• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
King K. Rool does not uplift the everyday Kremling. He only is in this for himself. If you're like the average Rekoil or something, King K. Rool will not fight for you. He doesn't give a sh*t about you.

Klubba does. Klubba worked his ass off after DKC2 investing his Kremcoins in a quaint little Flower Shop in New Donk City. Klubba actulaly cares about Kremlings and even Gnawties and Zingers. Klubba has actually spent enormous resources to find a way to resurrect crocodile isle. King K. Rool is just a moron who is obsessed with Donkey Kong and let that obsession take down the Kremling homeland. Klubba doesn't antagonize people just because they are Kongs. Klubba has even held events with Expresso's Expressos. Klubba wants Kremlings to be a part of the wider society. K. Rool doesn't give a sh*t as long as whatever vehicle he's using has his face on it.

If you think K. Rool should still lead the Kremlings then you don't understand anything about anything. Anything.
Vote Klubba.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
It's been a while since I've been on here, but I still am looking forward to playing as the King of Krokodiles in Ultimate! Everything about him is honestly just awesome and his meteor smashes just look so damn awesome, especially with that B-Air of his. In addition, he has a great set of costumes, a ton of personality, and a counter that reflects projectiles... I don't think there's anything else I could of asked for him. :p

All I have to do now is just wait...

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
So far we know there's a Snakey Chantey remix and rips of Funky's Fugue and Ice Cave Chant.

Could we actually get a good variety of DKC music this time?

C-G

Smash Journeyman
Small list of fantastic songs to draw from

-Seashore War
-Fear Factory
-Snowmad's theme
-Mining Melancholy
-Krook's March
-Lockjaw's Locker
-Flight of the Zinger
-Disco Train

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
*Belly Counter reflects projectiles back and forth*

K. Rool confirmed for being a better Ganondorf than Ganondorf.

StormC

Smash Hero
Well blast, so is he just going to interact with the KI cast? Otherwise I don't see any other reason why Hayter's been brought back.
He has a few new lines in combat/victory screen. Who knows? Guess we'll see. It's a shame, but understandable. I'm just glad to see (hear?) Hayter again.

Treked

Smash Cadet
NNID
3DS FC
4296-3633-4104
Switch FC
SW-3184-5921-0328
One could speculate that King K. Rool has a fondness for bananas. It would at least explain why his troops stole Donkey Kong's banana hoard.

If K. Rool didn't like bananas, then he probably wouldn't even bother trying to steal them in the first place.
http://oi66.tinypic.com/28l7twx.jpg

I mean it's kind of a retckon but I think it's the only statement made in an official game about his opinion on bananas. (Maybe I'm missing some important dialogue that makes a reference to that in the Country trilogy on GBA seeing as they have some intros and extras so I'm not sure)

As a kid I always thought the Kremlings were just interested on the bananas peel because of being made out of gold apparently (They're called Golden Bananas in DK 64 for something right?) and well who wouldn't want gold that could come from trees? And the Kongs obviously because they're apes... and it's their main sustenance. But yeah aside from that part with the Kongs it's probably wrong.

By the way his Palutena guidence it's... pretty boring I mean the majority of them are in the same style but it's strange seeing how much I enjoyed the dialogues in Kid Icarus Uprising. But here it's just:
"He's super heavy
Who's this guy?
Leader of the Kremlings
Who's this guy again?
He has super armor so grab him
If you like bananas you're probably a monkey, dumb or both."

Daisy's one is a little better but Snake really won the lottery with that type of easter egg they were funny or made Snake feel some empathy from hearing the bios of his adversaries. The Star Fox ones were kinda OKsh.

Dunno maybe it's better in the japanese version they sometimes change things for the worse.
The Dedede one for example with Palutena spacing out.

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Oh, was it brought up here that Snakey Chantey got a remix?

I love Snakey Chantey, but please, PLEASE give us Jib Jig, whether it just be the original rip or a remix.

