• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby and Olimar

Sputnikk8156

Smash Journeyman
Since Olimar's standard B is...

<Standard Special Move: Pikmin Pluck>

First uproot a few Pikmin from the ground. You can have up to six Pikmin at one time. As long as there is ground beneath your feet, you can reach down and pull up a Pikmin, but be aware that certain Pikmin are more likely to appear in specific types of flooring.

There are 5 types of Pikmin to use!

- Red Pikmin -

* High attack power
* Attacks imbued with incendiary properties
* Immune to fire

- Yellow Pikmin -

* Range of attack slightly larger than usual;
easy to hit enemies with
* Travel in slight arcs when thrown
* Attacks imbued with electrical properties

- Blue Pikmin -

* Strong when thrown
* Slightly more durable than average

- Purple Pikmin -

* Doesn’t fly far when thrown
* Slow
* High attack power
* Slams into enemies instead of
latching on when thrown

- White Pikmin -

* Quick and light
* When latched onto opponent,
poison does additional damage

This means that all Kirby will do with the Olimar hat, is simply pluck Pikmen out of the ground and have them follow him around. So Kirby can't do anything else with them, they're more of an accessory..idk you guys talk about it.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Maybe Kirby's B move will do other B moves besides the character's standard one for Brawl.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Honestly, plucking out the Pikmin is cool enough for me.

Froilen

Smash Apprentice
I think... instead of absorving Olimar, he gets the power o the pikmin next to him like an Item... and get the power of "fire, Ice/water, electricity, poison and... HULK?!?!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

P-Lock

Smash Rookie
Kirby plucks one out then Kirby can throw it by simply pressing A or whatever your A button is set to. It will then have different effects, depending on the Pikmin. Simple.
I agree. It just makes sense.
And either way, if you can't do anything with them, I'm sure you could atleast use them as some kind of meat shield to take projectiles depending on how fast they follow your movements.

Qbuilderz

Smash Journeyman
that was my idea too, he plucks them, but his a moves use them because the pikmin are like items exclusive to olimar and kirby.

Or if that dosn't work, they could always act as a sheild to kirby!

walkskyluker115

Smash Apprentice
Whatever kirby does, it's going to be interesting. The game designers wouldn't be stupid enough to make it useless because he dosen't have olmar's moves.

Maybe Kirby's B move will do other B moves besides the character's standard one for Brawl.
No...

But honestly, it isn't a big deal if Kirby has one useless hat. It wasn't what I expected, but since it is easier to pull Pikmin as a standard special than a down special (less buttons), it's worth having a useless Kirby aspect for the sake of making Olimar better and easier to use. I don't think Sakurai will lose too much sleep over the matter.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
It won't be useless, the developers are not that dumb, I guess they will be like a Nana-army.

smash superstar

Smash Ace
At first i was thinking they would pick something other than plucking pikmin for his standard B that way kirby got something...but really all hes other b movies require pikmin so tehres not much else to choose from

Im sure the pikmin will efect kirbys standard moves or something i dout there just there to be there....but then again i guess you never know:dizzy:

NeoZ

Smash Ace
When Kirby absorbs Kirby, it's practically useless, so I wouldn't call them stupid if the Pikmin were useless to Kirby.
Well he absorbs himself, getting Inhale as his neutral B.
While that actually makes sense, Pikmin being useless wouldn't.
Even if they didn't attack, you could turn around and let them block projectiles, and that's not useless(maybe not really useful but not useless).
I guess when we play the game we'll see if it's better to absorb him or just spit him out.

Camera_Guy

Smash Journeyman
Well he absorbs himself, getting Inhale as his neutral B.
While that actually makes sense, Pikmin being useless wouldn't.
Even if they didn't attack, you could turn around and let them block projectiles, and that's not useless(maybe not really useful but not useless).
I guess when we play the game we'll see if it's better to absorb him or just spit him out.
But when he does his taunt, a star doesn't shoot out so he really doesn't copy himself, he just doesn't get anything.

Kinlap

Smash Apprentice
At least Kirby actually got a new useful hat unlike most of his hats. Kirby gets to the ability to throw stuff at people (not that bad) when he eats Olimar.

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
People are too overly concerned with Kirby. Over half of the abilities he gained in Melee were worthless.

Oh and another thing...Isn't it confirmed that Kirby can suck in items? Maybe he can suck in a pikmin and get a fire/electric/water/poison attack or something...

walkskyluker115

Smash Apprentice
People are too overly concerned with Kirby. Over half of the abilities he gained in Melee were worthless.

Oh and another thing...Isn't it confirmed that Kirby can suck in items? Maybe he can suck in a pikmin and get a fire/electric/water/poison attack or something...
I like that idea.

ricydafrog

Smash Journeyman
just a thought but is it entirely out of the question that perhaps the pikmin do minor damage when plucked
otherwise yeah, haveing the pikmin follow you is still pretty cool

fums63

Smash Apprentice
the pikmin following you likely fight. otherwise, it wouldn't say how reddy is fire powered and how the purple ones strong.

gsarany

Smash Cadet
You throw them at your opponent and depending on what colour they will stick onto the enemy and cause additional damage

Oh wow nevermind didnt know for them to latch on was Olimars side B. Haha my bad. Wow I guess you just throw.

Rikka

Smash Journeyman
I still wouldn't be surprised if the Pikmin attack enemies that come near by. Not to say it's absolutely going to happen, of course.

Kelexo

Smash Journeyman
Photoshop doesn't answer anything.

But when he does his taunt, a star doesn't shoot out so he really doesn't copy himself, he just doesn't get anything.
Oh jesus, don't be so ignorantly technical. Kirby can't steal anything from another Kirby because he has NOTHING TO STEAL. They're the same. Unless the inhaled Kirby has a hat, to which he DOES steal it, meaning it's not always useless.

So, he can suck up another kirby on rare occasions to actually make use of it. That means that making Kirby's Olimar move useless is indeed unfair.

Pyr0

Smash Ace
Competitive Kirby's rarely use (a considerate amount of times) the special moves they copy.

In fact, the swallow attack is more useful for Kirbycides.

So don't whine about useless copy attacks...

RedKnight

Smash Ace
50 bucks says that Kirby Olimar plucks one out and HOLDS IT , then he can throw them to have them latch on. Itll basically be changed a little to be like a combo of pikman pluck and pikman throw

Sailyfee

Smash Apprentice
What I think is that Kirby won't be able to suck Captain Olimar, but maybe all of his current Pikmin. Thus prompting Olimar to pluck out MOAR.

Haha, this one is gonna be hard for Sakurai to work out.

burrito

Smash Lord
I think they might just follow kirby around, shield him, and automatically attack opponents.

Camera_Guy

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure, the pic with 4 Olimars had them close to each others Pikmin, and the Pikmin looked like they were more preoccupied with following their master than attacking.

ThatOtherGuy

Smash Cadet
I don't see how it's any more unfair than Kirby vs. Kirby. If anything, fire immunity is "unfair" since it only affects certain characters, like Mario, Bowser, Charizard, etc.

Camera_Guy

Smash Journeyman
Fire immunity is fine. It's only the red Pikmin, it's not like someone can stack up their army with only red pikmin (so far), and it's not like Mario, Bowser, & Charizard are completely based around fire damaging attacks.

Top Bottom