• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KingJigglypuff's Project M Throne Room! 09/08/2019: Fighting Alloy Team Pack Updated

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Not really a request (and not related to Ridley) but is there a chance you'd make Polygon Team alts for the Alloys? Sorry if that's already a thing, I'm not aware if it really is. Anyway I think it'd be cool.
I have no plans for Fighting Polygon alts at this time, but I could potentially consider it after release.

Russell_SSB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MrRussellgro
3DS FC
0662-7159-3567
Switch FC
SW-3345-3263-9133
Hey, KingJigglypuff KingJigglypuff , I left you a request of I character I need in my build of Project M I am working on in your Discord. Hope you can check it out! The character is Euden from the mobile game Dragalia Lost.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
You guys remember why I made this Fighting Alloy project, right? It was supposed to be an appetizer to hold off until the Ridley update was done, but over a year ended up going by. For a fully extensive document on the past, present, and future of the Ridley update, take a look at my most recent pastebin post.

For those who already read my post and/or just want to skip to the final preview, take a look at the updated Ridley renders by tryptech tryptech
Ridley.
Meta Ridley.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
For the Fighting Alloy Team pack, the Red Alloy's Dark color animation didn't reference the correct materials. This has since been fixed, and I request those who have downloaded the pack to re-download it.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
I know I said there wouldn't be another Classic Ridley preview until release, but BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros (second project leader) wanted me to make an up-to-date preview video, so here we are.

Additionally, BaganSmashBros himself also recorded some footage, so have that as a bonus. ;)

Zoa

Smash Ace
Can’t wait for this, KingJigglypuff. Also love the Pepe + username. I think it works well lol.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Good afternoon, everyone. It's finally time to release this major, expansive, and heavily anticipated update to Classic Ridley. It's been over a year and a half, so we hope all this time and effort has been worth it. I would have never been able to achieve this without the help of some very talented people, including the user who started it all: BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros Thank you, everyone, for being so patient with us. And have a happy New Year.

Download (Dropbox)

Pre-made PMEx build (MEGA)

Additionally, here's a blog post made by former PMDT Jedi SOJ SOJ , which highlights what makes Ridley unique in the world of modded Smash.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Finally, a side project that didn't take me an entire year to complete. What I did was give Mewtwo costume-specific tail trails. The download comes with three separate versions for maximum compatibility with Project M 3.6, Legacy TE, and Legacy XP.

Download

Mirror (DropBox)

Preview Images:

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
It's been a while, so I've wanted to get this announcement out of the way.

Yesterday, I had a meeting with the other members in my group (known as the Meme Machine Backroom on my Discord server). We discussed the characters we'll be cutting, as to be honest, I had way too many characters planned, and would never be able to complete them all in a realistic time manner, so I'll be going over which characters we've decided to cut and why.

Decidueye: We'd like to cut down on the amount of Pokemon we're working on. Also with Decidueye being a Gen 7 Pokemon, it would be out of place in Brawl, which only goes up to Gen 4.

Deoxys: Like Decidueye, I want to cut down on the amount of Pokemon we're working on. Mewtwo also takes the Legendary Psychic Pokemon role, giving Deoxys little reason to be made. On top of that, Brawl's limitations prevent me from implementing Deoxys the way I wanted to.

Eggman: This character was only in a conceptual phase, with the concept in question being criticized for not fitting in a Smash Bros. environment.

Galacta Knight: Kirby, Meta Knight, and King Dedede are all the Kirby series needs in regards to representation. Even then, my plans for Galacta Knight revolved around making him a Meta Knight semi-clone, which was unoriginal at best.

Mega Lucario: Mega Lucario was just going to be a Final Smash transformation for Lucario, but Lucario lacks the memory allocation to fit two of itself inside one character allocation.

Meowth: Smash Bros. never directly references the anime. The only recognizable Meowth is Team Rocket's Meowth, which would stick out like a sore thumb when it comes to the Pokemon cast. I also would want to pick a different Pokemon if I were to make another Kanto Pokemon.

