• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King of the ground Scorbunny for smash

Do you support?

• Total voters

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
So, if I'm not mistaken, TPC are possibly banking on the chance that Sakurai picks him simply because :ultincineroar: was successful.

I can't help but feel like that plan would backfire if the final evo ends up being practically 1:1 to Incineroar in terms of fighting skill and abilities, so they better give him enough for him to stand out so that he's at least semi-unique.

That'd be cool, although I'm not sure if the bunny will get picked and the thread ends up being flavor of the month.
However, Scorbunny is getting preferential treatment. It's front and center on the anime poster while Grookey and Sobble are kicked to the background. This makes me think that Scorbunny will be the heavily promoted starter of the gen.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
So, if I'm not mistaken, TPC are possibly banking on the chance that Sakurai picks him simply because :ultincineroar: was successful.

I can't help but feel like that plan would backfire if the final evo ends up being practically 1:1 to Incineroar in terms of fighting skill and abilities, so they better give him enough for him to stand out so that he's at least semi-unique.

That'd be cool, although I'm not sure if the bunny will get picked and the thread ends up being flavor of the month.
There might also be a chance that Scorbunny takes the role Piplup/Oshawott/Chespin/Rowlet had.

...And there might also be a chance Sakurai wants something noticeably different from Incineroar, seeing how it's not as successful as Greninja, or just to do so.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
remember if goh has scorbunny then that probably means ash will get grookey and sobble

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
There's a few paths that can be taken

1. Go evolves Scorbunny and the two of them have an arc.
2. Scorbunny has an episode where it refuses to evolve, they get it an everstone. (getting tired of that plot) Meanwhile Ash gets and evolves another starter to it's final stage.
3. Scorbunny only evolves once and a rival runs Scorbunny's final stage.

Question is, what does that means for Smash for each of them?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
There's a few paths that can be taken

1. Go evolves Scorbunny and the two of them have an arc.
2. Scorbunny has an episode where it refuses to evolve, they get it an everstone. (getting tired of that plot) Meanwhile Ash gets and evolves another starter to it's final stage.
3. Scorbunny only evolves once and a rival runs Scorbunny's final stage.

Question is, what does that means for Smash for each of them?
possibly nothing, sakurai seems to have wung it with the last couple pokemon

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
possibly nothing, sakurai seems to have wung it with the last couple pokemon
True, but this is the DLC phase. I think "definitely is popular" would take priority over "might be popular".

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Now that it seems to be okay to talk about the starters' final evolutions, I don't see Cinderace having any more moveset potential over Scorbunny. While other stages that weren't chosen would have problems like Charmander's lack of wings, Bulbasaur's inability to do leaf slashes and Litten actually doing cat things, what problem would picking Scorbunny over Cinderace have?

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Cinderace has two signatures moves—Pyro Ball and Court Change.

Pyro Ball I could see being a chargeable neutral special that shoots out a quick and powerful projectile.

Court Change I could see being a reflect/counter down special that not only reflects projectiles and counters attacks, but switches the position of Cinderace and the enemy.

Other than that, the two other specials I have in mind for Cinderace—Bounce and Flame Charge—are moves that Scorbunny already has access to.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Cinderace has two signatures moves—Pyro Ball and Court Change.

Pyro Ball I could see being a chargeable neutral special that shoots out a quick and powerful projectile.

Court Change I could see being a reflect/counter down special that not only reflects projectiles and counters attacks, but switches the position of Cinderace and the enemy.

Other than that, the two other specials I have in mind for Cinderace—Bounce and Flame Charge—are moves that Scorbunny already has access to.
While they may not be in Scorbunny's movepool, they are soccer-themed, which is there from the beginning with this line, unlike Charizard's wings. That's why I think the only thing Cinderace could do that Scorbunny can't is have more startup frames and furry art.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Bit late, but I support the entire Scorbunny line! I made a moveset, Challenger Pack and Classic Mode for Scorbunny specifically:

Intro: Scorbunny pops out of a Premier Ball.
Stance/Idle 1: Its idle animation from Sword and Shield.
Idle 2: Scorbunny wipes its nose.
Idle 3: Scorbunny briefly looks up to the sky while hopping.

