• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

SSB4 Roy Pharae

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't count out Edelgard for DLC.
True. Edelgard's the most reasonable choice for a Fire Emblem newcomer, being an aristocrat and maining an axe, which is the only weapon type in the FE weapon triangle not represented yet in Super Smash Bros. She'd offer new things to the table unlike Chrom (main lord but disregarded for being a generic swordfighter) and Byleth (avatar like Robin and Corrin, but is sword-only as far as we know of the game).

After King K. Rool, she's my most wanted newcomer for these reasons stated, I'm also assuming DLC is her only chance.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Hey guys, new recruit here. After reading the forums for a while , specially this thread, finally I created an account.
Maybe the best thing to do first it's write here showing support for the lizard king and the DK's crew.
English it's not my first languaje, hope you can forgive some mistakes.
One of us! One of us!

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Hey guys, new recruit here. After reading the forums for a while , specially this thread, finally I created an account.
Maybe the best thing to do first it's write here showing support for the lizard king and the DK's crew.
English it's not my first languaje, hope you can forgive some mistakes.

Welcome to smash boards and don't worry about typing error it happens sometimes

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh wait...

Funko is partnered with Nintendo

Funko is also partnered with Scott Cawthon and FNAF

Freddie confirmed!

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
I had a dream that K Rool was revealed and his crown was his side-B, glimmered gold while spinning and had special properties as projectile reflector... in the reveal it actually flew through Bowser's flame breath, reflecting every particle of it, before hitting Bowser.

There were other things too, like his down smash being the falling cannonballs and his down-B summoning a jumping Kremling, lol

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Just gonna link this here:

https://reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/8ycvzs/nintendo_direct_for_july_22nd_leaked_with_evidence/

Also my comment on the thread, as it explains some things about it: https://reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/8ycvzs/_/e2ae28i/?context=1

Just a reminder: DO NOT TAKE THIS LEAK AT FACE VALUE. THERE IS STILL A LOT GOING AGAINST IT, EVEN IF IT HAS SOME CREDIBILITY. BUT I DO THINK ITS WORTH AT LEAST ACKNOWLEDGING.

I still think it has a 80% chance of being fake, but I don’t think some of the things are as out of realm as people think. However, Mother 3D... Even if this leak is somehow real, he should’ve left that off so it can be seen as more legitimate lol. Anywho, only reason I’m linking is because it specifically matches up with the hint leak also on 4chan about K Rool, and it has some credibility going for it. It can be seen as piggybacking, but Vergeben’s leak was also seen as piggybacking.

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
This one's tough because the Funko thing actually gives it some small, small level of legitimacy, but there's no way you fit all of that in a 30-minute direct. It's also on a weekend, plus there are several other red flags with many of the individual parts of it. So I'm gonna say it has a better chance of being true than any non-Vergeben leak we've seen thus far, but still an extremely microscopic amount.

At this rate we're getting a new fake leak a day, we really need some new content. Even if it's not a newcomer announcement, we just need something new to talk about to distract us from constant fake leak speculation.

But in the meantime, it looks like the 22nd has become the new 9th.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
Just gonna link this here:

https://reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/8ycvzs/nintendo_direct_for_july_22nd_leaked_with_evidence/

Also my comment on the thread, as it explains some things about it: https://reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/8ycvzs/_/e2ae28i/?context=1

Just a reminder: DO NOT TAKE THIS LEAK AT FACE VALUE. THERE IS STILL A LOT GOING AGAINST IT, EVEN IF IT HAS SOME CREDIBILITY. BUT I DO THINK ITS WORTH AT LEAST ACKNOWLEDGING.

I still think it has a 80% chance of being fake, but I don’t think some of the things are as out of realm as people think. However, Mother 3D... Even if this leak is somehow real, he should’ve left that off so it can be seen as more legitimate lol. Anywho, only reason I’m linking is because it specifically matches up with the hint leak also on 4chan about K Rool, and it has some credibility going for it. It can be seen as piggybacking, but Vergeben’s leak was also seen as piggybacking.
I would like this one to be real just for mother 3 alone xD
but yeah not trusting nothing.
also I've been seeing this star fox racing game come up a lot in leaks and it's annoying. if it turns out to be real I will be mad because that is a slap in the face to two franchises. it would both be another Star Fox game that misses the mark of what it is supposed to be. and why make star fox a sci fi racer when F Zero is a thing?!
only way I'd excuse it is Captain Falcon and other characters end up being a big part of it and it being a story about Fox trying to find his dad since there is that whole thing of a James McCloud being in F Zero.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
This one's tough because the Funko thing actually gives it some small, small level of legitimacy, but there's no way you fit all of that in a 30-minute direct. It's also on a weekend, plus there are several other red flags with many of the individual parts of it. So I'm gonna say it has a better chance of being true than any non-Vergeben leak we've seen thus far, but still an extremely microscopic amount.

At this rate we're getting a new fake leak a day, we really need some new content. Even if it's not a newcomer announcement, we just need something new to talk about to distract us from constant fake leak speculation.

But in the meantime, it looks like the 22nd has become the new 9th.
The thing about the Funko leak is that the Pikachu funko was accident leaked a bit ago, so it can be seen as piggybacking off of that. It also correctly predicted Mario Kart 8 Deluxe DLC that Nintendo said would be coming today. The Jump livestream for next week changing to the 22nd also gives it some credibility imo as it was changed completely randomly today. The thumbnail says the 22nd now so it seems like it was purposely done.

This leak is really ****ing weird because it has a lot of things that scream fake while others that seem reasonable. I think at most it may have some truth to it but the OP threw in a bunch of bull**** to throw people off. But even then I’m convinced that’s the case. The livestream change and the Mario Kart announcement is really what makes even think about giving the leak some time of day.

StormC

Smash Hero
If K. Rool and Dixie are announced together next, it's going to be tough for any announcement after to continue the hype, if not impossible.

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
Damn this leak is a wet dream of sorts. Like you guys said, there's already a lot of red flags for this one, but at the same time they called the Funko Pops and new Mario Kart 8 content beforehand.

Ugh, honestly I would love all of this to be true, but there's so much crazy stuff that not only is it too good to be true, why did they not show any of this during E3, where thousands more people would be watching? Just doesn't make sense.

Regardless, it all sounds amazing and if it does somehow all turn out to be true, I'll buy a switch tomorrow lol. I guess I'll be holding my nut for the next 10 days in anticipation.

Last edited:

Coofle DeDoofle

Smash Apprentice
There's a good chance this is another fake leak, but at the same time, I want at least some of it to be true. There's a lot of good stuff in it that I wanna see happen (and not just the K. Rool announcement either). Who knows? Like some have said, there's already some evidence that makes it believable.

Although, I wouldn't be surprised if the leaker threw in some fake stuff to mess with us...

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
There's a good chance this is another fake leak, but at the same time, I want at least some of it to be true. There's a lot of good stuff in it that I wanna see happen (and not just the K. Rool announcement either). Who knows? Like some have said, there's already some evidence that makes it believable.

Although, I wouldn't be surprised if the leaker threw in some fake stuff to mess with us...
If that's intentional, it'll be the best surprise ever lol

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Ok the livestream stuff was Nintendo’s scheduling being messy as hell. There’ll be a Jump Fest Tournament on the 16th still then another one on the 22nd.

But really on that note, I wouldn’t be surprised to see K Rool announced in Japan since he’s their #1 requested character.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
First the leak got the Funko Pop, then the new MArio Kart stuff, and now Nintendo has moved that Aces Smash stream from the 16th to the 22nd. There are so many red flags, yet the leak has hit 3 "coincidences" in such a short time. It is freaking me out.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
I can't remeber a single Direct leaked, not even in part. This is a big one but the Cuphead thing kills it for me, FFVI and Mother 3 apart. Just too big.
I want anything about K. Rool or Dixie as fighters becoming true but I don't want to believe this leak.
Also, needs some doom, as the true ones.

Last edited:

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
On retrospect. Guessing something like "Pokemon Funko Pop" is not something so incredible, especially if you are somewhat vague. With so many of these leaks there are bound to be 1 or 2 who get a lucky shot and something on their list gets confirmed. You can throw something like "N64 mini announcement" with your fake leak. If it happens around these weeks by chance, suddenly your leak becomes the hot news. One of the reasons why so many fake leaks put a "K. Rool for Smash trailer". Because it is so expected to happen.

If K. Rool and Dixie are announced together next, it's going to be tough for any announcement after to continue the hype, if not impossible.
I personally would welcome it. Give me a break from all the anxiety. Not so much for everyone else who has someone else for their most wanted character. But someone has to be first and someone has to be last. Right?.

Last edited:

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, a leak says there is a Direct on the 22nd of this month, huh?

What made them guess that there will be a Driect that day? No, seriously, what makes them think that? Directs are not usually on the weekends, right? Something is fishy, if you ask me.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
So, a leak says there is a Direct on the 22nd of this month, huh?

What made them guess that there will be a Driect that day? No, seriously, what makes them think that? Directs are not usually on the weekends, right? Something is fishy, if you ask me.
They’ve had directs on Sundays before, they’re just EXTREMELY rare. I’d assume the Sunday decision is that they’re rushing to do this due to their stock plummeting after E3. But the 22nd date is the same day as the Jump Convention in Osaka (The one in Tokyo is on the 16th) which makes things even stranger

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
although what is the site that it was posted on? I have this curious feeling that someone noticing that people won't believe a leak if they haven't already called something write would try to make a leak and then mess with the date so people think they have something.

also those things he gets "right" sound very mundane. a schedule change, a random funko pop, and nintendo just saying that they plan to do updates for mario kart "we have no clue what these updates are even. might just be some basic programming work and nothing really new.

granted I sound like I'm going full conspiracy mode. but I'm just getting tired of all these "leaks" wish someone would at least put in the work to make some cool art or something...

