• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Last edited:

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135

Another montage I made with my K Rool buddy. This time I be bear n' bird. Still won't let go of his Rool. And he is loving the new buffs (so am I, I'm anticipating when I do my next ditto Rool combo video).

D

Deleted member

Happy 25th anniversary to an amazing series. Thaf's one of my favourites That we all love and adore Donkey Kong Country.

Can't wait till the next 25 and of course it's a series that features our glorious king.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kold Pizza

Smash Apprentice
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Today, let us gracefully say our thanks.

I am thankful for King K. Rool being in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, he is here to stay forever!

I am also thankful for Sakurai and his team of developers for hearing our voices and their efforts on this game, and how amazing in-character K. Rool looks in this game and all incredible references to the classic games he comes from.

I am also thankful K. Rool got buffed in the recent patch, making him more viable than before. Yes, he could still use fixes here and there, but he is decently playable in battle at least.

I am thankful for all the enormous amount of support K. Rool has gotten over the years, special thanks to those who kampaigned for him as well as his fans that supported him through thick and thin. No longer, we’ll we ever have to spend years wondering what happened to the Kremling King and why he hasn’t even appeared in any game yet in years.

Enjoy Thanksgiving, and enjoy the upcoming holidays such as Christmas! ‘Tis the season to be jolly!

Last edited:

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
It's the one year anniversary of Smash Bros Ultimate today, the game that brought the King back.

This game truly is something special and I'm so happy that K Rool is a big part of it.

Nothing will top that reveal trailer for me.

Sakurai you legend.

Kulty

Smash Ace
To celebrate Kongo Saga and the first anniversary of Ultimate, I released my second King K Rool montage on my channel. Enjoy boys. :)

Kulty

Smash Ace
Guys, if you have been watching Kongo Saga, know that the highest placing for solo King K Rool was KirbyKid at 65th out of 909 entrants. This is actually pretty solid, and I feel it definitely confirms that K Rool is no longer bottom tier. This feels like a placement of a mid tier character.

Also, Samsora (one of the top 5 PGR players), even though I personally think he's joking, said that K Rool is top 15.

Damned1

Smash Cadet
Samsora was definetely joking. Still, the results of Ben, Ito and especially Kirbykid show promise. Tropical, 808 and King Kila all barely missed on top 128 too, which is nothing to sniff at. I don't know if there were any other notable K. Rool mains, but that alone is quite a good result. Especially for a tournament that was so stacked that some amazing players fall in frigin pools

With that being said, i wonder if there was still a room for improvement for everyone and K. Rool in general, but i've also reconfirmed that we need some other buffs. Not gonna write more now cus i need to rewatch and rethink it, but one thing that i've noticed was Krown's endlag really screwing the user at times.

Anyway, congratulation for all who attended as :ultkrool:, and big applause for the leaders of Kremling Krew for showing how thicc great our king is!

Handy Man

Smash Ace
I went to Kongo Saga this weekend, and had a blast! I'm proud of the King K. Rool players for performing so well, especially KirbyKid. I did not make it too far in the bracket, as I had to fight Cosmos round two winner's side, but I did almost take a game off of him. Cheers to Ultimate being over a year old, here's to many more years of representing the kremling king!

Kold Pizza

Smash Apprentice
We may have to wait a while for a new DKC game to come out and for King K. Rool to finally return to a mainline DK game. We may even have to wait some time for the classic DKC games to come out for SNES online.

For now though, we have Super Smash Bros. Ultimate to lean on for comfort.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
We may have to wait a while for a new DKC game to come out and for King K. Rool to finally return to a mainline DK game. We may even have to wait some time for the classic DKC games to come out for SNES online.

For now though, we have Super Smash Bros. Ultimate to lean on for comfort.
And a really kick-ass Gametal remix for Diddy Kong Racing's boss theme.

Kold Pizza

Smash Apprentice
Everyone, Merry Christmas, or Merry K. Hristmas (whichever you prefer)! =)

Oh yeah, Happy New Year too!

The new year, 2020, is soon to come. Here’s hoping that the new decade will be a resurgence for the DK series.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So apparently, this person claims that the next DK game is actually being developed by a company other than Retro Studios.

What do you think of this?

D

Deleted member

So apparently, this person claims that the next DK game is actually being developed by a company other than Retro Studios.

What do you think of this?
I’m kinda worried, ngl.

D

Deleted member

Hope the new directors take time and care with the series.

If this is true.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Honestly, I'm fine with this. Besides Paon basically no longer existing in its current form, Retro Studios was too influenced by prior Ninty decisions for the enemy roster anyway, so a new company with a fresh mindset is what's needed.

whitesnake

Smash Apprentice
Any chance of K rool buffs in the next patch?

I would think no. But I’m still loving the ones from last patch

Top Bottom