• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
I always love when new kutthroats kome here to support our King.

I love logging on here to these komments!

PPNY

Smash Journeyman
I find myself going back to the Ridley thread just to check up their reaction when he was finally dropped. I am really hoping we get to have that similar reaction. I hadn't been on SmashBoards for awhile, but Ridley being in the game brought my hopes back up for K.Rool. Sadly during Smash 4 I didn't have much hope, so I hope all this waiting will pay off and we will be able to celebrate in the real character Discussion threads.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah, I kind of gave up on my most wanted during Smash 4 as well. I don't think I was around much during Smash 4 speculation

That was until Sakurai mentioned him by name in an interview!

So, I've been hoping he's making it in Smash Ultimate

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
I think the issue is the wait. The uncertainty and nerves are the worst part. Sakurai knows we want information. I feel like he's dragging it on and on just to torture us lmao. Hope it ends up worthwhile... I got highly gung-ho for Smash 4. And the final roster (including Bayo's reveal) killed it.

I really want K. Rool in Ultimate. Especially now that a character I hate is in before him. I'm just afraid to set myself up for disappointment again...

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Smash speculation drives everyone crazy, but cool and steady wins the race as they say.

Just remember, space pirates never falter, and neither do crocodile pirates,

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
So lately I've been thinking about how K. Rool should appear in a stage once a match begins in Ultimate. Characters like Mario appear out of a pipe and DK out of a barrel. So what about King K, Rool? I figured how he appears in his fight in DKC seems obvious. Have him fall into the ground and have the slam sound effect play when he does.

PPNY

Smash Journeyman
What if his stage entrance was coming down on a chain like he did in N64, shouting out "THANK YOU."

If he has the blunderbuss he could always fly in with the pose he used when he glides.

Or the helipack. He might just jump in from the side, like in his original game when he jumps across the stage.

All that aside, Sakurai talked about K.Rool? What did he say about him? I've always been curious to what Sakurai's thoughts were on the big croc. We all knew his bias against ridley was mostly just "Too big." but has he ever talked about why K.rool was never in?

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
Someone else on here suggested his entrance should be that he doesn't enter the stage so much as he's there when the match starts, playing dead, but gets up when the fight begins. I've always agreed with that idea, although now I am partial to him entering from above with "thank you"s now.

Last edited:

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
I could see the playing dead thing working, but I don't think the "Thank You" one works well without his boxer outfit. Also, aren't character entrances faster now? I feel like they might be, but I'll have to look into it. If it is then I don't think his 64 appearance will work too well. I wouldn't mind it either way though. I do, however, still like his entrance in the original DKC a bit more. That's the one I'm more in favor of.

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman
This might be a little weird, but maybe he could come in riding on KAOS' floating head/helmet?

kaos.PNG

It does sort of look like a platform of sorts.

InsaneHippo

Smash Cadet
been here since the k rool thread for the ballot back in the day, and been lurking on this and the geno thread for the past few weeks. just commenting to say that after all these years, hes still my most wanted. sign me up as a supporter.

Last edited:

daddledingo

Smash Cadet
NNID
lucamaltese1
3DS FC
0276-3432-5975
Switch FC
SW-5490-4392-0531
If k rool is in (which I think he will be) I'ma change my main from king dedede to him (unless he's worse than ddd)

SHOTSTUNDAVE

Smash Rookie
Love how this guy can be simultaneously goofy and intimidating. So much potential for a kickass moveset.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
How many leaks with Rool in them are gonna be fake? :(
Probably ALL of them. At least the ones out now

We didn't full roster leaks for Brawl or Smash 4 until near when it was released

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Thought I would show some leaks

"Leak" 1:
Hello. I have been informed by my sources that Smash Bros. Ultimate will have these characters, and feature some new stages.

Characters:
>Ken (Echo for Ryu)
>Metal Mario (Echo for Mario)
>Waluigi (Newcomer, bamboozle by Sakurai)
>Octoling (Echo for Inkling)
>Dark Samus (Newcomer)
>Shadow (Newcomer)
>Sora (Newcomer)
>Ninten (Newcomer)
>Vault Boy (Newcomer)
Stages:

>Random Kingdom Hearts stage
>Westopolis
>Deepsea Metro
>Hyrule Castle (BotW)
>Labo House
>Vault 76

More to come in the future.

