• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

D

Deleted member

11 characters' seriously doubt it. But whatever it is most likely another fake it would seem.

Last edited by a moderator:

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
well i'm not giving up yet, i'll keep hoping that we get what we've been asking for. I have a good feeling we may finally get what we've asked for.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
11 newcomers total? that does sound good does'nt it? Would make me confident that we're more likely to have the characters we actually want with maybe 1 or 2 advertisement characters.

D

Deleted member

Sounds too good to be true 11? I mean I do believe Sakurai when he said not to expect,not many newcomers. Well we'll find out if don't get anything by the end of the month. This rumour is as good as deconfirmed till then I'll enjoy whatever, we get. Till our next big news. Waiting patiently for the king. And if he is not in the game well... The support will go on and I will support him as always.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
To play devil’s advocate, while 11 is still a lot, Smash 4 has 21, so it’s still far less.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I'm still convinced the base roster final newcomer count is 12 altogether echo fighters included.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
What number are echo fighters?
At bare minimum, I think 3 of them will be echo fighters including Daisy. I don't expect the number to go higher than 4 since brand new characters in previous entries were never outnumbered by clones/echo fighters

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
I believe we'll get approximately 11-13 newcomers. That would be a treat though time will tell.

Last edited:

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
So let’s see, we already have:
Inkling
Daisy
Ridley

Assuming leaks are true:
Waddle Dee
Simon Belmont

My hopes:
King K. Rool
Dixie Kong
Elma
Banjo

That would be 9 characters total, maybe add Geno for 10 since he had a Mii costume last time.

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
To play devil’s advocate, while 11 is still a lot, Smash 4 has 21, so it’s still far less.
Smash 4 had 17 in the base roster

To help Devil’s advocate though, Brawl had 18 new comers, the most of any Smash title, excluding DLC

And remember, Brawl had a full story mode with cutscenes, full boss battles, and all clone characters were significantly different from their counter parts. Along with having 5 target test stages, a coin launcher mini-game, the addition of stickers to add yet another set of collectibles, and a better stage builder than 4.

The only area were Brawl was beat in terms of content compared to 4 was stages, as 4 has around 40 new while Brawl had around 31.

Honestly, I think we can expect a good amount, the game would have been in development for roughly 3 years by launch, the same time span as Brawl, and since its one game that heavily uses the engine of the previous unlike any other Smash. I think we will be getting quite a bit of content. If we don’t see something like a story mode, then expect around 13-14 new comers, as most of the returning veterans are either clones (thus easier to make), were in Smash 4 but cut due to 3DS limitations, or had Brawl models to take like Smash 4 used.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Smash 4 had 17 in the base roster

To help Devil’s advocate though, Brawl had 18 new comers, the most of any Smash title, excluding DLC

And remember, Brawl had a full story mode with cutscenes, full boss battles, and all clone characters were significantly different from their counter parts. Along with having 5 target test stages, a coin launcher mini-game, the addition of stickers to add yet another set of collectibles, and a better stage builder than 4.

The only area were Brawl was beat in terms of content compared to 4 was stages, as 4 has around 40 new while Brawl had around 31.

Honestly, I think we can expect a good amount, the game would have been in development for roughly 3 years by launch, the same time span as Brawl, and since its one game that heavily uses the engine of the previous unlike any other Smash. I think we will be getting quite a bit of content. If we don’t see something like a story mode, then expect around 13-14 new comers, as most of the returning veterans are either clones (thus easier to make), were in Smash 4 but cut due to 3DS limitations, or had Brawl models to take like Smash 4 used.
I didn’t specify base roster. But as you said, it had more regardless, significantly more.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So let’s see, we already have:
Inkling
Daisy
Ridley

Assuming leaks are true:
Waddle Dee
Simon Belmont

My hopes:
King K. Rool
Dixie Kong
Elma
Banjo

That would be 9 characters total, maybe add Geno for 10 since he had a Mii costume last time.
What leaks are these now?

I haven't seen one with bandana dee

Last edited:

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
Waddle Dee was part of the Memoryman amiibo leak, apparently data mining found that there will be a new Waddle Dee amiibo.

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
I didn’t specify base roster. But as you said, it had more regardless, significantly more.
Sorry, it helps in clarifying, as Wii U didn’t start out with that many characters.

