thread is the higher chance that new players will want to pick up Kirby. Because we all know that someone is less likely to pick up a character who has a dead thread.
3. The more active a thread is the more likely people are going to come back to it. Why would you bother with a thread if you have to wait days for a response?

SO DON'T BE SHY/EMBARRASSED AND JOIN OUR DISCUSSIONS! And why you're at it introduce yourselves!

List of Kirby Players
Since it is my thread I will start the introductions. I'm a smash player from Alabama and was mainly a brawl player before I was introduced to PM. I'm fairly new when it comes to the tournament scene (hasn't even been a year and have only been to 5). I only have one tournament video on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3OHWyI_FSI) which was my 2nd tournament and I'm embarrassed by it even though I ended up winning (the slowness and all those rolls! Also, check out 4:39 of that video:awesome:). I am pretty active on the Kirby thread and I'm always willing to voice my opinion even if I'm unsure because I know someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
Hey! I'm shaZam! Or you can call me Zach if it makes you happy. I'm from the Chicago area, and I've been pretending to be a competitive smasher since November (I've only been to two tournaments). Before that I was a filthy casual. I'm not sure if I'm a Kirby main or not. I've been focusing on Wario for a long time, but the other night I decided to give Kirby a whirl and my regular play partner couldn't take a game off me. His frustration brought me much joy, so I'm for sure picking up the little pink dude. I'd love to participate in the discussion on Kirby's meta game despite the fact that I'll probably learn much more than I actually contribute.

Anyway... hi! Nice to meet you :)
I'm a mid-level player who started with Brawl and Brawl+, and I care more about having entertaining matches than whoring out a victory. I main Kirby because:
1. Kirby's Dream Land was the first game I ever played
2. Kirby also happens to be my favorite Nintendo series
3. He's the cutest character in Smash by far
4. Copy abilities and Kirbycide are fun as hell

That being said, I'd love to help you guys find new ways to kill people with the power of poyo and try out whatever ideas you come up with. I'm too lazy/unmotivated to go to many tourneys, but I'm always up for some fun friendlies. :D
Hi, im Phantom! I started with Brawl and is moving onto PM and Smash 4 in the future. Im a very technical and flashy player. You could also say im a very gimmicky player. In PM, i mainly just focus on Kirby. I am from Nor Cal and have never been to a tournament. The only experience i have gotten is over wifi (which is weird because I play wifi like it was offline, but my tech skill and flashiness are hindered). Very active on smashboards, and am trying my best to become the bess PM Kirby. The main reason I like Kirby is because i like using people's moves/strategies against them. In Pokemon, my favorite moves were Transform, Copycat, Mirror Move, and Mimic, so that kinda explains why. That is actually very weird because its completely opposite of my life values/beliefs. I will always strive to be different, no matter what.
Hey everybody, I'm Fizure. I've been playing Kirby since Smash 64, I don't really remember my logic back then, but I've stuck to it. Been playing smash since the beginning, but just recently have been trying to get into the competitive scene. I actually just moved to SoCal for the summer, so I'll be hitting up SSS and Mayhem and other tournaments around here soon. I'm usually based in western NY or in NH. I'm just trying to get better in time for Smash 4, though I love P:M to death. I have a pretty good feel for kirby (and many of the characters) in terms of spacing and such, just from playing forever, but I didn't even know DI, etc. existed until recently, so that's been a fun time trying to learn. So yeah, hi everyone.
Hmm not many people on this thread. Guess I'll add one more :p

Hello everyone, I'm Kevino (Keh-vee-no) and I live in the DFW area. I'm actually a Roy main but I'm interested in learning kirby because I like him better in doubles than Roy and Kirby's kit is hella troll. I've been playing since melee but only seriously for about 3 months and went to my first tournament at the end of June before I had to leave the country to visit family. I actually wanted to play Brawl competitively but after finding out that there was basically no scene in my area and Roy was actually decent in PM (I was a Roy main in melee) and watching Sethlon's sexy Roy vs M2K at Apex I had to try out the game. Kirby has always seemed like a decent option especially after watching Chudat's smart play week after week at S@X but I decided to seriously train my kirby during my first tournament after having a lot of fun playing Kirby in doubles during friendlies. I'll probably be more of a thread watcher and asker rather than a contributor for a bit since I don't really know much about kirby's meta game.

