• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby air speed

Crystaljiggs

Smash Journeyman
I am so sick of people talking about kirbys air speed there is a huge reason why his air speed has been bad its because in all of kirbys games his air speed is not that good and what sakarui is trying to do is make kirby from smash feel like his games and this is why his air speed is so trash and will never be good in fact they nerfed his air speed from brawl because of this reason

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
That's the longest run-on sentence I've ever seen lol

Also, Captain Falcon never leaves his car in F-Zero, does that mean he should never walk but only drive? A character can get a small buff and it will keep them true to their games.

Dessa

Smash Journeyman
I really feel like Kirby is the ground-based roundpink in this game. I'd be happy if they just focused on optimizing that (and fixing his up-b).

Dessa

Smash Journeyman
at least his up b aint little macs for recovering lol
Little Mac's is about on par IMO. It's got about the same vertical distance (I think?), but is difficult to interrupt. Its disadvantage compared to the Final Cutter is that it has no horizontal movement. No, what makes Kirby's recovery so much better is his multiple jumps. Kirby's jumps enable him to recover from deep, and to remain unpredictable or even dangerous offstage. Final Cutter is just one option out of dozens (or a sixth jump if needed). Mac's up+b can also kill more easily than the final cutter.

Final Cutter needs one of the following boons before I would call it "good":
More height.
Snaps to ledge.
More horizontal distance.
Better endlag/startup.
or a projectile with better range.

Taken singly, none of these would be unreasonable.

Top Bottom