• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King K Rool is balanced but annoying

NintenEdgyMan

Smash Apprentice
Now here me out, I do think he's a good character, and he has many good tools, but he has weaknesses.

The problem is that he is annoying to fight. He has super armour on everything, making it hard to play offensively. This forces you into defence, even if that isn't your preferred playstyle.

As someone who actually plays defensive with Richter and Ivysaur being my favorites, it's still not fun being stuck only doing defensive. Have him attack and punish. Repeat.

I think the reason people call him broken is because they don't fight him correctly, and I don't blame them because out of all my friends I'm the only defensive guy because they find it boring.

Being friends with 2 K Rool mains, and beating them almost every time despite them being on an equal level when playing secondaries just shows that you can beat K Rool by being a campy person, which is not fun.

This may seem rambley but it's only because I wanted to get my thoughts out there.

Justin Allen Goldschmidt

Smash Journeyman
You know what, I think you hit the nail on the head for me, too. I couldn't think of a way to describe why I didn't like fighting him, but that makes sense. I basically *have to play lame* to reliably beat someone that's good with K Rool, and that's... boring. I mean, I can still style on him with certain characters, but it's so much easier and more effective to just shoot lasers at him with Wolf, or send Gyros at him, or razor leaf, or crosses, or whatever else he can't deal with. Worst of all, he feels like he just invalidates the other heavies for the most part, especially destroying Ridley, reducing the hype for him in the process. It's all a bunch of lameness and I cry.

Coyle

Smash Cadet
No character is flushed out. I’m sure you can try and find ways to play more aggressively against KRool.

See you out there!

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
From my experience, Bowser dunks on KRool fairly hard. He's a combination of fast, powerful, and grab heavy that KKR doesn't want to deal with, and he's not defensive at all.

Also, small characters like Pichu and Fox create headaches for KRool as well because of their ability to overwhelm him with pure offense.

Goddamn_Angela

Smash Cadet
Also, small characters like Pichu and Fox create headaches for KRool as well because of their ability to overwhelm him with pure offense.
I've found this as well. I annoying the hell out of K. Rools when I play Pichu since I won't leave them alone. Smothered to death.

<WUT>grape

Smash Rookie
I've got to agree. As someone who mostly plays k rool, it is a pain to use armor against characters that are small and quick. That feels like the only real option due to his armor and projectile game.

Top Bottom