• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KingJigglypuff's Project M Throne Room! 09/08/2019: Fighting Alloy Team Pack Updated

Rpggames77

Smash Journeyman
Your not done with pm are you? I saw your comment on the pig ganon video saying "I'm glad to have helped with this final send off to the community with all of you." Say it ain't so.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Your not done with pm are you? I saw your comment on the pig ganon video saying "I'm glad to have helped with this final send off to the community with all of you." Say it ain't so.
That's not what I meant when I said "final", lol. I mean "final" as a sendoff from a few ex-PMDT who wanted to make a big finale.

If I was actually done with Brawl modding, I would have let everyone know by now. Even though I still want to work on my Brawl/PM stuff, I haven't had the motivation lately.

It's due to me just not wanting to do everything as a one man project. With almost every single project I've done, I've done the animation, model rigging, model importing, PSA work, etc. While there's a few very talented members I can rely on for model-related things, the animation part is what stumps me the most (especially with more complex characters). If I could have a dedicated animator, it would make my work so much easier. If anyone here wants to help out with that, please send me a PM with examples of your work. What you get in return is early access to my movesets and assistance from me on your own projects.

This was one of the main reasons why my currently released projects have been Solo Charizard and Sm4sh Charizard respectively, as they were both relatively easy to do.

Speaking of Sm4sh Charizard, I apologize for not having progress related to Custom Specials. After doing a lot of work on just one set of Custom Specials, I feel I should just scrap the concept all together. This will also include Deoxys' proposed Customs as well. Please understand™.

Last edited:

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
Oh no... KJP is done with Brawl modding. ;A;

I would animate for you... but God damn that **** is tedious.

jaystring

Smash Ace
Deoxys update! Here's some early WIP shots of "Normal" in-game!

still a lot to do but hey, I think it's an appropriate time to show that there's still progress been done.

there's some skinning issues still and don't mind the center crystal, it's not UVed properly so don't look good yet

I'm trying really hard to fix the blurried textures but it's a big big challenge as there's 4 model in a single pac file (normal, attack, defense and speed) making it really tight in filesize.

Dolphin user will be able to use HD textures as I'm preparing them too (will show them eventually)

and here's Attack WIP textures been worked on

Last edited:

jaystring

Smash Ace
J jaystring looks cool, but could you make it look more like Brawl's Deoxys?
Mostly the color, the texture for the eyes and the gem.
well, in all honesty, i'm not really a pokemon player so I don't really know what color is supposed to be canon for him.

Doing search about him clearly show him in 2 different color palette

I've been using these as reference up until now because I personally think they look the best

but yeah I can change it if the darker red color is supposed to be the right one.

or probably make it a recolor later maybe?

and yeah, I mentioned to not look at the gem! not done properly yet.

Javln Mastr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Modernlykos
3DS FC
3823-8516-1685
Unless you have a neato move you could use instead of transforming with a special, it might be best just to use the special command.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Unless you have a neato move you could use instead of transforming with a special, it might be best just to use the special command.
Right at the top of my head, I can think of a Down Special for Speed Form. If the Taunt option gets more attraction, I'll think of more ideas.

Down Special (Speed Form): Spikes. Deoxys sets down a trap of spikes, which traps the foe in hitstun, allowing for a follow-up.

Obskore

Smash Ace
Right at the top of my head, I can think of a Down Special for Speed Form. If the Taunt option gets more attraction, I'll think of more ideas.

Down Special (Speed Form): Spikes. Deoxys sets down a trap of spikes, which traps the foe in hitstun, allowing for a follow-up.
do they spike if they hit an opponent in the air?

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
With a total of 45 voters, Taunt Transformation has the lead with 27/60 people voting in favor of it.

Though I'm going to make a second poll to make sure people know what they want, as Taunt Transformation does have its flaws, such as:
-No other Smash Brothers character has aerial Taunting, making it out of place.
-While new unique Down Specials add more to the character, it'll take longer to think of and implement said Specials when I already have the current Down Special transformation coding finalized.
-Deoxys will not have its own Taunts if this goes through, given that Deoxys would be using the said Taunt inputs to transform.
-The coding adds a total of 10 KB to the file size. That's 10 KB which could have been used on other moves and/or the overall moveset.
-In addition to being the only character to be able to Taunt in the air, it'll also be the only character to completely change the way it plays via taunting, which again, makes it out of place when compared to other character Taunts with effects.

The second poll can be found here: http://www.strawpoll.me/10822837

Shren

Smash Journeyman
With a total of 45 voters, Taunt Transformation has the lead with 27/60 people voting in favor of it.

Though I'm going to make a second poll to make sure people know what they want, as Taunt Transformation does have its flaws, such as:
-No other Smash Brothers character has aerial Taunting, making it out of place.
-While new unique Down Specials add more to the character, it'll take longer to think of and implement said Specials when I already have the current Down Special transformation coding finalized.
-Deoxys will not have its own Taunts if this goes through, given that Deoxys would be using the said Taunt inputs to transform.
-The coding adds a total of 10 KB to the file size. That's 10 KB which could have been used on other moves and/or the overall moveset.
-In addition to being the only character to be able to Taunt in the air, it'll also be the only character to completely change the way it plays via taunting, which again, makes it out of place when compared to other character Taunts with effects.

