• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King Dedede MU Charts

Doc King

Smash Lord
:dedede: MU Chart V1.0:
-3: :popo:
-2: :metaknight: :falco: :olimar: :pikachu2: :zerosuitsamus:
-1: :diddy: :fox: :pit: :sheilda:
0: :gw: :toonlink: :kirby2: :peach: :sheik:
1: :snake: :wario: :marth: :sonic: :yoshi2: :zelda:
2: :lucario: :wolf: :ike: :lucas: :falcon:
3: :rob: :luigi2: :ness2: :pt: :mario2: :samus2: :jigglypuff: :link2: :ganondorf:
4: :dk2: :bowser2:

:dedede: MU Chart V2.0:
-2: :diddy: :falco: :metaknight: :olimar: :pikachu2: :zerosuitsamus:
-1: :fox: :sheilda:
0: :gw: :kirby2: :peach: :pit: :sheik: :toonlink:
1: :lucario: :marth: :snake: :sonic: :yoshi2:
2: :falcon: :ike: :jigglypuff: :lucas: :luigi2: :rob: :wario: :zelda:
3: :ganondorf: :link2: :ness2: :mario2: :pt: :samus2: :wolf:
4: :bowser2: :dk2:

[collapse=Ordered Matchup Rankings (V2.0 Only)] :pikachu2:
-2: :olimar:
-1: :diddy: :popo: :lucario: :gw:
0: :ness2: :peach: :metaknight: :marth: :wario: :toonlink: :kirby2:
+1: :zerosuitsamus: :mario2: :ike: :sonic: :pit: :rob: :snake: :luigi2: :yoshi2:
+2: :lucas: :dk2: :dedede: :pt: :samus2: :jigglypuff: :falco: :bowser2: :sheilda: :zelda: :link2:
+3::wolf: :sheik: :fox: :ganondorf: :falcon:

:wolf:
-3: :dedede: | :pikachu2:
-2: :wario:
-1: :metaknight: :snake: | :sheilda: :sheik: :diddy: :falco:
0: :popo: :marth: :olimar: :rob: :pit: | :lucario: :zerosuitsamus: :fox: | :gw: :kirby2:
+1: :toonlink: :ike: | :sonic: :peach: :lucas: :dk2: | :bowser2: :luigi2:
+2: :ness2: :pt: :mario2: :yoshi2: | :link2: :samus2: :jigglypuff: | :zelda: :ganondorf: :falcon:

:bowser2:
4: :popo: | :dedede:
-3::metaknight: :yoshi2: :wario:
-2: :olimar: :diddy: :falco: | :snake: :pit: :pikachu2: :peach: | :zerosuitsamus: :toonlink: | :gw: :marth: :fox: :samus2:
-1: :wolf: :lucario: | :dk2: :sonic: :ness2: :sheilda: :sheik: :rob: :pt: :kirby2: | :zelda: :luigi2:
0: :ike: :link2: :mario2: :falcon:
1: :lucas: :ganondorf:
2: :jigglypuff:

:jigglypuff:
-4: :gw:
-3: :snake: :marth: :dk2: :metaknight: | :zerosuitsamus: :olimar: :rob:
-2: :lucario: :toonlink: :pikachu2: :popo: :dedede: | :yoshi2: :bowser2: :peach: :falco: :pit: | :diddy: :wario: :fox: :kirby2: :lucas: :wolf: :pt:
-1: :sonic: :luigi2: | :sheilda: :sheik: :ness2: :mario2: :samus2:
0: :ike: | :zelda: :falcon: :link2:
2: :ganondorf:[/collapse]

:dedede: Matchup Rank (V2.0 Only):

:dedede: is ranked 9th out of 38th in the V2.0 Matchup Chart.

