• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

Enchess

Smash Lord
interesting. sakurai would have to announce something. I would like k rool to get confirmed but you shouldn't do it just with a picture of the day. you need an audience and a full trailer. I think sakurai is going to doing something similar to how robin's reveal trailer was. he'll be like "hello everyone, I like to share some special information about ultimate. please tune in at 9:00 a.m". I want the world to react if he is in
Well, there is an event on the 8th. If the leaker was legit they might only know about the blog dates and it'd make sense to have his blog post the next day. I don't expect them to announce first through blog. Basically, I'm taking this leak as plausible but unlikely for now. If sometime between now and June 5th (the start of event) Nintendo does an announcement of a stream or anything, it'll make it seem a whole lot more likely.

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
Well, there is an event on the 8th. If the leaker was legit they might only know about the blog dates and it'd make sense to have his blog post the next day. I don't expect them to announce first through blog. Basically, I'm taking this leak as plausible but unlikely for now. If sometime between now and June 5th (the start of event) Nintendo does an announcement of a stream or anything, it'll make it seem a whole lot more likely.
reminds me of how Pac man got revealed. where can I watch this event?

Enchess

Smash Lord
reminds me of how Pac man got revealed. where can I watch this event?
For now, I don't think it's something you can watch. It's just a big convention like ComicCon or PAX that Nintendo is now going to be bringing Smash Ultimate to. But I can see them using it as an excuse to announce a character. A lot of people are expecting one character a month and I'm not aware of another event in July they could announce at. I don't see them doing a direct so soon after E3 (not sure if they have before) and it'd be weird to do an announcement on a random week.

Gobliiin

Smash Apprentice
I know someone said earlier that they didn't enjoy it but I'm liking how pretty much everyone has finally come to terms with the fact K. Rool is the next most likely and logical choice. For 'leaks' to seem real or credible they have to have K. Rool like pretty much what was happening with Ridley and inkling from Smash 4 to now.

Obviously it has no relation to who actually is in the game but the hype and mentioning of K. Rool has clearly shot up dramatically recently especially since E3 and the trailer. Even the disapproval or hate for him has seemingly become a lot less vocal from what I've seen or at least is being drowned out by far more people supporting him now than before. I just think its another good sign overall.

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
For now, I don't think it's something you can watch. It's just a big convention like ComicCon or PAX that Nintendo is now going to be bringing Smash Ultimate to. But I can see them using it as an excuse to announce a character. A lot of people are expecting one character a month and I'm not aware of another event in July they could announce at. I don't see them doing a direct so soon after E3 (not sure if they have before) and it'd be weird to do an announcement on a random week.
I would like to see k rools trailer first before I know he's in the game

Zema

Smash Journeyman
K. Rool is my second most wanted character after Geno. I've never played DKC, but something about K. Rool's design is very charismatic to me. I'm rooting for his inclusion, and I hope come December 7th we can all feel some of the joy the Ridley fans felt.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135

StormC

Smash Hero
The idea that all this could be over for us in two weeks is too good to be true.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Wait...everyone is accounted for except the reveal on November 17th...

What the hell is ball brownie supposed to be?!
I think it's supposed to be a Minecraft block. There was a text version of this leak posted on 4chan that had Steve and a Gen 7 rep for November.

The original said they had no idea about November, which leads me to believe, if they're in any way legit, the latter is just copying them.

Enchess

Smash Lord
Wait...everyone is accounted for except the reveal on November 17th...

What the hell is ball brownie supposed to be?!
So they moved Saki to Nov 17.. hm.. (misread, ignore this part)

The ball makes me think Monkey Ball for some reason even though that doesn't make sense..

Anybody with Rhythm Heaven knowledge able to make a connection maybe?

Oh ****, the balls are capsules. That makes it seem Pokemon related... Hm...

EDIT: Ok, so with the above post, the brownie is Minecraft and the capsule is pokemon

Last edited:

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Ah, two newcomers. I kept putting them together.

Although I thought the original leak for Ridley stated we wouldn't get Steve as a character, just representation of some kind, like a trophy or stage?

Either way, not holding my breath. Let's see if they announce some sort of mini direct in the next week or so.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Ah, two newcomers. I kept putting them together.

Although I thought the original leak for Ridley stated we wouldn't get Steve as a character, just representation of some kind, like a trophy or stage?

Either way, not holding my breath. Let's see if they announce some sort of mini direct in the next week or so.
They're different leaks. Vergeben said we "may" get a minecraft stage or something.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
UH, Guys??

