• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

Kaptain K. Roolenstein

Smash Apprentice
It’s been a wild ride for me, for all of us actually. I’m still amazed the way everything fell into place regarding K. Rool. I was thinking all the way back to 2013, the year I saw the Snomads at E3 and was convinced that K. Rool was kicked to the curb from the DK series and Nintendo history forever. That realization made me want to do all I could to spread awareness of this incredible villain who only ever needed another shot at the spotlight to prove himself. My how things have changed just from this year alone and how happy that I’m far away from those days. It feels like the end of an era. The drama, the speculation, the arguments and the campaigning. It’s freaky to me that this is all still real and that I’ve not woken up from some needlessly elaborate dream.

My take away from all this is how different things are now than they were when I first got involved with this Smash hype madness. I started out feeling like I was the only one (before I met you guys) concerned with wanting a forgotten character who had no chance of coming back to now seeing the internet and the world enthusiastically play as, talk about and cherish K. Rool after his grand return and none of this would be possible if it weren’t for the fans devotion to the character as well as the Smash team for lending an ear and picking up on it. Pat yourselves on the back, or rather play as K. Rool in Smash Ultimate at long last. You all deserve it!

Last edited:

DJDave189

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DJDave157
I finally got to play as King K. Rool, and my god he's so much fun to play as.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
First match as K rool haf me in crocodile tears.

He‘S so beautiful, i was playing him from midnight till Dawn, until I had to go to work.

That was 8 Hours ago, my mind needs to rest But my Body wants more K Rool

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
King K. Rool is as amazing as I thought he would be. Down throw to down smash is broken, it's a guaranteed kill after around 70%.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
This was a while ago now but... It only really hit me that we have K. Rool when I finally saw this; on MY TV, on MY Switch. Not going to lie, I shed a few tears and likely had the derpiest grin on my face, but he's here, and boy is he fun to use! Mostly been doing single-player stuff right now, but have been popping into online from time to time. He is incredibly disruptive in 4-man matches once you get the hang of him.

Well, we did it guys, and we can really say we did it now.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
K. Rool is amazing. His crown toss is honestly one of my favorite moves, the super armor it provides makes it so good for grab setups.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Diddy Drop Rap recreation
DK needs to be shrugging in that picture.

My take: had a good few hours with him and, while I love him to death, I can't help but feel like any early analysis of him would be flawed because he's a new character and most people don't know HOW to fight him yet.

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
DK needs to be shrugging in that picture.

My take: had a good few hours with him and, while I love him to death, I can't help but feel like any early analysis of him would be flawed because he's a new character and most people don't know HOW to fight him yet.
I think I can safely say that we'll all be playing with him enough to eventually know whether he's good or not.

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
Don't know if anyone has mentioned this but K. Rool's side taunt has armor lol

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I JUST realized that K. Rool's cannonball doesn't just shake when it gets shot out, it actually does a little circular motion, in reference to his boss fight in DKC2 once again.

OceloT42

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1993-9639-0577
Can anyone list which moves have Belly Armor and which ones just have regular armor?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I just wanna congratulate you guys for getting him in and him being such a god damn blast to play.

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
no problem i got not much else to do...(thankfully my game arrived today from amazon along with an amiibo pack)

JPEG_20181207_122149.jpg

Last edited:

Steelia

Smash Champion
K. Rool was our second unlock, and my brother and I have been doing Smash match after Smash match since. While he's trying out the other characters, about 95% of the 50+ matches I've done so far have utilized K. Rool (with just a little Young Link sprinkled in there). He's extremely fun, I could crown toss and projectile counter for days.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
I just wanted to say thanks to all of you who supported him in the ballot and got him in.

I just unlocked him last night and he's been a blast to play as, he's certainly become one of my favorite newcomers next to Incineroar. Being able to chase a foe to the top of the screen and KO with the copter was one of the most amusing surprises I discovered.

You can count on me to join the support for his return in future Smash titles.

StormC

Smash Hero
I'm really glad people are coming in this thread to thank us for voting for K. Rool and saying how much they enjoy playing as him. Part of the reason we pushed so hard for him was we knew he was a great character that people would enjoy once given the chance to. I'm looking forward to him becoming an integral Nintendo cast member and being seen in the public the same way they see characters like Bowser, Dedede and Ganondorf.