So uh...hi. :D
Hello, my name is Francois, but I constantly use Molma as my screen name. I have been maining Kirby since Smash 64 (about... 10 years?), but only started playing the Kirby series heavily since a couple years ago. I have only started playing Project M (both casually and competitively) since last September due to some college friends, and I do not regret it one bit. Funny thing is that even though my skills aren't amazing, I have gotten a lot of college rep for playing Kirby so well, where nobody else does (and without the Kirbycide). Regardless of the situation, I play Kirby. A lot of my friends look down on Melee's Kirby, but surprising enough I play Kirby better than anyone else on the roster. I have only been to one small tournament, though of course it did not work well. I will also be moving up to Smash 4 but only on the 3DS (no Wii U... yet?) and I want to be more active on the forums as well as work on my skills as a general smash player.

I am also active on the Matchmaking site: http://ladder.anthrzy.com/game/project-m-netplay
Hey there, I'm Jacob! I live on the Idaho-Washington border and staff a series of weekly tourneys! Kirby has been one of my favorite characters in gaming for as long as I can remember. I have very fond memories of playing Super Star for hours and hours with my friends throughout my grade school days.
Since childhood, I've taken Smash fairly seriously with and without knowing anything about the deep meta that this series is infamous for. I've been playing pM Kirby pretty much since he was released, and I've had better-than-expected results at my weeklies. Being the resident Kirby player of my scene, I get regular compliments on my unique/strong movement options. While I'm not 100% what makes my movement unique, I can tell my Kirby is super aggressive compared to Chudat's playstyle.

The first match in this set shows I do with Kirby (I switch to Lucas in game two):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23hcMvxB5ow

Since this set I've been drilling Kirby tech like a madman in hopes of leveling up my play for bigger tourneys. I would love to get involved with other Kirby players to bounce ideas off one another in hopes that we can show people that this character isn't a one trick pony!
Hi guys and gals I'm Nice Orbit. I live in Colorado and am a co-founder or University of colorado Smash club. Since smash 64 i have always loved playing as kirby, from drill kicks to kirbycides he just took my breath away. Anyway i wanted a new character to main considering my other favorite character olimar lacked recovery and movement. Kirby has both of those in spades, and ohhh man do i love the look on my opponents face when i get a kirbycide. I don't have any videos up yet, but i do occasionally stream friendlies on twitch.My play style with kirby is all about reading my opponent. If they are super aggressive i lead them into bad situations and punish, if they are campy i get in their face. My game is all about making the other person uncofterble and more likely to make mistakes. Im slowly getting better in my monthlies and have good results in my weekly meetings. Anyway glad to be here!
Sup scrubs. My name is SoySauS. Real name Sawyer; call me whatever. I live in Costa Mesa (in SoCal). Like 2 or 3 years ago I started playing Brawl. About a year ago, maybe more, I started playing Project M and eventually Melee. I still play Brawl occasionally, but eh.

When I do play Brawl, which is rare, I play :marth: and :pikachu2:. I also kinda have a :toonlink: and an :olimar:, but not really.

In Melee I play mostly :falcomelee:, but I have an alright :jigglypuffmelee: and an alright :falconmelee:. I'm also looking at :foxmelee: and :marthmelee: right now, but :marthmelee: kinda bores me.

In Project M, which I've been really into recently, I play :kirby2: (duh) and :snake:. I like a lot of characters in this game but only those two are tournament-ready. I want to learn and improve my :dk2:, tho.

When it comes to :kirby2:, I do a lot of thinking about him. You'll see my around here posting quite a bit. I'm looking to become a lot more active in my region, which is a crazy region to live in for PM.

Sooooo yeah. :kirby2: is hype. Play more :kirby2:.

:GCZ::GCD::GCCU:
Hey guys, my name's Tyler and I'm about that Kirby life. I'm a part of the Nebraska/Iowa scene and I'm a relatively new player (I made my account literally the day after my first smashfest.) I'm mainly a PM/Melee player as that's what our scene primarily plays but I main Kirby in all the games except for Melee (for reasons we all know). I've been training ever since late January and I've finally started to show a little promise in my play. The two most recent local tournaments I've gone to, I've placed pretty well considering who I'm up against, 2nd place both times. I'm trying to represent Kirby for my scene and showcase how much I love the little dude. I've been dubbed by the scene "The King of Grime" after my first good placing due to how salty some people got after playing my style of Kirby. I've made a highlight reel from this tournament and I am pretty happy with how it turned out. I already posted it in the Kirby Social thread, but I suppose this would be a fitting place to put it.

