• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
Hearing Crocodile Cacaphony makes me want to have dixie kong just so I can re create the last fight in DKC2

StormC

Smash Hero
Looks like Bowser is still the heaviest character. K. Rool is second.

Empty Number

Smash Journeyman
Looks like Bowser is still the heaviest character. K. Rool is second.
Hmmm. A little surprising! I thought with how he was introduced it was implied that K. Rool would be the heaviest. I read elsewhere
that his classic mode is ”The Super Heavyweights”. Maybe that’s the reference here.

Last edited:

TropicalBreeze

Smash Apprentice
/!\SPOILERS/!\ K. ROOL UNLOCK METHOD: /!\SPOILERS/!\
Two streams I've watched have unlocked the king by beating classic as Link. I'm thrilled we'll be able to get our hands on him so early. It's not confirmed, but if it's random then that's one hell of a coincidence.

StormC

Smash Hero
Hmmm. A little surprising! I thought with how he was introduced it was implied that K. Rool would be the heaviest. I read elsewhere
that his classic mode is ”The Super Heavyweights”. Maybe that’s the reference here.
He's still the heaviest character we've had in 17 years and is in the "super heavyweight" classification so it makes sense. I'm just glad he's heavier than DK.

/!\SPOILERS/!\ K. ROOL UNLOCK METHOD: /!\SPOILERS/!\
Two streams I've watched have unlocked the king by beating classic as Link. I'm thrilled we'll be able to get our hands on him so early. It's not confirmed, but if it's random then that's one hell of a coincidence.
I've heard the same. It's a very weird way to unlock him (maybe there's a plot connection in World Of Light), but if it's that easy then I'm very happy.

Last edited:

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
So, I guess I can't quote something without seeing what's in the quote. How difficult are the requirements to achieve; will I be able to do it without knowing what to do ahead of time?

StormC

Smash Hero
So, I guess I can't quote something without seeing what's in the quote. How difficult are the requirements to achieve; will I be able to do it without knowing what to do ahead of time?
It's very easy to do but you wouldn't know to do it without selecting a specific character. And not one that you would expect.

Kincaid1

Smash Cadet
One of the best things about K. Rool is that you can put him in almost any outfit and it'll work with him.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I hope all the characters can be unlocked through just playing Classic mode. Saves me from having to deal with World of Light.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
False alarm it’s still random

Remember the stream got jigglypuff challenge with ness

Well another streamer got jigglypuff challenge with kirby

Sorry guys it’s still confirmed random

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Maybe Link mistook him for a Dodongo because of his new running animation.

Actually, we still don't know if sucking explosives with the blunderbuss works, do we?
Actually it’s now confirmed still random

They remember one stream got jigglypuff battle with ness

But another streamer got a jigglypuff challenger with kirby

And yes both were classic mode

slimjim

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FS-slimjim
3DS FC
4296-3887-2717
False alarm it’s still random

Sorry guys it’s still confirmed random
Well, you're partially right. The unlocks from classic mode ARE in fact confirmed random. BUT these guys aren't unlocking King K Rool from beating classic mode with Link. They're TECHNICALLY unlocking him from a challenge that yields KKR as a reward for beating boss Ganon for the first time. Link just happens to do that in his classic mode. This was just confirmed on a 3rd stream.

TLDR: 100% guaranteed to unlock KKR after beating classic mode with Link.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well, you're partially right. The unlocks from classic mode ARE in fact confirmed random. BUT these guys aren't unlocking King K Rool from beating classic mode with Link. They're TECHNICALLY unlocking him from a challenge that yields KKR as a reward for beating boss Ganon for the first time. Link just happens to do that in his classic mode. This was just confirmed on a 3rd stream.

TLDR: 100% guaranteed to unlock KKR after beating classic mode with Link.
Still weird well I’m getting the strategy guide so I can find out if it’s randomized or not

But I think the correction might potentially be defeat ganon however that’s not holding water because Zelda got ganondorf then turns to ganon after you beat him but her challenger after that was robin

StormC

Smash Hero
From what I understand, Ness is the first character you unlock no matter what, and overrides any other conditions.

