• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KingJigglypuff's Project M Throne Room! 09/08/2019: Fighting Alloy Team Pack Updated

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace

Select your character:

Waluigi and Ridley are not my projects [Waluigi is lead by Marioking64DS, and Ridley is lead by BaganSmashBros (though my involvement with this specific Ridley is an overhaul of his original PSA] , but I've done enough work to warrant giving them a space in my thread.

Who's next?

Currently Working On (Not in order):
Waluigi (collaboration with Marioking64DS).
King K. Rool (collaboration with Marioking64DS).
Classic Ridley Overhaul v2 (collaboration with BaganSmashBros.)

Planned Characters:
Decidueye.
Deoxys.
Sceptile.
Team Rocket's Meowth.
Zoroark.
Scizor.
Galacta Knight.
Plasma Wisp.
Solo Charizard Revamp.

Additional Links:
Youtube.
Twitter.
KC-MM Thread (Brawl Dedicated).
Discord Server.

Last edited:

redxslash

Smash Cadet
Awesome PSA's, I'm glad someones making them for characters that need it. That solo charizard is great, but I wish it was a little bit more balanced to fit project m standards. Seems a bit overpowered.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Would you mind elaborating? I need more information on what you find to be overpowered, so I can properly balance it effectively.

redxslash

Smash Cadet
Would you mind elaborating? I need more information on what you find to be overpowered, so I can properly balance it effectively.
Based upon the showcase video:
- it looks like he can transform into his mega evolution at anytime. Not sure if this is true, but that would be considered overpowered. He should only be able to transform during final smash and for a given amount of time only.
- The forward B move at 0:06 in the video deals 16% damage. It is a very cheap move and is often abused in smash 4. I personally think it should deal a little less damage like 10 - 13%
- His final smash specials deal too much damage, especially the one in charizards Y mega evolution. That one is practically an instant kill even if your at full life

Those are just my opinions, but everything else seems perfectly balanced. Great work.

Last edited:

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Based upon the showcase video:
- it looks like he can transform into his mega evolution at anytime. Not sure if this is true, but that would be considered overpowered. He should only be able to transform during final smash and for a given amount of time only.
Charizard can only Mega Evolve after dealing enough hits. And once that requirement is met. you'll be notified via GFX + SFX
notification. After that, you would press B + A to activate Mega Evolution (unless you have the B version, in that case, you would just press B). During the Mega Evolution action, hold A for Mega X, hold B for Mega Y, or do nothing for it to randomize between the two. The Mega Evolution will last until you die. If you die, you'll need to rack up the hits again. If you have the requirement met, but are KO'd before you can Mega Evolve, then you'll need to rack up the hits once again as well.

- The forward B move at 0:06 in the video deals 16% damage. It is a very cheap move and is often abused in smash 4. I personally think it should deal a little less damage like 10 - 13%
Unlike Smash 4, if used in the air, it cannot be used again and eats up all your jumps until you land. The move also weakens quickly as it travels.

- His final smash specials deal too much damage, especially the one in charizards Y mega evolution. That one is practically an instant kill even if your at full life.
Link's Final Smash is almost a OHKO, but I could try toning down the damage output and knockback.

redxslash

Smash Cadet
I think the hits thing is pretty cool, but you seemed to pull it off pretty quick in the video. If it were up to me, I would make him ready to transform once charizard reaches 100% damage or roughly around there. I assume that the mega evolution makes charizard more stronger? If so, I wouldn't make it last until he dies, it would be a bit overpowered.

Nice job getting the forward B move to be less cheap since its often a very abused move.

Yea, I think toning down the damage output and knockback for the final smash would be best. Just make it like links final smash then, since it's not a full one hit ko, but its very close to, I think that's what your aiming for.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
I only faced off against a Level 1 Computer to make the moveset look good. It takes about 16 or so hits in order to activate the Mega Evolution notification.

UltimateHylian

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yorch2296
3DS FC
1650-2285-2395
Does Solo Charizard work over PM Charizard if I rename the Link files (except for the Dark and Spy files)? :v If so, I suppose I don't need the .rel file and the codes, right?

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Even if adding Articles was possible, Solo Charizard could never be moved over onto Charizard. Solo Charizard was over Charizard in the beta stages, but I had to move Solo Charizard over onto Link due to file size.

UltimateHylian

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yorch2296
3DS FC
1650-2285-2395
Even if adding Articles was possible, Solo Charizard could never be moved over onto Charizard. Solo Charizard was over Charizard in the beta stages, but I had to move Solo Charizard over onto Link due to file size.
Particles and file size are always limitations, aren't they? :'v Awesome Charizard though. I might try it just for fun and then switch back to Link.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Here's a preview of an upcoming character. Model and Texture work done by StarWaffle.