Hi, I'm SdN. My real name is Marc and I'm a smasher from Germany. I started to play smash competetively in mid-2012 with Brawl, then I also got into Melee and later into P:M. I would also play Smash 64, but there is no scene for that where I live.
My P:M main is Kirby and my secondary Marth. But I have a lot of characters that I like to use (almost the whole roster).
Hey all, I'm Ostrich Glue, a MN Kirby player. I play PM mostly, and a bit of Melee (Marth main in that). I started playing competitively last January and have been starting to place in top 5 at our tournaments pretty consistently. I'm hoping I can spread some knowledge and learn some too! I used to play hyper aggressive (often to a fault, since I would constantly try for follow ups), but once I toned it down a little I made huge improvements. I've played Kirby since 3.0, not really for any particular reason, but just because he feels great to use, and I enjoy offstage shenanigans.

Here's a good set I had at a recent tournament to see how I play. There are a few others of me up on that channel as well.
Hey guys, I'm #CAKE/LBSCAKE/POUNDCAKE or just Corey, I'm 19 and just started getting into ssb for competitive reasons due to my friend @OHIYO (I haven't played in competition yet) and I main Kirby, mainly due to his floatyness & wide variety of playstyles, which thanks to Project M are even better! That's my now game of choice followed by brawl (it fits Kirby so well) then melee, but in all three I'm that adorable little pink puffball!
Hey fellow Kirbs! I struggled for awhile choose mains for this game, but I've finally settled on the two (Ness being the other) that feel the most natural to me. I look forward to learning with and from you all! :)
Here's to seeing many Kirby jigs in the future!
Bah i'm from norway and i've picked kirby as my secondary (main being marth) now, and from 3.0 and until a few months ago he was my tertiary... I like how he does stuff=P... I'm pretty aggressive with him and stuff... can't really think of more to write... I wish i at least had a vid to go with this... this introduction sucks...
Better a little late than never.

Hi there, I'm SprayTanner, or just Tanner, both work. I'm a player from the Chicago area currently at Purdue where the scene is surprisingly alive and well. I'm a Peach player in Melee, and when PM 3.0 came out I was messing around with characters I thought were crappy in Melee, and Kirby ended up, for a lack of better words, balling so hard. I have some videos out there I think, if I can find some I'll update this.
Hello everybody. Guess it's all right to introduce myself here.

I go by BBErmaJeep on here, but my tourney name is This Guy. I'm a smasher from around Clemson, SC and just recently got into the competitive scene. I've been playing Smash ever since the good ole 64 days, but recently got serious with Sm4sh and Project M 3.5 and want to continue down this path of glory.

Now Kirby, words can't describe on how much this little poofball has made my childhood amazing. Ever since Kirby's Dream Land I've been hooked and one of the only game series I put effort into getting 100% completion (Triple Deluxe was a chore to get 100% by the way. Dem keychains).

Right, Smash. I've been playing Kirby since the 64. However, I drifted from him in Melee and went with Jigglypuff for my sarrogate Kirby in Melee and never got back into him until Project 3.0 graced my presence. Believe it or not, I found out how awesome he was at my first tourney, which is also the first time playing Project M. After I got my *** handed to me, I picked up Project M and have used him ever since. I want to be super good with Kirby, because he deserves the top spot again, and you know, the glory and all that jazzy fizz.

Kirby's not the only one I use though. Sometimes I throw Mewtwo, Donkey Kong, or Peach into the mix for PM 3.5. I feel they compliment Kirby's playstyle in some way or another.
Hey guys
I'm Pilz-e but my smashtag is Nitro, I play in Calgary, Alberta and I've been playing competitively for a year or so now in PM, and only for a few months in melee. Sometimes still play brawl which I have been taking seriously since 2012, I love playing Kirby and I also play Peach in melee and PM as a secondary. I've drifted on here from time to time but now i'm starting to take smash more seriously so I'd love to discuss strats with people playing this amazing puff ball! I haven't gotten any of my tournament matches streamed yet but when it happens I would love for some critique! It'll be great to get to know all of you!
Eyyy turbo nerds.

