• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

SeasideKingDumb

Smash Apprentice
Dang Krystal from Star Fox just got deconfirmed too. This is like a slaughter of all the popular requests. Thankfully K. Rool seems to not be an assist trophy (at least yet) so his chances are still really good.

EDIT: Isaac from Golden Sun hasn't been confirmed as an Assist Trophy and he literally WAS an assist trophy. This probably bodes super well for Isaac fans.

Last edited:

Strong DK

Smash Apprentice
Our King is now last true big boss remaining. And i have feeling that we will see him in action sooner than later

GravelerChamp60

Smash Apprentice
Jesus Christ what a bloody day! I am for one personally disappointed with the new reveals today: Daisy and the disconfirmed characters is slap in the face to many Smash players. On the other hand K. Rool is still up for grabs and he has been my most requested character since the Melee days, but we will have to wait and see. I'm pretty confident that the DK will have at least one more rep since at this point with Ridley's reveal it leaves the DK franchise as the most under represented franchise of the original 8 character franchises. So I'm pretty sure we will get someone, but could it be K. Rool, Dixie, or both?

Coofle DeDoofle

Smash Apprentice
In lighter news, we're getting a new remix of a classic DKC song that ISN'T Jungle Level. So the franchise isn't being TOTALLY ignored...

MetroLSD

Smash Apprentice
When should we expect the next character reveal? Like what were the dates when Rosalina, Lucian, Greninja, Shula and Bowser jr were revealed in Smash 4.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
I think K Rool’s chances have skyrocketed, honestly. This game definitely seems centered around fan service, and while we wont have a massive amount of new characters like Smash 4, I think we still get quite a bit and K Rool will be one of them.

Edit: Also might I add that K Rool is one of the few fan favorite characters they haven’t gone out of their way to deconfirm. Knuckles and Kyrstal were basically at least hinted to be Assists (With interestingly enough Shadow nowhere to be found) while Waluigi was straight up shown to be an assist.

Last edited:

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
Was there any trace of the Mii costumes that used new assets (Geno, K. Rool, etc) - or the characters they represent, in the trailer?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
When should we expect the next character reveal? Like what were the dates when Rosalina, Lucian, Greninja, Shula and Bowser jr were revealed in Smash 4.
A general Nintendo Direct (so one that isn't specifically dedicated to one particular game) would be the best bet.

SeasideKingDumb

Smash Apprentice
I was watching some of the gameplay of Smash just now. Here's a list of all the deconfirmed characters:

-Waluigi
-Samurai Goroh
-Krystal
-Knuckles
-Takamaru

Thankfully K. Rool didn't show up at all in the gameplay but dang that's a lot of characters just out of the running already. Unless if they do an Injustice 2 thing where a background element became a character (Black Manta) then all those guys are pretty much never going to be in this game as a playable fighter.

SenSx

Smash Apprentice
They showed up the planned Smash amiibots, but 2 were hidden as remaining newcomers characters.
That makes me thinks those 2 are the last characters we will get, for a total of only 5 newcomers (if you count Daisy as one since she could be seen as a clone).
Sakurai insisted on the fact this smash will have less newcomers than before, and I don't think he would have tried tempering our expections that much if this amount was only slightly less.

Belmont is probably a lock, because Sakurai is obviously taking as much Konami characters as he can (Snake is back and Bomberman is Assist trophy + Vergeben Leak.)
So that leaves only 1 slot for a last newcomer, if it is not another 3rd party one.
Hard to believe K.Rool could be the one among all the other ****ty choices Sakurai probably prefers.

Last edited:

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
:link:

Strange how some people are depressed and others have gotten more hope. . . Myself being one of them. I feel having Ridley revealed - and from what we have seen and know so far about the game in general - shows that Sakurai is listening more to the fans this time around. . . . So long as K. Rool doesn't end up being revealed as an AT or whatever, I'm feeling pretty good about him coming to join the fray as a playable character in this game.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I was on such a high from the Direct that I scarcely noticed the wholesale slaughter of characters via AT reveals. Waluigi, Krystal(!), Takamaru, Knuckles, Goroh...