C-G

Smash Journeyman
Belly Counter reflecting makes a lot of sense. Trying to think what matchups this would help out the most in though and....I'm not coming up with nothing, but I think with the tools he already has it's more redundant than I was expecting.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Is it really true that King K. Rool's counter can actually reflect projectiles? If so, I'd still be aware of the damage threshold that reflectors tend to have.

StormC

Smash Hero
As far as the Palutena's Guidance goes, I'm just elated to hear other Nintendo characters talk about K. Rool. It's been so long that I need some time to get used to his return to the spotlight and I'm enjoying every piece of new content related to the King I can get.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Lol. Indeed. I didn't care much for the actual exchange but it's very cool to see K. Rool joining modern Nintendo and like a child in a toy store grabbing everything he can. How long until the King K. Rool themed Splatfest? Baron K. Roolenstein vs Kaptain K. Rool. Okay that's not fair. Baron K. Roolenstein vs Krusha K. Rool.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
http://oi66.tinypic.com/28l7twx.jpg

I mean it's kind of a retckon but I think it's the only statement made in an official game about his opinion on bananas. (Maybe I'm missing some important dialogue that makes a reference to that in the Country trilogy on GBA seeing as they have some intros and extras so I'm not sure)

As a kid I always thought the Kremlings were just interested on the bananas peel because of being made out of gold apparently (They're called Golden Bananas in DK 64 for something right?) and well who wouldn't want gold that could come from trees? And the Kongs obviously because they're apes... and it's their main sustenance. But yeah aside from that part with the Kongs it's probably wrong.

By the way his Palutena guidence it's... pretty boring I mean the majority of them are in the same style but it's strange seeing how much I enjoyed the dialogues in Kid Icarus Uprising. But here it's just:
"He's super heavy
Who's this guy?
Leader of the Kremlings
Who's this guy again?
He has super armor so grab him
If you like bananas you're probably a monkey, dumb or both."

Daisy's one is a little better but Snake really won the lottery with that type of easter egg they were funny or made Snake feel some empathy from hearing the bios of his adversaries. The Star Fox ones were kinda OKsh.

Dunno maybe it's better in the japanese version they sometimes change things for the worse.
The Dedede one for example with Palutena spacing out.
I somehow blame Treehouse. Which division of theirs has the poorest track record in terms of translation, again? I heard Awakening got flack for some areas of the translation.

Kulty

Smash Ace
I think you guys have pretty much heard about the new footage floating around, but I still wonder where King K Rool is located in WoL Map. We just have to find the optimal path to save him since after you rescue:ultmario:, you have the choice to save:ultmarth::ultsheik::ultvillager:. It's honestly really hard to tell since we only know that on Villager's path, you unlock:ultfalcon:(from what I heard) and :ultmiifighters:(Swordfighter) on the Sheik pathway. I don`t know who you unlock in Marth's pathway.

What are your thoughts on this?

Last edited:

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
I think you guys have pretty much heard about the new footage floating around, but I still wonder where King K Rool is located in WoL Map. We just have to find the optimal path to save him since after you rescue:ultmario:, you have the choice to save:ultmarth::ultsheik::ultvillager:. It's honestly really hard to tell since we only know that on Villager's path, you unlock:ultfalcon:(from what I heard) and :ultmiifighters:(Swordfighter) on the Sheik pathway. I don`t know who you unlock in Marth's pathway.

What are your thoughts on this?
It'd be nice to have some clue on this pre-release, but chances are we'll just have to figure it out once the game drops.
I wanna unlock the king as soon as possible, but he's only one of many characters I want to get my hands on, so any path will probably be fine.

Kincaid1

Smash Cadet
One could speculate that King K. Rool has a fondness for bananas. It would at least explain why his troops stole Donkey Kong's banana hoard.

