• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, how many of you guys believe this leak? Wait! Believe can't be the right word here. I mean, how many of you guys SOMEWHAT believe this leak considering the Funko thing, the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe thing and the thing Chrollo. Chrollo. said about the Directs on Sundays?

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
So, how many of you guys believe this leak? Wait! Believe can't be the right word here. I mean, how many of you guys SOMEWHAT believe this leak considering the Funko thing, the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe thing and the thing Chrollo. Chrollo. said about the Directs on Sundays?
Somewhat. Maybe it is just my naivety when it comes to this sort of thing, but I am just gonna sort of sit back and see what happens in the coming days.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Nintendo part also was leaked? I have to recognice that I'm not very linked to /v/ or rumors except if they become big enough, but the most hyped leak for Ninty I saw was one talking about F-Zero developed by Platinum and more. The Ridley-no cuts-Belmont leak, that also was on fire then, seems still legit despite Simon but still it´s not 100% accurate. Maybe I didn't read the whole thing but I don't remember a full Nintendo leak.
It was different from Verge's leak. It was a /v/ post basically saying all Smash characters would return, + Ridley + Daisy. Verge never said Daisy.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Somewhat. Maybe it is just my naivety when it comes to this sort of thing, but I am just gonna sort of sit back and see what happens in the coming days.
You might wanna edit the President part and replace it with PresidentWario there. I made a mistake when referencing the actual user.

And I am gonna sit back and wait as well.

Space Detective

Smash Journeyman
So, how many of you guys believe this leak? Wait! Believe can't be the right word here. I mean, how many of you guys SOMEWHAT believe this leak considering the Funko thing, the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe thing and the thing PresidentWario said about the Directs on Sundays?
Basically, I feel like the "leak" seems very wishlist-y, but the strange Funko Pop connection lends this some vague credibility that makes me hard to ignore for me.
Guess I'll have to wait and see.

Also uh, hey I'm new to this thread. I never really thought the King was all that probable until recently, but I've always enjoyed the character and believe he'd be a fun addition to Smash.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Basically, I feel like the "leak" seems very wishlist-y, but the strange Funko Pop connection lends this some vague credibility that makes me hard to ignore for me.
Guess I'll have to wait and see.

Also uh, hey I'm new to this thread. I never really thought the King was all that probable until recently, but I've always enjoyed the character and believe he'd be a fun addition to Smash.

Welcome aboard!

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
I love how this thread totally eclipses almost all the others. I'm feeling pretty hopeful these days, but I still feel ready for bad news...

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
Oh yeah, I may need to look again, but I never saw my name on the list for official supporters. If I'm not on there, count me in! You can count me in since after Brawl came out lol

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Calling it now, if this leak is real and Mother 3 does happen, the Masked Man is gonna explode in popularity as a possible DLC newcomer.

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
Guys, I just realized when reading the leak. On Sonic Mania Plus, he said that Metal Sonic will be the final playable character. Then it hit me, he apeared a few episodes in Sonic Mania Adventure, possibly teasing his playable inclusion. I think this leak is legit, like 75% for now. But if Nintendo announced a new direct on that date, then everything of what he said is real. And you know what that means. It's his finest hour!

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Guys, I just realized when reading the leak. On Sonic Mania Plus, he said that Metal Sonic will be the final playable character. Then it hit me, he apeared a few episodes in Sonic Mania Adventure, possibly teasing his playable inclusion. I think this leak is legit, like 75% for now. But if Nintendo announced a new direct on that date, then everything of what he said is real. And you know what that means. It's his finest hour!
That... makes a scary amount of sense. And considering how fanservicy Sonic Mania is, I would not be shocked at the idea of the devs allowing people to play as Metal Sonic.

Tubbers09

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tubbers09
3DS FC
4811-7028-1398
Switch FC
5712-1549-9596
Not believing this leak yet as it seems too good to be true. I will follow this one with more intrigue than the countless other "leaks" we get though. If it is real though, I wonder if this would be in response in some way to their stock falling after E3.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
That... makes a scary amount of sense. And considering how fanservicy Sonic Mania is, I would not be shocked at the idea of the devs allowing people to play as Metal Sonic.
It does make sense to me, but isn't Metal Sonic already a boss? What will happen to the boss if he is being played as? Oh, I know...

