• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
User was warned for this post
How salty were you guys when Bayonetta turned your beloved king into a pair of lovely gator skin boots?

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
How salty were you guys when Bayonetta turned your beloved king into a pair of lovely gator skin boots?
Not at all because I voted for her. Wanted both, got one. Irked by the Mii costume at first, but content that they at least acknowledged his existence. I at least have hopes that he'll be considered next time now that they know there are lots of K. Rool fans out there.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Gentlemen.

Don't reply to thinly veiled bait.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
It's gonna take a little bit of time for this thread to get as much traction as the Kutthroats used to. But that's what speculation period death does. It is nice that we didn't have to wait so long for it to start up again, though. I'm sure this thread will get a lot more activity when the announcement trailer for Smash Switch, which I suspect isn't too far off, hits. We just have nothing to get excited over besides some words at the moment. So uhhhhh... Waves be nice today, eh?

I also just noticed that my poor signature that I had worked so hard on is now slightly cropped because of me not renewing my premium membership. I should do something about that.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It's gonna take a little bit of time for this thread to get as much traction as the Kutthroats used to. But that's what speculation period death does. It is nice that we didn't have to wait so long for it to start up again, though. I'm sure this thread will get a lot more activity when the announcement trailer for Smash Switch, which I suspect isn't too far off, hits. We just have nothing to get excited over besides some words at the moment. So uhhhhh... Waves be nice today, eh?

I also just noticed that my poor signature that I had worked so hard on is now slightly cropped because of me not renewing my premium membership. I should do something about that.
Speaking of waves, I wonder if King K. Rool would have a unique swimming animation like that of a real alligator.

But then again, he's got a few pounds on him
compared to Vector. I just can't see him emulating that same swim with that massive belly.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Speaking of waves, I wonder if King K. Rool would have a unique swimming animation like that of a real alligator.

But then again, he's got a few pounds on him
compared to Vector. I just can't see him emulating that same swim with that massive belly.
Yeah. Never saw the chunky Kremling King as much of a swimmer. Weight distribution for balance would be near impossible for the poor guy. :p

Last edited:

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
So I support, not sure if y'all need more supporters, but I'm out here anyway.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I don't know how many of you all are aware of MarioKing's upcoming K. Rool mod for Project M, but I figured I'd share some of its preview images here to spread the word.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I don't know how many of you all are aware of MarioKing's upcoming K. Rool mod for Project M, but I figured I'd share some of its preview images here to spread the word.

@Dudery and FAITH forever has kept us updated on this one, complete with the image captions, in the social thread. It's looking pretty damn smart.

I still love that image with K. Rool in the Kaptain outfit, gesturing towards the Halberd. It makes it look for all the world like he's stolen it from Meta Knight. :laugh:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Am I the only one who finds it funny that a croc is riding the Black Bull?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Now what only needs to be done is that Sakurai himself will be One Of Us... :urg:

But hey, K.Rool Street huh... We rarely talk about it, but it was a major bone thrown at us. And I feel we can be a lot more thankful for the exposure, whatever it might lead into.

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Now what only needs to be done is that Sakurai himself will be One Of Us... :urg:

But hey, K.Rool Street huh... We rarely talk about it, but it was a major bone thrown at us. And I feel we can be a lot more thankful for the exposure, whatever it might lead into.
Hopefully it'll lead into something like:

Donkey Kong Country: Return of the King

For the Nintendo Switch.

Aka "K.Rool and Kremlings finally return in a DKC game, and it'll be on this nice shiny, new console".

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Why not DKCR : Return of Kong? Let the story be about Donkey and Diddy going on a sort of expedition to another island, and in the mean while K.Rool and the gang take over DK Island by surprise.

Story takes a nod to DKC3 and it's story. And could help bring more level archetypes by adding a new island, whilst also using traditional DKC elements and level archetypes by using DK Island as a base yet again. But this while, they could focus on more levels using Animal Buddies.

Matter fact, play with Donkey Kong and his character a bit. Make him actually worthy of being called King of the Jungle and let him command a sort army of animal buddies to liberate the island from the Kremlings and their superior technology.

