• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

StormC

Smash Hero
Plot twist: Ultimate's Crocodile Cacophony is as polarizing as Brawl's remix of Stickerbush Symphony.
Honestly just having the song recognized is enough. But I think it’s just an SNES rip, which is fine by me.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Crocodile Cacophony is probably my favorite out of K. Rool's boss themes, helped by the fact that his DKC2 boss battle is my favorite of his boss fights. So much creativity went into that one, and the product turned out simply great. I'm happy to know the theme made it into Ultimate! Assuming it's a remix, now we'll have to wait to hear a clear version, straight from the OST, begins, in a similar vein to how we're still waiting for the full version of Gangplank Galleon. If not, that's fine. The original's still really good.

Now if only we could get some Big Boss Blues in here, as well...

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
To be fair, Ultimate-debuting remixes have hit it out of the park 99% of the time. Still don't get how a remix of S/M's Wild Pokémon battle theme got messed up…

That said, has anyone else seen the KoaraYMT Twitter account? That user posted some great pieces on the 16th:

DsGf75MUwAAP_rP.jpg
DsGf75LUwAAd3FI.jpg
DsGf75MUUAAOexd.jpg
DsGf75LU4AAZczV.jpg

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Honestly just having the song recognized is enough. But I think it’s just an SNES rip, which is fine by me.
Bringing back the original track is rather mixed, since music from the SNES era isn't exactly the best quality out there (quality had to be restricted, due to storage space limits), and Crocodile Cacophony is rather short in length when compared to Brawl's remix of King K. Rool / Ship Deck 2.

StormC

Smash Hero
Bringing back the original track is rather mixed, since music from the SNES era isn't exactly the best quality out there (quality had to be restricted, due to storage space limits), and Crocodile Cacophony is rather short in length when compared to Brawl's remix of King K. Rool / Ship Deck 2.
Yeah, but the song is so great that I wouldn't care.

However, that remix sounds AWESOME. WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/...megathread_115_any_and_all/eab825h/?context=3

Somebody’s leaking the soundtrack. Crocodile Cacophony is not a remix. It sounds ****ing INCREDIBLE.

Edit: :ultgreninja:‘d
Don't you mean is a remix?

Last edited:

Laniv

Smash Lord
That Crocodile Cacophony remix is heavenly

"Cacophony" is kind of a misnomer in this case, ain't it?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Goddamn, my ears like what they're hearing. I thought nothing would top the Gangplank Galleon remix until THIS came along. I must know who the remixer is! :joyful:

Imagine, if Big Boss Blues is in and is even better...

Last edited:

IronWarrior94

Smash Journeyman
I hope you guys are drowning in vindication. So much love given to nearly every form of representation for this "irrelevant and ugly" character.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
We got K. Rool, and fresh remixes of his two best themes plus Snakey Chantey in one game. This is the best ****ing Smash ever.

StormC

Smash Hero
I hope you guys are drowning in vindication. So much love given to nearly every form of representation for this "irrelevant and ugly" character.
Oh you have no idea.

If you told me in July not only would K. Rool be in, he would have new remixes of Gangplank Galleon AND Crocodile Cacophony, I'd slap you. It's obvious that K. Rool is getting so much love because we krocked the vote. Our voices WERE heard, we DID make a difference, and we were NOT a vocal minority.

December 7th needs to be yesterday.

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
Oh you have no idea.

If you told me in July not only would K. Rool be in, he would have new remixes of Gangplank Galleon AND Crocodile Cacophony, I'd slap you. It's obvious that K. Rool is getting so much love because we krocked the vote. Our voices WERE heard, we DID make a difference, and we were NOT a vocal minority.

December 7th needs to be yesterday.
2 weeks

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
OH MY GOD! MY EARS! THEY ARE OOZING SEXY GREATNESS! THESE REMIXES ARE FIRE!!! TOOO HYPE!! CROCODILE CACOPHONY!

BKupa666 BKupa666 please tag David Wise on the Kremling Kampaigner twitter with the Crocodile Cacaphony remix. I NEED to know how he feels about this BANGING remix.

Last edited:

Wambo

Smash Ace
Just wanted to pop on and say...

"Holy ****. Crocodile Cacophony."

Like, I didn't even think that would make it in as a remix. But it did. And it's REALLY FUGGIN' GOOD.

It's a good time to be a K.Rool fan.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
I wonder how long until we get mashup between the Cacophony remix and the Finest Hour?

This is awesome. The fact that the DKC series is getting this much love into it this time is truly incredible. Hopefully Big Boss Blues and the K. Rool DK64 boss fight get included then it will be literally perfect. So much attention to detail to a character that was forgotten for 10 years, a character that was deemed "irrelevant". This is a huge victory. I can't wait play matches as K. Rool to Gangplank Galleon and Krocodile Kacophony. I'm going to enjoy this for a very long time.

BEST SMASH EVER

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Now someone needs to remake the K.Rool reveal trailer but with Crocodile Cacaphony instead of Gangplank Galleon. I need to know how that flows. Also someone make a Smash Bros Commercial meme but with Crocodile Cacaphony as the track.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
That flawless integration of K. Rool Returns could not have packed more of an emotional wallop, given everything so many of us have gone through to get to this point with this series. Oh my God.

StormC

Smash Hero
As I said after the November Direct... I'm like 100% sure K. Rool won the ballot, no ifs, ands, buts, or asterisks.

Of course, it's only because that damn vocal minority that voted hundreds of times in Best Buy stores. Nobody but them cares about the Kremlings!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I still like that they straight up use the SMW ground theme in this game.

As I said after the November Direct... I'm like 100% sure K. Rool won the ballot, no ifs, ands, buts, or asterisks.

Of course, it's only because that damn vocal minority that voted hundreds of times in Best Buy stores. Nobody but them cares about the Kremlings!
Who wins in a match: a sexy witch with guns and time powers, or one big bayou boy? :shades:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium

No joke, this song is probably one of the best things I've ever heard in Smash. We worked hard, Kutthroats, but the King's finally here with some of the best DK music brought with him!

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
ohhh god, this is the best timeline, isnt it?!

i got goosebumps from that bangin remix, holy Croc!

StormC

Smash Hero
K. Rool and Mega Man were my most wanted by far back in the Smash 4 days, and both of them have amazing music accompanying them in this game.

It's great to be a king.

StormC

Smash Hero
Snakey Chantey remix on YouTube:

This makes like 2.5 new K. Rool remixes.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
The Crocodile Cacaphony remix is insane. Smash Ultimate is looking to top Brawl's soundtrack. Anyone found a Big Boss Blues remix?

Last edited:

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
Now someone needs to remake the K.Rool reveal trailer but with Crocodile Cacaphony instead of Gangplank Galleon. I need to know how that flows. Also someone make a Smash Bros Commercial meme but with Crocodile Cacaphony as the track.
Honestly, I know why they picked Gangplank Galleon, being the Kroc's OG theme and all, but if I can go into nitpick territory for a moment, I always have like Crocodile Cacophony more and would have preferred a K. Rool trailer with that over Gangplank. I always knew Gangplank would appear in a (once) hypothetical K. Rool reveal, but I always kind of hoped it would be about half gangplank/half cacophony.

Steelia

Smash Champion
The Crocodile Cacaphony remix is insane. Smash Ultimate is looking to top Brawl's soundtrack. Anyone found a Big Boss Blues remix?
No Big Boss Blues sadly, actually I don't think there were any DKC3 tune additions at all. Interesting.

Top Bottom