Decided to demote wolf until I get my tech skill down, and split my play into 2 characters, WaLuigi and Kirby. I chose a pocket kirby because I love how his moves flow & I've just loved the character for a long time. I usually lurk more than I post, but expect to see me here a little.
Hey, I'm Rizner. I mained Kirby in all games outside of pm, because when I started Kirby didn't exist and I was still enjoying Zelda. With 3.5, I'm not a huge fan of Zelda's new kit and now have the opportunity to make the switch. Gonna try doing the next few tournaments I go to with Kirby only, and once he gets to a nice, solid spot and I feel like I understand his matchups a little better I'll likely switch between him and Zelda to cover possible bad matchups for him.

Greetings.
Bit late to the party ..

So I am Bully from the UK. I am pretty new to smash, though I have had dealings with the franchise all the way back to 64, but unfortunately for me little more than a hack around here and there.

I am a former competitive player from a few different games, enjoyed success on different platforms but now in my old age and life commitments I am what I'd describe as a casual player with a competitive attitude.

Picked up PM recently as I felt for me it was a good option over melee - both of which I enjoy but don't have enough time to play more than a couple of games right now. 4 and PM were the winners.

Kirby just stood out to me after a few hours on him in PM. Love his options and movement. I also do enjoy MKnight, sonic and squirtle but I generally try and avoid switching up anything while learning.
I think i'm gonna start using smashboards more so I might as well introduce myself.

My tag is Krieg and i'm from the Indianapolis, IN region. I've been playing smash on netplay since Dec. 2013, but I started attending local weeklies and tournaments Aug. 2014. Since then I have completely fallen in love with smash.

I started playing PM with 3.0 and my first mains were Kirby and Mewtwo, but I kept switching and ended up settling on Kirby. The moment I knew I was destined to be a Kirby main was during my first crew battle. My crew captain saw some of my bracket matches and said "Your the Kirby main right? Get in there." Nobody there had ever seen a Kirby player before and everyone was getting hyped over what I was doing with Kirby. I ended up taking 5 stocks. I will never forget that moment.
Hello there! I'm Jinjo and I have loved Kirby since I first played him in smash. Which was back in 1999 haha! When I played him in melee for the first time. I was very disappointed how lame he felt, so I played Sheik for most of my melee years. Then Summer of 2013 , I first played Project M and man did I enjoy it a lot! Despite there being no kirby....Eventually my little buddy did show up and I LOVED HIM!!! He was fun to play and he became my favorite character to play. Eventually sparking my career as a competitive player in early 2014. It was so much fun! And when 3.5 was announced I was super excited for possible changes. Later though 3.5 did happen...He was nerfed, so I was a little bummed since nothing exciting happened besides nerfs and he became less fun to me since he didn't feel equipped to compete against most of the best characters in this game. Also I never liked cutter dash too much tbh in 3.5. I only thought it was cool when you could waveland out of it. :/ Eh!

For now I await 3.6 and hope that copy abilities become more useful. Also some decent air mobility or a decent fthrow. (Love that move from brawl)!

Sorry for ranting a little, but I'm sort of like that. :p

Take care and Peace!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNS9UoYP-rg
Hi I'm Urban. I'm a green kirby from Colorado and have been solo maining the character for about a year now. I still have a lot to learn but I've been seeing improvement at my local and can see myself becoming a scary kirby to play. I seek improvement in my fundamentals and just toning things down a bit, playing more patient and whatnot. I don't really have any videos that I'm proud of currently but maybe I'll update this post in the future XD.

Anywho, glad to finally join smash boards and looking forward to talking about kirby!
I've been playing some Kirby in tourney since 3.0, but I've never introduced myself in here. Kirby's a ton of fun; he's also my LT main in Melee. I wish more Kirbies went after some of those hats, though. :)

Last edited:

grandpappy

Where's the beef?
NNID
eyeplaybass
3DS FC
5343-9859-5848
Hey! I'm shaZam! Or you can call me Zach if it makes you happy. I'm from the Chicago area, and I've been pretending to be a competitive smasher since November (I've only been to two tournaments). Before that I was a filthy casual. I'm not sure if I'm a Kirby main or not. I've been focusing on Wario for a long time, but the other night I decided to give Kirby a whirl and my regular play partner couldn't take a game off me. His frustration brought me much joy, so I'm for sure picking up the little pink dude. I'd love to participate in the discussion on Kirby's meta game despite the fact that I'll probably learn much more than I actually contribute.

