• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Today's update seems to be Marth, based on the Japanese site version. So much for that leak for K. Rool on July 9.

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
Today's update seems to be Marth, based on the Japanese site version. So much for that leak for K. Rool on July 9.
*dons tinfoil hat* Ah, but the blog post clearly states 07/08. Clearly we'll be getting K. Rool tomorrow /s

I didn't put any stock into that anyway. So, how many fake leaks does that disprove?
A hell of a lot of them.

jonesb42

Smash Rookie
I'm going to show my ignorance here, but having never really been a DK fan, what do you all speculate K Rool's moveset would look like? At worst, I worry he'd almost be the same as DK (big heavy character that punches/claws things). What do you all think might be some cool moves that would make him unique?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I'm going to show my ignorance here, but having never really been a DK fan, what do you all speculate K Rool's moveset would look like? At worst, I worry he'd almost be the same as DK (big heavy character that punches/claws things). What do you all think might be some cool moves that would make him unique?
The crown throw
His blunderbust (gun)
His helipack
Shockwave attack

Lots of possibilities my friend

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Wow I can't believe some of ya'll actually believed those "leaks" not to mention actually expected them to just casually drop K.Rool as a new playable character as part of a daily blog post and not in a trailer debuting in a direct or at a convention of some sort. Hell even if they did just drop the trailer on the site there would've been announcement for it hyping it up..

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Wow I can't believe some of ya'll actually believed those "leaks" not to mention actually expected them to just casually drop K.Rool as a new playable character as part of a daily blog post and not in a trailer debuting in a direct or at a convention of some sort. Hell even if they did just drop the trailer on the site there would've been announcement for it hyping it up..
I didn't fall for it, mainly because I didn't care much, since I knew it was likely a fake, anyway.

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
I don't think (or at least I'd like to think) anyone actually believed them. It was more just a 1% possibility to be considered, as you never know where among all the hundreds of fakes a Gematsu or a Vergeben will pop up.

Also to counter your point they announced Lucina/Robin last time not in a Direct. It was still a livestream that was announced beforehand, but it wasn't a Direct or E3 or anything like that; not to mention they did drop newcomers on the blog all the time back in the Brawl days.

Mariomaniac45213

Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I didn't fall for it, mainly because I didn't care much, since I knew it was likely a fake, anyway.
Good to hear we still have SDCC, Pax West, Tokyo Game Show, Game Awards 2018, inevitable Fall/Winter Nintendo Direct, we'll probably get another Smash Bros focused direct this year (yes I'm counting Nintendo's "E3" direct as a Smash direct). Not to mention they could still do the Lucina/Robin livestream thing again. Plenty of places left this year before the game releases for new character announcements. We just gotta be patient.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
We are just that bored and we pretty much discussed multiple times everything there was to discuss about King K. Rool since Smash Bros. Wii U pre-release. All we can do is take any possible sign of news, even if its the fakest of leaks, and cling to that 0.0047% chance of it being real.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
I really wasn’t ever expecting the July 9th leak to hold any real truth. Claiming to know newcomer reveals right down to their exact date i usually a fool’s gambit, and I’ve made a habit of laughing off any and all anonymous text leaks.

-but I’d be lying if there wasn’t the tiiiiiniest flicker of hope in me that they somehow might have had something after all...

To be fair, it wouldn’t be the first time we see multiple blog posts in one day... :estatic:

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
If there were to show Krool, it would be in the usual November Direct. Think about it. Why blow your biggest reveal early when you can show it right before release for ULTRA-HYPE!!!

Mariomaniac45213

Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
If there were to show Krool, it would be in the usual November Direct. Think about it. Why blow your biggest reveal early when you can show it right before release for ULTRA-HYPE!!!
Or as I stated above show him as the last reveal during The Game Awards which airs a day before the game releases if you REALLY wanted to wait last minute for ultra hype. ;) lol

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Good to hear we still have SDCC, Pax West, Tokyo Game Show, Game Awards 2018, inevitable Fall/Winter Nintendo Direct, we'll probably get another Smash Bros focused direct this year (yes I'm counting Nintendo's "E3" direct as a Smash direct). Not to mention they could still do the Lucina/Robin livestream thing again. Plenty of places left this year before the game releases for new character announcements. We just gotta be patient.
That's great and all, but when has Nintendo revealed anything at SDCC and Pax West?