Scizor: Pichu already exists as a Gen 2 rep. Even then, Scizor never had a plan to begin with, so we decided to cut it to reduce the Pokemon count.

Solo Charizard: The revamp to Solo Charizard was cut because nobody wants to put the time into overhauling a vBrawl character everyone is mostly content with.

Zoroark: Same reasoning as Decidueye, except replace Gen 7 with Gen 5.
Making such a massive amounts of cuts is always a hard choice, but it's not all doom and gloom, as in place of these cuts, I've picked up 3 new characters, one of which being Dark Samus (this was a project handed over to me to finish), with the other two being kept a secret.

Additionally, I'd like to announce my current project is Sceptile (another nail in Decidueye's coffin, due to both being Stage 3 Grass Type starters), but I cannot show anything yet, as Sceptile is not in a good enough state for previewing purposes. I'd also like to stress we need animators for current and future projects. If you're an animator and would like to help, please contact me with your most recent references of your work. It can be though either KC-MM, SmashBoards, Twitter (KingJigglypuff), or Discord (KingJigglypuff#8570).

Thank you for understanding and I can hope to continue to produce quality Brawl modding content.

Zoa

Smash Ace
Oh man, I'm so late for Ridley. Thanks for the work you guys put into em. I do have one question regarding Ridley. Is there a list of stats available for him? I'd like to know weight, dash speed, initial dash speed, etc.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Oh man, I'm so late for Ridley. Thanks for the work you guys put into em. I do have one question regarding Ridley. Is there a list of stats available for him? I'd like to know weight, dash speed, initial dash speed, etc.
I've been making a write-up for Ridley's Frame Data. For now, I can share my work in progress txt file. The only things this write-up lacks are Hitbox and Hurtbox data, but everything else should suit your needs

Attachments

Zoa

Smash Ace
I've been making a write-up for Ridley's Frame Data. For now, I can share my work in progress txt file. The only things this write-up lacks are Hitbox and Hurtbox data, but everything else should suit your needs
Much appreciated! I dig it a lot. I like how fast Ridley is with his max dash speed.

Mimimax

Smash Rookie
I disagree that the Kirby series doesn't need any more representation in Smash, but understand the desicion on cancelling Galacta Knight, giving how you planned him to be in the game. Anyway, keep up the good work!

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
A minor update has been made to Classic Ridley. It includes a handful of interaction fixes, alongside the inclusion of files for Legacy XP users.

Please re-download if you've downloaded before February 21st, 2019. However, I will hold off on updating the premade build for now, as there's several things I'd like to fix and add before I update it.

I disagree that the Kirby series doesn't need any more representation in Smash, but understand the desicion on cancelling Galacta Knight, giving how you planned him to be in the game. Anyway, keep up the good work!
Upon some self-reflection on my reasoning, I also partially disagree with my statement. As any Kirby material post Sakurai involvement is rather scarce in Smash.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
For those whom are using the pre-made Ridley build, I've made numerous updates to it, which include bug fixes, added features, and new characters. So please re-download if it you've downloaded before March 6th, 2019.

Download Link (MEGA)

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
I've got an update. For those out of the loop, I've been working on a Dark Samus moveset as a side project while we develop Sceptile (the Dark Samus project was passed onto me from SodaBoy). Up until recently, I was asked to keep development progress behind closed doors, but I was recently allowed to be more open, so I'm here to show you a (somewhat outdated) preview video (recorded by BaganSmashBros) alongside an animation overhaul being done since this preview (also done by BaganSmashBros).

Video Preview:

Up Smash Animation Overhaul: https://gfycat.com/beneficialunsteadygoshawk

Side Smash Animation Overhaul: https://streamable.com/ep86a

Last edited:

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Last edited:

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Over a month has passed since Dark Samus previews were last posted, so now it's time to break the silence. Since the last previews were focused on Smash Attacks, this month's previews will be focused on Tilts. Bagan's been putting in some work, so please enjoy what we have to show today.
Jab 1 + Jab 2: https://gfycat.com/bountifulmeaslycicada
Dash, Run, and Dash Attack: https://gfycat.com/LargeLoneEyas
Side Tilt: https://gfycat.com/EssentialMajorGull
Up Tilt: https://gfycat.com/DisgustingImpartialImperatorangel
Down Tilt: https://gfycat.com/FloweryDigitalLeafhopper
Down Smash (forgot to post this last time): https://streamable.com/5cgmx

Dark Samus looks amazing, i'll look forward for updates!
Ask, and you shall receive (over two months later, lol).