Make a whole world or sub world / sub plot where an Animal Buddy or forgotten Kong has to liberate / conquer a hole area by themselves. Let the Kongs team up in many different ways. SNES tag team with characters as Diddy and Dixie. DKCR styled tag team using DK as lead... Would make for a huge game which makes use of everything the DKC series as a whole has to offer.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Why not DKCR : Return of Kong? Let the story be about Donkey and Diddy going on a sort of expedition to another island, and in the mean while K.Rool and the gang take over DK Island by surprise.

Story takes a nod to DKC3 and it's story. And could help bring more level archetypes by adding a new island, whilst also using traditional DKC elements and level archetypes by using DK Island as a base yet again. But this while, they could focus on more levels using Animal Buddies.

Matter fact, play with Donkey Kong and his character a bit. Make him actually worthy of being called King of the Jungle and let him command a sort army of animal buddies to liberate the island from the Kremlings and their superior technology.

Make a whole world or sub world / sub plot where an Animal Buddy or forgotten Kong has to liberate / conquer a hole area by themselves. Let the Kongs team up in many different ways. SNES tag team with characters as Diddy and Dixie. DKCR styled tag team using DK as lead... Would make for a huge game which makes use of everything the DKC series as a whole has to offer.
You say expand.

I say out of character.

The Kongs are simple island folk who care about living relaxed lives. Sure they go wreck **** when they need to, but giving them an army just feels off.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
You say expand.

I say out of character.

The Kongs are simple island folk who care about living relaxed lives. Sure they go wreck **** when they need to, but giving them an army just feels off.
I agree with you here, I like the chill nature of the Kongs.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
And give us more overpowered feats liked moon punching (Donkey Kong) and island freezing (Frederik).

I kind of want K. Rool to have an anceint artifact that causes severe high tides or even a lunar eclipse.

Funnily enough, the Returns series seem to make everyone overpowered compared to the old days of the island busting Blast-o-Matic or Brash the Bear shaking entire forests with his fists alone.

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
And give us more overpowered feats liked moon punching (Donkey Kong) and island freezing (Frederik).

I kind of want K. Rool to have an anceint artifact that causes severe high tides or even a lunar eclipse.
I really like that tides idea, because it gives me the image of DK punching back a huge tidal wave.

Also, off-topic, but if there ever comes a day that the DK games get actual voice acting instead of just the grunts, I'm of the opinon Sean Schemmel would make a good DK

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I really like that tides idea, because it gives me the image of DK punching back a huge tidal wave.

Also, off-topic, but if there ever comes a day that the DK games get actual voice acting instead of just the grunts, I'm of the opinon Sean Schemmel would make a good DK
End of the final Boss battle, K.Rool activates a massive Tsunami to destroy some island in desperation to beat the Dong, DK has to to do that ground slap thing to send it back at K.Rools ship. As a player you must mash really really hard. Dong expands.

I'm in.

That would be kool. If that happened the game could be called DKC: Kremling Katasthrope or something like that.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Hopefully it'll lead into something like:

Donkey Kong Country: Return of the King

For the Nintendo Switch.

Aka "K.Rool and Kremlings finally return in a DKC game, and it'll be on this nice shiny, new console".
ooooooooooooh that title is just FANtastic.

no.

grand.

GRAND I tell you!

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
This one is really simple but to signify the return of K. Rool and the Kremlings, perhaps just this:

Donkey Kong Kountry

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Hey don't bash my idea just yet... Donkey Kong always had a sort of army. Consisting of his fam, and Animal Buddies.

I'd just like that they would expand on his role as King of the Jungle more, but not in a way that was out of character. I don't want another Jungle Beat! Or Mario vs Donkey Kong... now THAT was out of character.

I was just expressing from a gameplay point of view, certain areas could be completed by either Animal Buddies or other Kongs whereas Donkey Kong himself is occupied elsewhere. A retake of the Island from the Kremlings as a team effort. Plus if we get another DKCR, they seriously need to work on giving DK a few abilities on his own. Having a solo campaign of sorts whilst using other Kongs as Diddy and Dixie with their own abilities and maybe SNES styles team ups for other areas, and thus give the game more diversibility.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

Funnily enough, the Returns series seem to make everyone overpowered compared to the old days of the island busting Blast-o-Matic or Brash the Bear shaking entire forests with his fists alone.
Too bad Brash's best feat is child's play compared to the others.