WE GOT ANOTHER ONE!

https://imgur.com/a/AvzKoDJ

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/422277774

Thats the SECOND july leak!
Another image clues leak

1. King k rool

2. Isaac

3. Simon belmont

4. Travis touchdown

5. A Pokémon and minecraft perhaps?

6. Elma

But lack of Dixie kong but king k rool is in and no mention of echos screams bogus

Travis is believable because suda51 definatly still wants him in smash ultimate he even said he might barge in and insist on Travis

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
But lack of Dixie kong but king k rool is in and no mention of echos screams bogus

Travis is believable because suda51 definatly still wants him in smash ultimate he even said he might barge in and insist on Travis
Of course the leak is crap but it's very possible K Rool makes it and Dixie doesn't. They are not a package deal and getting one does not secure the other. Also the leaker could only be leaking non echo characters assuming it wasn't complete crap.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Of course the leak is crap but it's very possible K Rool makes it and Dixie doesn't. They are not a package deal and getting one does not secure the other. Also the leaker could only be leaking non echo characters assuming it wasn't complete crap.
It's worse

They gave exact dates those are next to never correct in leaks

StormC

Smash Hero
Yeah, I think K. Rool and no Dixie is very feasible if there's only a few characters to be added. It depends on if Dixie can be an echo fighter, or if the roster is big enough that Sakurai adds two unique DK newcomers.

If there's 7-8 non-echo newcomers, I think K. Rool/Dixie is possible. Otherwise my gut feeling is it'll be one.

Last edited:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Another image clues leak

1. King k rool

2. Isaac

3. Simon belmont

4. Travis touchdown

6. Elma

Wouldn't number 4 be Saki from Sin & Punishment?

And then 6 is probably a Gen 7 Rep and Steve.

Not that I believe the leak, but hey, you never know.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I don't know.... leaks that have dates are usually bogus... how would the leaker know when Sakurai is going to reveal something? Plus this one sort of seems like playing off that old Imgur leak but tailored to the "not many newcomers" thing...

Plus I don't think Steve from Minecraft is getting into Smash Bros. I understand that Vergbegen guy said MC will appear in some capacity but a stage seems more plausible, it's the same case with that leak that said Rash from battle toads would be in over Banjo... I can't see any other MS owned property getting in over Banjo. He's only been asked for since Smash 4 and is clearly the most wanted MS newcomer. I cant see Sakurai ignoring that for Steve. Not that I think Steve is unworthy Minecraft is super iconic and deserves a shout out but i don't think you'll see a Minecraft "represenative"

Last edited:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I don't know.... leaks that have dates are usually bogus... how would the leaker know when Sakurai is going to reveal something? Plus this one sort of seems like playing off that old Imgur leak but tailored to the "not many newcomers" thing...

Plus I don't think Steve from Minecraft is getting into Smash Bros. I understand that Vergbegen guy said MC will appear in some capacity but a stage seems more plausible, it's the same case with that leak that said Rash from battle toads would be in over Banjo... I can't see any other MS owned property getting in over Banjo. He's only been asked for since Smash 4 and is clearly the most wanted MS newcomer. I cant see Sakurai ignoring that for Steve. Not that I don't think Steve is unworthy Minecraft is super iconic and deserves a shout out but in don't think you'll see a Minecraft "represenative"
It’s like 99.99% BS. But playing devil’s advocate, the “leaker” could work in the advertising department. Maybe they work on the blog posts

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
It’s like 99.99% BS. But playing devil’s advocate, the “leaker” could work in the advertising department. Maybe they work on the blog posts
A good point but he'd be practically putting his head on the chopping block, it would be too easy for them to find out who dunnit... so he must really hate his job, that's of course IF this is scenario is true. Which I agree is more than likely not

D

Deleted member

I forsee Dixie before K. Rool but if K. Rool got in it would be pretty cool to have another villain since Smash lacks them.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
A good point but he'd be practically putting his head on the chopping block, it would be too easy for them to find out who dunnit... so he must really hate his job, that's of course IF this is scenario is true. Which I agree is more than likely not
Yeah I don’t wanna put stock into leaks, especially good ones that’ll get my hopes up.

The main takeaway is that K Rool is constantly mentioned in every leak. So that’s good. I’ve got a good feeling about him at least

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I said it in an earlier post, but the brownie could refer to Earthbound and not Minecraft.

In which case I would guess that maybe it was Ninten as an echo fighter? (I find it hard to imagine Earthbound getting another unique character when Lucas had to be added as dlc and he's already fairly similar to Ness)

Enchess

Smash Lord
Another image clues leak

1. King k rool

2. Isaac

3. Simon belmont

4. Travis touchdown

6. Elma

I would shocked if laser sword referred to Travis and not Saki. Travis is 3rd party and not heavily requested by Smash community. Saki is known to be liked by Sakurai, 1st party, a notable missing AT, and officially acknowledged as a heavily requested character.

OhMyBanana54

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1628-5145-3801
Add me to the gangplank galleon! King K. Rool is my most wanted DK rep by a large margin and I feel like we could see a November reveal for him.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Another image clues leak

1. King k rool

2. Isaac

3. Simon belmont

4. Travis touchdown

6. Elma

>Lack of Dixie but K. Rool is in screams bogus

Ehhhh, not really. Let's consider for a second how in virtually every instance we've seen, K. Rool utterly swamps Dixie in popularity. Like, not even a contest. The big U.S. Reddit ballot poll from back in the day, as a quick example, that had over 10,000 unique voters, had K. Rool at third, barely behind Isaac with the winner being Banjo, only ahead of K. Rool by a couple hundred. Dixie on the other hand, was *way* down, in the bottom 20 or 30, with around 105 votes.