So far I still have hope for King K. Rool and Bandana Dee.

I mostly wanted Krystal playable for a better shot at Star Fox Adventures music making it into a Smash game, but that could still be a possibility, slightly stronger now that Krystal is in the game as something more than a common trophy.

SenSx

Smash Apprentice
I know I said it probably means nothing, and it probably does not but...
That "The END" joke, could it be some bone thrown at K.Rool and DK fans ?

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Oh, man...here's hoping that out of the 'few newcomers' we have, that a certain big bad kroc is waiting in the wings. He definitely has the popularity worldwide to make it.

Free the hype three! TWO down, one to go!

Travix Man

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TravixMan
I personally feel glad that Ridley was revealed. While I did not expect him to actually become a playable character, he is one of the characters I thought about for years. Since Ridley was kept from being a playable character for years and was finally revealed to be playable, King K. Rool's chances have grown for me. Not completely 100%, but higher than before.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I suppose the question now is if K. Rool and Simon Belmont will be revealed over the next couple of days. Based off those amiibo slots and the fact E3 has a couple days left, it's not out of the realm of possibility, I'd say.

Unless Sakurai wants to make us wait longer for a specific reason, that is.

Last edited:

SeasideKingDumb

Smash Apprentice
So a lot of people are focusing in on the "not too many new characters" statement from Sakurai. Why does everyone think that only means 5-7 new characters? The difference between Brawl's roster and Smash 4's roster was 24. I think it's reasonable to not expect that many but I think expecting at least 10 isn't too far-fetched. Until Sakurai outright says "There will only be 5 new fighters" then I'm not gonna be pessimistic about it.

But yeah especially with DLC in the mix and the fact that K. Rool hasn't been deconfirmed is great for him right now. I noticed that Geno isn't in the game either yet so I wonder if some of the Mii Costume characters are getting character treatment this time around.

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
I think K. Rool has a good shot still. K. Rool has worldwide popularity and he probably did well on the Ballot. I also think the Mii costume is a good sign, because it's new model and his old Rare era design. Based on what we've seen, I think Sakurai is prioritizing what the fans want. There seem to be a lot of little changes with all returning veterans (alternate costumes, moveset tweaks, etc.) and with the inclusion of Ridley, a long time fan favorite, especially in the West. I'm sure Inklings and Ridley did well on the Ballot, so I think characters that haven't been deconfirmed and have been wanted for years have a really good shot. I don't think we'll see K. Rool at E3 (would love to be wrong) but I wouldn't be surprised if we see him in the base game.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
So a lot of people are focusing in on the "not too many new characters" statement from Sakurai. Why does everyone think that only means 5-7 new characters? The difference between Brawl's roster and Smash 4's roster was 24. I think it's reasonable to not expect that many but I think expecting at least 10 isn't too far-fetched. Until Sakurai outright says "There will only be 5 new fighters" then I'm not gonna be pessimistic about it.

But yeah especially with DLC in the mix and the fact that K. Rool hasn't been deconfirmed is great for him right now. I noticed that Geno isn't in the game either yet so I wonder if some of the Mii Costume characters are getting character treatment this time around.
Look at it this way, there's 5-6 months left for newcomer reveals. If we got one per month then we'd have around 10 overall including potential echo fighters.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Ridley in Smash and "Everyone is here", is a great thing for King K. Rool, and the fact that neither Dixie and K. Rool are AT's is also a BIG thing going for the DK fans.

We got about 5 month's until the release, and I'm sure that, while there might not be many new characters, Sakurai is at least listening to the hardcore fans. Everyone is here as a slogan bodes fine too. If this where to be the last game in the series, and K. Rool were amongst them, then I'd never wish to ask Sakurai for anything, ever again, he would have made my dreams come true. At least from there on, my support will feel more free.