Vault Boy is...new, but this leak has Sora, so therefore it must be true. Flawless logic on my part.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Leak" 2:
While the roster may have been supposedly decided in 2015, things change over development. Someone from within Bamco has come forward to me with info on characters being put into the game, some I think most of you are going to find odd. The Smash Ballot wasn't completely for nothing though, as it determined which characters ultimately got into the game.

The characters are: Metal Mario, Banjo-Kazooie, Mega Charizard X/Y (Echo), K.Rool, Dark Samus (echo), Decidueye, and Issac.

First things first, Simon IS in the game, but he's an assist trophy. He was a playable character in the planning stages, but the team dropped him down to an AT.

Banjo wasn't even a thought until 2016, which is when he was added due to sheer requests for him, much like Ridley. The Wonderwing isn't his final smash, and his up b is nothing anyone would expect.

K.Rool was added thanks to overall global requests and thanks to the Smash Ballot.

Decidueye was picked over Sceptile due to it being the most recent grass Pokemon starter. His Final Smash is Sinister Arrow Raid from Sun and Moon. Speaking of, Mega Charizard is in the game due to Charizard mains in Smash 4. It is the only PKMN Trainer Pokemon to get this honor, and yes, you can play as Y version and it too has 4 colors.

Issac was added to the game early on thanks in part to fan requests. It should be noted Issac's green hands are nowhere in his moveset.

Dark Samus was added as a more offensive version of Samus. Her F air has only one hit box for example and it does kill at low percents. Her Final Smash however, turns her into Metroid Prime.

Metal Mario is actually a throw back to Super Smash Bros 64, complete with his stage remade in Smash Ultimate. His side B is a diving tackle from Mario 64 and his down B is Mario Tornado. Metal Mario also has his step sound effect from 64 and falls like Fox did in Melee, but won't die at 260+ percents like he did in 64. Ask me anything else you would like to know, especially DLC.

I highly doubt that a character would be dropped to assist trophy status during development. They'd likely be cut and released as DLC if anything. Mega Charizard as an echo makes little sense as well. The Pokémon Trainer mechanic is much better for Charizard than Rock Smash, a crummy move that nobody used.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Leak" 3:

Alright bois heres a leak for ya
On July 22nd a 30 minute Nintendo direct will be held
> The direct will start out with the announcement that Funko is making Mario, Pokemon and Zelda themed Funko Pops

> A trailer for a New Super Mario Bros Switch game is show titled New Super Mario World and every level is painted in the way that 5-1 in NSMBU was. The trailer shows Mario, Luigi and Blue Toad as playable characters however Yellow Toad is removed. Instead it is revealed that Wario is going to be playable instead.

> Mario Maker for Switch is next. Showing the game comes with a free stylus and can only be edited while levels can be played on both screens

> Mario Odyssey Dlc is shown next with a new world being Delfino Island from Mario Sunshine.
> MK8D is the final bit of Mario content shown as DLC is shown. The dlc includes 2 new cups. 2 new battle tracks and 6 new characters. The cups shown are the Top Hat Cup and the Shine Cup with only 2 tracks shown for both. Top Hat has New Donk City and Shine Cup is shown with Waluigi Pinball. The battle tracks include the return of Block Fort and the addition of a new track titled Green Greens. The characters shown as DLC are: Diddy Kong, Funky Kong, Birdo, Cappy, Pauline and Kirby.

> Mother 3D is announced. It’s a remake of Mother 3 with 3D graphics and full dialogued cutscenes. Amiibos are then revealed with Lucas, Kumatora, Boney, Duster and Masked Man amiibos shown off

> Next are the reveal of 3 popular games from other consoles being ported over: Mortal Kombat X, Kingdom Hearts 3 and Fallout 76

> A Minecraft Mash-Up pack is shown next with it being Zelda themed

> Star Fox racing is revealed, taking a lot of inspiration from F-Zero

> Megaman 11 gets a mini trailer followed by the announcement that you can play as Proto-Man, Bass and Roll

> Pokemon Lets Go is next with a trailer revealing some of the locations like Pallet Town, Lavender Town, Saffron City and Lt Surges Gym

> Gameplay trailer for Fire Emblem: Three Houses

> Kirby Star Allies dream friends are revealed alongside their release date.