Brawl is honestly why I don’t get the time constraint argument. While the gameplay wasn’t completely polished, it was far from unusable, so the fact that Brawl had so much content on top of having the most amount of new characters, makes it hard to believe that Sakurai and his team aren’t capable of more than around 12 new comers even with the around the same development time and the new one basically using the Smash 4 engine. Unless there’s more modes, I can’t see time being to much of an issue as it seems customs were dropped this time around, making characters easier to develop.

Maybe there’s a new Adventure Mode as some have speculated. Which is why the amount of newcomers is less.

Last edited:

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
If we end up getting 11 newcomers and 2 of those are DK characters, this would literally be the best fighting game of all time.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
>Memoryman

Ehhhhh....

Daisy getting in Smash and having that extra data is most likely a coincidence. MemoryMan is not a reliable source for anything but Daisy hype.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
What leaks are these now?

I haven't seen one with bandana dee
I would also like to know what even semi-legitimate leak has Bandanna Dee on it. Simon Belmont is basically all down to the Vergeban (I know I spelled that wrong) leak anyway, and he isn't entirely reputable anyway.

My logic with this game is we'll probably get 15 overall additions to the game (Echo characters aside, but semi-clones count). As it stand we have 7 veterans returning in Snake, Wolf, Ice Climbers, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Pichu, and Young Link. Then we have two newcomers announced as well, Inkling and Ridley. That puts us at 9 unique characters. If my rough estimate of 15 is correct that would leave us with another 6 unique newcomers, and with that many I don't really see King K. Rool NOT getting in. This is the idea that has made the most sense to me in my headcannon at least...

That said, my biggest fears are that we really only have another two newcomers left or the game is filled with echo fighters (You can argue they take no time, but if there are like 5-6 of them, that is definitely beginning to impede into development time of other things with unique elements from that many alone). Or god forbid they actually just announced all of the fighters...

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
>Memoryman

Ehhhhh....

Daisy getting in Smash and having that extra data is most likely a coincidence. MemoryMan is not a reliable source for anything but Daisy hype.
MemoryMan, you mean MemoryMan3. That dude was always searched for in the GameXplain comment section as he would do nothing but say Daisy should be in games. What’s ironic, is that when Daisy was announced for Smash, he was nowhere to be seen with multiple comments asking where he is.

The Animator

Smash Journeyman
I am fairly confident that most if not all of the new characters will be highly requested ones(Though I'm sure we will still get one wild card joke character). I still think this will be Sakurai's last smash bros. since he is clearly trying to please as many people as possible; including all past characters and the "too big" fan favorite. Even the title implies this is the complete package. So it makes sense, he wants to make this a game to remember. And the best way to do that is to give people what they want. I'm still hopeful that we get not only K. Rool but Dixie as a semi clone of Diddy, and Funky as a DK echo fighter. Since they are making a big deal about clones enough to give it a name I expect there will be quite a few more and Funky is an easy one to do.
*edit typo

Last edited:

cothero

Smash Lord
I am fairly confident that most if not of the new characters will be highly requested ones(Though I'm sure will still get one wild card joke character). I still think this will be Sakurai's last smash bros. since he is clearly trying to please as many people as possible; including all past characters and the "too big" fan favorite. Even the title implies this is the complete package. So it makes sense, he wants to make this a game to remember. And the best way to do that is to give people what they want. I'm still hopeful that we get not only K. Rool but Dixie as a semi clone of Diddy, and Funky as a DK echo fighter. Since they are making a big deal about clones enough to give it a name I expect there will be quite a few more and Funky is an easy one to do.
Yes, this is probably his last Smash. It's understandable, the man is tired. The fact that Ridley was included means A LOT, Sakurai is more prompted to attend fans wishes than ever. He wants to end it with a love letter.

Last edited:

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
I'm still hopeful that we get not only K. Rool but Dixie as a semi clone of Diddy, and Funky as a DK echo fighter. Since they are making a big deal about clones enough to give it a name I expect there will be quite a few more and Funky is an easy one to do.
*edit typo
Could you imagine getting K Rool, Dixie and Funky in one single trailer? I don't think my brain could handle it.

PPNY

Smash Journeyman
If funky was to be in, it would likely be DLC, due to the fact of how later on he was put on in Tropical Freeze. I've yet to play it, but it would be unfortunate to see him as a clone, when it sounds like he has decent options to be his own character.

