• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King Dedede's Final Smash

Sagashi

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sagashi
But if he DOES get Masked Dedede, do they go with the mecha-hammer? Or the Battle Axe?

Canuckduck

Smash Ace
But if he DOES get Masked Dedede, do they go with the mecha-hammer? Or the Battle Axe?
Probably the Mecha Hammer.

If I was in charge of this decision, King Dedede's final smash would be Masked Dedede, and it would triple all of his stats.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
Masked Dedede is pretty much guaranteed. That explains why he hasn't been present in any of the demos so far.

Canuckduck

Smash Ace
Masked Dedede is pretty much guaranteed. That explains why he hasn't been present in any of the demos so far.
I wouldn't necessarily say it's guaranteed, but I agree that if Masked Dedede is the new final smash, they're going to reveal it later (probably right before the 3DS release date).

Metroid-X

Smash Rookie
If Masked Dedede ends up as a costume perhaps his final smash could be him summoning Kabula to fight for him?

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
His final smash should be the Grand Hammer from Kirby's Return to Dreamland. I know he can't use it in that game, but not all characters use only moves they can use in their respective games (like Robin with his Nosferatu)

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Masked DeDeDe.

He's got a lightning hammer, which can be a flamethrower and a rocket launcher, can unleash shockwaves, go into mad hammer spins, multi-hammer slams and all that other good stuff. What more could you possibly want?

Petrichor

Smash Apprentice

This seems to be a picture of Dedede's new Final Smash. I haven't played too many Kirby games, so I don't know what it is exactly, but maybe you guys can make sense of it.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter

This seems to be a picture of Dedede's new Final Smash. I haven't played too many Kirby games, so I don't know what it is exactly, but maybe you guys can make sense of it.

Last edited:

MechaWave

Smash Champion
(Basic translation)

デデバースト / "Dedeburst"

吸い込んで引き寄せ、ハンマーで連続攻撃。
"Sucks and draws in, continuously attacking with a hammer."

D

Deleted member

(Basic translation)

デデバースト / "Dedeburst"

吸い込んで引き寄せ、ハンマーで連続攻撃。
"Sucks and draws in, continuously attacking with a hammer."
....the translation didn't help clarify what it does at all. 0_o
Is he bringing opponents close to him as he pelts them with bombs from the hammer?

MechaWave

Smash Champion
....the translation didn't help clarify what it does at all. 0_o
Is he bringing opponents close to him as he pelts them with bombs from the hammer?
I don't know, I translated what the original text says. It doesn't provide any more insight than that. I'm just as confused as you are.

D

Deleted member

I don't know, I translated what the original text says. It doesn't provide any more insight than that. I'm just as confused as you are.
I'm not questioning the translation; it's pretty much what I got too.

But....I just....don't get it. Seems we're going to have to wait until we see it in action.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Thinking it's a cross between the Egg Catcher mini-game AEM linked and Masked Dedede's mecha-hammer as far as inspiration goes.

Gameplay-wise I imagine it'll either be some weird vacuum effect (cough Luigi cough), dealing damage for both bomb projectiles and hammer swings (I imagine he'll be swinging it back and forth and he flings bombs), or they'll be like temporary upgraded Gordo's, kinda similar to how R.O.B.'s Final Smash just adds on to his regular attributes, but with a replaced and obviously more powerful special.

Speculator

Smash Ace
I wonder if Waddle Dees will still appear in Dedede's on-screen animation and victory poses? It looks like all reference to them is being stripped out of him.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
I hope this looks better in action, because I'm pretty underwhelmed.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
This scan is from what magazine? It dosn't looks like either Famitsu or Coro-Coro.
It's a free promotional booklet you can get at the electronic or video game store. I got mine the other day by going to a store called Joshin.

Last edited:
Top Bottom