I wished BrawlEx worked with PM so much. I NEED THAT CHARIZARD :c
I believe there's a few people that are trying to unofficially get BrawlEx working in Project M.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Noodle arms. Yee.

The rig is the X/Y rig with a few bone edits to make it work more like a Brawl skeleton (I still have to fix a couple things). The animation is very basic, as I wanted to test a wave-like motion with the arms/tentacles.

As for my other projects, BaganSmashBros is helping me with Raptor (I'll have to ask him about Xenomorph as well), and I believe (I don't want to make assumptions) StarWaffle is still working on the Sceptile models.

Who will Septile be over?
Sceptile will use Toon Link as a base.

The Dark Knight1965

Smash Journeyman
Noodle arms. Yee.

The rig is the X/Y rig with a few bone edits to make it work more like a Brawl skeleton (I still have to fix a couple things). The animation is very basic, as I wanted to test a wave-like motion with the arms/tentacles.

As for my other projects, BaganSmashBros is helping me with Raptor (I'll have to ask him about Xenomorph as well), and I believe (I don't want to make assumptions) StarWaffle is still working on the Sceptile models.

Sceptile will use Toon Link as a base.
Is Toon Link compatible with Brawl EX?

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Yes, because if he wasn't, then I wouldn't have used Toon Link as a base. I would have used Link instead.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
I feel I should update this thread with the Xenomoprh previews I showed on KCMM. Just to keep this thread from dying out. I:

Take note that Xenomorph is in very early developmental stages and will likely not have a proper preview for quite some time.

Xenomorph Size Preview (compared to Ganondorf, Samus, and Bowser)

CSP Pose

Shader and Material preview (with an outdated Wait1)

Wait1

Wait2 (Still needs a bit of work)

Attack11 (I may need to do more work on this)

Custom Trophy

Red Recolor (based off of the Red Xenomorph in the Dark Horse comics)

Green Recolor (standard green recolor)

Blue Recolor (standard blue recolor)

Purple Recolor (based off of Ridley)

Orange Recolor (I'm going to make this darker to resemble the Runner Xenomorph from Alien 3)

Gold Recolor (I may make this a bit brighter)

White Recolor (standard white recolor)

Magenta/Hot Pink Recolor (I may just remove this one entirely, as it doesn't look that great)

If any of you notice this, feel free to give your thoughts.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Why not use this guy for green recolor:

With yellow...ish crest and claws. Its not pure green, but it works too.

Last edited:

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
How does this look? (My recoloring skills aren't the best, really. Hence why I left the recolors as basic.)

Draco_The

Smash Lord
For the Wait2 I think it would be better if you made the start (before opening the mouth) a little bit faster and then "stop" a bit on the open mouth part (smoke would come out from his mouth similar to Bowser's Wait2 but without any sound) while shaking a bit the upper body, and then quickly go into the Wait1 frame.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
For the Wait2 I think it would be better if you made the start (before opening the mouth) a little bit faster and then "stop" a bit on the open mouth part (smoke would come out from his mouth similar to Bowser's Wait2 but without any sound) while shaking a bit the upper body, and then quickly go into the Wait1 frame.
If you're talking about Xenomorph, i wouldn't say making smoke come out of his mouth is a good idea. Bowser is a fire-breathing turtle thing, so, it makes sense, but they certainly can't produce any smoke like that. And they don't breath, so, how can that happen anyway?

Last edited:

Draco_The

Smash Lord
If you're talking about Xenomorph, i wouldn't say making smoke come out of his mouth is a good idea. Bowser is a fire-breathing turtle thing, so, it makes sense, but they certainly can't produce any smoke like that. And they don't breath, so, how can that happen anyway?
Maybe use some water effects to make it seem like he's salivating or something then.

With the smoke I didn't mean big effects or anything like that. Just something small that could make the Wait2 feel less "empty", but I guess that since they don't breath (I certainly didn't know that) it doesn't make much sense.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Maybe use some water effects to make it seem like he's salivating or something then.

With the smoke I didn't mean big effects or anything like that. Just something small that could make the Wait2 feel less "empty", but I guess that since they don't breath (I certainly didn't know that) it doesn't make much sense.
Or edit Charizard's Flamethrower fire-saliva-thing GFX.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Hey KingJigglypuff: I kept up with the Waluigi PSA when MarioKing64DS was still pretty active on KCMM, and I know development went a lot more slowly after some difficulties. Is Waluigi still being worked on actively, though? That was an awesome project that was so far along; it'd be a shame for it to never see the light of day.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Marioking64DS has a job, so he's very busy. That's why Waluigi has been utterly silent.

We're hoping we can show new stuff for Waluigi soon, but I can't make any promises.

Top Bottom