• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Yeah, I would have loved for K. Rool to have the DKC trilogy SFX, but I expected him to have generic reptile noises. At least it's consistent for the DK franchise in Smash. Unlike a certain other reptilian king and his son.
To be fair, K. Rool did develop a cartoonish voice when Toshihide Tsuchiya started portraying him. So in a way, K. Rool is in the same position as Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, and Bowser in that his Smash Ultimate voice does not stay true to how his voice is portrayed in the Donkey Kong titles, along with the Mario spin-offs.

The whole Mario universe tends to follow a cartoonish vibe anyway. Ridley, however, is from a more realistic universe, so it's understandable why he sounds like a realistic beast.

D

Deleted member

Honestly happy about however he sounds. King K. Rool will sound great regardless.

But if they use sounds from DKC, that would be awesome.

And would sound great for him.

Been playing Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D favourite in the series, just love the music, levels, and difficulty. Don't worry though the originals are in my heart and will always hold them close. King K. Rool will always be my favourite character in it and the, Kremlings the best villains in the series to me, but yeah this is definetly my favourite game in the series, wish the Kremlings could have appeared, but I'm happy with the Tiki Tak Tribe they'll suffice for now.

Tidal Terror, Button Mash, and Rickety Rails have been my favourite levels.

The Tiki Tak Goons, and Toothberries remind me of the Kritters and Klaptraps for some reason. Not sure why?

Anyway I look forward to more, and for what it's worth those pesky Kong's are really likable darn that Donkey Kong for always managing to make me smile urgh. Anyway can't wait to see what's up next.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Geez that makes sense, the song turned out well and is a true testament to a great final boss theme.

But makes sense he got inspiration somewhere.

D

Deleted member

They must have been confused, but dang whoever did kudos that to them.

That was grand.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
There was a problem fetching the tweet
We're never going to see K. Rool with rum, but damn does it look cool.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That is one heck of a menu theme. Perfect in every sense.

A fitting and great theme for sure.

Love it.

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
I'm liking the new title change. That leak is also making me even more thankful we got K. Rool relatively early in this game's speculation cycle. We don't have to worry anymore about leaks and rumors.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
absolutely! I can just sit back, relax and watch everything unfold. I already got my main set in stone, everything else is just a nice bonus (although Mach Rider would be a sweet bonus for me!)

Tubbers09

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tubbers09
3DS FC
4811-7028-1398
Switch FC
5712-1549-9596
I'm so glad that K Rool was revealed as early as he was. I will admit it has been quite fun hanging out in the discussion thread as people try to prove or disprove whether or not the Grinch stole Smash Bros. After the ride that was the ESRB leak and the end of the Smash 4 cycle it's nice to just hang back and enjoy that my most wanted is in.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It's fortunate that King K. Rool was confirmed back in August, because the Smash Ultimate Discussion thread can really feel like a dead horse place whenever the same topics come up over and over again.

Handy Man

Smash Ace
I just got this fantastic print of King K. Rool yesterday at LA Comic Con! The artist is PixelatedTakkun if anyone wants to check him out. We were also talking for ten minutes on how King K. Rool's reveal made us cry, seeing how long we've been waiting for him to become playable, as well as also hoping for Banjo & Kazooie to join the battle. I agree that it's great how early King K. Rool was revealed, so many other characters have been dealing with uncertain fate since Ultimate's announcement, while we have been able to rest easy for nearly three months. We're so close to release date now, I can't wait to finally main King K. Rool soon!

image1.jpeg

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
I just got this fantastic print of King K. Rool yesterday at LA Comic Con! The artist is PixelatedTakkun if anyone wants to check him out. We were also talking for ten minutes on how King K. Rool's reveal made us cry, seeing how long we've been waiting for him to become playable, as well as also hoping for Banjo & Kazooie to join the battle. I agree that it's great how early King K. Rool was revealed, so many other characters have been dealing with uncertain fate since Ultimate's announcement, while we have been able to rest easy for nearly three months. We're so close to release date now, I can't wait to finally main King K. Rool soon!

