• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

Gobliiin

Smash Apprentice
It's odd K. Rool being in still catches me off guard and is still surprising. Yet it just feels so right and obvious for him to be in that it's almost like he's always been in the game. Especially how hyped and everyone seemed to be talking his inclusion with each detail we get about him.

Last edited:

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
I'm so happy he made it in. They did such a good job.
Now all we really need is Dixie and I'd say DK's representation is perfect.

Also, how come the K.Rool and Simon discussion boards still don't have icons?

StormC

Smash Hero
Replaying DKC3's boss battle... I'm only now noticing his helipack actually has exhaust pipes in that game too, just that Smash actually takes advantage of them. The attention to detail is insane; Sakurai may not still be the biggest fan of the DK series, but the love that went into K. Rool's moveset is real.

I will say that I always found the Baron boss battles the weakest in the SNES trilogy, and I realized a big reason why; at all times during the battle (at least the first one), you have a safespot. You can crouch and avoid Baron in the corner when he's flying along the ground, and you can stay on one of the wooden platforms during the second phase when he's airborne. It's not like DKC2 where you always have to be on your toes and constantly moving. He doesn't even try to attack you, just content to fly back and forth; he actually did attack you in Donkey Kong Land 3, making those boss battles more engaging.

Still, I love the Baron design and am extremely happy to see the Helipack in his moveset.

Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Yes, DKC3 final boss is weak.

That's why I was so impressed with the electric pods idea thrown around by fans for a potential K. Rool moveset. It takes a boring boss battle and does something very creative with an aspect of it.

The cool thing is now that we can think about what K. Rool's FUTURE boss battles will look like. No longer just DKC1-3 + 64.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah, I wonder what his persona in the next game will be of. How about a cowboy?
I was thinking that he'd go full-on Caligula and be a Roman emperor, maybe take over DK Island, set up Roman structures, and have breads and circuses while Kalypso feeds him grapes.

Heck, his boss fight could even take a page from Tiny the Tiger and have him sic lions at the Kongs' general direction.

Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I think K. Rool should return to the DK games as King K. Rool and then at the very end introduce a persona that makes sense with theme of the game.

I think Kowboy K. Rool also doesn't work IMO. It isn't "functional" enough. A little too goofy, too?

Kultist K. Rool trying to revive an ancient Krem Demon would work better, for example. There's a "point" to it, even if thin.

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
I feel like King K, Rool should make his return as just his regular King self. Afterwords, have any upcoming sequels focus on other personas like Kowboy K. Rool, Knight K. Rool or whatever they decide to do.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Kowboy K. Rool is a good idea. But what about:
  • Kid K. Rool
  • Konductor K. Rool
  • Kop K. Rool
  • Kounselor K. Rool
  • Kook K. Rool
  • Kaveman K. Rool
  • Karate K. Rool
  • Karaoke K. Rool
  • Kameraman K. Rool

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I would like to see a game where we have more than one King K Rool boss fight. You initially fight him as the King in a version of his classic fight. Afterwards, he tries a couple of his zany disguises in later worlds. Eventually, when DK gets past these as well, he gives up and reverts back to his King getup for the final boss, but also uses things from his previous boss fights in some zany mash up.

I dunno, I just wouldn't be surprised to see him take centre stage next game after the big push to have him back.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I had a thought. Now, we all know the songs from the Donkey Kong Country cartoon, right? Well, there is a video showing Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong in Brawl reenacting the Big Bog Monster song scene, as shown here.

Now, whether you guys plan to make your own or want others to make some, which Donkey Kong Country cartoon songs would you like to see re-enacted by Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong and King K. Rool? Or the king himself alone?

Personally, I'd have the Diddy Drop Rap scene re-enacted by the three. Ridley can be in as Klump and Bower can be in as Krusha. Here is the song in case you don't know what I am talking about.

So, what songs would you like to see re-enacted in the form of a video from this game?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I would like to see a game where we have more than one King K Rool boss fight. You initially fight him as the King in a version of his classic fight. Afterwards, he tries a couple of his zany disguises in later worlds. Eventually, when DK gets past these as well, he gives up and reverts back to his King getup for the final boss, but also uses things from his previous boss fights in some zany mash up.

I dunno, I just wouldn't be surprised to see him take centre stage next game after the big push to have him back.
As long as his boss fights get increasingly elaborate. One could also instead have to fight him every two worlds, to add some variety to the boss fights.

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman
I had a thought. Now, we all know the songs from the Donkey Kong Country cartoon, right? Well, there is a video showing Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong in Brawl reenacting the Big Bog Monster song scene, as shown here.

Now, whether you guys plan to make your own or want others to make some, which Donkey Kong Country cartoon songs would you like to see re-enacted by Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong and King K. Rool? Or the king himself alone?

Personally, I'd have the Diddy Drop Rap scene re-enacted by the three. Ridley can be in as Klump and Bower can be in as Krusha. Here is the song in case you don't know what I am talking about.

