• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
That Pikachu pop first leaked onto Reddit on Wednesday.. everyone called the guy a liar and he deleted his account... so the 4chan leak is older than the Pop leak itself. In fact Funko is probably announcing the pop early due to it leaking

StormC

Smash Hero
It's just a lot to comprehend. New NSMB with Wario? Mother 3 3D remake? FF7 and Cuphead on the Switch? Strangely the trailer with K. Rool and Dixie is one of the more plausible things in this leak.

Hidan

Smash Apprentice
Just found the original on 4chan. (Won't post the link though; didn't know about that policy. I found it by googling "Alright bois heres a leak for ya On July 22nd a 30 minute Nintendo direct will be held.") The "leak" is actually in two separate posts; the first post contains everything up to the Pokemon Let's Go trailer, and it was posted on Tuesday at 12:29:16; everything after that was posted on Tuesday at 12:30:19. Since they're both anonymous, we're once again in the situation where we can't be totally sure they were posted by the same person. (The proximity in time suggests that they were, but we can't know that for sure.) The Funko prediction was in the first post, but the K. Rool prediction was in the second, so even if the Funko prediction makes the first post more credible, it doesn't necessarily make the K. Rool prediction more credible, since different people might have posted them.
Yeah you're right. The only point I'd give it in that regard is that it was posted about a minute after the original post with no one else responding quick enough, meaning either someone very quickly thought stuff up on the spot to add onto this other post, or more likely, the OP making a second post. Doesn't really legitimize it though. Regardless, I don't necessarily believe it, it's more likely fake than anything else. But it's interesting with a few "positive" tidbits regardless.

Untouch

Smash Master
Final Fantasy 7 Remake part gives it away.
There's no way that'll be announced this early.

Hidan

Smash Apprentice
I'm not one to believe leaks/rumours, especially ones which sound too good to be true (except for Smash Tour returning lol), but then again... The Funko Pop thing was confirmed (for Pokémon at least), and we got a new Pokémon Let's Go trailer today with Brock/Misty, so the next logical step would be to show Lt. Surge. And as for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.... well, Takahashi just recently confirmed more updates are on the way for the game. Though it could just be more Labo integration.

Grabbed my attention, but will probably be fake haha. Also, hello, I don't post here as often as I'd like, but follow the discussion and am a supporter of K. Rool.
Yeah I was about to post that too:
https://twitter.com/mynintendonews/status/1017465659494752256?s=21

Not that it really does anything, just another coincidence that adds on to the (now accumulating) pile of honestly, just lucky guesses. What I like about leaks like this though is that they we know there will be a specific day that it has to be on, and unless it gets moved for whatever reason, if it doesn't show up next (not this) Sunday then we know it's fake.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
If this is true this direct would trump the entirety of Nintendo's E3.... this direct would be insane. I'll admit though if Nintendo wants Switch to sell hard this holiday those are the announcement's to do it. Switch would be unstoppable.... funny part about it is the Nintendo first party stuff is still a bit eh. It's the 3rd party stuff on that list which is insane. Most of Nintendo's announcments would be DLC and a new 2D Mario game....Which is honestly pretty realistic.. we have about 9 days to see if this is debunked but I don't know this one has a few things going for it...

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman
That Funko leak would be so awesome if it's real, not just for K. Rool and Dixie, but also for a Mother 3 remake, a Star Fox racing game, Wario in NSB, the works. Unfortunately, that's kind of why it seems a bit fake. Just seems a bit too good to be true.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
That Funko leak would be so awesome if it's real, not just for K. Rool and Dixie, but also for a Mother 3 remake, a Star Fox racing game, Wario in NSB, the works. Unfortunately, that's kind of why it seems a bit fake. Just seems a bit too good to be true.

Leak or not, the Pikachu Funko is a sign of things to come... the funko has the Pokemon company and Nintendo liscense on it so that means Funko has partnered with Nintendo. Usually Funko drops a couple pops in a line and if it sells well they go all in. I'm sure there will be more they never usually do 1 in a series.. and if that sells which it will get ready for a bunch of Nintendo pops

StormC

Smash Hero
The good news is with all these fake Direct leaks with dates, we can just keep anticipating them until Nintendo actually announces something.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
That Funko Pop leak its to incredible to the point of "Why bother with E3 if they were gonna crush it one month later?". But since it has a K. Rool Smash announcement, of course we are going to cling to it.
The one credible thing I would love is Cuphead for the Switch.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
So what is this new daily leak? *goes and looks at the leak*

STRIKE 1: Final Fantasy 7 remake for Switch

STRIKE 2: Kingdom Heart 3 for Switch

STRIKE 3: Fallout 76 for Switch

STRIKE 4: A Mother 3 Remake with Mother 3 Amiibo. (Though the fact it's on 3DS and not Switch is a nice touch to the leak as Nintendo WOULD do something like that just to piss Switch fans off...)

STRIKE 5: Wario in NSMB AND the fact that Nintendo would show off both Mario Maker and a NEW New Super Mario Bros. game at the same time in the same direct.