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
He still knows about him though (the mii costume)

And that's doesn't mean king k rool is not getting playable for the 5th time yet
Well, I wasn't implying that King K. Rool wouldn't be playable this time. And it's true he knows about the Mii costume, but my point was that he's never talked about him. We're all desperately waiting for him to talk about him.

Last edited:

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
They’ve had directs on Sundays before, they’re just EXTREMELY rare. I’d assume the Sunday decision is that they’re rushing to do this due to their stock plummeting after E3. But the 22nd date is the same day as the Jump Convention in Osaka (The one in Tokyo is on the 16th) which makes things even stranger
Woah, you're right, their stock is looking pretty bad this past month.

stocks.PNG

Do you know why that is, exactly? Was their E3 presentation poorly received? I remember people saying Smash Ultimate was by far the most talked about event afterwards.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I can't remeber a single Direct leaked, not even in part. This is a big one but the Cuphead thing kills it for me, FFVI and Mother 3 apart. Just too big.
I want anything about K. Rool or Dixie as fighters becoming true but I don't want to believe this leak.
Also, needs some doom, as the true ones.
E3 was leaked basically beat for beat the day before on /v/.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I do believe you, but do you know which Directs took place that day, if you don't mind me asking?

Still calling it fake, regardless.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
E3 was leaked basically beat for beat the day before on /v/.
I remember that. And no one believed it due to the idea of bringing everyone back and Ridley being such a huge red flag. Kinda like right now.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo part also was leaked? I have to recognice that I'm not very linked to /v/ or rumors except if they become big enough, but the most hyped leak for Ninty I saw was one talking about F-Zero developed by Platinum and more. The Ridley-no cuts-Belmont leak, that also was on fire then, seems still legit despite Simon but still it´s not 100% accurate. Maybe I didn't read the whole thing but I don't remember a full Nintendo leak.

Last edited:

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Woah, you're right, their stock is looking pretty bad this past month.

View attachment 152819

Do you know why that is, exactly? Was their E3 presentation poorly received? I remember people saying Smash Ultimate was by far the most talked about event afterwards.
It was E3. People thought it was insanely underwhelming despite Smash being hyped so the stock plummeted because of it

I do believe you, but do you know which Directs took place that day, if you don't mind me asking?

Still calling it fake, regardless.
This is an announcement of one of them: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/05/japanese_nintendo_direct_coming_may_31stn

I think there was one or two more that have been on a Sunday, not sure they were also Japanese exclusive tho.

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
Yeah, that makes sense. Besides smash, it was definitely underwhelming.

JESUS THAT GIVES THIS SLIGHTLY MORE CREDENCY ASEFASRFDNGFSHKAFGBFDASHBFJHLBFDBHFD

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Hmm... I want to say this is credible, especially after the livestream date change, but... I'm not sure.

Isn't the 22nd basically going to be the exact same day as the 16th anyway?

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Nintendo part also was leaked? I have to recognice that I'm not very linked to /v/ or rumors except if they become big enough, but the most hyped leak for Ninty I saw was one talking about F-Zero developed by Platinum and more. The Ridley-no cuts-Belmont leak, that also was on fire then, seems still legit despite Simon but still it´s not 100% accurate. Maybe I didn't read it the whole thing but I don't remember a full Nintendo leak.
I can’t find the screenshot but it was. The original Switch presentation was also leaked in its entirety before it started on 4chan too lol.

Hmm... I want to say this is credible, especially after the livestream date change, but... I'm not sure.

Isn't the 22nd basically going to be the exact same day as the 16th anyway?
If you mean in terms of content, yeah they’re both tournaments at Jump Conventions. I found that out shortly after I posted my original comment. IF there is a direct that day, it’s possible its Japanese only and it’s before the second tournament but its more likely Nintendo just forgot to schedule the livestream for the second tournament on the 22nd.

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
I was waiting for someone to say this. This does make it more credible, but could also just be the leaker lining up their rumor with the event. While there is a lot of information in it, they could have made half of the announcements fake to make it look like it wasn't made by someone in the company. Honestly, I don't see K. Rool being announced this early, but it could happen.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
If this is to reinvigorate their stock, that would explain the directs short length for what it has. They would not all be full on trailers, but teasers to show that they do have a healthy amount of stuff planned rather than people thinking they only have Smash.

Top Bottom