• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King K Rool's Final Smash lacks some sense?

lucasla

Smash Journeyman
Looking to King K Rool's Final Smash, it seems to me it lacks some sense...

When he activates the final smash in some character, he throws the character in some direction and then there's a scene of him blowing up DK Island. The problem to me is that there's no animation of the character being on the island, like the animation of the final smash of Ridley, where he throws the character against Samus ship and then he hits the character and the ship with a laser that blows everything together. In King K Rool final smash, the final smash animation, at least for now, doesnt show some thing like the character being throw to the "nose" of DK's face on the DK Island for then he explodes the character with the island... things looks like that are separated.. if they dont show the character being pushed to the island and then receiving the laser, it doesnt makes much sense to me just show an island blowing.

You can check the final smash here at the end of the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBLnjibehdU

I hope they add something like this in the final game. The final smash is very cool, but it needs to show the character being hit by the laser, or it will not feel right to me.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero

When he activates the final smash in some character, he throws the character in some direction and then there's a scene of him blowing up DK Island. The problem to me is that there's no animation of the character being on the island, like the animation of the final smash of Ridley, where he throws the character against Samus ship and them he hits the character and the ship with a laser that blows everything together. In King K Rool final smash, the final smash animation, at least for now, doesnt show some thing like the character being throw to the "nose" of DK's face on the DK Island for then he explodes the character with the island... things looks like that are separated.. if they dont show the character being pushed to the island and then receiving the laser, it doesnt makes mush sense to me just show an island blowing.

I hope they add something like this in the final game. The final smash is very cool, but it needs to show the character being hit by the laser, or it will not feel right to me.
You can faintly see Snake in the eye of the island.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
I thought this topic was gonna be about the paradox of K.Rool blowing up DK Island only to return to the stage that's on DK Island and it's no worse for wear.

BonafideFella

Smash Journeyman

When he activates the final smash in some character, he throws the character in some direction and then there's a scene of him blowing up DK Island. The problem to me is that there's no animation of the character being on the island, like the animation of the final smash of Ridley, where he throws the character against Samus ship and them he hits the character and the ship with a laser that blows everything together. In King K Rool final smash, the final smash animation, at least for now, doesnt show some thing like the character being throw to the "nose" of DK's face on the DK Island for then he explodes the character with the island... things looks like that are separated.. if they dont show the character being pushed to the island and then receiving the laser, it doesnt makes mush sense to me just show an island blowing.

Easy fix. Just get the sound effects team to add a sound effect of the character in question smashing into a tree or rock after K. Rool bashes into them but before the cinematic. Don't need to make the cutscene longer.

lucasla

Smash Journeyman
You can faintly see Snake in the eye of the island.
I saw that, but it's too small, so small that people will not even see the character there, unless if they really look right to that position. Even I that was looking for Snake somewhere on the scene of the island could be sure that was him over there. It should just complete the movement of the character smashing on the island, cause King K really pushed the character to there, so it's not fun if the character is just lying on the rock.

Easy fix. Just get the sound effects team to add a sound effect of the character in question smashing into a tree or rock after K. Rool bashes into them but before the cinematic. Don't need to make the cutscene longer.
Dont need to make it longer to show the character being throw to the rock, there's time enough on the cutscene for that.

Last edited:

lucasla

Smash Journeyman
But yeah, would be pretty fun if the DK stages appear on fire after King K Rool's Final Smash.

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
Well Ridley destroys Samus' gunship with every FS he does, either you consider them simply epic cinematic attacks with no consequences or there's a certain bounty hunter who's gonna be very pissed heh

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace
Well Ridley destroys Samus' gunship with every FS he does, either you consider them simply epic cinematic attacks with no consequences or there's a certain bounty hunter who's gonna be very pissed heh
If I were her, I’d be more concerned about the halfbaked “updates” to the visual styles of both my suits. But that’s another thread. You get what final smashes be about :)

1FC0

Smash Lord
At least he finally blows the island up after 18 years.

Smash Lampjaw

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1307-1021-0308
It's an interesting concept of a final Smash, maybe could've done better in execution but overall not bad. Still glad he's in.

The DK Island paradox hurts my brain, though. It'd be cool if that stage changed to show the destruction afterwards.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Im confused.
The issue with the character is not something that even crossed my radar: I honestly don't care at all, particularly in a world where we were shown so little of K Rool intentionally. It seems more like editing, from my expertise.

