• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
LOL! This gave me a huge laugh because I was thinking of this clip the other day. Can't remember what it was about. But it gave me a laugh.
Yeah I thought of it instantly lol. It's too relevant.
You sir... Are correct, and believe me I hear you, last couple of days Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Has been the last thing on my mind as I was dealing with other stuff. I'm excited about the news, but I'll wait paintent like till it comes. King K. Rool has a high chance and I hope I see his mug in the game. Till then I have to wait that's all I can do for now.

Also if your a Waluigi supporter sorry he didn't get in hope he has his chance one day! Wahhh!
Yeah I am a big Waluigi supporter. That was the ONLY blemish in a terrific E3 presentation. When K. Rool gets in, Waluigi will move to the top spot. Until then, at least there is mods available to play as Waluigi.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium

PPNY

Smash Journeyman
The discussion got a touch heated today it seems, but I cant help but say I can agree with both sides. K.Rool's Mii costume atleast let us know that Sakurai had some understanding that the Kroc had way more popularity then he thought, but at the same time, the DK franchise has suffered so much injustice in the smash series as a whole. What I hate is people almost always act as if your not allowed to critique any of Sakurai's moves. Its always "Your asking for way too much, dont you realize how much he puts into these games? He almost kills himself with overtime and stress." Now I can speak for the stress part necessarily, I can understand its a huge game to undertake, but honestly, I never asked this guy to put himself on the brink of death for me. If he needs longer on the game to make it perfect, I really dont mind if they need to push back the release date a few months or so.

Really the point is, Sakurai seems to have strong bais when it comes to series and even characters. I dont know if its only me, but DK's Up special and Side Special, while not bad in any regular means, have always upset me. His side B could be rolling a barrel across the ground like in his old Arcade games, or up B could be getting in a launch barrel and being shot out in a ball of gorilla fury. I know he has reasons for them, and maybe to him it feels wrong to change such an iconic moveset up, but those two B specials really have never had anything to do with DK in any of his games.

I am also really upset that none of the Animal Buddies have appeared as an assist trophy, or hell even their own item. Just imagine, a box with the animal silhouette appears, you jump on it, and out pops Rambi, or Squawks, or Squitter. Your character jumps on them and for a short amount of time you ride them like you would in the game.

I'de really like to imagine that Ultimate would do for the DK series what it did for Metroid and Ridley. Metroid may not be the most consistently made nintendo game, but it sits nicely with 3 characters, and I still feel that DK games come out enough where they deserve at least 3 to 4 reps. The hardest part is feeling like we can get both, just because the newcomers could be such a small amount, Sakurai might not want to dedicate two characters to one series. It honestly does sometimes have me worried that he might make Dixie an Echo despite the fact she shouldn't be. Considering it took 4 games for Ganondorf to use his sword, and he still isint that great of a representative of what he is like in his game, it really hampers my dreams of getting both K.rool and at least semi cloned Dixie.

D

Deleted member

Some of this does sound like it could be true, but my goodness. Is this fake beyond belief, sigh least King K. Rool, Isaac, and Bandana Dee are in it. And yes taking inspiration from his different personas is how I see K. Rool playing if and when he gets in blunderbuss, helicopter pack boxing gloves ECT.

But yes no doubt fake.

Hopefully we get some news in August think the direct thing means nothing. But who knows.

Last edited by a moderator:

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
And this is why we are anxious for Smash news. To slow the income of fake text leaks. They are starting to get somewhat obnoxius. And its almost like the leaker is reading us Sakurai's secret diary to have such an insider info.
But whatever. It has K. Rool in it, so it doesn't get me that angry. Moving on, moving on...

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
And this is why we are anxious for Smash news. To slow the income of fake text leaks. They are starting to get somewhat obnoxius. And its almost like the leaker is reading us Sakurai's secret diary to have such an insider info.
But whatever. It has K. Rool in it, so it doesn't get me that angry. Moving on, moving on...
I'm sure someone could sneak into his office and acquire it.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
I know that snapshot with K. Rool lying down. That's a Smash Wii U skin-mod made by a connection of mine I met on KCMM. Fake as it gets.

D

Deleted member

I know that snapshot with K. Rool lying down. That's a Smash Wii U skin-mod made by a connection of mine I met on KCMM. Fake as it gets.
Thanks for clarifying another fake bites the dust. Still it is really well done and good to see the two most requested DKC newcomers with DK and Diddy is cool. It's a good mod.

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
All right so let's say someone stole Sakurai's diary. What then? And also, are we to believe that there are no other interesting things in his private life other than who will be in Smash Ultimate?

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Yeah, too specific to be true.

But it makes me think. Maybe someone should write an entire fanfic on Sakurai deciding who is going to be in each Smash game.