And even discounting the ballot, online mentions of K. Rool and Dixie via Google Trends, have K. Rool at consistently higher than her, or matching her, even during her renaissance with TF's announcement, only to have that utterly blown away during the ballot period.

Dixie and K. Rool are not a guaranteed package deal by any stretch of the imagination, which is honestly a real shame. And if we're going by ballot picks, there's almost no way I can see Dixie getting picked over him.

We certainly didn't get a "Dixie and K. Rool Mii costume package" either.

Also, these are just (potential, possibly fake) "reveal" dates. Echoes may not be getting the same treatment, or they may be post release. Never assume.

Also, #4 is supposed to be Saki Amamiya, note the gun.

Edit: And assuming the samples from SourceGaming's Japanese ballot polling has any actual reflection on real numbers (we have nothing else to really go with, and 1200 is at least a "decent" sample), the situation is no less one-sided in Japan. K. Rool sits at #1 at the top with 11% of the vote by the end of the ballot, and Dixie barely has 3% in spot 15.

Edit 2:
Add me to the gangplank galleon! King K. Rool is my most wanted DK rep by a large margin and I feel like we could see a November reveal for him.
WELCOME ABOARD!

Last edited:

SeasideKingDumb

Smash Apprentice
Yeah King K. Rool and Dixie are definitely not a guaranteed package deal. As much as it hurts to say, with the almost 20 years that Smash Bros. has existed we have received a total of 2 Donkey Kong characters. It sucks to say, but I doubt the team would add two just for the sake of completeness. I feel like they're gonna add one (either K. Rool or Dixie, probably not anyone else) but that's probably all we're getting. The only way we get both is if one of them is an Echo (which would almost definitely be Dixie as an Echo of Diddy). Other than that, I'd say it's WAY more safe to only guess one of them will make it.

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
If this game wasn't entirely about satisfying as many fans as possible I'd say Dixie was more likely, because muhrelevance, she'd probably be easier to implement, and we'd have the main protagonists of all three SNES Country games. But if they're going for maximum fanservice then K. Rool is generally more popular so he'd be the better choice. Just depends on what factors they're prioritizing as far as newcomers. They both deserve it though, both of them getting in would be a dream

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
If / When K. Rool does get in, who besides me is going to jump on and/or preorder his amiibo? :D
Official K. Rool merch? Sign me the **** up. I’d buy multiple amiibo, and will immediately preorder the most expensive edition of the game.

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
I've been away for about a week, so I'll just summarize everything real quick.

Either K. Rool head, but I'd like the gold armor because K. Rool is in fact big-boned, not fat.

My dream final smash for K. Rool was always him growing massive with the use of the crystal bananas from DK: Jungle Climber.

That leak is definitely fake.

Since people were posting their favorite music renditions, I thought you all might want enjoy this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBY2b-641ps

Gobliiin

Smash Apprentice
I never thought about it but that might be an amiibo I actually buy. Have wanted the Donkey, Diddy and Olimar ones but never bothered. K. Rool seems like its worth spending the money on just to get sales up of them. Plus it be the only K. Rool merch that I could knowingly buy. Dont ever remember seeing any as a kid. I really remember a bubble bath that was shaped like a red game boy and had DKC on it though with a water game in the screen.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
King K. Rool, come to Brazil!!!

10 Facts you didn't know about K. Rool. It's in portuguese so I don't know what they're saying.

K. Rool's fandom is worldwide!

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
I think it can only mean good things. The only piece of Donkey Kong-related DLC was a costume of a highly requested character with a design that hasn't been used for the better part of two decades. Let's keep hope alive.
Yeah I think the costumes were a means for Sakurai to show recognition to the fans that wanted some of these characters.
like it wasn't feasible at the time to make them full characters. but at least for now he could give us this.

at least that is the impression I got from his comments on Geno's Mii costume.
So while maybe not every Mii costume could be a character. I feel a few like K Rool and Geno have a decent shot.

Last edited:

Klimax

Smash Ace
King K. Rool, come to Brazil!!!

10 Facts you didn't know about K. Rool. It's in portuguese so I don't know what they're saying.

K. Rool's fandom is worldwide!
1. They wanted to use K Rool as the main villain in Battletoads
2. K Rool hates bananas
3. The golden belly is an armor that he wears because he got injured in the past
4. Didn't understand but it seems that he loves puppies (assuming that Klaptraps are like puppies in DKverse)
5. He probably has a wife
6. He's not fat, just muscular
7. He's more really powerful (can be invisible, can spit fire)
8. He's a former friend of the Kongs in the anime (he was a Cranky's friend)
9. Nintendo once made a mistake calling Kaptain K Rool "the brother of King K Rool"
10. There's a street in the US called "Kroll Street".

EDIT: i got the tenth fact wrong.

Last edited:

CrimsonFireWolf

Smash Cadet
NNID
CrimsonFireWolf
3DS FC
0490-5298-4357
Switch FC
5802 6387 3309
I just realized something, King K rool looks similar to Wart from Super Mario Brothers 2 US.

Last edited:
Top Bottom