• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King k rool question

Silask20

Smash Apprentice
Genuinely curious how this works. When a k rool down smashes me into the ground im stuck there long enough for them to get off a smash attack no matter how frantically i mash my buttons.

But when i play k rool they get out of the ground almost instantaneously at times even at high percentages. Had a donkey kong get out at 120% before i could get off even an up tilt so how does this work exactly.

Call_Me_Red

Smash Journeyman
First of all, down tilt and down throw bury, down smash does not. Down tilt has an insane bury time, so either you aren't mashing well or you're going for too hard of a punish. At 120% a down tilt bury is a guaranteed F smash (down throw bury is a guaranteed f tilt).

TL;DR git gud at mashing or pick weaker punishes.

whitesnake

Smash Apprentice
one way to get faster mashing -- go to your control setting and change all of the taunt buttons (the arrows below the joystick if you are playing with the hand held) to shield buttons

taunts cant be used online anyway so they are wasted buttons. but once you change them to shield, you can mash them along with your right hand buttons when buried to get faster mashing & get out of burials faster

Top Bottom