> Final Fantasy 7 Remake is coming to Nintendo Switch

> Sonic Mania Plus is getting a trailer alongside the confirmation that Metal Sonic is in development as a playable character

> Cuphead is coming to Nintendo switch

> A montage of games are shown including Mario Tennis Aces, Sonic Mania Plus, Rocket League, Owlboy, Bomb Chicken, Camp Camp: Campe Diem, Pool Panic, Buddy Buddiez and Doshin The Giant HD

> A smash trailer for King K Rool and Dixie Kong is shown to end things off. Smash Run is also revealed to return alongside Smash Tour

Geez, this is the wishlist to end all wishlists. If the Switch gets all of this? R.I.P. my wallet. We'll see how this one pans out on the 22nd.
"Leak" 4:

-Nintendo direct in August, can't say which day
-Opens with trailer for Yoshi, still no title, showcasing co-op
-More information on Pokemon lets go
-More information on Kirby Star Allies
-Super Mario odyssey DLC
-Star fox grand prix
-Ends with Smash fighter reveal, Simon Belmont to be exact, Sakurai says 7 more fighters are coming

That's sparse for Nintendo's Fall/Winter lineup. Again, we'll see if this one's true in August.
"Leak" 5:
View attachment 152429

Hello everyone I hope you're all having wonderful day. I was leaking info about Nintendo and was able to find some exciting info about a direct set for December of this year. here is what i found about it and some of the titles they will announce. Keep in mind its only some info not all.

>Direct is switch focused and may or may not include a couple of 3DS titles
>New Super Mario Sunshine inspired DLC for Super Mario Odyssey
>New info for upcoming Yoshi game with a new trailer
> Small teaser for Pikmin 4
> New Metroid Prime 4 trailer
> New F-Zero game labeled "F-Zero Heat Turbo" keep in mind its a working title
> More Smash Ultimate info, mainly talks about the stages and may include a new character reveal.
>The final thing I found was an image (the one that is attached) and some info alongside it. its a new F-Zero game collection titled "F-Zero Elite Collection" It contains 4 F-Zero games which are, F-Zero (SNES),F-Zero GX(GCN), F-Zero X (N64), and for the first time ever on consoles F-Zero AX (Arcade). I found that F-Zero GX & AX will both contain online multiplayer. In order to play online, it requires you to have a NSO subscription. The games play like they did before but with a few tweaks and improvements to make it feel better. You can switch between classic controls and updated controls to suit your play style and preference. Classic controls leaves the controls the same as the original but updated controls is where the controls are improved for the new controllers of the switch. it also has banners (like the snes mini has) and widescreen support. They can both be toggled on/off. The resolution for these games were up-scaled. It also has Gamecube controller support for a more classic feel. F-Zero AX also has Arcade mode controller setup which allows you to hold the joy con in a similar manner as you would while playing the original cabinet.

*The logo in the image attached for F-Zero elite collection is more than likely not final*

New F-Zero Game? F-Zero game collection?? I'd be surprised to say the least. Shoutouts to the logos OP made though. They tried.

Do we have time for bonus "leak"?

Don't say that I don't love you guys, because I have 2 bonus "leaks".
Bonus "leak" 1:

You know what. **** it. I hate my job, I hate my life, I’m going to leak **** and get fired.
I work at Nintendo of America. IT IS NOT FUN OR SATISFYING!
> Waluigi was shown as an assist trophy to **** with everyone
> The old dagenrompa v3 leak is real. Monokuma and Monomi will be assist trophies
> Pichu I’m smash ultimate is way better than in melee.
> 4 more echo fighters
> 7 new challengers
Believe in it if you want, but it’s true.
Don’t expect anything else unless I don’t get fired.
**** Nintendo of America, **** you

This guy's angry. It's only game... Anyways, this "leak" doesn't say much, but gives us a general estimate of what to expect. It fits within the "codename leak" that people have been posting around as clickbait garbage, but 4 of them need to be echoes. Speaking of the "codename leak"...

Bonus "leak" 2:
The “code names” post was not inaccurate

But I would like to state that it did not include the two planned unlockable characters
The new character total including Ridley and Daisy was 15 not 12
A lesser known mario character to complete the mario party playables collection
And a second representative from a popular non-Nintendo franchise.