That being said, same goes for Dixie, who I think has a strong chance of getting in. I would hate to see her be a clone of Diddy when the two always played so differently. But I do hope she gets in along with K.rool. DK, Diddy, Dixie and K.Rool would be the absolute perfect amount of DK reps in my eyes.

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
funky is better as an assist trophy to be honest. K Rool and Dixie are better as characters

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I am fairly confident that most if not all of the new characters will be highly requested ones(Though I'm sure we will still get one wild card joke character). I still think this will be Sakurai's last smash bros. since he is clearly trying to please as many people as possible; including all past characters and the "too big" fan favorite. Even the title implies this is the complete package. So it makes sense, he wants to make this a game to remember. And the best way to do that is to give people what they want. I'm still hopeful that we get not only K. Rool but Dixie as a semi clone of Diddy, and Funky as a DK echo fighter. Since they are making a big deal about clones enough to give it a name I expect there will be quite a few more and Funky is an easy one to do.
*edit typo
By what's happening king k rool should be in this one it's his best shot yet

And yes what your describing this is another piece of evidence that the king will be playable plus geno and ashley

cothero

Smash Lord
By what's happening king k rool should be in this one it's his best shot yet

And yes what your describing this is another piece of evidence that the king will be playable plus geno and ashley
I always knew that Geno is one of the most requested characters since Brawl, but Ashley? I never knew she was so popular... Or this has been recent since she wasn't shown as an AT yet? People are speculating she might be revealed as playable because of that?

Last edited:

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
My logic with this game is we'll probably get 15 overall additions to the game (Echo characters aside, but semi-clones count). As it stand we have 7 veterans returning in Snake, Wolf, Ice Climbers, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Pichu, and Young Link. Then we have two newcomers announced as well, Inkling and Ridley. That puts us at 9 unique characters. If my rough estimate of 15 is correct that would leave us with another 6 unique newcomers, and with that many I don't really see King K. Rool NOT getting in. This is the idea that has made the most sense to me in my headcannon at least...

That said, my biggest fears are that we really only have another two newcomers left or the game is filled with echo fighters (You can argue they take no time, but if there are like 5-6 of them, that is definitely beginning to impede into development time of other things with unique elements from that many alone). Or god forbid they actually just announced all of the fighters...
If they just put the characters in your signature I think 95% of people would be happy, myself included

AnothenBlue

Smash Cadet
Sorry, it helps in clarifying, as Wii U didn’t start out with that many characters.

Brawl is honestly why I don’t get the time constraint argument. While the gameplay wasn’t completely polished, it was far from unusable, so the fact that Brawl had so much content on top of having the most amount of new characters, makes it hard to believe that Sakurai and his team aren’t capable of more than around 12 new comers even with the around the same development time and the new one basically using the Smash 4 engine. Unless there’s more modes, I can’t see time being to much of an issue as it seems customs were dropped this time around, making characters easier to develop.

Maybe there’s a new Adventure Mode as some have speculated. Which is why the amount of newcomers is less.
You're comparing a Wii game to a Switch game, which is a bit thick, don't you think? The latter will obviously take much more time even if, well, everything is the same in terms of content.
Hoooowever, DLC is now a thing and so time constraints shouldn't impact everything quite as much as they did in the past.

Last edited:

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
It's still crazy to me how K. Rool went from an out-there dream pick that had almost no chance in previous games, to becoming a character that is considered by most to be one of the characters, if not the character, with the best shot of getting in. It all comes down to context, I guess, with the timing of the ballot and Mii costume, and what we've seen of Ultimate so far. Ultimate truly feels like his best (but also possibly his last) chance, whether that's in the base roster (hopefully) or as DLC.

Hell, he pops up in more fake leaks than Simon Belmont, a character who was actually brought up by a proven leaker.

As always, we can't get too confident, or the fall will be rough if the odds don't turn out in our favor. But if they do, it will be glorious, and we'll all main the beautiful low-tier crocodile king together.

Last edited:

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
funky is better as an assist trophy to be honest. K Rool and Dixie are better as characters
Yes, leave Funky as an assist, so we can get the best DK character in

You're comparing a Wii game to a Switch game, which is a bit thick, don't you think? The latter will obviously take much more time even if, well, everything is the same in terms of content.
Why is it that much of a stretch?
I was just pointing out how Brawl had tons of content that took up time, such as a story mode with full on cutscenes. It had boss battles, target test, the most amount of new comers, tons of collectibles with the addition of stickers, a coin launcher mini game, and a more fully realized stage creator. All of this was gone in Smash Wii U and it had less new comers, a really bad stage creator with less options, and the whooping 2 boss battles that were super annoying and were just stage gimmicks.

