• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King Dedede tier

D

Deleted member

Who does Dedede do well against in Ultimate? I’ve watched a lot of Big D plays and he seems to do have balanced matchups (around half that are favorable, one quarter that’s even and one quarter unfavorable).

Zero ranks him in Mid-Bottom tier, probably because of his abysmal air speed and susceptiblity to combos. I’d say he’s on Mid-Top tier because of many of his attacks being much stronger and faster (forward smash I’d put in).

What do you guys think?

D

Deleted member

Doesn’t King Dedede have several dedicated mains? (Big D is the most prominent, but ZAKI and Mike are a few others I noticed on YouTube).

Every time I go to YouTube, there’s another Dedede player there. Seems like he’s not the most popular choice, but a relatively viable character against certain matchups (Of course, top tiers like Peach/Daisy and Pichu counter the penguin).

Dr. Corndog

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DrCecilCorndog
You get a skewed perception watching Big D. He's an incredible player, on a level above any other Dedede player I've seen. I still think Dedede is a solid mid tier (not low), but Big D makes him look even better than he is.

SecretAsianMan

Smash Apprentice
Personally I belive that Zaki is a better Dedede than Big D, though not by much. There are other D3 mains popping up everywere (Kid Goggles is a good example), but I digress.
Dedede in my opinion is a solid Mid-tier, being a heavyweight with some advantages of a swordie
He has one of the best recoveries that allows for many mixups or at least the best endurance in the game with the multi jumps and the big Daddy jump.
He has a projectile that some people may call it bad just because you can punch it back but the same people also call it "annoying" so it means it works fine.
All kill moves (bar up air) do a **** ton of shield damage, but many characters have this perk. Still notable though
He has a somewhat inconsistent reflector, but it does help with some machups

But, great or not, he is still a fastfaller AND a heavy, he is the definition of combo food.
His reflector is slow, so it does help but is extremely easy to work around.

lets face it all Dedede mains instinctively hold down on the analog stick after every kill.

Top Bottom