• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

Kulty

Smash Ace
New video:

Boys, I did friendlies against one of the best King K Rool players in the world (best in New England and one of the best in US): 808. He's known for having a solid performance at Shine 2019 using solo King K Rool if I'm not mistaken. Anyway, enjoy! :ultkrool::ultkrool::ultkrool:

Last edited:

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
And so begins another excruciating wait for the next update that hopefully brings us some nice buffs.

Oh well, I‘ll support our King no matter what,

Even got myself the Kremling Krew Insignia tattooed on my right shoulder recently (no pics yet, because IPhone)

Kulty

Smash Ace
New video:

Boys, I did friendlies against one of the best King K Rool players in the world (best in New England and one of the best in US): 808. He's known for having a solid performance at Shine 2019 using solo King K Rool if I'm not mistaken. Anyway, enjoy! :ultkrool::ultkrool::ultkrool:
I'm now going to be known as Kulty. LS4Me is a bit too weird for a tag name now. :)

D

Deleted member

Yeah looking forward to the next update myself.

Always supporting the king through everything as usual.

He'll always be a character I use.

Kold Pizza

Smash Apprentice
The devs of the Smash Team need to fix his lags, especially aerial lags and landing lags. Increase his mobility. Increase his hitboxes for certain moves and decrease his hurtbox so he can be much less combo food. Doing these will at the very least be a huge step in making K. Rool more viable, much more. The Smash Team has put much greater effort in this Smash Bros. game than they did in the previous one. I have faith that they will do the right thing and make K. Rool more viable in the next patch. Buffing characters that really need it will be a fair game for everyone.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Congrats on the buffs. This is K. Rool's 2nd finest hour!

Kold Pizza

Smash Apprentice
I don’t care where the experts rank King K. Rool, what matters to me is that he is truly viable.

This game Super Smash Bros. Ultimate has been such a love letter to fans. Everyone deserves to have their beloved main viable; that way, it’s truly fair for all.

Looking forward to playing as the Kremling King right now.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

Kold Pizza

Smash Apprentice
With K. Rool getting buffed and the Smash developers showing so much dedication towards Ultimate and video games in general (the presentation today was great with details on how they focused on character mechanics and gaming history) I feel great about Dixie’s chances, all we need is them to at least put some first party choices in the next DLC wave and she will certainly be one of the first choices; I imagine that if Dixie gets in, she will be viable too and similar to how Diddy plays while at the same time showing some of her own unique moves.

Dixie would be pretty much all I need to be completely satisfied with the representation of the DK franchise. Though I am happy with the DK franchise’s current representation in Ultimate, a Dixie reveal will pretty much have DK fans saying “our work here is done.”

Also, I am hopeful for a new DKC game coming out in possibly 2020. There’s been rumors going around discussing the possibility, all we need is a confirmation of that happening.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
With K. Rool getting buffed and the Smash developers showing so much dedication towards Ultimate and video games in general (the presentation today was great with details on how they focused on character mechanics and gaming history) I feel great about Dixie’s chances, all we need is them to at least put some first party choices in the next DLC wave and she will certainly be one of the first choices; I imagine that if Dixie gets in, she will be viable too and similar to how Diddy plays while at the same time showing some of her own unique moves.

Dixie would be pretty much all I need to be completely satisfied with the representation of the DK franchise. Though I am happy with the DK franchise’s current representation in Ultimate, a Dixie reveal will pretty much have DK fans saying “our work here is done.”

Also, I am hopeful for a new DKC game coming out in possibly 2020. There’s been rumors going around discussing the possibility, all we need is a confirmation of that happening.
While I feel Dixie's inclusion would complete the DK representation in the roster, it wouldn't hurt for a Funky Echo to come along with her for the ride.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
So now Neutral B is a much more viable tool during neutral, correct?

How many frames does it take to activate the move now?

D

Deleted member

Completly behind Dixie Kong getting in. We got the two main characters the main villain of the original games. Plus one of the other main characters from those games who returned in the recent big game. Hope she gets in someday.

Also congrats to our gnarliness he got buffed again hope people continue to use him well with the games as they always have.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Though I have been mainly playing and trying to master Banjo-Kazooie lately, It's great to see King K. Rool finally get some enhancements along side Donkey Kong too as they are my number 2 and 3 fighters with Diddy Kong and Greninja rounding out my "Core Team".

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I have to say, this finest hour of yours has been lasting an awfully long time, how long is an hour in crocodile years?

Last edited:

Mr.Boo

Smash Cadet
Good to see some buffs, but they don't go far enough. There's only so much you can do with his kit until it's not fair for the other fighters, I'm aware. My biggest need is an increase in belly armor health. I feel that would go a long way. Will always love this character no matter how trash people might claim he is.

Last edited:

whitesnake

Smash Apprentice
I hope his play style does not shift to become projectile-spammy after the kannon buff

also in hope the krown still serves a purpose

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
I'd be completely down for Dixie Kong. Back before Ultimate I would have definitely wanted King K. Rool first, but having both would be great.

TropicalBreeze

Smash Apprentice
Well the average lifespan seems to be around 70 something years...
So...
I don't post much anymore, but this seems deserving of a croc fact elaboration.
An American alligator, Muja, has lived in a Serbian zoo since 1937. His exact age is unknown, since he arrived as an adult, but he's at least 80, easily making him one of the oldest living crocodilians in captivity. He's not the oldest ever though, a slender snouted crocodile named Hakuna arrived at a zoo in the Netherlands (also as an adult) in 1930.
Both of their zoos survived being bombed in WWII.
But Hakuna isn't the oldest ever, either.
In South Africa, a fully grown Nile crocodile named Henry was a notorius maneater, so locals asked a hunter to trap him for them. They decided to punish the croc with a life sentence in captivity.
That was back in 1903. Henry's exact birth year isn't known either, but it's estimated to be 1900. However, he's at least 116 years old, making him the oldest crocodilian in captivity whose age is verified.

D

Deleted member

Amazing animals, but geez definitely keep your distance from them yikes. Still this is really interesting. Incredible they live that long amazing animal and our great croc king is based off that.

Really cool.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rizen

Smash Legend
There's a CF player in my region who's ridiculously good. I can probably beat him one out of ten times. He seconds :ultkrool: and was using him in bracket. He got all the way to winner's finals before being forced to switch off. So now everyone in my region is going to say K.Rool's underrated, lol.

Kongrats on the buffs.

D

Deleted member

Dang imagine if that was the case thank goodness. Our boy made it in.

I know Wario is great but King K. Rool all day.

Also glad he seems like a more fun character. With the buffs course he was always fun.

Last edited by a moderator:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I'm still waiting for a Kaptain K. Rool costume. It could work, it's not closed like the Baron costume for the counter attacks and belly armor. Though you could just open up the Baron costume too.

And you could throw your hat as the crown. And Baron can throw his wig...

Damned1

Smash Cadet
Congratz! Was trying to look for some of your games there, but i guess you did not get any FM. :( (or im blind and can't see it, one or another).

Top Bottom