As far as the "Island blowing up causing a stage incongruety," did I also miss the point when we never saw the island in any stages? There appears to be nothing about DK64 in any stage; the biggest issue with blowing up the island is that you could blow it up a second time...

1FC0

Smash Lord
Im confused.
The issue with the character is not something that even crossed my radar: I honestly don't care at all, particularly in a world where we were shown so little of K Rool intentionally. It seems more like editing, from my expertise.

As far as the "Island blowing up causing a stage incongruety," did I also miss the point when we never saw the island in any stages? There appears to be nothing about DK64 in any stage; the biggest issue with blowing up the island is that you could blow it up a second time...
The Donkey Kong 64 rap is used in at least 1 stage in previous games.

Anyway if the incongruity bothers you so much then just pretend that the island is like R.O.B.'s Gyro and teleports back in a moment when destroyed. Both do the same weird thing, the biggest differences being that the Gyro is on a greater scale.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
It's a tremendous amount of fanservice that required an enormous amount of time creating and rendering 3D models for, and delivers something most DK64 fans have been waiting to see for almost 20 years. It's Smash, it doesn't need to make 100% sense.

Besides, if you *really* need logic for *some* reason, he flies off the stage and takes his opponent with them to DK Island, only to kill 2 birds with one stone.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
It's an interesting concept of a final Smash, maybe could've done better in execution but overall not bad. Still glad he's in.

The DK Island paradox hurts my brain, though. It'd be cool if that stage changed to show the destruction afterwards.
Its the same paradox Ridley has where he repeatedly blows up Samus' ship. The same ship ZSS uses in her FS. And he can blow up Samus' ship several times.

The trailer's implication, I think, is that he doesn't blow up the island completely. Its basically depicting DK getting blown back into the jungle.

Tbh, I was just thinking the Blast-o-Matic would blast the stage itself, not something else. That's kinda weird to me. But then Ridley's FS does the same thing, so it doesn't bother me all that much lol.

Dan

Smash Lord
Lol, M2K went off on this:

Glad I'm not the only one.

I still don't see Snake on the island; is he in DK's eye?

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Many of the new Final Smash moves don't make sense. Even some of the old ones didn't. Would Fox and Falco's FS always be in space? Would Samus' ship always be near so Ridley can hit you into it, killing whoever and Samus still.

The Final Smashes have always felt like Injustice type super moves. Where they don't make sense objectively, but are still cool as hell. In Injustice the Flash will always run around the earth before delivering a huge punch....even if the stage you are fighting on is in space...

At least K. Rools is so unbelievable its funny. He blows up DK Island even if hes up in the Lylat System, because that is the scope of his hatred for DK. xD

His Blast-O-Matic will always prevail! GAME OVER!!!

And to be fair..when they showed K. Rool vs Snake. They WERE on DK Island.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I thought this topic was gonna be about the paradox of K.Rool blowing up DK Island only to return to the stage that's on DK Island and it's no worse for wear.
I didn't even realise this. My God that's bad :laugh:

Dan

Smash Lord
Many of the new Final Smash moves don't make sense. Even some of the old ones didn't. Would Fox and Falco's FS always be in space? Would Samus' ship always be near so Ridley can hit you into it, killing whoever and Samus still.

The Final Smashes have always felt like Injustice type super moves. Where they don't make sense objectively, but are still cool as hell. In Injustice the Flash will always run around the earth before delivering a huge punch....even if the stage you are fighting on is in space...

At least K. Rools is so unbelievable its funny. He blows up DK Island even if hes up in the Lylat System, because that is the scope of his hatred for DK. xD

His Blast-O-Matic will always prevail! GAME OVER!!!

And to be fair..when they showed K. Rool vs Snake. They WERE on DK Island.
Okay, but the whole thing about K. Rool's is I still can't see Snake on DK island; everyone is just seeing it as K. Rool blows up DK Isle = you die. At least on Ridley's you are clearly pinned against the ship.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Okay, but the whole thing about K. Rool's is I still can't see Snake on DK island; everyone is just seeing it as K. Rool blows up DK Isle = you die. At least on Ridley's you are clearly pinned against the ship.
They should have a momentary shot of the player hit by the Fsmash before it zooms out, showing that they're standing in DK isle.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Did i Miss the point as the why it doesnt make sense?
I mean other than blowing up the same location a half dozen times in a match.