STRIKE 6: Cuphead coming to Switch. Yes Microsoft and Nintendo are playing nice when it comes to cross platform play but no way in hell would Microsoft let Cuphead come to Switch. Since it was last years basically only highly acclaimed Xbox One exclusive..While I would LOVE Cuphead on the Switch along with Killer Instinct, Sea of Thieves, Rare Replay, and that new Battletoads game. I highly doubt it's gonna happen.

If he had left all of these out. I might have actually bought into this leak given the whole Funko, future MK8 updates, and Pokemon Let's Go trailer things being confirmed... Also it's still a month after E3 if Nintendo REALLY had this much awesome **** to show why didn't they show it during E3? The Mario Odyssey and Kart 8 Deluxe DLC alone would've elevated their E3 from a "meh" to a "awesome" and sure as hell would've left a bigger impression than Super Mario Party (though to be fair that game does look decent). Also another thing that hurts this leak is just the amount of Mario we'll be getting. Mario Tennis Aces, Super Mario Party, New Super Mario World, MK8D DLC, Odyssey DLC, AND Mario Maker port? Too much Mario...

Hidan

Smash Apprentice
That Funko Pop leak its to incredible to the point of "Why bother with E3 if they were gonna crush it one month later?". But since it has a K. Rool Smash announcement, of course we are going to cling to it.
The one credible thing I would love is Cuphead for the Switch.
I see people throwing this around a lot, and I don't understand. Nintendo has always treated E3 as sort of an "extra" thing they go to, where they mainly showcase one BIG game to top the headlines, versus trying to overcrowd and already crowded video games news event (where some of their smaller but still money making sellers may not get the spotlight they intend). That's why in the past couple of years Nintendo has only been promoting one big "console selling" game at E3 mainly (Breath of the Wild, Mario Odyssey, Smash Ultimate), and has been using their main and mini directs to cover their "popular" line-ups.

That works for two reasons: 1), Nintendo directs are very popular, they're like special events and many are drawn to it. 2) It's releasing information at a time where Nintendo titles will get all the focus, where it will get all the attention Nintendo wants versus having to compete with Sony, Microsoft, Ubisoft, EA, etc.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
So what is this new daily leak? *goes and looks at the leak*

STRIKE 1: Final Fantasy 7 remake for Switch

STRIKE 2: Kingdom Heart 3 for Switch

STRIKE 3: Fallout 76 for Switch

STRIKE 4: A Mother 3 Remake with Mother 3 Amiibo. (Though the fact it's on 3DS and not Switch is a nice touch to the leak as Nintendo WOULD do something like that just to piss Switch fans off...)

STRIKE 5: Wario in NSMB AND the fact that Nintendo would show off both Mario Maker and a NEW New Super Mario Bros. game at the same time in the same direct.

STRIKE 6: Cuphead coming to Switch. Yes Microsoft and Nintendo are playing nice when it comes to cross platform play but no way in hell would Microsoft let Cuphead come to Switch. Since it was last years basically only highly acclaimed Xbox One exclusive..While I would LOVE Cuphead on the Switch along with Killer Instinct, Sea of Thieves, Rare Replay, and that new Battletoads game. I highly doubt it's gonna happen.

If he had left all of these out. I might have actually bought into this leak given the whole Funko, future MK8 updates, and Pokemon Let's Go trailer things being confirmed... Also it's still a month after E3 if Nintendo REALLY had this much awesome **** to show why didn't they show it during E3? The Mario Odyssey and Kart 8 Deluxe DLC alone would've elevated their E3 from a "meh" to a "awesome" and sure as hell would've left a bigger impression than Super Mario Party (though to be fair that game does look decent). Also another thing that hurts this leak is just the amount of Mario we'll be getting. Mario Tennis Aces, Super Mario Party, New Super Mario World, MK8D DLC, Odyssey DLC, AND Mario Maker port? Too much Mario...
Dude. Cup head is not Xbox one exclusive it's on PS4 and steam as well

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Guys I really got to stop you guys

I found the leak
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/423701119/

The king k rool part is a different person
They're also separated by a minute meaning they could very well be the same person. Text limit would prevent the whole thing from being posted.

Considering how fast /v/ moves, it seems pretty implausible that someone would find this post, dig up a Diddy Kong picture, and add more fake stuff to it within a minute. Threads like these usually don't get replied to this fast.

Last edited:

Hidan

Smash Apprentice
They're also separated by a minute meaning they could very well be the same person. Text limit would prevent the whole thing from being posted.

Considering how fast /v/ moves, it seems pretty implausible that someone would find this post, dig up a Diddy Kong picture, and add more fake stuff to it within a minute. Threads like these usually don't get replied to this fast.
This. Finding that thread immediately when it was posted, coming up with that many more ideas, typing them out on the spot, and posting an image with it all within a minute time frame seems a bit much. If it was even five or ten minutes later I feel it would be in question, but within a minute seems impossible to me tbh.

