• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

Kaptain K. Roolenstein

Smash Apprentice
Rivals? It's pretty clear that DK and K. Rool made up and are now jungle buddies for life. Why else would they run up to each other and unleash a shock wave inducing fist bump of friendship.

Am I wrong? :troll:

SmashingXan2

Smash Journeyman
Not only that but it's like BKuppa said a few days ago. There's been zero references to K. Rools absence mentioned on the promotional side of things.. Nintendo's official Twitter and Facebook page act like he never went anywhere. Everywhere I look from them it says Donkey Kongs fearsome foe, or his arch nemesis. There's no dumb little quips like saying "blast from the past" or "DKs classic foe". It's like K. Rool never went anywhere
That could be a good sign

ChosenZelos

Smash Apprentice
Been a while since I've posted! (Not since the Wii U days and the dreams of him getting in via the ballot)

I've been hardcore lurking this thread, figured I'd finally return. I've never been so hyped in my life. His trailer was amazing.

HE'S BACK BABY HAIL TO THE KING, WE DID IT, DREAMS NEVER DIE

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
Man, everybody is celebrating King K. Rool's return. Nintendo, the fans, the old Croc's original developers.

Mod Edit: if you think something is inappropriate for the site your probably better off just not posting about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wambo

Smash Ace
Rivals? It's pretty clear that DK and K. Rool made up and are now jungle buddies for life. Why else would they run up to each other and unleash a shock wave inducing fist bump of friendship.

Am I the only one who didn't feel like there was "rivalry" in that scene where they were running at each other? If I remember correctly, DK and K.Rool both began to crack a smile if you pause through the frames.

I feel like they're both happy to be back at it again. :>

PPNY

Smash Journeyman
Man i really hope we get that new Gangplank remix soon. Its such an upgrade from Brawls, which I always felt was super underwhelming. Honestly now that K.rool is in, I really can rest easy, and I really dont have much worries about who comes next. I think before I was constantly upset about the idea of more FE characters because i constantly hated the idea that they kept getting blue haired anime characters, while my long awaited Lizard King kept getting shafted, but now its all behind me and I really dont have a care in the world.

Even so, my heart goes out to Dixie fans, Bandanna Dee fans and Geno fans.

Like i said before, I feel Chrome being a Roy clone but stealing Ike's up B has greatly increased the likely hood of Dixie being in, now that she can be a Diddy echo but with DK's up B. It would of been nice for her to be her own character, but like how Metroid got its fourth rep in Echo Dark samus, I feel Sakurai will round out the DK series at 4 with Echo Dixie.

Kirby is another one of my favorite franchises and so I just want them to get another rep no matter what. However most characters from the series are one off's and rarely get much outside of cameo's once their base game is complete. So Bandanna Dee fits the role of recognizable 4th character Kirby rep the most, even if /v/ loves using that whole "Goomba with a hat".

Geno is the only one that I hope for purely for the fans of the character. Honestly I love Mario RPG, and Geno I do enjoy, but my desire to see him in isint all that high really. Still he has fun move potential. Iikely the only reason he didnt get in 4 was because Square was only going to get one rep cause it was closing to the games life cycle, and while Geno would of been another awesome character for a Mario like rep, it would of been a pretty bad deal for Square, since geno wouldnt really represent any of their games and such. So I feel his chances this time due to multi 3rd party reps is much higher.

Hope those fans reading this thread get what they want, you have my full support.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Figured I'd come to the official thread to congratulate all the K. Rool supporters. I still remember the moment he was shown as a mii costume in Smash 4 and how disappointed everyone here was. Well now all that paid off and you can laugh at the detractors forever. Hell, even K. Rool's official render has this smug "I told you so" look to it lol.

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
Hey guys!

See you got a nice brand spanking-new Character Section to house your previous support topic now turned Social Topic! Lookin' good!

Just a simple congrats from a guy who gets to enjoy the 2-month old but still sparklin' new Ridley-themed Character section. (It's over there -->)

King K. Rool Character Section.
Ridley Character Section.

Kutthroats and Space Pirates enjoying the blessed good life after literally over a decade of campaigning...

Here's a memento from now past days... (Remember when Ridley gained weight? lololol)

And now look at us!

Yeah... Let the good times roll. :)

EDIT - Is there a reason I can't post more than one pic? Is that some new rule? It's ruining my fun. :( Oh well, just turned it into a regular link.

Last edited:

Sir_Killz

Smash Cadet
Hello all! I haven't been around these parts much but figured I needed to pop in for a brief bit of celebration since the King finally made it. I compiled a bit of a fan edit that bridges the references from the new trailer to the old games. I'm sure I missed a few but I tried go peace by peace.

Anyway, I just wanted to say how seriously awesome this whole thing has been. I don't want to sit and claim I've been waiting 10+ years like some of the amazing folks in here, but I've definitely been looking forward to the King's return since the beginning of Smash 4. Kongrats to everyone! What amazing love for such an amazing character.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
So, I haven’t been keeping up with this thread since I’ve been looking for videos about K. Room and such, but I noticed something small that might be worth mentioning(hoping no one caught on yet so this will be new).

At the end of K. Rool’s reveal trailer, he is on the ground seemingly defeated. He manages to crawl away(so he has a crawl) and comes back giant and seems to perform his down smash, which buried the Kongs.

However, I didn’t see the gleam or flash that accompanies smash attacks. So, K. Rool seems to have a down tilt that buries.