Both of these characters are planned to remain unannounced and only available by unlocking them through specific achievements

Again, this one doesn't say much. I'd guy that this one includes Shadow and Waluigi? I'd be very surprised if Waluigi made it in. Regardless, this combined with the supposed roster from the "codename leak" would be pretty exciting. 15 characters would put the roster at a whopping 81 characters, and with the potential of DLC (SORA), the roster could reach up to 100+ characters. That'd be exciting.

Its number 3 to look at even though its 95% chance of fake anyway

The part about the funkos

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...be_getting_its_own_range_of_funko_pop_figures

The slightest credibility of a leak

And it mentions are king and Dixie at the ending

Last edited:

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Has Nintendo ever held a direct on the weekend though? They usually do it in the middle of the week.

I mean, I hope it's true. Not only do we get a lot of games and DLC I'd definitely get, but confirmation of the King as early as this month would be awesome. I just gotta be a skeptic on these things cause the influx of leaks lately is just making me more agitated we aren't getting any real news.

Last edited:

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
So there was a K Rool leak that mentioned Nintendo themed Funko Pops were coming:

> The direct will start out with the announcement that Funko is making Mario, Pokemon and Zelda themed Funko Pops

> A trailer for a New Super Mario Bros Switch game is show titled New Super Mario World and every level is painted in the way that 5-1 in NSMBU was. The trailer shows Mario, Luigi and Blue Toad as playable characters however Yellow Toad is removed. Instead it is revealed that Wario is going to be playable instead.

> Mario Maker for Switch is next. Showing the game comes with a free stylus and can only be edited while levels can be played on both screens

> Mario Odyssey Dlc is shown next with a new world being Delfino Island from Mario Sunshine.
> MK8D is the final bit of Mario content shown as DLC is shown. The dlc includes 2 new cups. 2 new battle tracks and 6 new characters. The cups shown are the Top Hat Cup and the Shine Cup with only 2 tracks shown for both. Top Hat has New Donk City and Shine Cup is shown with Waluigi Pinball. The battle tracks include the return of Block Fort and the addition of a new track titled Green Greens. The characters shown as DLC are: Diddy Kong, Funky Kong, Birdo, Cappy, Pauline and Kirby.

> Mother 3D is announced. It’s a remake of Mother 3 with 3D graphics and full dialogued cutscenes. Amiibos are then revealed with Lucas, Kumatora, Boney, Duster and Masked Man amiibos shown off

> Next are the reveal of 3 popular games from other consoles being ported over: Mortal Kombat X, Kingdom Hearts 3 and Fallout 76

> Megaman 11 gets a mini trailer followed by the announcement that you can play as Proto-Man, Bass and Roll

> Pokemon Lets Go is next with a trailer revealing some of the locations like Pallet Town, Lavender Town, Saffron City and Lt Surges Gym

> Sonic Mania Plus is getting a trailer alongside the confirmation that Metal Sonic is in development as a playable character

> A montage of games are shown including Mario Tennis Aces, Sonic Mania Plus, Rocket League, Owlboy, Bomb Chicken, Camp Camp: Campe Diem, Pool Panic, Buddy Buddiez and Doshin The Giant HD

> A smash trailer for King K Rool and Dixie Kong is shown to end things off. Smash Run is also revealed to return alongside Smash Tour

Look what just got announced today:
https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/1017441751785721856

Weird coincidence.

EDIT: Seems someone beat me to it : P

Last edited:

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
The main thing that seems unlikely to me is the FF7 remake coming to Switch. Maybe the leaker meant the PS1 HD port that came to PS4 and steam recently. It would make sense considering Cloud's now apart of the Smash roster!

Cuphead also seems iffy, but seeing as Microsoft and Nintendo are best friends now, it's not entirely unlikely?

Last edited:

Luigi player

Smash Master
So there was a K Rool leak that mentioned Nintendo themed Funko Pops were coming:

Look what just got announced today:
https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/1017441751785721856

Weird coincidence.

EDIT: Seems someone beat me to it : P
That sounds way too good to be true...

Finally Wario instead of yellow Toad?! I've wanted this since the first NSMB. I can't believe it. And a K. Rool and Dixie trailer would be perfect. It would be weird to reshow some stuff we've already seen, though. I'm calling fake since it sounds too good to me (and pretty much every leak is fake anyway) but we'll see in 10 days latest I guess.

Last edited:

Jimmy42893

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jimmy42893
Can we get a date/time on the "leak" that mentioned the Funko Pops? Today's Funko Pop announcement doesn't really add credibility to the leak if the announcement came first. ;)

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, everything in this Direct sounds too good to be true. The lineup sounds better than what they actually showed at E3.
I'm skeptical as always, but it's an interesting coincidence. Never in a million years would have predicted Nintendo making Funko Pop. I thought they were better than that!

Hidan

Smash Apprentice
Can we get a date/time on the "leak" that mentioned the Funko Pops? Today's Funko Pop announcement doesn't really add credibility to the leak if the announcement came first. ;)
The leak was at least first posted onto SmashBoards on Tuesday (so two days ago), but due to the discussion boards "new policy" about not sharing the 4chan links I can't find the exact time stamp.

Regardless, another point of evidence is what they state is in the Pokemon Let's Go trailer. Today we got a trailer for it and it was of the begining cities and first two gyms, meanwhile we haven't gotten a great look at the later/middle cities and gyms, which the trailer in the supposed direct said it would be covering.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Yeah, everything in this Direct sounds too good to be true. The lineup sounds better than what they actually showed at E3.
I'm skeptical as always, but it's an interesting coincidence. Never in a million years would have predicted Nintendo making Funko Pop. I thought they were better than that!
To be fair, Nintendo has a knack lately of showing off the good stuff in their directs, leaving E3 to focus on a few games. Did that with Breath of the Wild, and they did it with Smash.

And Nintendo is always late to the party, so I'm not surprised they are making Funko stuff now. Although the Pokemon Company holds control of their goods, so really it's them making the call. But we'll see if Nintendo also plans for Mario and Zelda merch in this little "direct" of theirs.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Folks there was a leak that came out a few weeks ago saying something about Nintendo announcing a Pop Funko partnership... I think we need to find that leak because they just announced a Pikachu Pop Funko today.... Nintendo and Funko really are partnering up..

I'll say this much... I'm a decent Funko collector and a friend of mine is huge into it and he didn't know about this Pikachu... I have a buddy who has some connections to Funko and HE didn't even know about this... Funko has been saying they wanted Nintendo for years but it was a pipe dream for them. That's one hell of a guess on that leak... I didn't see that Pop on any leaked upcoming Funko lists they went out of their way to make that a surprise...

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I could humor this leak if the proposed Direct wasn't so freaking stacked. Sounds like wet dream fanboy stuff.

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
I'm not one to believe leaks/rumours, especially ones which sound too good to be true (except for Smash Tour returning lol), but then again... The Funko Pop thing was confirmed (for Pokémon at least), and we got a new Pokémon Let's Go trailer today with Brock/Misty, so the next logical step would be to show Lt. Surge. And as for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.... well, Takahashi just recently confirmed more updates are on the way for the game. Though it could just be more Labo integration.

Grabbed my attention, but will probably be fake haha. Also, hello, I don't post here as often as I'd like, but follow the discussion and am a supporter of K. Rool.

Last edited:

Jimmy42893

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jimmy42893
The leak was at least first posted onto SmashBoards on Tuesday (so two days ago), but due to the discussion boards "new policy" about not sharing the 4chan links I can't find the exact time stamp.

Regardless, another point of evidence is what they state is in the Pokemon Let's Go trailer. Today we got a trailer for it and it was of the begining cities and first two gyms, meanwhile we haven't gotten a great look at the later/middle cities and gyms, which the trailer in the supposed direct said it would be covering.
Just found the original on 4chan. (Won't post the link though; didn't know about that policy. I found it by googling "Alright bois heres a leak for ya On July 22nd a 30 minute Nintendo direct will be held.") The "leak" is actually in two separate posts; the first post contains everything up to the Pokemon Let's Go trailer, and it was posted on Tuesday at 12:29:16; everything after that was posted on Tuesday at 12:30:19. Since they're both anonymous, we're once again in the situation where we can't be totally sure they were posted by the same person. (The proximity in time suggests that they were, but we can't know that for sure.) The Funko prediction was in the first post, but the K. Rool prediction was in the second, so even if the Funko prediction makes the first post more credible, it doesn't necessarily make the K. Rool prediction more credible, since different people might have posted them.

Top Bottom