This feels like Eurovision Song Contest, with that heart faint moments of your own country to go to the final. Weird comparison, but true. I really can't wait to see if King K. Rool makes it.

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
I'm feeling quite confident about K. Rool's chances right now actually. If he's really going for fanservice, then that puts us in a good position. I'm sure it'll also be better if we remain good sports, so let's keep up our support, but also appreciate what's in the game now, because it really is shaping up to be quite a dream.

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
I'm gonna have to keep telling myself that even if K. Rool doesn't get in I'll still love this game, but it's not gonna save me from being disappointed if he's out.
Because against all common sense, despite all the times I've felt let down, even after being told by the big man himself not to expect too much, I am optimistic. I am excited to see what's next, I'm hopeful for the future. Ridley is the best possible sign we could've gotten barring K. Rool himself, so I'm absolutely looking forward to whatever the next six months hold.
I guess what I want to remind everyone (mostly myself I think) is that cautious optimism followed by a gracious defeat is better than gloom and doom the whole way through. But we're in a great spot right now, so who knows? If we've ever been in a prime position to see his inclusion, it's right now.

Last edited:

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I figured we wouldn't get K.Rool or even Dixie HOWEVER we DID get Ridley and Wolf back soo...I can't be too disappointed. I was legit going in there expecting another Fire Emblem or Pokemon reveal as the new "big 1st party character" and thank god that didn't happen we got something much BIGGER and better.

As for K.Rool's future I honestly don't think we're getting anymore newcomers honestly. I could be wrong but just the wording from Sakurai made it seem like all the smash characters returning count as our "new characters" this time around. I think K.Rool is dead to Nintendo honestly....

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
It's not even close to over yet

For one your all forgetting it won't be till 5 months till the release

Second dlc could be a thing for him

Three I find it hard to believe we are only getting 3 newcomers in this one

And four I think Ridley just shot his chances up because sakurai said Jen was added for fan request king k rool is likely in top 5 on the ballot

If king k rool is not in this one I hate to say it but he's the new Ridley before smash ultimate

Last edited:

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
Nobody?

Ok I'll be the one to point out this spectacularly minor detail. Clicking "Sort by Series" on the website gets you Mario first because ofc, followed by the DK series with a whopping two. I get that they're listing stuff in order and Dk goes back to mid 80's but whatever cruel master made this choice wanted people to see this weak sandwich of reps.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
I think we’ll get maybe 3 or 4 new characters, tops. Sakurai’s line, “I hope you’re not expecting a ton of new fighters” makes me feel like there’s not much left to show, but we’ll absolutely get at least a few new character reveals in Nintendo Directs to come.

That said, while I’m still less that optimistic, I think K. Rool has a decent shot. DK series is getting some love with the revamped Rumble Falls and a LOT of new animations for the big ape himself. With Sakurai saying that Ridley got in due to fan demand, I think that means the next characters will follow suit.

I’m not giving up on the Kroc king, not yet.

D

Deleted member

All of my needs have been satisfied today barring two others. Banjo & Kazooie(Unlikely), and THE KING. And honestly after today, I feel like he has a decent shot. Sakurai said Ridley got in off of demand; and he obviously knows there a demand for K. Rool with the Mii Costume. If he's not already there by release, I don't see why he can't be a solid DLC character which SmashU is bound to have.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
I'm hopeful about K. Rools chances. Sakurai obviously has takes fan feedback to heart. People are upset about cuts? Well now EVERYONE is back! Fans disagree about Ridley being too big and still want him after nearly 2 decades? FInd a way to make him work! Considering fans demanded both more DK content in general and K. Rool, Sakurai may be hiding K. Rool as a later reveal or secret character. I know its been said a million times, but this Smash seems to be the Smash in which dreams come true!

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
I think we’ll get maybe 3 or 4 new characters, tops. Sakurai’s line, “I hope you’re not expecting a ton of new fighters” makes me feel like there’s not much left to show, but we’ll absolutely get at least a few new character reveals in Nintendo Directs to come.