DeadlyLampshade

Smash Apprentice
Once my boy Ridley got in, there was zero doubt in my mind they we were gonna get King K. Rool, the big green lizard is just such a large goof that there was absolutely no way he wasn't gonna appear while Sakurai was targeting high ranking picks.

And he is absolutely perfect here, he's a quirky heavy with a projectile game, a good recovery, and a counter move; A first for true heavies in the game.

I love the trailer revealing him, his pompous, grandiose attitude, the fact that he does a backbreaker on Mewtwo in the trailer revealing him, he's just great. I cant wait to unlock this dude in the game when it comes out and play this big goofy lizard myself.

SSB4 Roy Pharae

Smash Apprentice
If there's a King K. Rool discord, I would love to join.

I can somehow picture this, to be honest. And can't deny that the clash was just epic and his remixed theme went perfectly all around. I've had a similar thought with Mario Super Sluggers in the past with the Kongs and Kremlings getting along and playing a good game of Baseball.

You've given me an idea there, like Donkey Kong and King K. Rool teaming up in a boxing arena, I may go for something like that in the future.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
There's now a thread in the subforum about a Discord, and Warlord posted an invite link to it in there. We'll probably have a more permanent location for the link soon.

Man i really hope we get that new Gangplank remix soon. Its such an upgrade from Brawls, which I always felt was super underwhelming. Honestly now that K.rool is in, I really can rest easy, and I really dont have much worries about who comes next. I think before I was constantly upset about the idea of more FE characters because i constantly hated the idea that they kept getting blue haired anime characters, while my long awaited Lizard King kept getting shafted, but now its all behind me and I really dont have a care in the world.

Even so, my heart goes out to Dixie fans, Bandanna Dee fans and Geno fans.

Like i said before, I feel Chrome being a Roy clone but stealing Ike's up B has greatly increased the likely hood of Dixie being in, now that she can be a Diddy echo but with DK's up B. It would of been nice for her to be her own character, but like how Metroid got its fourth rep in Echo Dark samus, I feel Sakurai will round out the DK series at 4 with Echo Dixie.

Kirby is another one of my favorite franchises and so I just want them to get another rep no matter what. However most characters from the series are one off's and rarely get much outside of cameo's once their base game is complete. So Bandanna Dee fits the role of recognizable 4th character Kirby rep the most, even if /v/ loves using that whole "Goomba with a hat".

Geno is the only one that I hope for purely for the fans of the character. Honestly I love Mario RPG, and Geno I do enjoy, but my desire to see him in isint all that high really. Still he has fun move potential. Iikely the only reason he didnt get in 4 was because Square was only going to get one rep cause it was closing to the games life cycle, and while Geno would of been another awesome character for a Mario like rep, it would of been a pretty bad deal for Square, since geno wouldnt really represent any of their games and such. So I feel his chances this time due to multi 3rd party reps is much higher.

Hope those fans reading this thread get what they want, you have my full support.
Brawl's remix was ok but this? This is incredible. This is the Gangplank Galleon official remix I've been waiting for and dreaming of. I just hope we also get Crocodile Cacophony.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Complete? How can it be complete if we don't have Kiddy Kong as a DK echo? :troll:
All joking aside, when you think about it, the Kongs themselves overall wouldn't take up too much space compared to other series, even when you ignore support ones like Wrinkly (who is already dead) and Swanky. We now have the one Kremling that matters, too.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
During the DK/K Rool brofist moment, did Diddy actually do anything that could cause such bad***ery?

volbound1700

Smash Master
I pretty much think that KRool's return in Smash is also setting him up for a return in Donkey Kong Country Returns Series. I would be surprised if he isn't the main villain of the third entry.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
It's krazy how King K. Rool only got in because of us speaking out and voting for him in the ballot. Without us he would still be missing right now.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
King K. Rool is now selectable as a main on your profile. The icon doesn't seem to be working properly yet though.

Pakky

Smash Hero
It took a awhile but I made it back here!

We have won holy crap, we and our space brothers have WON!

SeasideKingDumb

Smash Apprentice
I am honestly so excited to play as King K. Rool. His entire moveset is like a love letter to all the people who wanted him in. It really does feel like Sakurai and the team read EVERY ballot message and made the best possible moveset they could, even referencing the first Donkey Kong Land of all things.

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
At the end of K. Rool’s reveal trailer, he is on the ground seemingly defeated. He manages to crawl away(so he has a crawl) and comes back giant and seems to perform his down smash, which buried the Kongs.
I don't believe that's actually him crawling. I think that's just his getting up animation. You see him start to rise near the end of the animation which is inconsistent with crawling.

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
It is kinda neat that 90s nostalgia is finally being acknowledged by Nintendo. Also, I know DKC was never a big deal in Japan so everything about this is a bit of a shift.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I wonder if they made Bowser less beastly so that K. Rool could take his more monstrous qualities.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Two days later and still doesn't feel real. I get goosebumps every time watch that trailer when K. Rool is fully revealed and seeing that ending clash in front of the sun. It's truly amazing. Plus seeing his official render make me smile ear to ear every time. Because of all us Kutthroats, K. Rool made a glorious return.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Honestly, King K. Rool wouldn't be a bad character for free-for-alls. I never played a DK game with him in it, but he isn't bad, I suppose.

Now I can have :ultbowser::ultganondorf::ultkingdedede::ultwolf::ultridley::ultbowserjr::ultmewtwo::ultmetaknight: all face off, with King K. Rool too (8-Player Smash)!

Also, Chandeelure Chandeelure , where did you find that GIF in your signature? It's so . . . morbid. I like it!

Top Bottom