• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby Gripes

SazoonTheBoon

Smash Apprentice
I really love kirby, but right now he just feels boring, janky, and unviable.

All of his good points just leave him out classed by other characters; wario is floaty like him and has good combo game, sheik gimps like him and does it better and has better range and a projectile, and metaknight has multiple jumps like him and has better combo game, is faster, and has similar gimps. All these character have a dynamic neutral too other than just spacing fair on shield and hoping that you can duck their grab with your janky crouch.

Honestly the way I would like to see kirby work just overall speed him up and make him more comboable as that dynamic makes him fit more in line with the project m goal design. Right now he just lacks speed, punish game, a decent neutral game, ways to close out stocks and relies on not knowing the matchup to win. Also ever since he came out he has recieved nerfs to his janky qualities (which I'm fine with), but never has recieved a quality of life buff. I honestly believe that the Dev Team could work kirby to be a more fun character to play and also be a fun character to fight against.

Some changes that could be implemented are faster run speed, jump get to their peak faster, falling faster, fewer jumps, maybe a bit more aerial mobility, having a shorter dash attack that acts similarly to peach's dash attack, etc.

Tl;dr Kirby is lacking an identity, and should receive one.

FreeGamer

Smash Ace
He does have an identity. It consists of Inhale, his 5 jumps, and his low duck. Unfortunately, it also comes with being too slow to be aggressive with anything other than Dash Attack.

SazoonTheBoon

Smash Apprentice
I just don't see the point in playing kirby right now when there are better characters who do what kirby does better while I also have more fun playing them too. The only reason I'd pick kirby is in the falco matchup or when I just wanna troll lol

Last edited:

Jinjo64

Smash Apprentice
I live in michigan...lets develop kirby fighters. Also I quit pm due to kirby for the reason you listed. he's just eh.

Top Bottom