• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby Help

SoapBar

Smash Cadet
Hey I've been trying to analyze my match against this Wario player at one of my locals but i'm not super good at analyzing so I was hoping someone could point out what I was doing wrong. Any critique is appreciated and thanks for taking the time out of your day to help a Kirby main out.

Link to the set: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4CK6GRuCuI

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
1.You never air dodged or shielded.

2.You constantly used neutral air as an aerial approach.You need to mix it up with down air, forward air, and back air

3.At some point, you randomly put out charged smashes. Doing it at random times is usually a punish unless the opponent is away from you

4.Also, you should inhale Wario for this matchup. The Copy Ability makes it so much better

SoapBar

Smash Cadet
1.You never air dodged or shielded.

2.You constantly used neutral air as an aerial approach.You need to mix it up with down air, forward air, and back air

3.At some point, you randomly put out charged smashes. Doing it at random times is usually a punish unless the opponent is away from you

4.Also, you should inhale Wario for this matchup. The Copy Ability makes it so much better
Thanks for the help. I'll make sure to work on these in future sets.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Your throw follow-ups are consistently incorrect. Either wrong percentage or wrong move. For example, B-throw to B-Air won't work past like... 3% (guessing here).

BTW, do you perform aerials with the tilt stick? I noticed a lack of forward momentum when you were trying to hit F-Throw to F-Air.

You're also really impatient - calm down a bit. You kept running directly into his smashes, and throwing out pretty wild smashes yourself.

That's pretty much what I can see.

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
Thanks for the help. I'll make sure to work on these in future sets.
Just correcting something wintermelon said, don't use d-air almost at all on stage, but you can do it sometimes. It is slow and punishable.

WootSnorlax

Smash Apprentice
Just correcting something wintermelon said, don't use d-air almost at all on stage, but you can do it sometimes. It is slow and punishable.
I don't know about that. You can get some great conversions on people from using dair. The thing about using dair is that you're going to have to play with your opponent to see how he'll react to it. Dair is really good at catching people who don't shield long enough along with people who shield way too long, and it's also a really good cross up move. If you don't use dair enough, hup canceling will be useless for mindgames. Also it teaches people to try to respect your air presence, you know unless they have a stupid good uair. It's important to understand your opponent and if they don't react to you using dair properly you should abuse it!

Last edited:

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
I don't know about that. You can get some great conversions on people from using dair. The thing about using dair is that you're going to have to play with your opponent to see how he'll react to it. Dair is really good at catching people who don't shield long enough along with people who shield way too long, and it's also a really good cross up move. If you don't use dair enough, hup canceling will be useless for mindgames. Also it teaches people to try to respect your air presence, you know unless they have a stupid good uair. It's important to understand your opponent and if they don't react to you using dair properly you should abuse it!
D-air isn't a good move onstage, frame 18, you have to crossup to not get shield-grabbed, HUP, etc. We shouldn't be telling people to use this move because it becomes a habit. Once you become better you can incorporate reads and hup-cancels but d-air in itself onstage isn't very good.

Top Bottom