• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King K. Rool's Frantic Factory of Tournament Results (Updated 1/5/11)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Updated and also changed the 2nd place color to Slate Gray because Silver is kind of difficult to see.

Aw yeah.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
just a suggestion, yall should scrap all the tourney records from 2010 at least. I'm just poppin in, reading a bit...guess I miss DK...but not really brawl :p

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I managed to win my monthly this weekend using DK/Diddy. ^.^

1st out of 15 at BC Brawl Monthly IX - March 3rd, 2011

My later matches were split pretty evenly between DK and Diddy, but I used DK for the vast majority of my pools/bracket matches before Winner's Semis. I used Diddy in Winner's Semis (for MK) and DK in WFs (won 3-1 vs. GaW). GFs was against Pikachu; I tried going full DK for the first set, but wound up losing 3-1. That set gave me valuable experience on YI though; I had never really CPed there before, and we wound up playing games 2 and 3 there. I started with Diddy for the second set, but lost game 1 on FD. :glare: So I took him to YI with DK for my 1st counterpick, and tied it up, thanks in part to the matches I took figuring out the stage in the previous set. That gave me the momentum I needed to turn things around, and I hit my stride with Diddy in the next game (he took me to PS2, where I lost game 4 of the previous set), and went on to take the set and the tournament. ^.^ The Pikachu had like, a 3-tournament winning streak going at our monthlies too, so breaking that made it feel even better. =P

I've got to give a shoutout to Will for this one though. IDK if you remember, but I was talking to Attila about the DK/GaW match-up on Facebook about a month ago, and it quickly turned into him talking to you about it and passing a ton of your MU info on to me. XD There was so much great stuff in there that there was no way I could remember it all, but it gave me a gist of how to approach the MU that definitely helped me win my Winner's Finals set this weekend. Simple things like "don't ever land on platforms" and "use lots of Dtilt up close" really made the difference for me. So thanks again for being so open to sharing your wisdom, and thanks, of course, to Attila for passing all of that stuff on. XD

I saved most of, if not all of my matches from my finals sets. So I should have plenty of material (up to 10 matches with DK) ready to be torn apart for anybody who's into that kind of thing. :awesome:

tl;dr - I need Diddy to help me win a local, Will's a pretty cool guy, and I might have some vids soon.

:005:

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
I managed to win my monthly this weekend using DK/Diddy. ^.^

1st out of 15 at BC Brawl Monthly IX - March 3rd, 2011

My later matches were split pretty evenly between DK and Diddy, but I used DK for the vast majority of my pools/bracket matches before Winner's Semis. I used Diddy in Winner's Semis (for MK) and DK in WFs (won 3-1 vs. GaW). GFs was against Pikachu; I tried going full DK for the first set, but wound up losing 3-1. That set gave me valuable experience on YI though; I had never really CPed there before, and we wound up playing games 2 and 3 there. I started with Diddy for the second set, but lost game 1 on FD. :glare: So I took him to YI with DK for my 1st counterpick, and tied it up, thanks in part to the matches I took figuring out the stage in the previous set. That gave me the momentum I needed to turn things around, and I hit my stride with Diddy in the next game (he took me to PS2, where I lost game 4 of the previous set), and went on to take the set and the tournament. ^.^ The Pikachu had like, a 3-tournament winning streak going at our monthlies too, so breaking that made it feel even better. =P

I've got to give a shoutout to Will for this one though. IDK if you remember, but I was talking to Attila about the DK/GaW match-up on Facebook about a month ago, and it quickly turned into him talking to you about it and passing a ton of your MU info on to me. XD There was so much great stuff in there that there was no way I could remember it all, but it gave me a gist of how to approach the MU that definitely helped me win my Winner's Finals set this weekend. Simple things like "don't ever land on platforms" and "use lots of Dtilt up close" really made the difference for me. So thanks again for being so open to sharing your wisdom, and thanks, of course, to Attila for passing all of that stuff on. XD

I saved most of, if not all of my matches from my finals sets. So I should have plenty of material (up to 10 matches with DK) ready to be torn apart for anybody who's into that kind of thing. :awesome:

tl;dr - I need Diddy to help me win a local, Will's a pretty cool guy, and I might have some vids soon.

Omg yes!!! Awesome! Congrats man =) And I remember Jesse asking me about the DK/G&W matchup for his own purposes, as well as to pass it on to you. I'm so glad it actually helped <3

I wonder if I should formally write out my thoughts on the matchup. For so long I thought I was just harboring all this matchup knowledge that nobody would really pay attention to.

And enjoy Yoshi's Island while you can! As soon as you master it, they'll be banning it every time =P

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Will, Please share all the Mu knowledge you have.
The Dk boards really need it.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Omg yes!!! Awesome! Congrats man =) And I remember Jesse asking me about the DK/G&W matchup for his own purposes, as well as to pass it on to you. I'm so glad it actually helped <3

I wonder if I should formally write out my thoughts on the matchup. For so long I thought I was just harboring all this matchup knowledge that nobody would really pay attention to.

And enjoy Yoshi's Island while you can! As soon as you master it, they'll be banning it every time =P
Thanks! I would definitely pay attention to any MU advice you'd have, though moreso for the characters I actually play around here (my scene only has ~20 regulars, and a large tournament for me is in the low 30s, so there are some MUs I simply don't get any meaningful exposure to). The most relevant ones for me would be Pikachu, GaW, ICs, and ROB, as well as Diddy, Marth, MK, Olimar, and the spacies to a lesser extent.

I really hope I can instill that much fear of YI. I have 3 characters I can CP with, all of whom like different stages. (though I'm taking a break from one ATM) Right now, people pretty much leave YI be because they have other stages they're more worried about, but if they start banning it on me, it'll just leave all my other options open. Win-win. :smirk:

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
I got 7th out of like 25 or something at an NCSU tournament but we didn't save the brackets. Stingers didn't make a results thread either I think. I also got 2nd out of like 15 in doubles with Stingers.
I'l edit this post or post the actual thread link if I have. don't add it if you don't want to.l

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
I just looked at the OP and LOLed at how long ago it's been since I updated my results xD

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=321082

Impact II - Franklin Square, NY
Singles: 4th out of 34

After bordering on being inactive this season, I decided to hit up a tournament after I got out of work. Luckily I made it in time for singles ^_^

I'll have to go back and try to update my results sometime, but it's gonna be tough seeing as how I haven't done so in what seems like over a year and a half haha.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Good to see more results, Will! I've seen some of your bigger tourney results and all but I don't like the idea of me snooping around and posting results not posted in this thread. It's a lot of work + it should be a choice to have your results in here or not.

Also I'm thinking of archiving the results we have listed right now, keeping everything in 2012, and just building off that new list. Opinions?

Neon!

Smash Lord
Good to see more results, Will! I've seen some of your bigger tourney results and all but I don't like the idea of me snooping around and posting results not posted in this thread. It's a lot of work + it should be a choice to have your results in here or not.

Also I'm thinking of archiving the results we have listed right now, keeping everything in 2012, and just building off that new list. Opinions?
This is a good idea, most of my results look horrible like this

5/13 http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=320157

because our region always has small and incredibly stacked tournaments (2 of TX top 5 players and 2 of Ohio's top 5 players who just moved here)

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Haha, yeah must suck to live there for local tourneys. But you're probably getting tons of great practice. I miss having them still over here in Midwest East but it's cool to see they're still playing.

Alright, I'ma go archive things. Woooosh. Actually just going to make an entirely new thread, it'll be so much easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom