• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
While we're on the subject of music, I came across this a few weeks ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGZtPht11pg
Interesting to see a Japanese orchestra performing all these David Wise tracks alongside other Nintendo hits. These are honestly some of the best DK renditions I've ever heard.

SmashingXan2

Smash Journeyman
King K Rool moveset prediction
Jab- 1 2 punch from DK64
Pummel- Biting
Most normals will involve punches, bites, and his tail
Grab- Sucks you in with Blunderbuss
Fsmash- Throws Boxing glove like DK64
Nair- Roll from DK King of Swing
Dash attack- Run attack from DKC
Neutral Special- Throws Crown
Side B- Blunderbuss shot
Down B- Bowser like ground pound
Recovery- Helicopter Backpack from DKC3
Final Smash- Calls in Pirate Ship to barrage field with cannonballs
Taunt and Entrance involving invisibility
Taunt with his laugh

What do you think

Vez

Smash Apprentice
I'm thinking he'd mostly just be based on DKC1 and DKC2. I don't expect anything from DKC3 or DK64 really. A popular choice is always the helicopter backpack for his up special but I feel it would look a bit tacky with his king outfit and clip through the cape, so they'd probably give him something completely original instead.

K. Rool's crouch needs to be him pretending to be dead, though. If that's not a thing then cancel the game.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I'm thinking he'd mostly just be based on DKC1 and DKC2. I don't expect anything from DKC3 or DK64 really. A popular choice is always the helicopter backpack for his up special but I feel it would look a bit tacky with his king outfit and clip through the cape, so they'd probably give him something completely original instead.

K. Rool's crouch needs to be him pretending to be dead, though. If that's not a thing then cancel the game.
Honestly I think it'd make a better taunt of his then a crouch move.

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
What if he was in his King clothes by default, and instead of having the alter egos as alternate costumes he changed persona when using his specials? Like, you input neutral B and there's a quick explosion of black smoke (something like the reappearing half of Sheik's up-B?) that clears to reveal the Kaptain charging up his blunderbuss, and then once the move is done he stays in that outfit until he uses a different special.
Would be a heck of a lot of work and it won't happen but I think it'd be cool to look at

StormC

Smash Hero

I don't have the image onhand, but someone (Bagan?) made the helicopter work perfectly for K. Rool in a mod. All it would do is strap to his back like Diddy's jetpack. The cape can simply go under it.

EDIT: Ah, it's Marioking64DS.

https://imgur.com/a/nR7fY

I think it looks perfectly fine. Animations clip all the time anyway; one of Ridley's taunts has his arms going through his wings.

Last edited:

SeasideKingDumb

Smash Apprentice
I think it's a testament to K. Rool's popularity that literally every fake leak now includes him as if not having him weakens the validity of it. That's really cool that our push during the ballot and now has had such an effect in the Smash community. Just 4 years ago not a single person would ever mention K. Rool in a leak and now he's basically a given in every leak.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Have y’all seen this leak? It’s most likely fake, but I’d love to believe it’s real since it includes our king:
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/421947065
Eh. I don't think it's real... I have a hard time believing any text leaks to begin with.. plus as weird as it may sound, Dixie being absent is what kills it for me. She's a shoe-in imo if Rools in so is she, if he isn't she is no natter what.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

StormC

Smash Hero
Eh. I don't think it's real... I have a hard time believing any text leaks to begin with.. plus as weird as it may sound, Dixie being absent is what kills it for me. She's a shoe-in imo if Rools in so is she, if he isn't she is no natter what.
I can see Dixie missing out. She already got cut from Brawl and was a no show for all of 4 and DLC. If she can’t be an echo fighter I think she might not get in.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
That's fake as hell but I'll take it, even without Dixie.

Next.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yea probably fake, all leak are going to include Blemont now, although he might not make it since Vergeben got the Castlvania games leak wrong (it seems).
My expectation of Simon Belmont lowered when I realized that Bomberman is owned by the same company as Snake, not JUST Simon Belmont.

I forgot that at first because I'm not familiar with Snake.

I was like "Oh Bomberman! He's an AT which MUST mean that someone from that company is getting in. Let's see ...Oh Simon Belmont is from that company!" forgetting completely that Snake is also from them.

Gobliiin

Smash Apprentice
Hmm can someone clarify a statement that I've read somewhere. Apparently all versions of Link no longer have their boomerang is this true? I've not seen any sign of it. That again along with the Bowser Jr. cannonball change are some significant and specific changes that standout as needing a reason. It suggests yet again there might be another similar move now that's taken it's place such as K. Rool having crown toss.

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
Have y’all seen this leak? It’s most likely fake, but I’d love to believe it’s real since it includes our king:
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/421947065
I've seen it. it all honesty, I'll believe any leak i see because so far, they have all mentioned king k rools name as a character lol except maybe the fact everyone of them just lied? hope not. think I like Bout this leak is that it give a you more details on modes which are for sure coming. plus gangplank gallon as a stage is a must

also I don't get karate joe. I don't know if there are people in here that want him but he is just the most uninteresting character out of the whole leak. I don't understand why people want someone who isn't even a mascot of a game he's in

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
a semi echo fighter of diddy

Klimax

Smash Ace
Talking about Bowser Jr: What did they change on him ? I saw people talkin' about some changes on the cannonballs but to be honest, i watched the video many times and i don't see which things changed on this attack. Can someone tell me what happened ? Because i really don't get it.

Gobliiin

Smash Apprentice
Rather than being a straight projectile its meant to have a spin or arch on it now.

StormC

Smash Hero
You can see the cannonballs spin easier in this video, when the Squid Sisters pop up (34 second mark).

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Japanese fans calling Ridley “Captain America” is pure gold haha. Though they never really cared for Ridleys inclusion, they’ll see when Ultimates drops that he is all the hype and more! :ultridley:

This thread has been an off and on thing for years. There’s nothing more I would like then to move this requested thread into the confirmed threads which will read #66 King K. Rool!! #CaptainInternational

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
I feel like Sakurai tries to put in mostly characters people don't think will happen or are not thinking of pre-release. And with everyone saying K. ROOL is so likely this time...I can't help but get a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach.

However, I'd say the other 50% of the Smash community thinks K. ROOL is never happening. So maybe it depends on which fans he hears more or none of that means anything. Trying to figure out if he likes to disprove the loud majority..lol Who knows with this man.

Last edited:

Klimax

Smash Ace
You can see the cannonballs spin easier in this video, when the Squid Sisters pop up (34 second mark).

Thank you so much ! I didn't see it, i just saw the Bowser Jr's trailer on the official website and i saw nothing special.
Now I can clearly see it and i think that this is definitely interesting and could be a sign !

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR

Wow! I never saw it this clearly! Yea they really do jirate around.... I'm really hoping that's a sign that they did that to differentiate from another cannon ball attack!!!!!!

AIM0001

Smash Lord
I wouldn’t be so sure about K. Rool and Dixie being a package deal. The fact it’s been 10 years since we got a DK Rep. I can’t see how that would mean we’d get two. As far as this leak goes. Who is Karate Joe? Also the supposed “new stages” sound false. The single player leaks seem like safe predictions.

Does anyone have a hard time accepting that Simon Belmont is the big Mega Man third party announcement? I think there would be a much bigger reaction for Bomberman, Crash, or Rayman as that “third party surprise”. Just my opinion.

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn’t be so sure about K. Rool and Dixie being a package deal. The fact it’s been 10 years since we got a DK Rep. I can’t see how that would mean we’d get two. As far as this leak goes. Who is Karate Joe? Also the supposed “new stages” sound false. The single player leaks seem like safe predictions.