View attachment 172645
Oh my my that is a killer print of K. Rool! That artist did a damn great job of that. I also am thankful that K. Rool got revealed in August. A lot of us would be nervous if K. Rool hadn't been revealed considering the leaks.

D

Deleted member

Picture looks awesome. King K. Rool, Krusha, Klaptrap, and the Kritter look great.

I don't have much to say about the diorama leak. I'll see what the others on their threads say. If it is real I would be happy, best roster I could ask for. Got, Ridley, got King K. Rool, Isaac, Banjo Kazooie, and Geno get added to that.

Dang man forget it this is the best roster in Smash history.

Hope it's real.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I'm liking the new title change. That leak is also making me even more thankful we got K. Rool relatively early in this game's speculation cycle. We don't have to worry anymore about leaks and rumors.
So much this.

If he weren't, you can bet the Speculation Police would be working overtime to say he's unlikely because he's "too wishlist-y," like is now happening with Isaac, Geno and Banjo.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
did you know that David Wise didn't even make the Gangplank Galleon theme for DKC, but rather another game with the highly creative title, "Pirates!"?
Geez that makes sense, the song turned out well and is a true testament to a great final boss theme.

But makes sense he got inspiration somewhere.
It helps that Rare used to reference their own stuff frequently, even obscure as crap games like Sabre Wulf.

That said, I'm happy to see someone link to WiiGuy's stuff, the guy is pretty awesome and is a pretty good game player to boot.

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
So much this.

If he weren't, you can bet the Speculation Police would be working overtime to say he's unlikely because he's "too wishlist-y," like is now happening with Isaac, Geno and Banjo.
They are all too wishlist-y. Sakurai would never build a game off of fan demand!

D

Deleted member

Sad but true, thank goodness the fans are demanding, their characters in. I mean I'm sure they all would have got in eventually but, the ballot and fan reaction helps.

Don't know what the future Smash games hold not even thinking of that, probably won't get them. Still will be watching though heh. But I hope characters like Ridley, King K. Rool, Isabelle ECT are in every game forward think they will be.

As far as we're concerned glad we can sit back and enjoy who gets in. Thank goodness our glorious king is.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Sad but true, thank goodness the fans are demanding, their characters in. I mean I'm sure they all would have got in eventually but, the ballot and fan reaction helps.

Don't know what the future Smash games hold not even thinking of that, probably won't get them. Still will be watching though heh. But I hope characters like Ridley, King K. Rool, Isabelle ECT are in every game forward think they will be.

As far as we're concerned glad we can sit back and enjoy who gets in. Thank goodness our glorious king is.
Now we just need Dixie Kong and Banjo-Kazooie to make this roster perfect.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Shoot don't much attachment to the bird and bear duo. But I agree their support, the impact they have on gaming history Banjo-Kazooie deserve in hope they get in they deserve it both, for the impact they've had and would be great in general.

Hopefully them, Geno, and Isaac are in then this would be a perfect roster indeed.

Wish Bandana Dee too but if not dang not complaints on my part. Already perfect once Ridley and our gnarliness King K. Rool got added. Those 4 would be cherry on top of the cake.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Guys, guys, I know who the next newcomer reveal is going to be based on hints in footage.

Donkey Kong reclining and scratching his arse in the same pose as Karate Joe has -nothing- on this.

Snorkel the dolphin

Cetacean Gamer
Switch FC
SW 6666 6666 6666
On this occult Friday the 13th I have decided to partake in a satanic ritual to determine whether or not King K. Rool will be in the game. The ritual candles have been lit and the number 666 rings through my head. It has all become clear to me; King K. Rool is destined for Smash. I have a good feeling that Banjo and Kazooie will make it into the game as well, making that three Steve Mayles characters forever immortalized in Nintendo history. I understand you may have your doubts. All that I will say is to ask Satan yourself. It is very easy to perform a basic satanic ritual on your own without any special reagents and doing so can only increase King K. Rool's odds of being in the game. Maybe he'll even have a red skin that makes him look like a demon, haha. Anyways, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how his amiibo looks.
:colorful:

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
So, assuming the Grinch leak is real, who of the newcomers except K. Rool intriges you the most? :)

personally, I am rooting for Mach Rider :D

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman
So, assuming the Grinch leak is real, who of the newcomers except K. Rool intriges you the most? :)

Mach Rider for me as well by a big margin. I consider myself a supporter of Geno, Banjo and somewhat for Isaac, but Mach Rider if my most wanted Retro Rep period.