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
No real leaker is gonna know Sakurai's thought process or the legal mumbo-jumbo that goes on behind the scenes of getting third parties in the game. Bringing up either of those or outright saying you know the entire roster is just not gonna fly when we know how cagey Sakurai is with his plans and how upsetting leaks are for him.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
No real leaker is gonna know Sakurai's thought process or the legal mumbo-jumbo that goes on behind the scenes of getting third parties in the game. Bringing up either of those or outright saying you know the entire roster is just not gonna fly when we know how cagey Sakurai is with his plans and how upsetting leaks are for him.
And then suddenly we get an unprecedented leak from a third party's contract lawyer. :p

Kaptain K. Roolenstein

Smash Apprentice
So now that there's a possibility of Snake and K. Rool being in the same game, anyone ever think of what a codec conversation regarding K. Rool would be like? I like to imagine that Snake is thinking about making a crocodile cap out of him but his support team are disturbed by the manic expression that particular cap would give off. If K. Rool's moveset incorporates his blunderbuss, Snake, being a gun fanatic, would be perplexed at how the gun works and also be fascinated by it. The support team would warn Snake to watch his back because of how sneaky K. Rool can be, feigning defeat so he can attack when his opponent's back is turned and how he wears "not so clever disguises."

I doubt the codec conversations would return this time but it was fun to think about.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Out of all the new characters that may be coming to Ultimate. If they could just announce K. Rool first then I can actually enjoy my ride on the hype train. Rather than worrying if my hype for K. Rool is gonna crash and burn. The lack of news for the month of July has been baffling = /

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
It's like waiting for a friend in hospital and you don't know if they're going to make it.

D

Deleted member

Meh, all this stuff is amusing, but also enjoyable, the leaks, I mean, I don't believe any of them, but they provide some good form of entertainment.

News will come eventually. Till then I'll wait all hidden in the shadows.

Awaiting news. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is gonna be great, but I'll wait till the news arrives.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord

Do you guys think K. Rool should have claws or not? The K. Rool from DKC1-3 did not have any claws. However, in DK64, he had claws in-game. But in the official artwork, he lacked them like the original trilogy.

The Paon design uses claws everywhere. I think that's one of the few things I like about the Paon design. A crocodile should have claws. At the same time, perhaps not having claws despite being a crocodile sort of fits K. Rool's character. Unlike Bowser, he can't swipe at you and scratch you. It would be more of a slap. That's why he resorts to all his gadgets and gimmicks.

StormC

Smash Hero
I kinda like him not having claws just to differentiate him a bit more from Bowser.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
"- K Rool was another very popular character worldwide, though less so in Japan than other regions."

fake. we know K. Rool is really popular in Japan :glare: also some of the things this guy "knows" seem very suspicious.
To be fair we have no indication that Push's cursory analysis had a great enough sample size.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
If they could focus on his original trilogy design then that would be ideal. There are too many characters with claw attacks. K. Rool doesnt need claws. He has a throwable crown, a blunderbuss, gadgets, cannonballs, AND a pair of boxing gloves. What’s this claws you speak of?

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
Yes, the Paon trilogy, I couldn't agree more AIM0001.

He definitely needs claws. His hands look like those of some kind of laborer or Frankenstein without them.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If they could focus on his original trilogy design then that would be ideal. There are too many characters with claw attacks. K. Rool doesnt need claws. He has a throwable crown, a blunderbuss, gadgets, cannonballs, AND a pair of boxing gloves. What’s this claws you speak of?
Claws are a natural part of his anatomy, so I don't really see a reason for him not to use them. He doesn't need to be like Mr. Game & Watch or Villager where he takes out a new tool for each attack. A few claw attacks make sense to me.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Aesthetically, yes, I think he needs the claws. I never noticed he didn't have them in official renders, I always figured he did cause he had them in DK64. I agree with Snowmad, he looks...weird without them.

But he doesn't really need to use them for attacks. He never does in game. But hey, if you gotta fill out some standard attacks, why not use what ya got?

MainJPW

M.T.A
His clawless hands look weird like they don't exactly belong on his body. I'd say keep the claws since I think they go with his design better.
He definitely needs claws. His hands look like those of some kind of laborer or Frankenstein without them.
The fingers remind me of this:

It just doesn't look great IMO. The claws make him look more powerful.

Draugen

Smash Apprentice
Unpopular opinion, but if K. Rool will be playable this time (I am pretty confident he will), I don't see him using so much of those gadgets. I believe he will have one or another reference from the Rare games, being the most likely the crown-throwing and his gun, but I imagine Sakurai would use his Paon design, specially because he seems more of a brawler. I'd love to see K. Rool going bananas with punches and the like!

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
Aesthetically, yes, I think he needs the claws. I never noticed he didn't have them in official renders, I always figured he did cause he had them in DK64. I agree with Snowmad, he looks...weird without them.

But he doesn't really need to use them for attacks. He never does in game. But hey, if you gotta fill out some standard attacks, why not use what ya got?
I agree; just an aesthetic detail is fine. He could still use his boxing gloves for a nuetral, and bombs, his electric beams, his cape, his tail, and his crown for all of his moves that don't fill themselves in.

StormC

Smash Hero
Unpopular opinion, but if K. Rool will be playable this time (I am pretty confident he will), I don't see him using so much of those gadgets. I believe he will have one or another reference from the Rare games, being the most likely the crown-throwing and his gun, but I imagine Sakurai would use his Paon design, specially because he seems more of a brawler. I'd love to see K. Rool going bananas with punches and the like!
Then why didn't Sakurai use the Paon design for the costume?

AIM0001

Smash Lord

Agreed. Im sure they can use claws to fill in some smash attacks or air attacks etc. but let’s not forget what made his boss battles so good. The fact that he was always a different “character” using whatever he can to defeat you. That being said I’d rather him punch combo and maybe do a final scratch but just keep it to a minimum.

Top Bottom