Does anyone have a hard time accepting that Simon Belmont is the big Mega Man third party announcement? I think there would be a much bigger reaction for Bomberman, Crash, or Rayman as that “third party surprise”. Just my opinion.
There's no guarantee, but there's been a history of 2 reps being added per game: Mario in every game besides Brawl, Pokemon in every game besides Smash 4, Kirby in Brawl, Fire Emblem in Sm4sh, Kid Icarus in Sm4sh. Now granted, we're not getting as many newcomers as usual this time around, but it's not outside the realm of possibility. But K. Rool tops polls regularly and Dixie is also highly requested, so I think if any franchise were to get two newcomers in Ultimate it would be Donkey Kong.

Belmont could very well be wrong, Vergeben has been known to get things wrong sometimes, but Castlevania has always been pretty popular. Would be a very bad sign for other third party hopefuls like Geno and Banjo though. And Karate Joe is from Rhythm Heaven. A very weird choice, but who knows with Sakurai.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
There's no guarantee, but there's been a history of 2 reps being added per game: Mario in every game besides Brawl, Pokemon in every game besides Smash 4, Kirby in Brawl, Fire Emblem in Sm4sh, Kid Icarus in Sm4sh. Now granted, we're not getting as many newcomers as usual this time around, but it's not outside the realm of possibility. But K. Rool tops polls regularly and Dixie is also highly requested, so I think if any franchise were to get two newcomers in Ultimate it would be Donkey Kong.

Belmont could very well be wrong, Vergeben has been known to get things wrong sometimes, but Castlevania has always been pretty popular. Would be a very bad sign for other third party hopefuls like Geno and Banjo though. And Karate Joe is from Rhythm Heaven. A very weird choice, but who knows with Sakurai.
Oh ok, I remember Karate Joe. He was on a Smash request video I seen recently. The thing about Karate Joe is, he would fit the Smash tradition of adding that WTF type character like Wii Fit, Game & Watch, R.O.B etc. Would people be all about this leak if it meant K. Rool was for sure in? I’d like to say yes but this leak has no Geno or an appealing third party spot. Also why only 2 more echo fighters? I’d expected maybe 4 more. Only time will tell my dudes. *shrugs*

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I feel like Sakurai tries to put in mostly characters people don't think will happen or are not thinking of pre-release. And with everyone saying K. ROOL is so likely this time...I can't help but get a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach.

However, I'd say the other 50% of the Smash community thinks K. ROOL is never happening. So maybe it depends on which fans he hears more or none of that means anything. Trying to figure out if he likes to disprove the loud majority..lol Who knows with this man.
You’re overthinking it. There’s no specific pattern, besides, there are plenty of characters that got in Smash 4 people thought were absolutely happening.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
Are there any rules? I mean really isn't it all just the whims of Sakurai?
and I think it has been well established that Sakurai is a madman.

CrimsonFireWolf

Smash Cadet
NNID
CrimsonFireWolf
3DS FC
0490-5298-4357
Switch FC
5802 6387 3309
The Only Rules are: no non video game characters & they must have permission from third parties to have their characters in this game

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
The rule of "internet fans must always be wrong" is something I'm indirectly poking fun at right now with the thread title. It's a trend I've seen among habitual overthinkers since E3, where you can't have any character big groups of fans want in a roster prediction or rumor because otherwise it validates the dumb arguments people make on those characters' behalf. For example, "That roster with K. Rool isn't believable because fans only put him there as another DK Rep, and I, an educated fan, know that's not how things work. Fake!" Ridley was the subject of this too ("that roster is just what the fans want, not what is likely!") but...yeah. So now he's the lone "fanservice rep" we're going to get, and everyone else will just be a who's who of obligatory RPG one-offs and side characters from 2015-16.

At least that's what I've read on the internet.

Last edited:

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
The only rules I think I'd think actually exist would be the ones stated by sakurai. that said things like being actual video game characters is one that is very likely a thing even if it wasn't stated.

on another note. I remember there being a comment from Sakurai how he didn't add inklings into the last game because he thought they were too recent. (don't remember where the source was from)
do you think this reasoning may stop an ARMS character from getting in this time? or maybe he will change his mind.
although that reasoning seems odd considering he has added the likes of Roy before his game even released.

Top Bottom