• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby Fighters X (basically Smash but with Kirby)

Shiver-Star

Smash Cadet

Every 3 Years, the Great Comet Nova soars the skies of Dream Land...
A tournament is held in the galaxy to decide who get s the right to claim 1 wish of this great deity...

Note: This game uses the same engine as another fangame I'm collaborating with: Smash Bros Lawl.
I've already asked permission with DemicStudios (the maker of that fangame) and he has agreed.

What is Kirby Fighters X?
This is a fangame centered around the Kirby series. You could say it's basically Smash Bros but with Kirby characters, stages, items, modes, etc.

What characters are in this game?
-Kirby (NO WAY!)
-Ribbon (Kirby 64)
-Bandana Dee (Super Star)
-Adeleine (Kirby 64)
-Meta Knight (Adventure)
-King Dedede (Dream Land)
-Queen Ripple (Kirby 64)
-Gooey (Kirby Dream Land 2 & 3)
-Knuckle Joe (Kirby Super Star)
-Waddle Doo (Dream Land)
-Poppy Bro. Jr (Dream Land)
-Tac (Kirby Super Star)
-Bugzzy (Adventure)
-Burning Leo (Super Star)
-Chilly (Adventure)
-Plasma Wisp (Super Star)
-Simirror (Super Star)
-Blade Knight/Sword Knight (Adventure)
-Sir Kibble (Dream Land)
-Biospark (Super Star)
-Golem & Rocky (Amazing Mirror/Adventure)
-Capsule J2 (Super Star Ultra)
-Wheelie (Adventure)
-Bonkers (Adventure)
-Birdon (Super Star)
-Gim (Super Star)
-Mr. Frosty (Adventure)
-Chef Kawasaki (Super Star)
-Iron Mom (Super Star)
-Lololo & Lalala (Dream Land)
-Keke (Dream Land 3)
-Dark Warrior (Dream Land 2)
-Marx (Super Star)
-Dark Meta Knight/Dark Mind (Amazing Mirror)
-Wiz (Amazing Mirror)
-Daroach (Squeak Squad)
-Prince Fluff (Epic Yarn)
-Galacta Knight (Super Star Ultra)
-Magolor (Return to Dream Land)
-Metal General (Return to Dream Land)
-Taranza (Triple Deluxe)
-Queen Sectonia (Triple Deluxe)
-Robobot Armor (Planet Robobot)
-Susie (Planet Robobot)
-and more?

*whew* I know this is pretty excessive, but at the very least I want you to know who to look forward to. This ain't gonna be easy, I know.

What stages are gonna be in this game?
]-Green Greens (Melee)/Dream Land (64)
-Queen Ripple's Castle (Kirby 64)
-Ice Cream Island (Adventure)
-Coo's Forest (Dream Land 3)
-Halberd (Brawl)
-Mt. Dedede Stadium (Dream Land/Super Star)
-Bubbly Clouds (Dream Land)
-Iceberg (Dream Land 2)
-Rock Star (Kirby 64)
-Factory Tour (Kirby 64)
-Beginner's Show (Super Star)
-Artist Studio (Adventure, though styled more around Adeleine than Paint Roller)
-Dedede's Castle Hill/Cappy Town (Hoshi no Kaabii/Right Back at Ya!)
-The Arena (Super Star)
-Another Dimension (Return to Dream Land)
-Butter Building (Adventure)
-Rainbow Route (Amazing Mirror)
-Stardust City (Air Ride, basically the city from City Trial except with a name instead of being anonymous)
-Waddle Dee Train (Triple Deluxe)
-Sweets Park (Epic Yarn)
-Fountain of Dreams (Adventure/Nightmare in Dream Land)
-Dark Star (Kirby 64)
-Great Cave Offensive (not the Sm4sh version)
-Royal Road (Triple Deluxe)
-Haldera Volcano (Return to Dream Land)
-GB Dream land (Smash 3DS)
-and more!

I'm a casual pleb, are there any hazards in these stages?
Of course there are, what point would there be to have completely lifeless stages? ;)

Ew, casual stuff, is there any stuff more competitive?
Of course there are, what point would there be to have completely over saturated stages? ;)

Alright decide already, is this game casual or competitive?
It's both. All stages have 4 variants. Regular with Hazards (Green Greens), Regular W/O hazards (Green Greens without Apples or Blocks), Competitive with hazards (Dream Land 64 with wind) AND Competive W/O hazards (Dream Land 64 without wind).
Not all competitive variants have been decided yet.

I want my items, where are they?
We're definitely working on the items, I'll just let you know Flame Torches are in the game so you pyromaniac Meta Knight can ejoy burning down stuff :pikachu:

What sets this game apart from all other Smash fangames?
There are a couple of things:
1- The entire game is Kirby-themed so if you ever wanted to blow up Dark Matter with a Poppy Bros Jr there you have it.
2- This is the important part:

This game has a unique feature called "Soft/Hard Attacks". Basically, if you tap the attack button lightly you get X attack, but if you tap the button hard you get a stronger Y attack. E.g: Kirby's N-Air has two variants: Soft N-Air is his Sex Kick from Smash 64 while his Hard N-Air is his Twinkle Star N-Air move from melee onward.
Brawl Minus and Ryu from Sm4sh use this kind of tactic (with another name of course) but here it applies to all characters equally. Just so you know, not all attacks get variants. If an attack doesn't get a variant in terms of animation and you still tap the button harder the move will still be stronger but look exactly the same as the regular variant.
Every character gets access to these tools so no one becomes more broken than the rest :metaknight:

This is all pretty and all but does Bandana Dee get Multispear Attack for his jab?
Yes.

When's the demo coming out?
I hope to get to make it this year haha :sweat:

Can I wavedash and do my Melee tricks here?
Yes, Smash Bros Lawl already lets you toggle between having Melee tricks or not so the same applies here.

--------------------------
Alright, so I can take care of the game's programming (SSBL already has a full-on character builder which is used in the game to make the current characters, so I can easily take care of this), the game's artworks and sprites.
What I need help with: Pretty much sprites (specially characters sprited from the ground up), stage spriting, music (or I can just use the regular music from the games but remixes would be really nice) and definitely Voice Acting (Skullgirls and JJBA Heritage for the Future were my main inspirations behind this game ok).
If you happen to apply to any of these talents above an you're interested in helping me make this game, please contact me via PM or by any of my links below.

Unfortunately, there's no demo version available nor any screenshots nor videos. I didn't want to make this topic before I could show you anything about the game but there's been quite a bit of heat lately so I might as well show you I'm taking this project seriously.
Now onto some artworks :3

Thank you for taking the time to read through this entire post, have a good day!

Last edited:

Russell_SSB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MrRussellgro
3DS FC
0662-7159-3567
Switch FC
SW-3345-3263-9133
I his looks like an interesting idea for a SSB clone. I enjoy the fact that this might be a good game based on Kirby. Heck, maybe add a little easter egg for a stage based on The Adventures of Lolo for the NES. See how many would remember that game from the 80s before Kirby ever existed. :)

Shiver-Star

Smash Cadet
I enjoyed playing that game back when I had no internet haha
Since Lololo/Lalala are already chars in this game I can give them some references in their movesets for that. (Btw, they play like the Ice Climbers except you can swap between the two)

IM Meen

Smash Rookie
King Dedede could use references from the anime, and even have one his voices be the one from that show.

Top Bottom