Notable Palette Swaps:
-Scorbunny (default)
-Shiny Scorbunny (yellow)
-Bunnelby (gray)
-Buneary (brown)
-Grookey (green)
-Sobble (blue)
-Zacian (light blue)
-Zamazenta (red)

Walk: Scorbunny lightly hops along the ground.
Dash: Scorbunny dashes very quickly.
Damage: Scorbunny covers its nose.
Jump: Scorbunny jumps high up with both feet, and jumps slightly less high on the second jump.
Crouch: Scorbunny squats as if to block a goal.

Weapon of Choice: Scorbunny, despite its small size, mainly fends for itself with kicks.

Normal Attacks
Jab: Double Kick; Scorbunny kicks twice with each foot (6%, small knockback)
Forward+A: Headbutt; Scorbunny softly headbutts the target (5%, small knockback)
Down+A: Low Kick; Scorbunny does a slight slide kick (6%, small knockback)
Up+A: Swift; Scorbunny attacks with its ears, shielded by stars (7%, small knockback)

Aerial Attacks
Air+A: Heat Wave; Scorbunny spins around as fire swirls around it (9%, OK knockback)
Air Forward+A: Blaze Kick; Scorbunny kicks downward with fire around its foot (11%, OK knockback)
Air Back + A: Acrobatics; Scorbunny flips backward and kicks the target four time (12%, OK knockback)
Air Up+A: U-Turn; Scorbunny does a backflip kick above itself (10%, OK knockback)
Air Down+A: Mega Kick; Scorbunny does a powerful, two-foot kick straight downwards (14% with a meteor effect, OK knockback)

Dash Attack: Overheat; Scorbunny flicks its feet on the ground (9%, OK knockback), which leaves tiny trails of fire along it (1%, continual damage)
Edge Attack: Tackle; Scorbunny headbutts the target as it hops back up (6%, OK knockback)
Get-Up Attack: Work Up; Scorbunny hops up and a small ring of fire bursts around it (7%, small knockback)

Smash Attacks
Forward+A: Ember; Scorbunny prepares a sneeze, and sneezes out a big ember (17%, OK knockback)
Up+A: Iron Head; Scorbunny hops up and performs a strong headbutt that grants a split second of invincibility (18%, OK knockback)
Down+A: Low Sweep; Scorbunny sweeps the floor in a 360 with both its feet (16%, OK knockback)

Grab Game
Grab: Scorbunny glomps the target.
Pummel: Scorbunny nibbles the target (1%)
Forwards+Throw: Scorbunny kicks the opponent forward (8%, OK knockback)
Down+Throw: Body Slam; Scorbunny jumps up and slams downward onto the target (12%, OK knockback)
Back+Throw: Reversal; Scorbunny leaps over the opponent and kicks them behind itself before hopping back onto the ground (11%, OK knockback)
Up+Throw: Super Fang; Scorbunny clenches the target with its teeth and spits them upwards (11%, OK knockback)

Special Moves
B : Pyro Ball
; Scorbunny kicks up a rock and shoots it like a soccer ball. Pressing B once has Scorbunny kick it up twice and shoot it a moderate distance (11%, OK knockback). Holding B has Scorbunny kick it up four times and shoot it a long distance (19%, medium knockback)
B + Forwards : Assurance; Scorbunny leaps forward to tackle the target, and kicks them straight forward like a soccer ball (15%, OK knockback). It can also be used to save allies.
B + Up : Hi Jump Kick; Scorbunny leaps extremely high with a leaping kick (7%, small knockback), and does a flaming downward kick (16%, medium knockback). It hurts its head (4% recoil) and enters free fall should it hit a ceiling.
B + Down : Bounce; Scorbunny leaps down to form a fireball around itself. Three leaps forms a small fireball (3% per hit, small knockback); two after forms a medium fireball (6% per hit, small knockback); and one more after forms a large fireball (9%, OK knockback). The height of Scorbunny's bounce also changes with each consecutive leap.

