• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby and the Forgotten Land Gets New Trailer and Release Date

Kirby_Forgotten_Land_New_Trailer.jpg

Earlier today, Nintendo dropped a new trailer for Kirby and the Forgotten Land! While short, it provided us with some very interesting information. Most importantly, we learned the game’s release date is March 25th, 2022!

The trailer started off with snippets of gameplay featuring old abilities like Bomb, Tornado and Hammer. However, it doesn’t take long for our first big reveal to occur, turns out Kirby and the Forgotten Land is actually a two player experience. The game features co-op, and player two gets to play as Bandana Waddle Dee!

Two_Players.jpg

Our next big reveal came very soon after that, revealing that the game has a hub world called Waddle Dee Town. This town, as you’d expect, is filled with Waddle Dees as well as many buildings. So far, we know that you can play a restaurant minigame, fish, talk to a wise Waddle Dee for advice, and get figures from a machine.

Wise_Dee.jpg

After that, the trailer showed off two new abilities. One gives Kirby a drill helmet that allows him to dig and resurface. The other gives him this adorable little blunderbuss, which of course allows him to shoot projectiles! The trailer then shows off a little footage of new bosses and areas, and closes off with an encounter with Meta Knight!

Kirby_Joker_Neutral_Special.jpg

Of course, if you want to see the trailer for yourself, you can watch the trailer below!

Author’s Note: I genuinely didn't think co-op would be in the game. Quite frankly though, I'm super glad I'm wrong! Everything about the game so far looks amazing to me and the idea of being able to play it with a pal just makes that even better! At this point I feel pretty confident saying it's my most anticipated game coming this year, which is definitely saying a lot. What do you think though? Let us know in the comments below!

Credits:

Editing & Writing: Zerp Zerp
Graphics: Zerp Zerp
Social: Zerp Zerp

Mitchell "Zerp" Brenkus

Comments

It looks really good! I don't think I've played the last few new Kirby games, but this one is definitely on my radar!

Y'know, I was kind of hoping for a different approach for a 3D Kirby game-like, what about an isometric type deal, like a slower, easier, overall better version of Sonic 3D Blast? But this approach is now showing to be quite competent! Everyone's talking about how awesome the new hats are, but I also wanna call attention for how well Nintendo has adapted mainstay Kirby abilities to a 3D space. Everything here is taking advantage of the new perspective and I think that's a really good thing. Hopefully, the fact that Kirby is making the transition to 3D later than any other platforming icon will be in his favor, as the game will be able to learn from the mistakes and accomplishments of 3D transitions that came before it.
EDIT: lol I just realized how many times I typed "3D there

Last edited:
Game looks really great from the gameplay we've seen, this might be a day 1 buy from me!

View attachment 342502

Earlier today, Nintendo dropped a new trailer for Kirby and the Forgotten Land! While short, it provided us with some very interesting information. Most importantly, we learned the game’s release date is March 25th, 2022!

The trailer started off with snippets of gameplay featuring old abilities like Bomb, Tornado and Hammer. However, it doesn’t take long for our first big reveal to occur, turns out Kirby and the Forgotten Land is actually a two player experience. The game features co-op, and player two gets to play as Bandana Waddle Dee!

View attachment 342499

Our next big reveal came very soon after that, revealing that the game has a hub world called Waddle Dee Town. This town, as you’d expect, is filled with Waddle Dees as well as many buildings. So far, we know that you can play a restaurant minigame, fish, talk to a wise Waddle Dee for advice, and get figures from a machine.

View attachment 342501

After that, the trailer showed off two new abilities. One gives Kirby a drill helmet that allows him to dig and resurface. The other gives him this adorable little blunderbuss, which of course allows him to shoot projectiles! The trailer then shows off a little footage of new bosses and areas, and closes off with an encounter with Meta Knight!

View attachment 342500

Of course, if you want to see the trailer for yourself, you can watch the trailer below!

Author’s Note: I genuinely didn't think co-op would be in the game. Quite frankly though, I'm super glad I'm wrong! Everything about the game so far looks amazing to me and the idea of being able to play it with a pal just makes that even better! At this point I feel pretty confident saying it's my most anticipated game coming this year, which is definitely saying a lot. What do you think though? Let us know in the comments below!

Credits:

Editing & Writing: Zerp Zerp
Graphics: Zerp Zerp
Social: Zerp Zerp

Top Bottom