So, what songs would you like to see re-enacted in the form of a video from this game?
Didn't even take a second to know what I want to see the most:

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
How about Klan Leader K. Rool, as in leader of the Kremling Mafia? I'd say it's brilliant, don't you think?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Not sure tbh, I just know NoA probs wouldn't let Nintendo call K. Rool a Klan Leader any official releases.
How about Kriminal K. Rool? That should be close enough.

Speaking of that K word, which has to do with the south of the USA, how is Kernel K. Rool, a southern USA based K. Rool?

Maybe we could have a level called KFM, or Kernel's Fried Monkeys, or Kentucky Fried Monkeys.

Last edited:

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
So when is someone going to post the amazing thank you card as well as amazing K.Rool/Sakurai fanart to the board? BKupa666 BKupa666 wanna do the honors. I saw it on Twitter and you did an AMAZING job on it. It looks incredible! Who did the artwork?

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Kloak-and-Dagger K. Rool, a head spy themed K. Rool whose minions are spies that are spying on the Kongs.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

This is the Twitter thread containing the thank-you letter to Sakurai, Nintendo and the fans, plus masterful artwork Zombie Saurian Zombie Saurian illustrated to accompany it. I spent the last few nights going through Smashboards, Discord and Twitter compiling as many names as I could find by our cutoff, and I believe the final tally hovers around 1,020 signers.

I am going to post the art and letter in here, but I strongly recommend everyone who has a Twitter account to retweet and favorite the posts on the site itself. The more circulation it gets, the better the odds of it reaching Sakurai and Nintendo.

And though Zombie, Eric (who wrote the letters) and I approached this as a comprehensive thank-you project, I highly encourage anyone else who feels inspired to write their own letter, or draw their own card, or assemble their own video, to do so. As far as I'm concerned, there's no such thing as too much thanks to the people who listened to us at long last and made K. Rool happen.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

This is the Twitter thread containing the thank-you letter to Sakurai, Nintendo and the fans, plus masterful artwork Zombie Saurian Zombie Saurian illustrated to accompany it. I spent the last few nights going through Smashboards, Discord and Twitter compiling as many names as I could find by our cutoff, and I believe the final tally hovers around 1,020 signers.

I am going to post the art and letter in here, but I strongly recommend everyone who has a Twitter account to retweet and favorite the posts on the site itself. The more circulation it gets, the better the odds of it reaching Sakurai and Nintendo.

And though Zombie, Eric (who wrote the letters) and I approached this as a comprehensive thank-you project, I highly encourage anyone else who feels inspired to write their own letter, or draw their own card, or assemble their own video, to do so. As far as I'm concerned, there's no such thing as too much thanks to the people who listened to us at long last and made K. Rool happen.

Now, this is all awesome, if I do say so myself!

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター

All of this is honestly awesome, especially with the message written.

And because of that, I can say without a doubt... that the artwork created for this is one of the best pieces of art I've ever seen at any point in time, especially with the tear of joy being shed from K. Rool... it's just really emotional and gets to me so much.

I really do hope Sakurai sees this tweet and everything in it, and I mean that.

Last edited:

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990

*Jaw drops

Wow, this is amazing. I love the design and layout of the card, truly a worthy loveletter.
This is still so very surreal to me, as it still needs to sink in that our Conquest spanning so many years now finally comes to an end.

Not gonna lie, but when I started reading that letter, I was close to shedding a tear. The entire thing that is so heartfelt and sweet, I love this.

Thanks again for all of your dedication, BKupa666. You Rool!

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
So are there any K. Rool mods you want to see done to pervert the glorious Kremling King?
I want to see if I can somehow give him Bayonetta's skeleton.

Last edited:

SmashKeks

Smash Ace

And now to go through the arduous undertaking of trying to find my name. Spoiler alert, it's not my username.

Last edited:

Handy Man

Smash Ace

This is incredibly beautiful. It's so amazing that all of us worked so hard on demonstarting how much King K. Rool and the kremlings mean to us on a personal level, and thanking Sakurai in such a respectful way like this is the best possible thing we could have ever done to repay him for listening. It feels so good to see how many people cared to sign the letter too, it was most definitely a pleasure for me. I really hope Sakurai replies to briefly acknowledge our appreciation for his hard work and dedication, but even if he doesn't, he'll most likely appreciate it and show it to his co-workers. We did a great job everyone, regardless if you've been supporting King K. Rool since Melee or just learned who he was two weeks ago. This happened because of all of us, and I am personally very proud of that.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord

This is amazing... I hope Sakurai feels as much joy from receiving this as we do from sending it.. No words can describe how amazing that art piece makes me feel.

Last edited:

Gobliiin

Smash Apprentice
Amazing so well done thanks to everyone involved it's great. I got a bit emotional again looking at that for some reason still feels like such a feat and achievement with what's happened.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816

Gorgeous art and presentation. You guys always had an eye for design. I am so happy and honored to have my name on this.

Top Bottom