• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King K. Rool's Appearance

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I think his design is the best one yet honestly. I always wanted a mixture between Rare and Paon as I loved both and low and behold Sakurai listened and did a combo of both. The King has never looked better IMO. The only thing is his in game model needs a little bit of work due to cape clipping and stuff. Can't wait to see his amiibo in action.

IggyKoopa66

Smash Cadet
NNID
Keemie
I personally always loved PAONs alterations in K. Rool’s face and proportions.

His face was more expressive... and boy do they put that expressive face to use.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
I'm satisfied with what they've done with the king. They appear to have blended the two models, which only seems logical given how long it has been since the king's last Rare appearance. DK64's appearance was rather blocky and lacking in detail., which means they needed to go even further back to the trilogy to pull most of his features from. Some aspects of the PAON design were necessary in order for him to really fit into the cast IMO. Such as the PAON facial features paving the way for some epic facial expressions like many characters appear to have. However, what I like most is that they stayed true to his more iconic features of the past such as the gold-plated belly as opposed to PAON's more fleshy one, gave him a much more rugged and jaded look on both his scales and cape like the Rare design. And of course there's the iconic bloodshot eye, the cape gemstone and his krown to top it all off.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

He looks very expressive and they got the look down tack.

Loving it and his expressions.

Looks great.

Scottfrankd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScottFrankD
Only thing that bothers me is the crown.. Wish it was bigger. A bigger crown would make him look more intimidating imo.

Something I quickly made:

Overall, I really like how K. Rool looks in Ultimate, but looking at the pics above I've realised what my one gripe is with it (except for maybe the crown being too small) - and that is his neck.

His neck/trap muscles are much thicker in DKC, to the point where you can't tell where the back of his head starts, whereas in Ultimate, you can define a neck/head line. The thicker neck makes him look more intimidating in my opinion, so it's a small detail that I wish they'd included

D

Deleted member

I like this new design a lot.

In general, it shows that Sakurai researched the character pretty well.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
I just really like how the golden belly is obviously plated, and how his scales and torn cape make him look even more rugged and wild. I can understand why some may not like it, but I like to imagine him as this long-lost character who has been through many hardships since we've last seen him, and has become more feral during that time and returns for revenge.

M16s PwN

Smash Cadet
He's dope, possibly my favorite incarnation of his design I've ever seen. They kept him classic enough to keep the old fans like myself happy, while also updating his look to look like a character that would come out in a modern game. He's beautiful, and dare I say it, my favorite design in the game thus far.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Did you guys notice when K Rool was shown in this latest trailer, his red costume has a green cape now instead of a different shade of red?

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
If you mean the "red" one that shows up on his Smash Bros website page, I think that's a different shade of red, more pink/purple. So it's a different color costume.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
The one thing we did not see yesterday was what his belly looks like below the plating. They never did check out what happens when it actually shatters and he gets "stunned"; I'm curious to see that mechanic. I'm assuming it'll be something akin to a typical Shield break animation that takes brutally long to recover from, but it'll be interesting to see what kind of visual effects it'll have given how much detail is in... Everything in this game.

Top Bottom