But yeah. More Donkey Kong Country feats please (Hopefully with K. Rool pulling a much larger moon towards the Earth only for DK to punch it back). :troll:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I'd just like that they would expand on his role as King of the Jungle more, but not in a way that was out of character.
I could be forgetting something, but I don't recall any game ever dubbing him "King of the Jungle", or a king of any sort. That was something from the TV show, wasn't it?

The only thing that the games firmly established from the get-go is that DK is from a family of video game apes, and that he's Cranky's lazy grandson.

D

Deleted member

I could be forgetting something, but I don't recall any game ever dubbing him "King of the Jungle", or a king of any sort. That was something from the TV show, wasn't it?

The only thing that the games firmly established from the get-go is that DK is from a family of video game apes, and that he's Cranky's lazy grandson.
In one of Snake's codecs from Brawl, Otacon refers to DK as a king of the jungle. World 2-1 of Yoshi's Island DS is called "Baby DK the Jungle King". As for DK being called a king of any other sort, well...

:p

jordansweeto

Smash Apprentice
K Rool would be a really cool addition to the roster honestly!

I'm a big supporter of Rare-born characters like Krystal for Smash so K Rool has my support too!

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Throw me on the support list. In a real world I'd be already playing him and Dixie Kong in Smash 4 damn it.

Awakining

Smash Apprentice
Greetings, my old kremling komrades.

Although I do feel that it's a bit too early for discussion pertaining to a potential Super Smash Bros for the Nintendo Switch, I wanted to drop by and inform you all that the King continues to have my support. I'm not sure how likely it is for K. Rool to be included this time around, but I'll vote for him again if the chance comes up.

Throw me on the support list. In a real world I'd be already playing him and Dixie Kong in Smash 4 damn it.
Welcome aboard, komrade.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Greetings, my old kremling komrades.
Hey! Good to see you again! :grin:

Although I do feel that it's a bit too early for discussion pertaining to a potential Super Smash Bros for the Nintendo Switch, I wanted to drop by and inform you all that the King continues to have my support.
It's not too early. The game has been openly mentioned no less than four times by high-up Nintendo of America staff this year;

1: Nintendo Treehouse's JC mentioned playing the game during work hours, during a Treehouse Live broadcast in January. Since Treehouse is a localisation team, it seems unlikely he'd be playing older titles at work in the way he mentions it.

2: Reggie Fils-Aime mentioned it in an interview with TIME;

And we will look to make sure that in the end, we’ve got this robust, online environment that not only works well for our games, like Splatoon and Mario Kart and Smash Bros., but that also works great for our third party developers.
3: Reggie Fils-Aime mentioned it again in an interview with CNET;

People have taken shots at us for that (Nintendo's online efforts in the past). The reality is, the way that online experiences have progressed, it's an expensive proposition. The amount of servers we need to support Smash Brothers or Mario Kart -- these big multiplayer games -- is not a small investment.
4: And then, Reggie Fils-Aime mentioned it again in an interview on a Facebook livestream;

On Smash Bros. coming to Switch: Our philosophy at Nintendo is to have one great experience of each franchise on each console. So in the future, who knows when, you can anticipate that all of our big franchises will be addressed
This sort of thing is very uncharacteristic of Nintendo, whose staff are typically very secretive, so it's certainly noteworthy.

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
So the SNES Mini... One of the most important things about it for me and I'm sure you, is being another and more practical platform to have the DKC trilogy on... If scalpers don't sweep it up from under you of course.

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
If SNES Mini is a thing (and I'm sure it is), then I can guarantee the original DKC trilogy will be on it. This'll mean more attention to K.Rool, and more attention is good. The best thing to do, is if/when it's revealed, make sure to pre-order one asap, as we all know what happened with the NES Mini...

Top Bottom