• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Kirby Hitboxes and Frame Data

FrenkM0J0

Smash Apprentice
Proper Kirby is better compared to Sheik. Kirby's a very heavily grounded character and grab / tilt heavy character. But yeah, Kirby is better than Bowser, Pichu, and Ness imo. Kirby wins against Bowser, Roy, Pichu, Zelda, and probably Mewtwo in terms of matchups.

Interruptible As Soon As, so with Kirby's up-tilt, even though the move technically ends on frame 32, you can actually do something else starting at frame 28 and cancel the animation earlier. For aerial attacks, you can either land on frame 35 with back-air and have to L-cancel for 7 frames of lag (or not for 15 frames of lag) OR you can land on frame 36 and land with 4 frames of lag, which is the same amount of lag you'd have if you had done anything at all; you can also do another aerial starting at frame 36.
Ok thanks man
Also, why do I keep running into you XD
I've met someone who is as busy on the boards as myself LOL

CAUP

Smash Journeyman
Yo I'm a Kirby diehard and I'd never known this so I thought I would post even though this is most definitely known. Aerial swallow is significantly different from grounded swallow. Grounded swallow has a much larger range.

FrenkM0J0

Smash Apprentice
Yo I'm a Kirby diehard and I'd never known this so I thought I would post even though this is most definitely known. Aerial swallow is significantly different from grounded swallow. Grounded swallow has a much larger range.
Thanks for posting stuff, no matter how known, it's important that you share stuff, so that we can evolve no matter what.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Okay, so aerial hammer is crazy good. I admit I was skeptical for a while because of the long landing lag. However, if you actually hit with the last few hitboxes, which will happen if you use the move properly, as it usually combos out of the first hits, and then combos into utilt.

The best way to use the aerial hammer in neutral is to dash and do a rising REVERSE hammer. For some reason, this still keeps your running momentum when you do this. The reason why reverse is superior is because it actually hits with the back hitboxes at the end of the move (more easily/consistently) when you use it this way. Obviously, the by reversing it, you are placing the back of the move closer to them.

All of Kirby's B moves are super unique to the character. Since Kirby doesn't have much going for him in other departments, I think the key to the character is using his special kit well. Up-b onstage, command grab inhales when airborne and down-b to get out of juggles are all useful optimizations of the character.

Ministry

Smash Ace
Yeah i agree with you. I use it a lot. Also i use ariel hammer and final cutter out of sheild. there are some characters and some situations its good against. I found vs yoshi a lot of multi hit moves are good, fair dair and ariel hammer, since its harder for him to parry/PS

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
I might start using aerial hammer out of shield when I'm worried about fair getting overpowered because of it's intervallic hitboxes.

Super4ng

Smash Journeyman
I vote Nair to be the worst aerial in the game. Worse than zelda dair, worse than any of Roy's, worse than IC's Nair, just so so so bad. Then his back air hitbox and hurtbox is weird as ****, his down air has like more start up than DK fair, just everything is awful. What did Kirby do to deserve this from Sakurai

Top Bottom