Anyway... hi! Nice to meet you :)

FreeGamer

Smash Ace
I'm a mid-level player who started with Brawl and Brawl+, and I care more about having entertaining matches than whoring out a victory. I main Kirby because:
1. Kirby's Dream Land was the first game I ever played
2. Kirby also happens to be my favorite Nintendo series
3. He's the cutest character in Smash by far
4. Copy abilities and Kirbycide are fun as hell

That being said, I'd love to help you guys find new ways to kill people with the power of poyo and try out whatever ideas you come up with. I'm too lazy/unmotivated to go to many tourneys, but I'm always up for some fun friendlies. :D

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Hi, im Phantom! I started with Brawl and is moving onto PM and Smash 4 in the future. Im a very technical and flashy player. You could also say im a very gimmicky player. In PM, i mainly just focus on Kirby. I am from Nor Cal and have never been to a tournament. The only experience i have gotten is over wifi (which is weird because I play wifi like it was offline, but my tech skill and flashiness are hindered). Very active on smashboards, and am trying my best to become the bess PM Kirby. The main reason I like Kirby is because i like using people's moves/strategies against them. In Pokemon, my favorite moves were Transform, Copycat, Mirror Move, and Mimic, so that kinda explains why. That is actually very weird because its completely opposite of my life values/beliefs. I will always strive to be different, no matter what.

Last edited:

Fizure

Smash Rookie
Hey everybody, I'm Fizure. I've been playing Kirby since Smash 64, I don't really remember my logic back then, but I've stuck to it. Been playing smash since the beginning, but just recently have been trying to get into the competitive scene. I actually just moved to SoCal for the summer, so I'll be hitting up SSS and Mayhem and other tournaments around here soon. I'm usually based in western NY or in NH. I'm just trying to get better in time for Smash 4, though I love P:M to death. I have a pretty good feel for kirby (and many of the characters) in terms of spacing and such, just from playing forever, but I didn't even know DI, etc. existed until recently, so that's been a fun time trying to learn. So yeah, hi everyone.

skwaag5233

Smash Cadet
Hmm not many people on this thread. Guess I'll add one more :p

Hello everyone, I'm Kevino (Keh-vee-no) and I live in the DFW area. I'm actually a Roy main but I'm interested in learning kirby because I like him better in doubles than Roy and Kirby's kit is hella troll. I've been playing since melee but only seriously for about 3 months and went to my first tournament at the end of June before I had to leave the country to visit family. I actually wanted to play Brawl competitively but after finding out that there was basically no scene in my area and Roy was actually decent in PM (I was a Roy main in melee) and watching Sethlon's sexy Roy vs M2K at Apex I had to try out the game. Kirby has always seemed like a decent option especially after watching Chudat's smart play week after week at S@X but I decided to seriously train my kirby during my first tournament after having a lot of fun playing Kirby in doubles during friendlies. I'll probably be more of a thread watcher and asker rather than a contributor for a bit since I don't really know much about kirby's meta game.

So uh...hi. :D

Molma

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3652-0643-3937
Hello, my name is Francois, but I constantly use Molma as my screen name. I have been maining Kirby since Smash 64 (about... 10 years?), but only started playing the Kirby series heavily since a couple years ago. I have only started playing Project M (both casually and competitively) since last September due to some college friends, and I do not regret it one bit. Funny thing is that even though my skills aren't amazing, I have gotten a lot of college rep for playing Kirby so well, where nobody else does (and without the Kirbycide). Regardless of the situation, I play Kirby. A lot of my friends look down on Melee's Kirby, but surprising enough I play Kirby better than anyone else on the roster. I have only been to one small tournament, though of course it did not work well. I will also be moving up to Smash 4 but only on the 3DS (no Wii U... yet?) and I want to be more active on the forums as well as work on my skills as a general smash player.

I am also active on the Matchmaking site: http://ladder.anthrzy.com/game/project-m-netplay

MrDrJacob

Smash Rookie
NNID
MisterJacob
Hey there, I'm Jacob! I live on the Idaho-Washington border and staff a series of weekly tourneys! Kirby has been one of my favorite characters in gaming for as long as I can remember. I have very fond memories of playing Super Star for hours and hours with my friends throughout my grade school days.
Since childhood, I've taken Smash fairly seriously with and without knowing anything about the deep meta that this series is infamous for. I've been playing pM Kirby pretty much since he was released, and I've had better-than-expected results at my weeklies. Being the resident Kirby player of my scene, I get regular compliments on my unique/strong movement options. While I'm not 100% what makes my movement unique, I can tell my Kirby is super aggressive compared to Chudat's playstyle.