Last edited:

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
I had this Dark Samus gameplay recorded a few days ago. I'm not entirely satisfied with the gameplay shown here, but it'll do for now.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
I had this Dark Samus gameplay recorded a few days ago. I'm not entirely satisfied with the gameplay shown here, but it'll do for now.
So far this is looking really great, i love all the special attacks, forward throw and the savage and brutal way she moves and attack, i'm really excited for it, and i have some suggestions:

- It would be better if she floated closer to the ground like Mewtwo or herself in SSBU because she maybe an easy target to more attacks and projectiles if she'ss too high.
- Fair involves her making an explosion with the cannon, right? i think it needs recoil on the animation to make it look more believable.
- Back air looks kinda awkward

And this is more wishful thinking but it would be so cool if she had an attack that involves making a Dark Echo (when she clones herself) and sending it forwards to attack, similar to Zelda's Phantom Guardian, and also to stylize further a pummel that imbues the opponent with phazon like Zelda does with magic or Mewtwo with electricity.

Also, will this mod be compatible with the Smash Ultimate Dark Samus model that's in the vault?

Last edited:

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
- It would be better if she floated closer to the ground like Mewtwo or herself in SSBU because she maybe an easy target to more attacks and projectiles if she'ss too high.
I don't see this as much of an issue. Though if it turns out her running does indeed make her harder to hit, then we could consider lowering her stance a bit.

- Fair involves her making an explosion with the cannon, right? i think it needs recoil on the animation to make it look more believable.
- Back air looks kinda awkward
As I mentioned in the description of the video, the animation overhaul isn't finished yet (a majority of Bagan's time is dedicated to school), so there's an inconsistency between the animation styles shown here. In regards to the animation overhaul, the following have been completed:
Code:
-Idle
-Dash
-Run
-Crouch
-Crouch Idle
-Crouch Getup
-Jab 1
-Jab 2
-Dash Attack
-Side Tilt (Bagan isn't entirely satisfied with this animation, so we'll be coming back and further improving this animation at a later time.
-Up Tilt
-Down Tilt
-Side Smash
-Up Smash
-Down Smash
March and April's previews were Smash Attacks and Bagan's recording and May's preview was Tilts and my recording. Though our goal for the animation overhaul now are indeed Aerials, so expect to see an improved Forward and Back Air sometime in the future (I hope I'll be able to show another preview compilation in June or July).

And this is more wishful thinking but it would be so cool if she had an attack that involves making a Dark Echo (when she clones herself) and sending it forwards to attack, similar to Zelda's Phantom Guardian.
Dark Samus' moveset and playstyle are already "finalized", so I'm afraid such a feature wouldn't be implemented into the core moveset outside of taunts and/or victories. Even then, Brawl is too limited to support such a thing (the dark echo would in theory, be implemented via an Article) at this time.

And also to stylize further a pummel that imbues the opponent with phazon like Zelda does with magic or Mewtwo with electricity.
Now this is something we can potentially consider.

Also, will this mod be compatible with the Smash Ultimate Dark Samus model that's in the vault?
I believe that rendition utilizes bone editing, so unless someone properly brings over a one-slot Ultimate Dark Samus, then it likely won't be compatible.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Thanks for the response, i just saw the embedded video but it's good to know about the animation overhaul, considering Bagan is working on it i can imagine it will only look better.

I believe that rendition utilizes bone editing, so unless someone properly brings over a one-slot Ultimate Dark Samus, then it likely won't be compatible.
I think i found one with unedited bones, if the user gives permission maybe it could be looked into using this one because it's a better model.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
I teased this over a year ago, but I finally overcame the hurdle which was holding this release back. What is this I'm referring to? It's a mod which changes Bowser's fire effects from red to blue if using the Dry Bowser alternate costume in Project M. This mod has compatibility with Project M and Legacy TE.