Smash Wii U and 3DS had very little content compared to Brawl, more so on the Wii U side, but since it was split into two games, I’ll give it a pass.

As for Smash Ultimate, it’s one game, that uses the already built Wii U engine, something Brawl didn’t have the benefit of, and has roughly the same development time, yet everyone’s expecting less. We already have confirmation that customs are gone, so it’s not unfair to say that there must be a new big thing in this game, and if not, then there should be quite a few characters, unlike the 6 I see mentioned.

I guess my point is, if Brawl could pull all this off in a similar time frame, than why can’t Ultimate have more meat on it then bare bones smash, with all veterans and a very small hand full of new comers. I think we should expect a bit more, since previous titles achieved that success.

Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
The good thing we need to remember is that in all likelihood K. Rool will appear in the next DK game, Smash or not.

You have to consider the fact that all the hubub over K. Rool within the community has been normalized. But if you take a step back, if you think about how this all looks to a Nintendo developer or an intermediary outreach looking in, there is something eyebrow raising about all of this. There is a lot of talk, a lot of speculation, a lot of demand for a character that your company hasn't used in a long time. This character is so demanded that he can go to bat with even the guest characters from other companies. He is an even bigger fish when you look at him in relation to other DK characters. How many other DK characters have hogged the community spotlight like K. Rool? None come close. There are younger people in this thread that have never even played the original DKCs that now support King K. Rool after hearing all the talk about him. The community in a way has already revived K. Rool. Wanting this dead, "replaced" character is just a thing the community accepts as ordinary. "Oh yeah, K. Rool, that thing a lot of people want".

I think that's quite an achievement!

I think all of that is very eyecatching and I think it has already been flagged by Nintendo. Sakurai's team themselves already hinted at this by giving us the first acknowledgment of the character during the Smash Ballot.

We may have to wait a little bit to see the results in the DK franchise. Development takes time. But I am highly confident that K. Rool and the Kremlings will be revived in the next DK game, regardless of what we see in Smash Ultimate. We just gotta keep the hype going!

AnothenBlue

Smash Cadet
Why is it that much of a stretch?
I was just pointing out how Brawl had tons of content that took up time, such as a story mode with full on cutscenes. It had boss battles, target test, the most amount of new comers, tons of collectibles with the addition of stickers, a coin launcher mini game, and a more fully realized stage creator. All of this was gone in Smash Wii U and it had less new comers, a really bad stage creator with less options, and the whooping 2 boss battles that were super annoying and were just stage gimmicks.

Smash Wii U and 3DS had very little content compared to Brawl, more so on the Wii U side, but since it was split into two games, I’ll give it a pass.

As for Smash Ultimate, it’s one game, that uses the already built Wii U engine, something Brawl didn’t have the benefit of, and has roughly the same development time, yet everyone’s expecting less. We already have confirmation that customs are gone, so it’s not unfair to say that there must be a new big thing in this game, and if not, then there should be quite a few characters, unlike the 6 I see mentioned.

I guess my point is, if Brawl could pull all this off in a similar time frame, than why can’t Ultimate have more meat on it then bare bones smash, with all veterans and a very small hand full of new comers. I think we should expect a bit more, since previous titles achieved that success.
This is going to sound kind of stupid, but let's put it this way:
Imagine two humans. Both are tasked to draw as many shapes as they can under 10 minutes and they draw at the same speed. However, one of them is told to draw squares while the other is told to draw octagons. Who is going to have more results in 10 minutes? Of course, it's not as simple here, but without knowing what and when was finished, can we really say anything for sure? Besides, Brawl already had some weird stuff like Wolf. For all we know, post-Brawl games just...take their time to finish stuff? They're not going to tell the truth if it's going to hurt them of course, so, we'll never know.
As for the engine, do we know for sure that's it's the Wii U engine? And I mean actual confirmation, not that it looks the same.

Last edited:

smash puffle

Smash Ace
I don't really care much for K. Rool, but I hope you guys finally get your most wanted character this month, and get to enjoy playing as him when the game comes out!

Top Bottom