The first match in this set shows I do with Kirby (I switch to Lucas in game two):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23hcMvxB5ow

Since this set I've been drilling Kirby tech like a madman in hopes of leveling up my play for bigger tourneys. I would love to get involved with other Kirby players to bounce ideas off one another in hopes that we can show people that this character isn't a one trick pony!

EteezyFosheezy

Smash Rookie
Hi guys and gals I'm Nice Orbit. I live in Colorado and am a co-founder or University of colorado Smash club. Since smash 64 i have always loved playing as kirby, from drill kicks to kirbycides he just took my breath away. Anyway i wanted a new character to main considering my other favorite character olimar lacked recovery and movement. Kirby has both of those in spades, and ohhh man do i love the look on my opponents face when i get a kirbycide. I don't have any videos up yet, but i do occasionally stream friendlies on twitch.My play style with kirby is all about reading my opponent. If they are super aggressive i lead them into bad situations and punish, if they are campy i get in their face. My game is all about making the other person uncofterble and more likely to make mistakes. Im slowly getting better in my monthlies and have good results in my weekly meetings. Anyway glad to be here!

SSS

Smash Ace
Sup scrubs. My name is SoySauS. Real name Sawyer; call me whatever. I live in Costa Mesa (in SoCal). Like 2 or 3 years ago I started playing Brawl. About a year ago, maybe more, I started playing Project M and eventually Melee. I still play Brawl occasionally, but eh.

When I do play Brawl, which is rare, I play :marth: and :pikachu2:. I also kinda have a :toonlink: and an :olimar:, but not really.

In Melee I play mostly :falcomelee:, but I have an alright :jigglypuffmelee: and an alright :falconmelee:. I'm also looking at :foxmelee: and :marthmelee: right now, but :marthmelee: kinda bores me.

In Project M, which I've been really into recently, I play :kirby2: (duh) and :snake:. I like a lot of characters in this game but only those two are tournament-ready. I want to learn and improve my :dk2:, tho.

When it comes to :kirby2:, I do a lot of thinking about him. You'll see my around here posting quite a bit. I'm looking to become a lot more active in my region, which is a crazy region to live in for PM.

Sooooo yeah. :kirby2: is hype. Play more :kirby2:.

:GCZ::GCD::GCCU:

SdN

Smash Rookie
NNID
MarcSdN
Hi, I'm SdN. My real name is Marc and I'm a smasher from Germany. I started to play smash competetively in mid-2012 with Brawl, then I also got into Melee and later into P:M. I would also play Smash 64, but there is no scene for that where I live.
My P:M main is Kirby and my secondary Marth. But I have a lot of characters that I like to use (almost the whole roster).

SSS

Smash Ace
Yo man you going to Mayhem?

Satisfyler

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, my name's Tyler and I'm about that Kirby life. I'm a part of the Nebraska/Iowa scene and I'm a relatively new player (I made my account literally the day after my first smashfest.) I'm mainly a PM/Melee player as that's what our scene primarily plays but I main Kirby in all the games except for Melee (for reasons we all know). I've been training ever since late January and I've finally started to show a little promise in my play. The two most recent local tournaments I've gone to, I've placed pretty well considering who I'm up against, 2nd place both times. I'm trying to represent Kirby for my scene and showcase how much I love the little dude. I've been dubbed by the scene "The King of Grime" after my first good placing due to how salty some people got after playing my style of Kirby. I've made a highlight reel from this tournament and I am pretty happy with how it turned out. I already posted it in the Kirby Social thread, but I suppose this would be a fitting place to put it.

OstrichGlue

Smash Rookie
Hey all, I'm Ostrich Glue, a MN Kirby player. I play PM mostly, and a bit of Melee (Marth main in that). I started playing competitively last January and have been starting to place in top 5 at our tournaments pretty consistently. I'm hoping I can spread some knowledge and learn some too! I used to play hyper aggressive (often to a fault, since I would constantly try for follow ups), but once I toned it down a little I made huge improvements. I've played Kirby since 3.0, not really for any particular reason, but just because he feels great to use, and I enjoy offstage shenanigans.

Here's a good set I had at a recent tournament to see how I play. There are a few others of me up on that channel as well.