When Metal Sonic joins the game, Tails Doll (from Sonic R) is in charge of being the boss!

Tails Doll: Leave it to me!

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
It does make sense to me, but isn't Metal Sonic already a boss? What will happen to the boss if he is being played as? Oh, I know...

When Metal Sonic joins the game, Tails Doll (from Sonic R) is in charge of being the boss!

Tails Doll: Leave it to me!
They have already changed his boss a bit before, and Knuckles had a differing path for one stage and fought the Emperor, so it's not impossible.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
I'm very intrigued by this "leak".

Sure it includes my most wanted Smash newcomer, but still... Mother 3 bugs me. Everybody and their "Mother" (shoot me!) wants Mother 3 and those cries have fallen on deaf ears for so long.

StormC

Smash Hero
Let's say this guy has legit info.

What are the chances Nintendo puts the Direct on a different day and tweaks some reveals to try to cover their tracks?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Let's say this guy has legit info.

What are the chances Nintendo puts the Direct on a different day and tweaks some reveals to try to cover their tracks?
Have they ever done that before? I imagine at max they would change the date.

RetroMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
retrog97
That would make sense. Playable Metal Sonic in Mania would be so sweeeeet... Still though, I'm gonna play it safe and assume that this leak is fake unless somethin' comes up. If this leak is the one that I've been hearin' about all day, it kinda sounds too good to be true.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
I’m not completely sold on it but I do think there might be /some/ legitimate info in there. The 22nd Date seems iffy due to it being a second live stream of Nintendo’s booth at the Jump Tournament. As I said before, the only way I can see a Direct that day if its Japan only and it happens before the second tournament. Who knows, though.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
Speaking of the cartoon, I hope I'm not the only one who unironically loves to watch it. It's one of my favorites, and I bought both seasons on Itunes.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I’m not completely sold on it but I do think there might be /some/ legitimate info in there. The 22nd Date seems iffy due to it being a second live stream of Nintendo’s booth at the Jump Tournament. As I said before, the only way I can see a Direct that day if its Japan only and it happens before the second tournament. Who knows, though.
I kinda was thinking about that, actually. I am wondering how the Direct, if real, would coexist there. Then again, the tournament event happens on the 21st in the States, so if it is the 22nd stateside, would that make it the 23rd in Japan?

SeasideKingDumb

Smash Apprentice
Wow I'm amazed that so many things are falling into place for this leak. Even the insane amount of info makes sense, too. They may want to recover some stock with some big, cross promotional announcements. The Mother 3 thing, the FFVII thing, and the Cuphead thing are concerning me, but there is so much correct info written here that this leak is either legit or this anonymous poster on 4Chan is the greatest guesser of all time.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
A thing we should note about Mother 3 is that it is not a re release for western fans. It is an entire remake making it into a 3D game, making it Mother 3D. This could be a possible case of Nintendo recognizing the potential of releasing Mother 3 again(Considering Mother 3's horrible timing of release on the GBA wounding it's sales and stopping it from being localized in the west). They know there is a demand considering how much people wanted Lucas back in Smash 4 and the reaction he garnered. I think it is an important distinction.

StormC

Smash Hero
"A 30 minute presentation on: please buy Nintendo stock. Also here's King K. Rool and Dixie Kong."

Dare I dream? Dammit, there I go getting my hopes up.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I am curious how other threads are reacting to this leak. I only know that the Ashley thread ain't buying it.

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
Of course, anyone is going to (consciously or unconsciously) show bias towards ones that favor their own wanted characters, and against those that don't. Remember how quick we were to reject the idea of K. Rool as an AT a few pages ago?

As of right now this is probably the one people are most justified in believing, but I refuse to give it anything above like a 5% chance given how it really does seem too good to be true. I guess we'll find out as it gets closer - if we don't get an announcement for it within the next week I think we can say it's not happening.