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Other than weight, K. Rool would be nothing like Donkey Kong. He'd use plenty of tricky gadgets, like his blunderbuss and helicopter pack.

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
Guys the leak said July 9th. On the website, the date of the post saids July 8th, not the 9th. That isn't the July 9th post according to the website. Look again. I still don't think it matters anymore and i don't believe the leak but I just wanted to point that out. The july 9th post still hasn't been updated

Screen Shot 2018-07-08 at 10.16.36 PM.png

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Guys the leak said July 9th. On the website, the date of the post saids July 8th, not the 9th. That isn't the July 9th post according to the website. Look again. I still don't think it matters anymore and i don't believe the leak but I just wanted to point that out. The july 9th post still hasn't been updated

View attachment 152144
The Japanese 7/9 is up is what people are saying

But hey, it could be the US time update the leak was referring to

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I mean we can wait till tomorrow to call it officially dead. I mean the leak will be just as fake tomorrow as it is today.

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
The Japanese 7/9 is up is what people are saying

But hey, it could be the US time update the leak was referring to
Do you know what the update is for the japanese then?

yea the leak is dead guys :/ I knew it was to good to be true but I have no idea what this is.

Screen Shot 2018-07-08 at 10.34.18 PM.png

its just a fire emblem memory thing.

• 【Today's Memories】 21: Mars
    first appearance work was "Fire Emblem Dark Dragon and Light Sword" released in 1990 for NES.
    By the way, "Fire Emblem Flower Snow Moon" for Nintendo Switch announced last month at E3 will be released in the spring of 2019!

CrimsonFireWolf

Smash Cadet
NNID
CrimsonFireWolf
3DS FC
0490-5298-4357
Switch FC
5802 6387 3309
well the other ones are still alive because they said it was around like the 21st of this month

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio
its just a fire emblem memory thing.

• 【Today's Memories】 21: Mars
    first appearance work was "Fire Emblem Dark Dragon and Light Sword" released in 1990 for NES.
    By the way, "Fire Emblem Flower Snow Moon" for Nintendo Switch announced last month at E3 will be released in the spring of 2019!
Does this possibly confirm that Marth is getting an alternate costume based on that game (if not then putting that piece of info on there is a massive waste of time/thought)!

Seriously Smash Ultimate Team! JUST GIVE ALL OF US A ****IN UPDATE THAT ACTUALLY CONTAINS SOMETHING NEW FOR SMASH ULTIMATE AND ISN'T SOMETHING WE ALREADY ****IN SAW IN THE E3 SMASH DRIECT DIRECT/SMASH WEBSITE CHARACTER TRAILER FOR ****S SAKE (I PERSONALLY DON'T GIVE A **** WHAT IT IS)!

EITHER THAT OR DON'T CONTINUE THE BLOG AT ALL (CONSIDERING THE FACT THAT IT'S JUST OBVIOUS INFORMATION WE ALREADY ****IN KNOW)!

Last edited:

coolmancool

Smash Cadet
I'm all for K.Rool in Smash Ultimate. Since Ridley was my number 1 choice, and well, he's in, I have to cheer to my second choice, K.Rool.

Also, the Smash Blog seem to be broken for me, I don't the update on any language.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
What doesn't he do. He's got so many moves to choose from, few K. Rool movesets are alike.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
I swear if there's yet another Jungle Hijinks remix in Ultimate but no Forest Interlude or more Diddy Kong's Quest/Tropical Freeze music, i'm gonna go bananas, the bad way.

Jimmy42893

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jimmy42893
Here are the moves from his source material I can think of off the top of my head.

