• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby Amiibo

Shanya

Smash Rookie
Hi guys, recently I just started playing SSMBU on the switch, I even purchase the Kirby Amiibo.

I just want to know if there is any guide on what are the specific skills to learn, to level up the figure player ?

and also, are amiibo FP allowed in online tourney ?

Ethan Weegee

Smash Cadet
Amiibo are sadly very linear. They're CPU fighters, but have set priority on different moves. As a result, you can't teach them anything a normal CPU doesn't already know.

And no, you can't use Amiibo in online tourneys, unless stated otherwise. (There was a doubles tourney where you partnered with your Amiibo some time ago)

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
Amiibo are sadly very linear. They're CPU fighters, but have set priority on different moves. As a result, you can't teach them anything a normal CPU doesn't already know.

And no, you can't use Amiibo in online tourneys, unless stated otherwise. (There was a doubles tourney where you partnered with your Amiibo some time ago)
That's not correct, amiibo AI is actually much more flexible and can be manipulated to perform functions that CPUs can't. The two types of AI have about 80% overlap in terms of what they can learn, but amiibo AI goes much deeper.

As for leveling up the FP, I wouldn't worry about it too much. The optimal way to train your amiibo is generally considered to be this method: https://exion-vault.com/2020/01/28/amiibo-training-method-squads/ (just ignore the parts with multiple amiibo.) Basically you'll train them the way the guide says, after the fourth match you'll turn off their Learning, and then let them run with Learning off in about an hour of matches until they are level 50. At the end of that match, save them back to the figure.

Kirby's a pretty smart amiibo if you know how to play him, if you'd like some advice on specifically how to train him to beat other amiibo, let me know.

Top Bottom