Download: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=217753

Direct Dropbox (if KC-MM goes down): https://www.dropbox.com/s/qxtm2pv8nm1mjs2/Dry Bowser Alt Costume Effects.zip?dl=0

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
(Gonna bump this thread with an early July update for Dark Samus.)

It's a new month, which means new Dark Samus previews. Over the past month, I've been updating the graphic effects of some of her moves.

However, unless we're able to get new animations made, don't expect anymore previews from here on out.

Side Special: https://gfycat.com/enlightenedunfoldedbarnacle

Down Special (Landing): https://gfycat.com/wideeyedancientaracari

Down Special (Bounce): https://gfycat.com/preciousbetterkrill

Down Smash (huge thanks to DukeItOut): https://gfycat.com/plaintiveshadyalleycat

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
It's that time again. Time for another update, but this time, it's not about any of my projects, but rather my Youtube.

If any of you were wondering why my content has suddenly gone private, it's because I have decided to private my videos in protest of COPPA. For those out of the loop, COPPA was a law passed by the FTC back in (I think) 1998, with the law getting renewed every 10 years. It was expected to get renewed on 2023, but were pressured by child advocacy groups to renew it earlier.

COPPA's guidelines force content creators are to mark their videos based on whether or not their content is targeted towards children. And if they mark something incorrectly, they can be fined $42,000 per incorrectly marked video. Even one of these fines are enough to bankrupt most people. The guidelines regarding what's considered child-targeted content are very vague and don't allow for nuance (Example: Animations intended for adults).

If you're in the United States, I strongly recommend submitting a (civil) comment to the FTC regarding COPPA's strict and vague guidelines. https://www.regulations.gov/comment?D=FTC-2019-0054-0001
The deadline to submit feedback is December 10th with the regulations coming into effect in January 2020.

If you decide to keep your content on Youtube, please do so with extreme caution, lest you be heavily fined.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
For those who are out of the loop, I've been teasing a side project with vague hints on my Twitter. It's time that I finally reveal what this side project is. Here's what I have to show...

'It's just Charizard.', you say to yourself... Just be patient, and all will be revealed.

Behold! The number zero!

Deal some damage, and the number increases!

Que Pikachu punching bag montage.

This number will increase based on the amount of direct damage (I.E. Non-projectile damage) you deal, with its cap being 150 damage dealt during a single stock.

And it will reset if you get KO'd, so be careful.

To initiate this number check, activate your shield, and press B at anytime while shielded (basically L/R + B).

So what happens when this number reaches 150? An aesthetic indicator will activate, which will allow you to...

Press A during Neutral Special's startup (basically A + B)...

To turn into an egg...

And presto! Mega Evolution has been achieved! You can pick and choose which of the two Mega forms to use by holding A for Mega X or B for Mega Y. Though if a button isn't held, it will instead randomize an option for you. Your Mega Evolution will also go away if you are KO'd, requiring you to deal 150 damage again to get it back.

So now let's go over what Mega Evolution has to offer, starting with Mega X. When compared to its default counterpart, Mega X sports higher falling speed (10% increase), higher gravity (10% increase), and higher ground jumps (10% increase) in addition to all direct (non-projectile) attacks receiving a 1.15* damage bonus. All fire attacks have also been changed to deal aura damage alongside all red effects being changed to blue.

In addition to the changes I listed, Neutral Special changes from Flamethrower to Thunder Punch (taken from P+). A horizontal rush on the ground and a dive punch in the air.

Side Special also changes from Heat Wave to Flare Blitz. A powerful move with recoil damage. While it's mostly a port of its Smash 4/Ultimate counterpart, this move has one key difference, being that the move ends in Fall rather than Tumble when ending in the air or making contact with an enemy/wall.