But I saw that the Dixie thread actually got some traction for the first time in a while, which is cool. While my love for K. Rool overshadows it, Dixie is also a top newcomer choice of mine, and as long as K. Rool is also in I'd have no issues with her inclusion. Hopefully she wouldn't be an Echo (semi-clone at least, but original character ideally)

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
damm, i'm gone one day and its already leak hell. Well lets see now, I want to believe but never to certain. Having both K Rool and Dixie would be amazing.Guess we have to wait to see what happens. Someone please explain to me the whole story because i'm trying to process alot here lol

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
damm, i'm gone one day and its already leak hell. Well lets see now, I want to believe but never to certain. Having both K Rool and Dixie would be amazing.Guess we have to wait to see what happens. Someone please explain to me the whole story because i'm trying to process alot here lol
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/...do_direct_for_july_22nd_leaked_with_evidence/

This Reddit thread does a good job at explaining it. It's either true, and a lot of people including us are going to be very happy for Smash and other reasons, or it's a detailed fake leak that managed to predict or learn about one specific thing and make things up from there.

ESRB, Vergeben, and probably Gematsu all had doubters when they were first introduced for one thing or another seeming too far-fetched. I'm still not budging from my 5% chance stance, but I do recognize the trend. Leaks are fake until proven legit.

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
i
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/...do_direct_for_july_22nd_leaked_with_evidence/

This Reddit thread does a good job at explaining it. It's either true, and a lot of people including us are going to be very happy for Smash and other reasons, or it's a detailed fake leak that managed to predict or learn about one specific thing and make things up from there.

ESRB, Vergeben, and probably Gematsu all had doubters when they were first introduced for one thing or another seeming too far-fetched. I'm still not budging from my 5% chance stance, but I do recognize the trend. Leaks are fake until proven legit.
I find it weird that fallout and final fantasy 7 remake would be on switch. Unless for FF7, maybe thats the reason why they started over with the game. To have it on the switch. I'll be paying attention to this leak carefully

StormC

Smash Hero
The announcement of a MOTHER 3 3D remake might be one of the few things that could upstage a K. Rool/Dixie reveal...

This theoretical Direct is bananas, as Gwen Stefani would say. Hopefully it's so bananas, K. Rool steals them for himself.

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
came across this guy talking about a leak that mentions the july leak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tn0T81ycKQ

On the leak, it saids that at this event, the codename "king" and 'Doll" will be revealed at this event and that "ponytail" will be announced during the time smash ultimate comes out. The guy didn't link a source. you see it through a small screen. There is also going to be another reveal by the codename "soul" that wasn't mentioned in the july leak. Just thought I put this one out there. There are a lot of rumors about this event

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
came across this guy talking about a leak that mentions the july leak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tn0T81ycKQ

On the leak, it saids that at this event, the codename "king" and 'Doll" will be revealed at this event and that "ponytail" will be announced during the time smash ultimate comes out. The guy didn't link a source. you see it through a small screen. There is also going to be another reveal by the codename "soul" that wasn't mentioned in the july leak. Just thought I put this one out there. There are a lot of rumors about this event
Could we maybe get a timpestamp? Video's 3 hours long lol

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Is there anything that backs the leak up? I have heard it before, as I am an avid Geno supporter and it was brought up in the Geno thread. It is safe to assume that something is gonna happen, we have two dates that focus on Smash play when we have such a short time(Compared to Smash 4) to the release. I would shocked if no one got revealed.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
As Banjo-Kazooie is my must have for Ultimate, if King K Rool makes it in, this might help out Banjo as K Rool is a Rare character.

So throw my support for the King

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Is there anything that backs the leak up? I have heard it before, as I am an avid Geno supporter and it was brought up in the Geno thread. It is safe to assume that something is gonna happen, we have two dates that focus on Smash play when we have such a short time(Compared to Smash 4) to the release. I would shocked if no one got revealed.
There isn't.

Top Bottom