From Donkey Kong Country and Donkey Kong Land (in which he wore his traditional crown and cape outfit):
  • He threw his crown like a boomerang.
  • He charged around the stage at various speeds.
  • He jumped around the stage (think a more mobile Bowser Bomb).
  • He made cannonballs rain down from the sky.
  • He played dead in the middle of his boss battle, causing fake credits ("The Kredits") to run, only to get back up and resume the battle.
  • He had a diverse army of baddies including (but not limited to) beavers, armadillos, bees, aquatic life, and of course, crocodiles in various shapes, sizes, and colors. Several of these enemies were spawned by oil drums, so the idea has been thrown around that he could drop an oil drum in smash that could spawn enemies. (This wasn't a move he used in the original game, however.)
From Donkey Kong Country 2 and Donkey Kong Land 2 (in which he dressed up as a pirate and donned the persona of "Kaptain K. Rool")
  • He wielded a blunderbuss, which he used to shoot five different types of projectiles: cannonballs (which could be picked up and thrown), spiked cannonballs (which could not), barrels (which could be broken and had things inside), blue gas (which froze the player), and pink gas (which reversed the player's controls).
  • He used his blunderbuss as a jet to propel himself around the stage.
  • He used his blunderbuss as a vacuum to suck in the player. (If the player threw a cannonball into the blunderbuss while it was vacuuming, it would jam, backfire, and explode, launching the cannonball back out at a much faster speed.)
  • He used his blunderbuss to whack the player if the player got too close.
  • He turned himself invisible at will.
  • He repeatedly played dead again.
Donkey Kong Country 3 and Donkey Kong Land 3 (in which he dressed up as a mad scientist and donned the persona of "Baron K. Roolenstein")
  • He had a little helicopter backpack thing that let him fly around the stage.
  • He had a remote control that let him operate a machine in the stage, creating a lightning-based stage hazard. (DKC3 only.)
  • He threw bombs at the player. (DKL3 only.)
Donkey Kong 64 (in which he dressed as a Boxer and donned the persona of "King Krusha K. Rool")
  • He had a giant mechanical island-sized laser cannon strong enough to destroy DK Island. (Cutscene only.)
  • He had a smaller getaway airship shaped like a crocodile. (Cutscene only.)
  • He used a ground pound that created shockwaves which spread out on the ground around him.
  • He punched with his boxing gloves.
  • He threw his boxing gloves like a boomerang.
  • He charged like a bull.
  • He turned invisible again.
  • He played dead again. (Post-fight, during a cutscene.)
  • He waved to the crowd and yelled "Yeah, thank you!" (Potential taunt.)
From Mario Super Sluggers (in which he dressed up as a Mayan king):
  • He swung his kingly scepter as a bat.
He also appeared in DK King of Swing and DK Jungle Climber, and I'm pretty sure he had a flying car in one and turned gigantic in the other, but admittedly I haven't played these in a LONG time and don't remember them that well. (They were never my favorites.)

But anyway, that's everything off the top of my head. I personally don't think it sounds too much like DK's moveset. :laugh:

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
you guys really think that k.rool will be reveal via blog site?

.... newcomer will be in direct. mini direct . before updated in the blog website

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Well I mean, the "leaker" clearly speaks English; he would likely be referencing the English site's date.

This may be grasping at straws, and I personally never believed it in the first place, but technically it's not deconfirmed... yet.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
In Jungle Climber, K. Rool also throws spiked balls (which are similar to the spiked cannonballs from his DKC2 fight) and breathes fireballs (after becoming gigantic in size). Highly doubt any of that would make it into his moveset, but it's there to work with if Sakurai wanted to.

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
Thanks! I considered including his stellar singing/dancing abilities from the TV show, but I didn't want to make him seem too OP. :grin:
I was actually just watching the episode where he reveals that he attended Sore Buns dancing school. He also confirms that he doesn't have ears which seems strange, but maybe all the erratic hand gestures in that show are actually sign language.

Top Bottom