If K. Rool didn't like bananas, then he probably wouldn't even bother trying to steal them in the first place.
One explanation brought up by old Rare alumni is that he wanted to starve out the kongs to claim their island and its resources. I like that one a lot more.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Even if they retcon it, the reason for K. Rool stealing the Banana Hoard will always to me be to starve the Kongs out. It's one of my favorite parts of his lore, because it really drives home the fact that he is a legitimately terrible person when you take a step back and look at him. A lot of cartoony, goofy villains are often able to be shown to have a heart and be capable of doing good things. But, outside of the DKC cartoon which is almost certainly not canon anyway, name a time where K. Rool has actually shown any goodwill.

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
I knew that counters were rehauled for Palutena and Game and Watch down B, but honestly no, I didn't think they would also give that to K. Rool.

Last edited:

Kincaid1

Smash Cadet
I knew that counters were rehauled for Palutena and Game and Watch down B, but honestly no, I didn't think they would also give that to K. Rool.
I swear someone on the Smash dev team is a huge K. Rool fan and is secretly slipping these things into his moveset. Like goddamn the surprises just keep on rolling! People have been able to play around with the big croc on the block for WEEKS now and are just now finding out about this blunderbuss refire verticality and the kounter's deflecting function (which is pretty major considering that we had assumed his only method of sending back projectiles was the somewhat slow blunderbuss refire). Given that fact, I definitely wouldn't doubt that you could maybe angle the refire down as well, possibly killing opponents at the ledge.

Now if you could angle the initial kannonball fire as well, I'd straight up die and go to heaven.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I swear someone on the Smash dev team is a huge K. Rool fan and is secretly slipping these things into his moveset. Like goddamn the surprises just keep on rolling! People have been able to play around with the big croc on the block for WEEKS now and are just now finding out about this blunderbuss refire verticality and the kounter's deflecting function (which is pretty major considering that we had assumed his only method of sending back projectiles was the somewhat slow blunderbuss refire). Given that fact, I definitely wouldn't doubt that you could maybe angle the refire down as well, possibly killing opponents at the ledge.

Now if you could angle the initial kannonball fire as well, I'd straight up die and go to heaven.
Blunderbuss Verticality?

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Even if they retcon it, the reason for K. Rool stealing the Banana Hoard will always to me be to starve the Kongs out. It's one of my favorite parts of his lore, because it really drives home the fact that he is a legitimately terrible person when you take a step back and look at him. A lot of cartoony, goofy villains are often able to be shown to have a heart and be capable of doing good things. But, outside of the DKC cartoon which is almost certainly not canon anyway, name a time where K. Rool has actually shown any goodwill.
Well, he is a respectful guest in the baseball kingdom during Mario Super Sluggers. He makes it clear he still has a grudge versus the Kongs but is willing to put that aside for baseball fun. So he isn't always so petty about being the best.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Well, he is a respectful guest in the baseball kingdom during Mario Super Sluggers. He makes it clear he still has a grudge versus the Kongs but is willing to put that aside for baseball fun. So he isn't always so petty about being the best.
It should also be noted that for unknown reasons, King K. Rool has bad chemistry towards Bowser. He may be bad, but King K. Rool definitely has no affiliations with Bowser if he's willing to join the good guys for some baseball.

C-G

Smash Journeyman
It should also be noted that for unknown reasons, King K. Rool has bad chemistry towards Bowser. He may be bad, but King K. Rool definitely has no affiliations with Bowser if he's willing to join the good guys for some baseball.
"Unknown Reasons"

Evil Kings don't play nice together. Just look at Subspace Emissary.

C-G

Smash Journeyman
You know what would have been cool?

If instead of a Gangplank Galleon remix for KKR's victory theme, it was the Kong Death music.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I mean, it's mother****ing baseball, I'd be willing to put up with the dude who shanked me and stole my wallet the other week if it meant I could play a few innings.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280

Seriously.

I knew it was a counter but a REFLECTOR as well?!

Hot damn...

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Kaptain K.Rool's spirit battle conditions

So good!

Top Bottom