It's not as if there are multiple K Rools, and we could have eight on a stage.

I really don't understand this thread. I want to. But I dont.

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
Did i Miss the point as the why it doesnt make sense?
I mean other than blowing up the same location a half dozen times in a match.

It's not as if there are multiple K Rools, and we could have eight on a stage.

I really don't understand this thread. I want to. But I dont.
I think you did yea

They should definitely make the victim more prominent on DK island

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I thought for sure this thread was gonna be about how the victim of the final smash takes damage way before the laser hits them.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
What if the victim is strapped to the blast-o-matic?

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I think you did yea

They should definitely make the victim more prominent on DK island
That seems a ridiculous...
it doesnt make sense because the person at the end of the final smash is not bigger on screen?

So it is illogical because of scale?

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
That seems a ridiculous...
it doesnt make sense because the person at the end of the final smash is not bigger on screen?

So it is illogical because of scale?
Are you messing around with me or what lol

The victim of the final smash cannot really be seen during the final smash. King k rool is just blowing up donkey kong's home. It's irrelevant to everyone except DK and Diddy.

If they make it so the victim is more prominent on king donkey kong island, like in Ridley's FS where he uses hyper beam on the clearly visible opponent that is on the ship, it would alleviate the problem

Dan

Smash Lord
Yeah, I'm still waiting for someone to show me where Snake is during that.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Are you messing around with me or what lol

The victim of the final smash cannot really be seen during the final smash. King k rool is just blowing up donkey kong's home. It's irrelevant to everyone except DK and Diddy.

If they make it so the victim is more prominent on king donkey kong island, like in Ridley's FS where he uses hyper beam on the clearly visible opponent that is on the ship, it would alleviate the problem
I honestly feel like youre playing with me as well. I cannot comprehend where the issue is. As was stated prior, the characters can be seen on the island, just in a tiny form.
Why does his final Smash need to more prominently display other characters, anyway? I waited this long for the King. If he is the star of the show for his own Final Smash, I say, good.

EDIT: Okay. I finally at least understand... I think.
Your point is, "What does blowing up DK Island in world B have to do with fighting Mii's off a ledge in World A." Or worded differently again, "How do the events of the final smash relate to the match going on."
Is that fair to repeat back?

Last edited:

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
I honestly feel like youre playing with me as well. I cannot comprehend where the issue is. As was stated prior, the characters can be seen on the island, just in a tiny form.
Why does his final Smash need to more prominently display other characters, anyway? I waited this long for the King. If he is the star of the show for his own Final Smash, I say, good.

EDIT: Okay. I finally at least understand... I think.
Your point is, "What does blowing up DK Island in world B have to do with fighting Mii's off a ledge in World A." Or worded differently again, "How do the events of the final smash relate to the match going on."
Is that fair to repeat back?
The latter, yes. No one can see snake. Like Dan, I still don't even see him. If I can't find him and I'm looking, 95% of the people buying this game won't see him. They simply need to make the victim visible.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
The latter, yes. No one can see snake. Like Dan, I still don't even see him. If I can't find him and I'm looking, 95% of the people buying this game won't see him. They simply need to make the victim visible.
Eh, I disagree that they need to make the victim visible, but you are right that also do not see him.
Honestly if KKR's Final Smash were him staring at the screen and eating an apple for five minutes, asking if he was relevant again, I'd still be fine. He is in, he is on camera, and I sleep better at night for it.

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
Eh, I disagree that they need to make the victim visible, but you are right that also do not see him.
Honestly if KKR's Final Smash were him staring at the screen and eating an apple for five minutes, asking if he was relevant again, I'd still be fine. He is in, he is on camera, and I sleep better at night for it.
But that has the intent of it's being ridiculous and a joke. That's different from what we have now

They went out of their way to put the victim on king donkey kong island. It's inherently not supposed to be a ridiculous joke. It looks like they just messed up on sizing him or something. It's bizarre. Maybe its just an early build and will be fixed

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
But that has the intent of it's being ridiculous and a joke. That's different from what we have now

They went out of their way to put the victim on king donkey kong island. It's inherently not supposed to be a ridiculous joke. It looks like they just messed up on sizing him or something. It's bizarre. Maybe its just an early build and will be fixed
Hell, maybe they are hiding something in the Final Smash to be another reveal?
Perhaps references to other Kremling characters :)

Top Bottom