:dedede: MU Writeups (V2.0 Only):

[collapse=Dedede vs Snake (+1/-1) by Technical_Chase]:dedede: vs :snake: SUMMARY
(+1 KING DEDEDE'S FAVOR)
(No change from MU chart ver 1.0)

This is a matchup centered around patience. King Dedede's stellar grab game poses a big threat for Snake through sheer damage output alone. However, the real danger lies in what can happen to the Snake once Dedede has chaingrabbed him to the ledge. With a proper read after a down throw or pummel release off the edge, Dedede has the potential to do massive amounts of damage or even take a stock if he reads correctly. Getting that prized grab is not without a challenge though. Snake's superior projectile game coupled with Dedede's lackluster mobility makes it very difficult for Dedede to approach at times. With patience, Dedede can get inside, but rarely without taking damage. Snake's tilts ensure that rushing in blindly is ill-advised and he is also very good at juggling Dedede due to his large frame and weight. If Dedede loses his position, Snake can pressure him and often rack on the damage while he has the momentum. Dedede on the other hand does have the ability to poke safely once he's gotten into mid-range. Snake must always be cautious with his tilts and grenades at this distance or he will be punished. While Dedede excels when Snake is off stage, Snake is in turn also very good at edgeguarding Dedede and can force Dedede into some compromising positions that lead to a lot of damage. Dedede must be very careful about Mortars, Grenades, and C4s/Landmines in order to get back on the stage safely. Super Dedede Jump is very punishable by most characters; Snake is no exception.

Overall, this matchup is a fairly close one. Dedede wins in the air and off the stage. Snake generally wins on the stage and both characters have the ability to pressure each other very well when the other is attempting to recover. Snake has an easier time outright killing in this MU, however Dedede's grabs and strong aerials give him more opportunities for a kill as a result of positioning. As both characters will typically be living to high percentages due to their sheer weight, it is not uncommon for this matchup to go (close) to time. Because of the advantages Dedede's chaingrab yields him and his dominance in the air, Dedede is believed to have a slight edge here. However, this is by no means a cakewalk for Dedede. Patience and capitalizing on each other's breaks in defenses is essential for both characters' victory.

Recommended vids:

Seibrik vs MVD

Bizkit vs Atomsk

Fatal vs Atomsk
[/collapse]

[collapse=Dedede vs Sheik (0/0) by Technical_Chase]:dedede: vs :sheik: SUMMARY
(EVEN)
(No change from MU chart ver 1.0)

Two characters that operate on very different mechanics; regarded to be an even matchup.

Characteristic of a ninja-based character, Sheik is very quick and a great deal of her moves are quick as well. Paired against King Dedede's slower moveset, she is a very troublesome opponent for him. Her F-Tilt lock is usually a great tool for damage racking, and here is no different. She is able to tack on damage on King Dedede very quickly, safely and efficiently. Her quick mobility also allows her to safely maneuver around a lot of King Dedede's attacks and can bait him into some awkward positions. Her Needles go a great job of racking on damage safely, and punishing King Dedede's landings as well as his recovery.

And speaking of the recovery, Sheik is also good at taking advantage there. Her quick moves enable her to frame trap him and force reactions and awkward Super Dedede Jumps. Often times, Dedede will come back on the stage but not after acquiring some damage.

Now on the flip side, King Dedede has a lot going for him in this matchup as well. His superior grab range, can outrange a lot of Sheik's tools in mid range and rack up the damage as well. F-Tilt when spaced is a great poking tool as well. In close range, Dedede can often surprise her with well timed Swallows for some quick damage. With the grab armor on it as well, Dedede does NOT mind taking a hit to get that free damage with a character as light as Sheik. The opportunities for hard punishes don't come along too often but frankly, he doesn't need to hit her that much. Unlike him, Sheik is incredibly light and dies very early to Up-Tilt and respectably early to fresh Back-air or Forward Air. The fact that he also SIGNIFICANTLY outlives her due to him weight and her lackluster killing power allows him to play catch-up efficiently. This is the main reason why Dedede is able to keep with up with limber ninja.

And off stage, Sheik has to be very careful as well. Back-air can ruin her recovery if he catches her the right way. Sheik has to get creative and mix it up, if she wants to avoid being Back-air chained too far to Vanish or Chain back to the ledge. The weak hit of Back-air is actually more dangerous in this situation than the stronger hit. Dedede's Down Tilt should also be watched out for for Sheiks seeking to grab the ledge. The trajectory can put her in a very bad situation.

