• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kings of Cali: NORCAL v SOCAL 8v8 predictions

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master

NORCAL

Shroomed - Santa Cruz :drmario:
PewpewU - San Mateo :marthmelee:
Zhu - Fremont :falcomelee:
SFAT - San Mateo :foxmelee:
Bob$ - Concord :marthmelee: -co-captain-
Scar - Stanford :falconmelee:
Alan - Oakland :peachmelee:
Tafokints - Berkeley :sheikmelee:

-alts-
Darrell - Hayward :samusmelee:
Hyuga - Santa Cruz :jigglypuffmelee: -co-captain-

versus

SOCAL

Mango - Norwalk :falcomelee: -captain-
s2j - Diamond Bar :falconmelee:
Lovage - Westlake Village :foxmelee:
Westballz - Burbank :falcomelee:
Lucky - Norwalk :foxmelee:
Fly Amanita - Irvine :icsmelee:
Sung666 - Eagle Rock :falcomelee:
Connor - Anaheim :foxmelee:

-alts-
Stabbedbyanipple - Irvine :falcomelee:
MacD - Irvine :peachmelee:

The first match will be.....

ALAN :peachmelee: v. WESTBALLZ :falcomelee:

Wieners

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, is Norcal cheating? Why can the alt go in first. They gotta swap someone on their actual roster if they're starting with an "alt"

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Guys, there is basically no effective difference between an alt and a starter. You can start with an alt if you want. An alt can go in at any time. These are FC rules. Watch the old crew battles to reacquaint yourself.

Its 8v8 and each crew has 10 players to choose from.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Socal has always claimed that West does not suck against peach

but let's be real here, he sucks against peach

and he doesn't even have his falcon CP.

The "weak spots" on norcal would appear to be alan and tafo, but if west ****s up vs. peach...

And if macD is super rusty and not the always-top-10-at-nationals monster that he usually is...

norcal has a really good shot

ajajayjay

Smash Journeyman
SoCal has three foxes whom it would not be a stretch to call rusty, and we all know how the pressure can get to fox players in crews. I think Norcal has a great shot.

It's a shame they don't have darkatma's peach (or alan) to send in against Fly, what the heck happened to Binyan?

The Star King

Smash Hero
SoCal will obviously win. Don't kid yourself. I have no idea who Sung666 is though, but he's a starter before stabbed and MacD... something tells me he's good.

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Wes is probably gonna take out like two people and it's only gonna get worse from there lol

regardless, I hope I get the chance to go in and ****

JPOBS

Smash Hero
People are MAD underating Norcal. Socal's lineup is FULL of spacies. Spacies are just combo fodder in crew battles. Crews are won by tank characters and gimpers.

My predictions:
1. Alan beats westballz first round, and Norcal never gives up the lead.
2. MacD will be pivotal in deciding the winner. If he doesn't play well (or at all), norcal wins; if he does, it will be closer/socal wins
3. Norcal will have a sizeable lead until mango comes in. He will probably go last and it might take like 8 stocks just to beat him which is gay

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Honestly, i don't mean any harm to alan, but Wes is a much better player, so even if he has a "peach weakness" it really will not matter lol

also mccain is a rusty piece of poo

Beat!

Smash Master
SoCal will obviously win. Don't kid yourself. I have no idea who Sung666 is though, but he's a starter before stabbed and MacD... something tells me he's good.
He's pretty damn legit these days.

There are lots of Sung videos on MeleePacWest and on stab's channel. Check 'em out.

Predictions:
Norcal won't be quite as free as some people seem to think, but in the end, Socal will take it. Not sure by how much.

Westballz will beat Alan with two stocks left.

S2J will **** *****es up and take at least 7 stocks, unless PPU is still left in the Norcal crew when they send him in.

Mango will do what's expected of him, and not much more. 5 stocks, maybe 6.

PPU and Shroomed will take more than 4 stocks each.

Construct

Smash Journeyman
I think it'll go to SoCal. It'll be a great match either way. Lot of exciting players to watch, hope MacD gets some playtime too.

Get PP and one of the Cali guys to do commentary?

Top Bottom