That said, while I’m still less that optimistic, I think K. Rool has a decent shot. DK series is getting some love with the revamped Rumble Falls and a LOT of new animations for the big ape himself. With Sakurai saying that Ridley got in due to fan demand, I think that means the next characters will follow suit.

I’m not giving up on the Kroc king, not yet.
True but we do know the presenters are sometimes sneaky or unreliable. Also, Trin Tran has said we're getting more reveals later in the year so it's likely we'll be led down the garden path if we don't know our boy's fate by like tomorrow night.

Dixie's Beat(Or Bonus Room Blitz, whichever way you read it)! One of my favourite DKC themes, great to see it remixed!

There is barely any negativity at all K.Rool-wise, just more questions than answers, which is to be expected. And you could say that for many others. In K.Rools case, cause for optimism and a wait and see approach. Waluigi, Takamaru, Krystal and Bomberman all bitten the dust this time round.

Character wise, very happy with Snake, Ridley, Ice Climbers and Young Link. Loving the art styles, particularly the Zelda characters retooled and especially Ganondorf. Wowee what a boss.

A bit peeved off with Bomberman being an AT but thems the breaks.

Not a big Daisy fan but keen to see how Eco Fighters work and how big of a difference, if any, there will be.

With more to come you can't kount the kroc out just yet.

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Considering most Smash games add more than 10 newcomers I would think we can feasibly see 7 including Ridley and Inkling's. So I think there will be 5 reveals left and I think that the "echo" characters are not going to count towards original newcomers and pad out the roster because it's just a character skin with slightly different attributes.. I don't think Dixie will be an echo....

K. Rool
Geno
Simon
Dixie
Banjo

Those are my thought's on a final 5. Some thoughts on echo characters

Black Knight (ike)
Akuma (Ryu)
Dark Samus (Samus)
Chrom (I'll admit not familiar with his moves as to who he could echo)
Hilda (Zelda)
Impa (Shiek)
Blood Falcon or Black Shadow (C. Falcon)
Shadow (Sonic)

I think the whole Echo character thing was emphasized on because I think we will see a decent amount of them. A nice way to give fans more character's without doing an insane amount of work. Daisy can be justified to have a full unique moveset but maybe while she was a popular choice perhaps she wasn't popular enough that he felt she needed to be unique so threw fans a bone by making her a Peach clone. We could see quite a few of these characters.

Overall I think K. Rool has an incredible chance at showing up, he has unique assets in place from his Mii outfit and it's clear this game reuses assets..he has the popularity here and accross the pond, Ridley made it (there's no excuse for K. Rool)

Also something else to note, DK's new model looks like he got a slight size reduction, he doesn't look as big as he does in Smash 4. Perhaps they down sized him for a particular Kroc to look a bit more imposing to his arch nemesis?????

Korporal K. Reep

Smash Apprentice
Holy crap this game looks great. Everything about it is amazing - the characters, the presentation, the main theme... this is looking to be the best Smash game ever. And I absolutely love classic Zelda! As for K. Rool, I think he has a good shot.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
If anything, Ridley's inclusion helps K. Rool's chances. I'll probably be beating a dead horse by explaining why, here. Plenty of others have done so already. It certainly doesn't hurt K. Rool's chances at all, that's for sure.

My biggest (pun not intended) concern now is how many newcomers we may have left, considering that Sakurai voiced his hopes that the fans aren't expecting too many newcomers in this entry. There are probably very few characters that remain to be revealed by now. We have no telling who they'll be, yet.

Of course, it's likely that DLC will still happen at some point. I'm not factoring that in just yet.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
God, I'm feeling ****ing great right now. Sakurai's really going above and beyond here, both bringing literally every character back, and going far enough to add RIDLEY himself!

We have a few months to go, and Bill Trinen did tell us they wanted to keep some surprises to keep the hype train going until release. If Sakurai's really looking for what fans want, it might finally be our time!

Daisy as an echo character is a nice bonus too. The more the merrier tbh

Top Bottom