• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

kirby generations.

McNinja

Smash Ace
A friend of mine recently asked me how kirby has changed from melee to brawl. Obviously, he's went up pretty far in the tier list. However, I'm a bit of a noob and couldn't explain this very well. Basically, what I'm asking is: how did kirby get so good?

:phone:

HyperKeeby

Smash Rookie
The makers of the game buffed him, that is all. However the mechanics of the game change as well, which can affect characters, but I'm not going to go into that. In Smash64 Kirby was even better.

McNinja

Smash Ace
Yes of course. I guess what I was trying to say was what are the MAIN buffs that make ssbb kirby who he is. I apologize for any confusion.

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
I believe the buffs Kirby got in Brawl aside from the game mechanic changes are:

Throws are no longer escapable
Better Dash Attack
All his B-moves got buffed in both Speed & Power
His Smash attacks have FAR more Knockback & Range (D-Smash miiight have been stronger in Melee)
His aerials have increased range & speed
Tilts got a range & speed buff

They sorta fixed everything that was wrong with Kirby in Melee from top to bottom and all they took away was his Kirbycide Throws.

McNinja

Smash Ace
Oh okay. That makes sense. I'm shocked they kept the thing where you kirbycide, then jump at the last second so you live. Seems like they would have gotten rid of that. Anyways, thank you!

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Oh okay. That makes sense. I'm shocked they kept the thing where you kirbycide, then jump at the last second so you live. Seems like they would have gotten rid of that. Anyways, thank you!
They did get rid of that. We now have to settle with footstooling out of our inhale break, which is character oriented.

Also, next time post something like this in the Kirby Q&A or the General Social. :oneeye:

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Although it COULD be asked in the social or the Q&A thread too... It's also okay to make a thread about it. Trying to start discussion on how Kirby has changed from Melee to Brawl (although it was done years ago, lol) is an acceptable ideea for a thread.

Top Bottom