• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby: Ideal Buffs and Changes V4

TimG57867

Smash Ace
And V3 is now live. Will be interesting to see what patches going forward bring. Whether they touch Kirby or not. This list however reflects what I feel would aide Kirby greatly at least at this time. I can only expect my perspective of things to change as Kirby's meta develops further and more patches come out.

KahunaLagoona DX

Smash Cadet
I feel that if anything, air speed is among the biggest offenders. Why is Kirby still plagued with such an awful air speed value, while Meta Knight is blessed with an air speed value that's more decent?

I get that Kirby doesn't move all that fast while flying in his games, and yet, look at Yoshi. In Yoshi's games, he actually moves slow while flutter jumping, but is blessed with the best air speed (surpassing even Jigglypuff, whom I feel should've been #1) of any fighter right now.
I mean, you pretty much hit the nail on the head there: He doesn't move fast while flying in his games. Although I can say with comparison to Yosh is that Yoshi doesn't really have a true Up B recovery unlike Kirby, hasn't since the 1st game, and his double jump had to compensate greatly for that purpose - Super Armor, still works with Yoshi's Air Speed, etc.

I think if anything a notable change to Yoshi's moveset to make it 1:1 to Yoshi's games is have the double jump drastically reduce Yoshi's Air Speed to equal Kirby's, but to compensate, give Yoshi the same amount of jumps as Kirby, Jiggs, & Meta Knight (As you can only flutter jump once in Mario games, but in Yoshi games you can flutter infinitely, although you don't rise as high after the 1st flutter.) I'd rather not do that though.

I mean, outside the air speed issue, which while I am still concerned, I understand - I'd like it if Kirby's Hitboxes were longer than the body-parts they are based on (Like in Brawl and 64) and if Stone had a ton more power to it like Yoshi and Bowser's Down B - have it have Shield breaking power.

Probably give the same mentioned attributes to Hammer Flip as well: bigger hitbox, more shield breaking power - better Super Armor upon the swing. Hammer is a behemoth power in the Kirby games, make it comparable.

(Also, agree with the Jab changes.)

TimG57867

Smash Ace
And we're finally at Version 4 of my request list. Not TOO different from the last one. Key differences are that a lot of sections could be more refined or focused on a specific thing thanks to 6.0's changes; I could even outright take N-Air off the list which is nice. Been wanting to update this dang thing for ages and figured 7.0 not giving Kirby any focused changes (but giving him a greatly needed shield buff) was the perfect time.

K=RB2

Smash Cadet
Back throw needs higher KB to function better at putting people in edgeguard situations

Top Bottom