The second poll can be found here: http://www.strawpoll.me/10822837
That logic seems sound for Deoxys to not have taunt transformations...

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
That logic seems sound for Deoxys to not have taunt transformations...
Yeah, I really don't want to bloat up 10 KB of file size with Taunt Transformation, when that 10 KB could be used on other things. I just wanted to get my followers a bit more involved, as it's been so long since an actual release of mine. :\

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I have such an opportunity to be a smartass here, but since I have grown past those days, I will just say nothing here.
Hahaha, take the opportunity, you deserve it.
I was gonna try to too, but I'm not smart enough. I want to say something to the effect of "so is Deoxys", short, simple, and elegant but then I'd bet I'd get an over complicated analyzed response overlaying the differences between Ocarina Ganon and Deoxys, (probably regarding how Deoxys is fully from scratch, and the functions of the two taunts being completely different) that I wouldn't know how to respond to.

Last edited:

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Hey, hey, it's time for another update!

In the meantime of the downtime, I made a very simple cosmetic mod, which was requested by @Choice Scarf.
The said mod gives Pikachu a metallic effect for its Up Smash, alongside an additional moveset edit to give the attack an on-hit metal SFX.

Download Link: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=212553

I also have another Deoxys model update from J jaystring . The newest entry is Defense Form, alongside tweaks to Normal and Attack Forms.

Normal:

Attack:

Defense:

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Out of curiosity will you ever work on grey fox?
No. I don't follow the Metal Gear franchise, so my skills are limited if said characters were to be taken on by me. Raiden's an exception, as I bought Metal Gear Rising, though I might consider scrapping the idea.

Speaking of scrapping ideas, I may consider scrapping any third party character ideas (ex: Neptune, Dio, etc), and keep my characters at just first party and realistic third party characters (SEGA, Capcom, etc).

cramazzratazz

Smash Apprentice
this deoxys project is very exciting stuff. all the power to the team with this venture

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Speaking of scrapping ideas, I may consider scrapping any third party character ideas (ex: Neptune, Dio, etc), and keep my characters at just first party and realistic third party characters (SEGA, Capcom, etc).
Good bye, Raptor, Tyrannosaurus Rex, Anime, and does Rocket Meowth count? He's Pokémon, but what legal properties cross over from anime to game? I'm thinking too deeply about this am I?

I love what you do so much. I'm most excited for your few Smash 4 backports, they'll probably be just a tad quicker than your other, beautifully ambitious projects.

Strange Matter

Smash Rookie
Curious what happened with the Wisp revamp you were working on. Would that be among the characters you're thinking about scrapping?

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Good bye, Raptor, Tyrannosaurus Rex, Anime, and does Rocket Meowth count? He's Pokémon, but what legal properties cross over from anime to game? I'm thinking too deeply about this am I?
No, Team Rocket's Meowth doesn't count. I'll still be making him.

I love what you do so much. I'm most excited for your few Smash 4 backports, they'll probably be just a tad quicker than your other, beautifully ambitious projects.
Thanks. I hope I can actually finish something this time around, as I really hate getting people's hopes up with exciting character ideas, then failing to deliver, due to my own procrastination. Which is one reason why I'm considering scrapping the unrealistic third party ideas, so I'll have less character ideas. Currently, I have 21 planned characters. If I were to eliminate the ridiculous third party characters, that would drop the character count to 11, 8 of which are Pokemon, lol. I could further reduce that to 9 characters (6 being Pokemon) by scrapping Swampert and Blaziken as well.

Curious what happened with the Wisp revamp you were working on. Would that be among the characters you're thinking about scrapping?
I don't want to scrap the Wisp revamp, as it's such a unique PSA. Though to make it fit in line with first party characters, I could change it into the Wisp enemy from the Kirby games, and base the moveset around that, making it a charge-based character (think Limit Break, except more dynamic).

NXero

Smash Apprentice
Maybe you can make a poll to see which characters get the boot? But yeah, I had no idea you were working on that many characters, only Deoxys, Sceptile, Meowth, Neptune and a couple of Smash4 back ports. Over 20 characters is unrealistic

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Maybe you can make a poll to see which characters get the boot? But yeah, I had no idea you were working on that many characters, only Deoxys, Sceptile, Meowth, Neptune and a couple of Smash4 back ports. Over 20 characters is unrealistic
I don't think a poll is needed, really. As I'm kinda already set on scrapping all those characters.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
are you going to post a list of characters who are getting the boot?
These are the character's I'll be scrapping.
-Xenomorph.
-Dio.
-T. rex.
-Raptor. I'm on the fence about this one, as this was the first custom character I put effort into, alongside being a BV-Classic.
-Raiden.
-Neptune.
-Predator.
-Armstrong.
-Jotaro.
-Misery. I'm on the fence about this one, as a friend of mine wanted me to finish this for him a while back.

jamershinobioneobi02

Smash Cadet
These are the character's I'll be scrapping.
-Xenomorph.
-Dio.
-T. rex.
-Raptor. I'm on the fence about this one, as this was the first custom character I put effort into, alongside being a BV-Classic.
-Raiden.
-Neptune.
-Predator.
-Armstrong.
-Jotaro.
-Misery. I'm on the fence about this one, as a friend of mine wanted me to finish this for him a while back.
Aww I like Neptune :(

Top Bottom