The current newcomer speculation board makes me really happy we got K. Rool and don't have to worry about his inclusion anymore. Everyone's concerned about their favorite not making the cut (understandably), and I'm just happy to no longer be in that position. I said if K. Rool got in I would never complain about the roster again, and even if certain characters aren't to my taste, they have their fans and will bring their own flavor to the game. Sure, I'd still like to see characters like Dixie and Bandana Dee, but I already got angry during the Smash 4 era and Ultimate is fixing my biggest issues with that game handily. I choose to not be angry anymore. It's too exhausting. I want to focus on the positive stuff as much as I can, of which there is a lot.

I got my most wanted newcomer of the last decade and I can't thank Sakurai enough for his decision to revive K. Rool and put him back in the mainstream. After he did that, along with Ridley and every veteran in Smash history (including Snake, my favorite video game character of all time and the protagonist of my favorite game of all time as well), what can I be mad about, really? You can't get everything you want in life and this is more than I could hope for before E3. Considering this will probably be the last game where I get heavily involved in Smash speculation, it's as good of a note to end on as you can get.

If you're reading this and you're still waiting for your most wanted, I hope you get them someday, if not now, then the next time.

Last edited:

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
Some of you may remember this image I posted back when the K. Rool Mii costume dropped.

It's time to recreate it in Ultimate

Truly, everyone is here.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
So I had to take a quick break from playing for a bit just to come by and celebrate K.Rool again.

I finally got all of the music set up, so I went straight to Classic with Link to take on his map. And of course, it ended with an unlock battle for the Kroc. My first unlocked character, and he looks beyond amazing.

I can't believe it happened. I haven't been this happy about a Smash newbie since the Trainer back in Brawl. This is amazing!

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
1:00 WFT can spike through K. Rool's recovery.

Figures that his greatest threat would be a fitness trainer.

Empty Number

Smash Journeyman
1:00 WFT can spike through K. Rool's recovery.

Figures that his greatest threat would be a fitness trainer.
My brother’s main is Wii Fit Trainer and boy does K. Rool have a tough time with her projectiles and frame data. Maybe it’s just me, but I find myself lacking options to answer her anti-edgeguarding headers and weird, almost disjointed hit boxes. Her FTilt is a super quick “get off me” move that hits on both sides.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Oh man I'm rusty at this game.

Still, I'm having a blast with everything. I want to try to unlock everyone through classic mode, but I'm getting my *** handed to me by everyone. At least we have that rematch door.

K.Rool is undeniably the best newcomer hands down. Everything about him looks and feels incredible. I got a great KO by sucking up an enemy in the blunderbuss, and I've had a few great shots where I hit someone, sucked the cannonball back up, and then got them on rebound. Sakurai really did an amazing job with this one.

Also managed to get a great shot of him right after beating one of the classic mode enemies. I love this uSmash. I don't think any series has as amazing facial expressions as the DK crew.
IMG_0682.JPG

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
I Mean Maybe he was just good or i wasn't good enough to stop him but this ridley guy i played the other guy was just too quick for me to even react and as for inkling getting hit with just one stray splat bomb turns the match into complete hell if The Inkling gets in just a couple of hits

same with anyone but i feel fatties like K.Rool have it worse due to their size

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
I Mean Maybe he was just good or i wasn't good enough to stop him but this ridley guy i played the other guy was just too quick for me to even react and as for inkling getting hit with just one stray splat bomb turns the match into complete hell if The Inkling gets in just a couple of hits

same with anyone but i feel fatties like K.Rool have it worse due to their size
Constant short hop nairs up close seem to shut down any Ridley player I come across. He's also real easy to grab, which is great for follow ups against someone as big as the space pirate.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
The K. Rool Mii costume is a symbol of hope.

The first acknowledgment of K. Rool in nearly 10 years.

We need to honor it, pray to it, and ritualistically play with it on the day it was released -- somewhere in July.

DrCactus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DrCactus
3DS FC
5026-4425-0383
Mii Rool is what happens if you get kicked out from a party for being drunk, and the rando nobody likes starts to mock you for it.

He had that suplex coming
KRoolDance.gif

Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Thanks to Mii
I appreciate thee
For being our light in the dark
Our parrot in the cave in the dark
Thou hast given us so much yet so many of us attacketh thee
for just being thee,
a Mii
a Mii
a Mii
A symbol of hope, for 75 cents
The clue in our faces that now retroactively makes sense.

Amen.

Top Bottom