• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King of the Monsters - Godzilla Support Thread

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Welcome to the Godzilla support thread.
Goji.png

"With a purposeful grimace and a terrible sound, he pulls the spitting high tension wires down."
Who is he?
Godzilla himself is probably one of the most famous movie characters and pretty much recognizable. First appearing way back in the 1954 movie, he was awoken by nuclear radiation from the nuclear bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki and the Lucky Dragon 5 incident still fresh in the Japanese consciousness, Godzilla was conceived as a metaphor for nuclear weapons. In his first movie, he rampaged through Tokyo killing thousands and causing destruction before being stopped by the Oxygen Destroyer.

After the movie was a success, the Godzilla series got a second movie as well another where he fought none other than Kong himself. The series got many movies, games, toys, comics and even anime over the years. The Godzilla series went from a movie into an entire franchise.
(And went dormant after Final Wars and returned in 2014 for a new reboot)

Big G may have fought many monsters... but he would do great on the battlefield against new opponents he has never seen before.

"Helpless people on a subway train scream bug-eyed as he looks in on them."

Moveset Potential
Hoo boy... He has a lot to work with. A LOT.

Those being:
atom.jpg

His infamous atomic breath!
(There's a stronger version of that from the IDW comics)

tail slide.jpg

The tail slide from Godzilla vs Megalon

breath.jpg

Flying around with his Atomic Breath from Godzilla vs Hedorah

red heat.png

Spiral Heat Ray
(Could work by charging up his Atomic Breath to full power?)

burn.jpg

And his burning form which first appears in Godzilla vs Destoroyah.
(And reappears in King of the Monsters seen here)

His normal attacks would be biting, claw swipes, tail attacks and headbutt.

"He picks up a bus and he throws it back down as he wades through the buildings toward the center of town."

Ideas for Stages
Tokyo
(The one from the first movie or either modern day)
Monster Island
(You would see some of the Toho kaiju)
San Francisco
(The two M.U.T.Os themselves would attack the fighters)
Hollow Earth
(Creatures down there like the Warbats as stage hazards)
Hong Kong
(Mechagodzilla as a stage hazard or boss fight)

Why him?
He's one of the most iconic characters and would be pretty cool to see him fight Superman or Shaggy which is kind of funny. I think he would obviously be a Tank character.

And I forget the alt costumes, he could have his past incarnations.

Last edited:

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
Sign me up to support the big G. I basically grew up on Godzilla movies so seeing him would be amazing. He also has a ton of costume potential with the different designs over the years, it would be fun to play as either Godzilla '54 or Shin Godzilla. It would be cool if they could even put in skins like Space Godzilla too.

Last edited:

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
I'd be game for having Godzilla in MultiVersus. In fact, knowing the MonsterVerse was co-made by Warner Bros is half the reason I want him in!
There's also a fact that Warner Bros. localized and distributed Godzilla Raids Again for American theaters under the name: "Gigantis, the Fire Monster", many decades before the 2014 film and MonsterVerse were made up. It also means that they've got a connection with Toho themselves for a very long time.

So yeah, all hail our support for King of the Monsters! And that means, I'm joining the worshipping cult.

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Sign me up. I've been a Godzilla fanboy for over a decade now ever since I watched Cinemassacre's Godzillathon. I own all the films on Blu-Ray (Except for Biollante, dam you Toho rerelease it already) and have watched every one of them multiple times, I've played many of the games, I own some comics and have a bunch of Godzilla related posters hanging up on my bedroom wall. It's my favorite film series and the original Godzilla is my top favorite movie.

I have mixed feelings about shrinking him down so much but I've become more accepting of the idea over time.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Sign me up. I've been a Godzilla fanboy for over a decade now ever since I watched Cinemassacre's Godzillathon. I own all the films on Blu-Ray (Except for Biollante, dam you Toho rerelease it already) and have watched every one of them multiple times, I've played many of the games, I own some comics and have a bunch of Godzilla related posters hanging up on my bedroom wall. It's my favorite film series and the original Godzilla is my top favorite movie.

I have mixed feelings about shrinking him down so much but I've become more accepting of the idea over time.
Want me to add you to the support list?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'd love Big G but he'd be too big for Multiversus. Unlike Ridley, he defines "Too big". Most I see is a stage with him as a potential hazard. Maybe even a boss.

Regardless here's my support.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So apparently Godzilla does have some datamine in the game but from what I was told it isn't as much indicating he's being planned to some degree.

Leads me to believe he'll be a boss or stage hazard.

And I'm honestly fine with that if that's the case. He'd be awkward being shrunk down tbh. He's not like Ridley.

Regardless if he somehow ends up playable. I'm happy either way so win-win just as long as Big G gets some form of representation.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So apparently Godzilla does have some datamine in the game but from what I was told it isn't as much indicating he's being planned to some degree.

Leads me to believe he'll be a boss or stage hazard.

And I'm honestly fine with that if that's the case. He'd be awkward being shrunk down tbh. He's not like Ridley.

Regardless if he somehow ends up playable. I'm happy either way so win-win just as long as Big G gets some form of representation.
I mean, to be entirely fair, if Iron Giant can make it in, so can Godzilla. Normally, IG is big enough where you'd be the size of his pinky finger. Here, he's double the height of Superman. Godzilla shouldn't be too bad.

Top Bottom