• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby Discord Server!

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Hey! As some users have expressed concerns over Skype, I decided to see if Discord was a better option, given many character boards have been moving over there. After a bit of research, it's overall much better than Skype. Here's an overview on why (altered from this thread):

- Discord can be used in the browser, through the program and even on mobile devices.
- You do not have to sign up to use Discord, allowing new members to check out the chat before joining.
- Having multiple text/voice channels allows for much more organized discussion.
- It is possible to set how loud you hear each individual in a voice chat, balancing for different mic sensitivity.
- Doesn't hog computer resources and lag
- Doesn't destroy online Wi-Fi matches
- Easier to manage for admins, as they have more control, meaning the chat will stay cleaner and easier to use for everyone.
- You can easily tell who is online, offline, and AFK.
- No ads!
- IP is protected at all times
- Constantly getting updates, unlike Skype that very rarely gets updated with new features.

You can read more about Discord from their main site.

Rules:

(1) No NSFW Posts. Mainly images but applies to comments too. This results in an IMMEDIATE ban. Strictly prohibited! If you wouldn’t want a teacher or a boss to see what you are about to post or the comment you are about to send, don’t post it.

(2) Character Bashing- Don’t bash our main, or other characters! Strictly not allowed! You will be warned if you are “bashing” a character. This is not an outlet for your complaints against our character.

(3) Baiting / Bullying / Pedestaling other players in the chat. Everyone is treated equally with respect. If you are “toxic” to this chat community you will be warned. Bear in mind that being toxic is a vague word but the moderators will let you know if you are breaking this rule and will give you a warning. Repeat offenders will get banned. This is supposed to be a safe haven for our character mains, anybody against that goal will be removed.

(4) No spamming the chats. Be it images, memes, or constant message notification spam. You will be warned.

(5) If you add someone who was previously banned without the moderators knowing so, both parties will be removed.

(6) Do not change your name to be the same as someone else. Attempting to masquerade as another person is a bannable offense.

(7) Please use the channels for their intended purpose.

(8) Please show respect when you’re in the voice chats.

If you break the rules, there will be consequences. This can range from a simple warning to a complete ban from the chat. Breaking minor rules multiple times will have larger consequences.

---

https://discord.gg/0WVhq5ia3jORwh7Z

---

While this may seem odd, I have one more request for all of you! To ensure that the Kirby boards keep a decent amount of activity and information is still widely available, any new information found in "metagame" should be archived and posted on the forums. Otherwise, it'll end up getting lost and new members can't access it.

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Yes, and no. Similar to how there's different text channels, there's different voice channels. If you join a voice channel, you can hear what others are saying. You can then disable your mic if you want to talk, but otherwise it's disabled.

so there's the option but you don't have to use it and you don't have to listen to others' voices

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
The link has been updated with Vinyl's Discord server! If you're part of the current one, switch to the new link. It has more members across Smashboards, Reddit and Skype.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Hey guys. I think I already said this before, but we'll be having J-MU Discussions soon. This means we'll be discussing the match ups of one character alongside the mains who use that character so we can come up with a good conclusion. After we finish all that jazz, a finalized chart will be made.

Keep in mind that this isn't for everyone.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Meeeeeeeeeeeeep

Last edited:

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
You should probably create a perma-invite link and add it to the Original Post.

oxHUNTERxo

Smash Rookie
Hey! As some users have expressed concerns over Skype, I decided to see if Discord was a better option, given many character boards have been moving over there. After a bit of research, it's overall much better than Skype. Here's an overview on why (altered from this thread):

- Discord can be used in the browser, through the program and even on mobile devices.
- You do not have to sign up to use Discord, allowing new members to check out the chat before joining.
- Having multiple text/voice channels allows for much more organized discussion.
- It is possible to set how loud you hear each individual in a voice chat, balancing for different mic sensitivity.
- Doesn't hog computer resources and lag
- Doesn't destroy online Wi-Fi matches
- Easier to manage for admins, as they have more control, meaning the chat will stay cleaner and easier to use for everyone.
- You can easily tell who is online, offline, and AFK.
- No ads!
- IP is protected at all times
- Constantly getting updates, unlike Skype that very rarely gets updated with new features.

You can read more about Discord from their main site.

Rules:

(1) No NSFW Posts. Mainly images but applies to comments too. This results in an IMMEDIATE ban. Strictly prohibited! If you wouldn’t want a teacher or a boss to see what you are about to post or the comment you are about to send, don’t post it.

(2) Character Bashing- Don’t bash our main, or other characters! Strictly not allowed! You will be warned if you are “bashing” a character. This is not an outlet for your complaints against our character.

(3) Baiting / Bullying / Pedestaling other players in the chat. Everyone is treated equally with respect. If you are “toxic” to this chat community you will be warned. Bear in mind that being toxic is a vague word but the moderators will let you know if you are breaking this rule and will give you a warning. Repeat offenders will get banned. This is supposed to be a safe haven for our character mains, anybody against that goal will be removed.

(4) No spamming the chats. Be it images, memes, or constant message notification spam. You will be warned.

(5) If you add someone who was previously banned without the moderators knowing so, both parties will be removed.

(6) Do not change your name to be the same as someone else. Attempting to masquerade as another person is a bannable offense.

(7) Please use the channels for their intended purpose.

(8) Please show respect when you’re in the voice chats.

If you break the rules, there will be consequences. This can range from a simple warning to a complete ban from the chat. Breaking minor rules multiple times will have larger consequences.

---

If you would like to join, please comment below. @Vinyl or I will send you a PM with the invitation link.

---

While this may seem odd, I have one more request for all of you! To ensure that the Kirby boards keep a decent amount of activity and information is still widely available, any new information found in "popstar-labs" should be archived and posted on the forums. Otherwise, it'll end up getting lost and new members can't access it.
@Vinyl I am not a kirby main but I was wondering if I can join the chat for a day simply for kirby practice. I am a zss main btw.

Yammark Iggy

Smash Rookie
NNID
Trolltorb
3DS FC
1977-0250-8724
Hm. I'd love to join the chat, but I'm a pretty memey person when it comes to chats, and considering there's a Spam rule, then I will join, and I will also limit spamming to a minimum. Yep.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Hm. I'd love to join the chat, but I'm a pretty memey person when it comes to chats, and considering there's a Spam rule, then I will join, and I will also limit spamming to a minimum. Yep.
There's actually a meme channel in the chat reserved strictly for memes and **** posting

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Newish Kirby player here, about 2 months in to Kirby.

I'd like to join, I guess

Top Bottom