SmashKeks

Smash Ace

K Rool is def my main, but in the same way I gravitated to Duck Hunt in Smash 4 (Granted in Smash 4 I liked projectile zoners in general, playing characters like Villager, Robin, and Bowser Jr. too. That is something that bodes well for me maining K. Rool, though I would main him anyway because he one of my favorite video game characters ever.), Mach Rider has a high chance of becoming my secondary unless I just absolutely loathe how he plays. Geno might have to share that title with Mach though.

StormC

Smash Hero

Banjo-Kazooie is just as near and dear to my heart as the DKC trilogy, so if bear and bird make it, I'll be thrilled, especially as someone who played a ton of Duck Hunt in Smash 4. Hopefully Dixie is DLC and then we have a genuine Super Smash Bros. Rareware on our hands.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I don't want to get everyone's hopes up to an unreasonable extent. But there's a non-zero chance we'll all be playing as K. Rool in a Smash demo, released after the Direct Thursday. THIS WEEK.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Yes! New Nintendo Direct happening soon! Finally the official news drought ends, with a Direct lasting about fourty minutes, or about ten more than the previous one!

I previously said I was tired with all the speculation (the 108 stages from CoroCoro, the box hypothesis, and so on) so I stopped being active in the Smash community for a while, and things shook up a bit with the recent "Grinch leak" (what an unlikely name for a supposed Smash leak). When I first saw it I thought the roster shown was so ridiculous I dismissed it as nonsense at first so I thought I would have no risk of being spoiled the final roster by seeing people discuss about it, but after reading a bit more about it it started to seem potentially legit. Too bad I would have loved to see Banjo-Kazooie getting in without the surprise if that's true, but at least I already got a pleasant unleaked character in the form of K. Rool. Anyway I'm ready to change my avatar (including Brash the friggin' bear) if we get more than one echo + one original newcomer because of the bet I did in my profile page.

Fun fact: this rumor made me look at the mural again and I noticed a few days ago for the first time that K. Rool has his helicopter pack on it. That means he's supposed to fly on this image and not just jump like I assumed.

The date and hour also seem to be very convenient for me. It also looks like I'll be able to watch it live alongside another person I know who anticipates this Smash. Like the August Direct, except it'll be actual live (rather than unspoilered non-live).

D

Deleted member

I love all of them, but Geno and Isaac, I've really grown fond of them, plus their games look great. They'd be great characters with awesome Movesets.

Direct will be great!

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133

None of the characters I particularly care about in the Grinch leak. But if someone held a gun to my head and told me to choose one of the "grinch" characters I guess I would go with Mach Rider or Chorus Kids. MAYBE Isaac if they sell me on his character/moveset. Banjo is cool but I have never played a Banjo game and I fear if Banjo got in it opens the floodgates even further than when Snake and Cloud were added and sadly that doesn't sit right with me.

If the Grinch leak was Dixie Kong, Medusa, Bandana Dee, Captain Toad, Isaac, Impa, and Paper Mario as the final characters, THEN I would be hyped but sadly the characters in the leak simply don't do it for me. I know I'm in the minority on that and that's fine. I can't complain the first half of reveals with :ultridley::ultinkling::ultisabelle::ultwolf::ultchrom::ultdarksamus: and of course :ultkrool: were so hype to me that I can accept characters that aren't my speed. Like I've said in the past it sure as hell beats the amount of newcomers I was excited for Smash 4 by a country mile!

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
With the additions of :ultkrool: and :ultsimon:/:ultrichter:, there's nothing more I could really want. So I'm just wishing the rest of you luck. Here's hoping you all get who you want!

Top Bottom