Final Smash: Dynamax; Scorbunny grows to a humungous size and wreaks havoc. You can walk left or right with the control stick, jump with the hump buttons to stomp and bury enemies (12%), and kick embers into them with the attack buttons (20%, medium knockback)

Gimmick: N/A

Taunts
1: Scorbunny looks down and tilts its head left and right, with its ears folded.
2: Scorbunny mischievously snickers.
1+2: Scorbunny tries to make an angry face, but ends up looking like it’s pouting.

Winposes
1: Scorbunny runs around constantly, leaving celebratory trails of fire.
2: Scorbunny hops down and puts its hands on its hips.
3: Scorbunny constantly hops up and down with joy,

Applause: Scorbunny makes a pouty face.

Icon: Pokémon series icon

Boxing Ring Title: The Fired-Up Rabbit

Star K.O.: “Baannniiii….!”

Victory Music: https://youtu.be/m9_ozzyG3uo

Kirby Hat: Scorbunny’s ears
Stage: Wild Area

Music:
  1. Main Theme - Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield
  2. Battle! Hop
  3. Slumbering Weald
  4. Wild Area
  5. Battle! Max Raid
  6. Motostoke
  7. Battle! Bede
  8. Battle! Gym Leader
  9. Battle! Marnie
  10. Route 6
  11. Route 10 (Approaching Wyndon)
  12. Wyndon
  13. Battle! Eternatus (Phase 3)
  14. Battle! Champion Leon
  15. Battle! Battle Tower
  16. Battle! Zacian / Zamazenta
  17. Battle! Klara / Avery
  18. Final Battle! Mustard
Spirits:
  1. Scorbunny (Fighter)
  2. Grookey (:ultdiddy:, :starman:)
  3. Raboot (Scorbunny, :starman::starman:) -> Cinderace (:starman::starman::starman:)
  4. Sobble (:ultsquirtle:, :starman:)
  5. Wooloo (:ultjigglypuff:, :starman:)
  6. Corviknight (:ultridley:, :starman::starman:)
  7. Morpeko (:ultpikachu:, :starman:)
  8. Drednaw (:ultwario:, :starman::starman::starman:)
  9. Yamper (:ultduckhunt:, :starman:)
  10. Cramorant (:ultfalco:, :starman:)
  11. Toxel (:ultyoshi:, :starman:) -> Toxtricity (:starman::starman::starman:)
  12. Sirfetch'd (:ultlink:, :starman::starman:)
  13. Snom (:ulticeclimbers:, :starman:)
  14. Eternatus (:ultdarksamus:, :starman::starman:) -> Gigantamax Eternatus (:starman::starman::starman:)
  15. Zacian and Zamazenta (:ultfox::ultwolf:, :starman::starman::starman::starman:)
  16. Kubfu (:ultryu::ultken:, :starman:) -> Urshifu (:starman::starman:)
  17. Gigantamax Pikachu (:ultpikachu:, :starman::starman::starman:)
Round 1: :ultsquirtle: on Pokémon Stadium (Main Theme - Pokémon Red and Blue (Melee))
Round 2: :ultivysaur: on Prism Tower (Pokémon Gym / Evolution)
Round 3: :ultcharizard: on Unova League (Victory Road - Pokémon Ruby and Pokémon Sapphire)
Round 4: :ultgreninja: on Kalos League (Battle! Champion - Pokémon X and Pokémon Y)
Round 5: :ultincineroar: on :ps2: (Battle! Elite Four and Solgaleo / Lunala - Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon)
Round 6: :ultpikachu: on Saffron City (Red/Blue Medley)
Final Round:
Master Hand.png
Crazy Hand.png
(team battle w/:ultivysaur::ultgreninja:)

Last edited:
Top Bottom