D

Deleted member

Saw some stuff.

Crocodile Cacaphony soufs heart-pounding and bone-chilling.

King K. Rool looks awesome in game.

D

Deleted member

Makes sense too bad it couldn't be some version of Donkey Kong a giant DK, or the Super Kong guide or something. Heck Dixie Kong and Diddy Kong together alluding to their final confrontation in DKC 2 would be okay. But ah.

Considering he uses gadgets and inventions to try to battle the Kongs this makes sense.

Last edited by a moderator:

StormC

Smash Hero
From the Bandana Dee thread:

Good news guys!
Bandana Dee is one of the few Kirby characters that can be used as a player icon when playing Ultimate online

Kaptain K. Rool is a player icon, you guys! This is so awesome! At least, I think it's awesome. (picture might have some spoilers regarding World Of Light)

EDIT: And the Blast-O-Matic! Holy cow.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Ofcoarse it looks,like we are all finishing classic with link
Joke's on you - I was gonna start with that anyway!

I'm marginally disappointed I got spoiled on that boss fight, but I'm super hype that it's happening. Still trying to stay away from major WoL spoilers, but if we're unlocking characters one by one by playing Classic...I may unlock them all the easy way.

Also, after listening to them several times until the Nintenjas started striking them down - Crocodile Cacophony >>>>> Gangplank Galleon. DK got so much music love, but it's a shame we didn't get any DK64 music outside of the botched rap. Also a nice Frantic Factory-esque stage is sorely needed for these great K.Rool songs. I guess Jungle Japes works since it's dusk, but I'd prefer the cold factory atmosphere.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Also, after listening to them several times until the Nintenjas started striking them down - Crocodile Cacophony >>>>> Gangplank Galleon. DK got so much music love, but it's a shame we didn't get any DK64 music outside of the botched rap. Also a nice Frantic Factory-esque stage is sorely needed for these great K.Rool songs. I guess Jungle Japes works since it's dusk, but I'd prefer the cold factory atmosphere.
That's part of the reason why I'm vouching for Lanky, Tiny and Chunky, respectively small as their chances are. The best case scenario in the future would be a DK Rap remix by ACE.

OceloT42

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1993-9639-0577
Joke's on you - I was gonna start with that anyway!

I'm marginally disappointed I got spoiled on that boss fight, but I'm super hype that it's happening. Still trying to stay away from major WoL spoilers, but if we're unlocking characters one by one by playing Classic...I may unlock them all the easy way.

Yeah, I'm going to have to disagree with you there. Gangplank Galleon is a god level remix, and it gives me a feeling of pure unbridled euphoria every time I listen. It's like someone made heroin into a sound.

I love Crocodile Cacophony too, but claiming it's the superior remix, I can't really agree with that. It's solid, no doubt, beautifully crafted, bit in my opinion, Gangplank Galleon is vastly better, since it represents King K Rool's Smash incarnation the best.

I mean, just look at the dude. Whatever he's doing, he's just having so much fun, and he's so lovable and royal. Gangplank Galleon is all of that.

StormC

Smash Hero
I definitely prefer the Crocodile Cacophony remix as well and that's really saying something. It's an all-time great Smash remix. I had tears in my eyes hearing the opening notes.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
So, 2nd heaviest, huh? That's actually fine by me!

Looking at his alts, does anyone else have difficulties on deciding which one to use the most?

SmashKeks

Smash Ace

Looking at his alts, does anyone else have difficulties on deciding which one to use the most?
Personally, not especially. Usually I love alt costumes, but I think I'll stick with the OG green most of the time. However if ever a Smash title roles around where K. Rool gets an Kaptain alt costume that will easily become my new primary alt for the King, no contest.

StormC

Smash Hero

I'm tempted to stick to just the canon color because it really is that perfect, but pink, black, and white are all very appealing to me. I imagine I'll rotate.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416

I'm thinking the black alt, just 'cuz it reminds me faintly of Salandit from Pokémon.

Top Bottom