Now let's head on over to Mega Y. When compared to its default counterpart, Mega Y sports lower falling speed (10% decrease), lower gravity (10% decrease), lower ground jumps (10% decrease), higher air speed (10% increase), higher air mobility (10% increase), and one additional air jump in addition to all direct (non-projectile) attacks receiving a 1.1* damage bonus. All fire-based attacks also have an increased base damage (before the 1.1* multiplier, knockback compensated).

I bet you're wondering what that lingering flame in its mouth is for? Well that's because Neutral Special changes to Fire Blast (this is the only Special which changes when using the Mega Y form), a powerful piercing projectile which initiates a 10 cooldown when used (the flame will re-ignite once the cooldown time passes, but it will not decrease when using Neutral Special). Though when on cooldown, Neutral Special changes to Smokescreen, a powerful gust of smoke which blows back foes and can potentially gimp a recovery with proper prediction.

For some added flair, if you win a match when Mega Evolved, your chosen Mega form will show up on the Results Screen, but will revert to the default form if you lost or quit the match.

For those who remember, yes, this is the fabled revamp to Solo Charizard which was thought to have been canceled. This revamp aims to be smaller in scope and more balanced than its original counterpart (though I'm aware some aspects of this mod can and will be considered too strong and/or unfair depending on one's perspective), but is overall a more casual-oriented mod, as I'm well aware how much of a huge buff adding such a mechanic would be, especially on a powerful mid-tier like Charizard.

In terms of release, I want to wait until I finish the Mega Evolution GFX before I release, as what I have now lacks a few iconic effects (such as the rainbow ribbon). For now, this revamped mod will be for Project M only, but might have P+, Brawl, and Brawl Minus versions if there's enough demand.

Szion

Smash Journeyman
Bro this is beyond heat WHAT???

honestly if you worry about balance, you can let the attributes stay the same and just change the moves, that could be easier to balance, since heavier jump gravity might be like oh ok so these shffl timings hit different im finna pop the draco on em with this fair fair fair into blitz, like atrributes change an entire playstyle so quickly. sheik with a short hop that was actually short would be a completely different video game.
deadass i think its cool but having the attributes not change is a quick ez way to make it so u can have each zard not be straightup better than the og

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Bro this is beyond heat WHAT???

honestly if you worry about balance, you can let the attributes stay the same and just change the moves, that could be easier to balance, since heavier jump gravity might be like oh ok so these shffl timings hit different im finna pop the draco on em with this fair fair fair into blitz, like atrributes change an entire playstyle so quickly. sheik with a short hop that was actually short would be a completely different video game.
deadass i think its cool but having the attributes not change is a quick ez way to make it so u can have each zard not be straightup better than the og
Thank you for your input. I'll consider sharing my current progress on my Discord server for feedback.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
With some further understandings regarding COPPA, I feel confident with making my videos public again, but if something happens, I'll make my videos private again.

From this choice I've made, I have decided to upload my previous Mega Evolving Charizard preview video to my Youtube.

Is there a way to make it so the portrait and stock change too? Nice mod btw
That's unfortunately not possible at the current time.

ThoseUpAirsThough

Smash Apprentice
Brawl version when?
Brawl version when?
Brawl version when?
Brawl version when?
Brawl version when?
Brawl version when?
Brawl version when?
Brawl version when?
Brawl version when?
Brawl version when?
Brawl version when?
Brawl version when?
Brawl version when?
Brawl version when?
Brawl version when?
Brawl version when?
Brawl version when?
Brawl version when?
Brawl version when?
Brawl version when?
Brawl version when?
Brawl version when?
Brawl version when?
Brawl version when?
Brawl version when?
Brawl version when?
Brawl version when?

Though seriously, amazing work on this Charizard PSA! Can't wait for release!

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
I have some rather unfortunate news for those looking forward to my Mega Evolving Charizard side project. Said project has to be canceled due to file size limitations. I'm sorry to have teased this project without further testing things...

Though seriously, amazing work on this Charizard PSA! Can't wait for release!
I'm sorry to say, but this project has been canceled...

ThoseUpAirsThough

Smash Apprentice
****, I really was waiting for that. At least preserve the current files in case it can ever be done in the future.

Top Bottom