So Sheik racks up the damage faster and safer while Dedede significantly outlives her and kills much earlier is most cases. Both characters can put a serious hurting on each other off stage as well making this a very close matchup all in all.[/collapse]

[COLLAPSE="Diddy vs. Dedede (+2/-2) by Player-1"]King Dedede:

As Diddy against King Dedede, you can just camp and then throw some pokes in until you get him in a good combo setup. Side-b is really good against a D3 that likes to sit in his shield, but be warned that D3 can spotdodge it and easily punish the kick part with a bair. The two biggest things going for D3 in this MU is his weight, allowing him to live for a long time, and edgeguarding Diddy. D3 is one of the heaviest characters in the game so Diddy probably won't be killing unless he's at the edge at around 140%-150% (if he has good DI). Diddy can also edgeguard him really well. A lot of D3s like to go for the edge with their midair jumps when recovering, so Diddy can just surround the edge of stage with bananas and grab the edge at the last second before D3 grabs. That way, they're forced to use their up-b, and if they land on stage, then'll be pressured with the bananas.

I would argue that D3 is one of the best characters at edgeguarding Diddy, but only really when Diddy doesn't have a 2nd jump. If Diddy doesn't have a 2nd jump and he gets hit, then he'll either have to use his side-b (which is easy to get hit out of especially with D3), or he can use his up-b, BUT his up-b won't get the stalling ability it normally does, and will fall at a normal fall rate which is very easy to gimp.

Diddy can die early to D3's utilt, but it's pretty easy to avoid along with bair, which are his 2 main killing moves. You don't want to be directly above D3's head as Diddy. If you stay away from that, you'll be fine.

In this MU, I usually ban Castle Siege or Frigate as Diddy. I ban Castle Siege for the walk offs and Frigate for the difficulty in recovering. D3 also has a bad time recovering here as well, so it can go either way. I like CPing BF over FD. On FD he can CG you for a longer period of time and easily get you off stage, but BF I find it easier to camp on due to the platforms hurting D3's aerial approaches, bananas on platforms still mess up his CG, it's a small stage and very easy combo especially due to Diddy's ability to easily get him above him and the platforms.[/COLLAPSE]

[collapse=Wolf vs Dedede (-3/+3) by Ishieymoro]
Previously: +2/-2

Reasoning:

King Dedede is agreed to be Wolf’s worst matchup by virtually all Wolf mains. He has a theoretical 0-to-death with the smallstep down-throw chain-grab > ledge infinite > down-tilt, and even without all of that he can force Wolf onto the ledge with the regular down-throw chain-grab and trap him there extremely well. Once on the ledge, Wolf is hard-pressed to get back onto the stage without getting regrabbed or hit by a back-air/up-tilt from a patient Dedede. This in essence means that one mistake from Wolf can result in a ton of damage and getting stuck in a very disadvantageous position. Not to mention that aside from this horribly skewed risk/reward ratio, King Dedede outlives Wolf significantly. While the matchup isn’t quite unwinnable, the concept of a high-level Wolf beating a high-level Dedede in tournament is basically unheard of, and as such we felt it was fair to upgrade this to a +/-3, especially when consider that Wolf has other -3 matchups in this version of the matchup chart.

Something that differentiates Dedede from Wolf’s other bad chain-grab matchups in the eyes of most Wolf mains is his ability to pressure Wolf into the grab. Because of his huge grab range, spacing aerials on Dedede’s shield requires the utmost precision to avoid punishment. This essentially allows Dedede to slowly approach Wolf from the ground and eventually corner Wolf with his strong defensive options, at which point Wolf is forced to make a risky crossover. Dedede’s back-air is also good at stuffing many of Wolf’s approaches and can lead into a grab at low percents, and combined with his up-tilt and forward-air makes it relatively easy for Dedede to beat out Wolf’s platform camping.

Recommended Videos:

Almost any set of Coney (:dedede:) versus Seagull (:wolf:) (MD) [search them on YouTube, there are a ton of videos]
Tonie :dedede: versus Semifer :wolf: (EU)
Michael Hey :dedede: versus Choice :wolf: (NorCal)[/collapse]

Changes from V1.0 to V2.0:

:wario: went from +1 to +2
:wolf: went from +2 to +3
:pit: went from -1 to 0
:zelda: went from +1 to +2

:diddy: went from -1 to -2
:lucario: went from +2 to +1
:rob: went from +3 to +2
:luigi2: went from +3 to +2
:jigglypuff: went from +3 to +2

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
What the ****? There is no way :falcon: does better then :wolf: vs :dedede:. How does that even make sense?