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
SO: Funko OK maybe...
MK PATCH : maybe DLC.. OK

it's not enough.... cuphead on switch..? not sure its a microsoft game now!
And Dolphin the giant HD? weird choice..

SenSx

Smash Apprentice
Everything here sounds too good to be true, especially if the second post is made by the same personn.
It's even too much content for a 30 minutes video.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Cuphead is the biggest problem

Besides steam its a exclusive game

If it was outside Xbox they would have announced that at E3

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Funko Pops and Mario Kart 8 DLC are both kinda softball predictions... but hey, if a Direct suddenly gets announced for next Sunday...

D

Deleted member

Leak says there's a Sonic Mania Plus trailer... even though Mania Plus releases a few days before the supposed direct.

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
and

a Mario figurine.
a New super mario
a Mario maker
a Mario Kart DLC
a Mario Odyssey DLC
A Smash Bros trailer
Showing Mario Tennis in a multi trailer games.

too much Mario . Not sure Nintendo will put many Mario's in a same Direct!

I Pass on this one...and you?

Last edited:

Coofle DeDoofle

Smash Apprentice
Have Directs been released on weekends before? Because July 22nd seems like an odd date.

A few other observations of the "leak":
  • Wario in a NSMB game, but not Waluigi? I dunno about that...
  • I'd be shocked if Super Mario Maker wasn't eventually ported to Switch, so this is a pretty safe prediction.
  • A new Odyssey level of any kind would be welcome. I was getting board of the new costumes.
  • MK8D DLC this late? A bit unlikely, but if Pauline's involved, I'd welcome it.
  • A 3D Mother 3 remake? I'd rather have a localized version of the original and save the 3D remake stuff for Earthbound/Mother 2.
  • There's little chance of KH3 and FF7 getting on Switch unless there's some major graphical downgrades.
  • We still getting rumors of a Star Fox racer? Okay, I'd be fine with that... as long as Captain Falcon appears in it.
  • Didn't we already see Pallet Town in today's Pokemon Let's Go trailer?
  • Don't we already know the release date of the next Dream Friend pack? Or is this for the US?
  • Haven't gotten to play Cuphead yet, so a Switch port would be perfect for me.
  • Mario Tennis Aces in the montage? Unless it shows DLC, that's a little weird.
  • A Camp Camp game? I'd be down for that.
  • A Doshin the Giant remake would be so out of nowhere, it'd be exactly the kind of thing I'd expect from Nintendo.

Coofle DeDoofle

Smash Apprentice
Waluigi has never escaped spin-off limbo so this would be the least surprising thing. Wario was in SM64DS, after all.
Good point, but I expected that at this point, Waluigi would at least replace Blue Toad, since Wario would supposedly replace Yellow.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I don't know the Funko thing is what makes me really consider this a posibility.... the pops thing is random and then all of the sudden we get a Pikachu Pop. Funko only announced the pop because of the leak they've done it in the past. Nintendo partnering with Funko isn't a lucky guess... Funko has been dismissing a Nintendo partnership for year's because of how protective they are of their brand... and again I want to say that I have a friend with connections to Funko who help's me out sometimes with my collecting and he didn't know about this Nintendo partnership... that's sort of crazy

StormC

Smash Hero
Good point, but I expected that at this point, Waluigi would at least replace Blue Toad, since Wario would supposedly replace Yellow.
I wouldn't. Toad is still a fixture in the Mario universe - Blue Toad was playable in 3D World.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
As much as I would love Waluigi in a NSMB game (and I hate to bring up another ridley-esque debate), I think he'd be a bit too tall to keep the balance between the 4 players even, Wario at least is only slightly shorter than Luigi and taller than Mario so they don't have to change his height all that much, Waluigi is taller than Princess Peach and sometimes even the same height as Bowser, it'd be kinda unfair to have Waluigi have bigger hitboxes and be much easier to get hit from enemies than the others characters.

maybe if he got his own version of NSMB like Luigi did, it could work out. Where waluigi has his own stats and abilities.

SeasideKingDumb

Smash Apprentice
I think it's really interesting that this leak has more credibility, but I'm going to remain skeptical for the time being. Most leakers never detail this much information and are usually only given a few vague points from insiders. Also, this seems like a lot of content for one direct. This is like E3 level of a presentation. If this somehow turns out to be true, a random July Nintendo Direct would have more content than E3 itself.

I'm still mostly in the camp that the leak's fake, and if it is I'd love to know how on earth they guessed the Funko Pops thing AND the Mario Kart 8 DLC. If it is fake, then this may take record for best guesses a fake leaker has ever made.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
If King K. Rool makes it I will have three characters from my favorite game of all time! (Donkey Kong Land)
It will be so nostalgic, especially if he throws his crown!!

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, new recruit here. After reading the forums for a while , specially this thread, finally I created an account.
Maybe the best thing to do first it's write here showing support for the lizard king and the DK's crew.
English it's not my first languaje, hope you can forgive some mistakes.

Top Bottom