#CAKE

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I'm #CAKE/LBSCAKE/POUNDCAKE or just Corey, I'm 19 and just started getting into ssb for competitive reasons due to my friend @OHIYO (I haven't played in competition yet) and I main Kirby, mainly due to his floatyness & wide variety of playstyles, which thanks to Project M are even better! That's my now game of choice followed by brawl (it fits Kirby so well) then melee, but in all three I'm that adorable little pink puffball!

Floati

Smash Cadet
Hey fellow Kirbs! I struggled for awhile choose mains for this game, but I've finally settled on the two (Ness being the other) that feel the most natural to me. I look forward to learning with and from you all! :)
Here's to seeing many Kirby jigs in the future!

Last edited:

CSTL!?

Smash Cadet
My name is Christopher or CSTL!? as I go in smash, but my Friends call me St.Louis because it's my last name. When I was a kid, every Saturday morning I would watch the T.V. show Kirby Right Back At Ya! on 4 Kids. I don't remember how old I was when I was watching it, but I remember that it had enough of an influence on me to make :kirby2: my favorite character. When I played SSB64, there was only one character I wanted to play and that was, :kirby64:. I sadly stopped playing smash for whatever reason but after I saw the documentary The Smash Brothers, I knew I had to start playing again. I was pretty upset that :kirbymelee: was the worst character in the game so I decided to switch to :icsmelee:. A good choice overall because I found myself playing :popo: alongside :kirby2: in PM. I really love Kirby and I really think he fits not only how I play, but my personality as well.

Last edited:

Queasy Mac

Smash Rookie
Hello, been casually lurking for a month or two, but I'm still pretty new to Smashboards.

I'm Queasy Mac, 22 from South Carolina, and I've been playing competitively for about a year now (and casually since N64). I started as a Peach main but once I stumbled upon 3.0 Kirby I fell in love with the character. He embodied the exact way I wanted to play, so much so that I can't really play any other character nearly as well.
I'm starting to pick up melee so I'm picking up Sheik (who imo is the closest to Kirby's playstyle)
Last thing is that I like to talk out my ass a lot so take everything I say with a grain of NaCl

Random23

Smash Cadet
Haven't made an introductory post on here yet. I'm R23 from the UK, and I've been playing for a year now. Sheik in melee, kirby in pm and looking at picking up wolf as a secondary after the lucas nerfs. I've been establishing myself as top 5/6 at PM in the UK during 3.02, and I'm going to do the same in 3.5.

I also pull great faces when I'm playing serious games and pop off hard.

MaxThunder

PM Support
Bah i'm from norway and i've picked kirby as my secondary (main being marth) now, and from 3.0 and until a few months ago he was my tertiary... I like how he does stuff=P... I'm pretty aggressive with him and stuff... can't really think of more to write... I wish i at least had a vid to go with this... this introduction sucks...

SprayTanner

Smash Rookie
Better a little late than never.

Hi there, I'm SprayTanner, or just Tanner, both work. I'm a player from the Chicago area currently at Purdue where the scene is surprisingly alive and well. I'm a Peach player in Melee, and when PM 3.0 came out I was messing around with characters I thought were crappy in Melee, and Kirby ended up, for a lack of better words, balling so hard. I have some videos out there I think, if I can find some I'll update this.

This Guy!

True Metal Warrior
3DS FC
2809-9166-5335
Hello everybody. Guess it's all right to introduce myself here.

I go by BBErmaJeep on here, but my tourney name is This Guy. I'm a smasher from around Clemson, SC and just recently got into the competitive scene. I've been playing Smash ever since the good ole 64 days, but recently got serious with Sm4sh and Project M 3.5 and want to continue down this path of glory.

Now Kirby, words can't describe on how much this little poofball has made my childhood amazing. Ever since Kirby's Dream Land I've been hooked and one of the only game series I put effort into getting 100% completion (Triple Deluxe was a chore to get 100% by the way. Dem keychains).

Right, Smash. I've been playing Kirby since the 64. However, I drifted from him in Melee and went with Jigglypuff for my sarrogate Kirby in Melee and never got back into him until Project 3.0 graced my presence. Believe it or not, I found out how awesome he was at my first tourney, which is also the first time playing Project M. After I got my ass handed to me, I picked up Project M and have used him ever since. I want to be super good with Kirby, because he deserves the top spot again, and you know, the glory and all that jazzy fizz.

Kirby's not the only one I use though. Sometimes I throw Mewtwo, Donkey Kong, or Peach into the mix for PM 3.5. I feel they compliment Kirby's playstyle in some way or another.

