• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Media King K. Rool Tech: Crown Sliding

Plague von Karma

The Resource Mogul
NNID
chippy2000
3DS FC
1848-2511-8044
Switch FC
SW-0980-5769-9485
Whaaaat? There's no thread for this yet? The K. Rool Discord found it like a week ago!

Well here's the source for the tech first and foremost.

So, as you can see, King K. Rool now has a form of movement extension that can allow for some interesting crown combos, as well as some interesting Side Tilt setups.

I haven't experimented with it much but here's what I've been using it for the past few days;
  • Crown Toss -> Slide when it hits the opponent when coming back -> Down Smash
    • Around 40% damage, works until around 20%, could be wrong. Very nice combo for an early lead or potential kills in some scenarios
  • Crown Toss -> Slide when it hits the opponent when coming back -> Side Tilt
    • This is a mixup that can get some early kills, very useful for spacing in my experience.
Not as practical as it looks but still has a lot of utility on FD or bottom of Battlefield.

Guljy

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 3601 9213 6336
that pretty cool, how can you join the discord.

NVM

Last edited:
Top Bottom