Last edited:

dg-pilz-e

Smash Cadet
Hey guys
I'm Pilz-e but my smashtag is Nitro, I play in Calgary, Alberta and I've been playing competitively for a year or so now in PM, and only for a few months in melee. Sometimes still play brawl which I have been taking seriously since 2012, I love playing Kirby and I also play Peach in melee and PM as a secondary. I've drifted on here from time to time but now i'm starting to take smash more seriously so I'd love to discuss strats with people playing this amazing puff ball! I haven't gotten any of my tournament matches streamed yet but when it happens I would love for some critique! It'll be great to get to know all of you!

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
Eyyy turbo nerds.

Decided to demote wolf until I get my tech skill down, and split my play into 2 characters, WaLuigi and Kirby. I chose a pocket kirby because I love how his moves flow & I've just loved the character for a long time. I usually lurk more than I post, but expect to see me here a little.

Rizner

Smash Ace
Hey, I'm Rizner. I mained Kirby in all games outside of pm, because when I started Kirby didn't exist and I was still enjoying Zelda. With 3.5, I'm not a huge fan of Zelda's new kit and now have the opportunity to make the switch. Gonna try doing the next few tournaments I go to with Kirby only, and once he gets to a nice, solid spot and I feel like I understand his matchups a little better I'll likely switch between him and Zelda to cover possible bad matchups for him.

Greetings.

Bullys

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bullys23
Bit late to the party ..

So I am Bully from the UK. I am pretty new to smash, though I have had dealings with the franchise all the way back to 64, but unfortunately for me little more than a hack around here and there.

I am a former competitive player from a few different games, enjoyed success on different platforms but now in my old age and life commitments I am what I'd describe as a casual player with a competitive attitude.

Picked up PM recently as I felt for me it was a good option over melee - both of which I enjoy but don't have enough time to play more than a couple of games right now. 4 and PM were the winners.

Kirby just stood out to me after a few hours on him in PM. Love his options and movement. I also do enjoy MKnight, sonic and squirtle but I generally try and avoid switching up anything while learning.

Kritz_n_Krieg

Smash Rookie
I think i'm gonna start using smashboards more so I might as well introduce myself.

My tag is Krieg and i'm from the Indianapolis, IN region. I've been playing smash on netplay since Dec. 2013, but I started attending local weeklies and tournaments Aug. 2014. Since then I have completely fallen in love with smash.

I started playing PM with 3.0 and my first mains were Kirby and Mewtwo, but I kept switching and ended up settling on Kirby. The moment I knew I was destined to be a Kirby main was during my first crew battle. My crew captain saw some of my bracket matches and said "Your the Kirby main right? Get in there." Nobody there had ever seen a Kirby player before and everyone was getting hyped over what I was doing with Kirby. I ended up taking 5 stocks. I will never forget that moment.

Jinjo64

Smash Apprentice
Hello there! I'm Jinjo and I have loved Kirby since I first played him in smash. Which was back in 1999 haha! When I played him in melee for the first time. I was very disappointed how lame he felt, so I played Sheik for most of my melee years. Then Summer of 2013 , I first played Project M and man did I enjoy it a lot! Despite there being no kirby....Eventually my little buddy did show up and I LOVED HIM!!! He was fun to play and he became my favorite character to play. Eventually sparking my career as a competitive player in early 2014. It was so much fun! And when 3.5 was announced I was super excited for possible changes. Later though 3.5 did happen...He was nerfed, so I was a little bummed since nothing exciting happened besides nerfs and he became less fun to me since he didn't feel equipped to compete against most of the best characters in this game. Also I never liked cutter dash too much tbh in 3.5. I only thought it was cool when you could waveland out of it. :/ Eh!

For now I await 3.6 and hope that copy abilities become more useful. Also some decent air mobility or a decent fthrow. (Love that move from brawl)!

Sorry for ranting a little, but I'm sort of like that. :p

Take care and Peace!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNS9UoYP-rg

Last edited:

Hi I'm Urban

Smash Cadet
Hi I'm Urban. I'm a green kirby from Colorado and have been solo maining the character for about a year now. I still have a lot to learn but I've been seeing improvement at my local and can see myself becoming a scary kirby to play. I seek improvement in my fundamentals and just toning things down a bit, playing more patient and whatnot. I don't really have any videos that I'm proud of currently but maybe I'll update this post in the future XD.

Anywho, glad to finally join smash boards and looking forward to talking about kirby!

Top Bottom