:018:

:phone:

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
DDD doesn't lose to ZSS, or Zelda/Sheik.

and MK beats DDD worse than ICs do.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
:dedede:'s matchups should look like this...:

:dedede: MU Chart:
-2: :diddy: :falco: :metaknight: :olimar: :pikachu2:
-1: :fox: :zerosuitsamus:
0: :gw: :kirby2: :pit: :sheilda:
1: :marth: :snake: :sonic: :yoshi2: :peach: :toonlink: :sheik:
2: :ike: :jigglypuff: :lucas: :wario: :zelda: :lucario:
3: :ganondorf: :link2: :ness2: :mario2: :pt: :samus2: :wolf: :luigi2: :falcon: :rob:

I don't see :metaknight: being a -3 given my ample experience versus Coney. :dedede: has the tools to beat most of :metaknight:'s options and he is extremely heavy. His massive grab range, more then limits :metaknight:'s options to basically Fh Fair and Nado. :dedede: can pretty much pivot grab most of :metaknight:'s normal approaches (Shield stopped buffer roll, dashing grab, walking grab, Sh Fair, Ftilts and Dtilts) because they get grabbed and Bthrow does a lot of damage quickly. :metaknight: being slow in the air makes him eat damage by :dedede: moveset unless :metaknight: chooses to Nado, which will usually leave him open depending on where he is in relation to the stage.

Coney

Smash Master
tbh i'm beginning to think olimar is a -3 as well, takes about the same amount of effort and concentration as mk

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
tbh i'm beginning to think olimar is a -3 as well, takes about the same amount of effort and concentration as mk
I don't think you understand the difference between -3 and -2 Zak. Think how hard it is for :wolf: to approach and kill your character. :dedede: doesn't suffer nearly that bad versus :olimar:...Once he gets a Bthrow then it can lead to a bunch of damage via Bairs and reads. You can even kill him. -3 is like 2-8 or worst. -2 is like 3-7.

Coney

Smash Master
think how hard it is for ddd to approach olimar, it's just as bad lmfao

Once he gets a Bthrow then it can lead to a bunch of damage via Bairs and reads.
u can say this about pretty much any matchup in the entire game

also, mk vs. ddd IS a -3 at the top level. your MK isn't at the top level, it's a pocket secondary, which is why we go to last hit and you think it's only -2.

4GOD (JJV)

Smash Apprentice
I would put dk and bowser at +3. We beat them as bad as we beat all the other +3's imo. I think MK should be -3 (still havent figured out how to beat him). PT should be +2. Peach and TL are at least +1, definitely not even. I think zss is -1, definitely not -2. I think IC's are -2.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
DDD doesn't lose to ZSS, or Zelda/Sheik.

and MK beats DDD worse than ICs do.
I agree with this statement. We tried to argue that MK is a -3 but the MK boards werent having it. It also doesnt help when the entire process is based off votes and ONLY me and MetalMusicMan stayed active throughout the entire discussion period. It was us two arguing against 5 metaknights...yeah we didn't win lol.

DDD also beats TL Peach, and goes even if not loses to Snake.
Peach is arguable but I don't think we beat Toon Link unless you know some things about the MU, I don't. (you probably do)

I think that's laying it on a little thick. Its BAD but its not MK bad.

I would put dk and bowser at +3. We beat them as bad as we beat all the other +3's imo. I think MK should be -3 (still havent figured out how to beat him). PT should be +2. Peach and TL are at least +1, definitely not even. I think zss is -1, definitely not -2. I think IC's are -2.

I wanna hear your reasoning on Peach and TL. Everything else I agree with.

Keep in mind folks our panel was not only outnumbered but also really inactive. Half of us stopped posting after Cycle One..lol So we lost a few arguments that we didn't agree with.

Doc King

Smash Lord
I was actually surprised that mk wasn't listed as a -3. MK is so hard for us and I think it's pretty harder compared to the climbers. Although, a high tier character shouldn't have 2 hard countered matchups and I think if we were to put mk as -3, we should put climbers to -2. I think mk is a -3 and climbers is a -2 cause Climbers we can gimp and cp unlike mk.

Olimar should just be -2. It's pretty easy to gimp him off and up tilt kills him pretty early.

The snake one I think is pretty player dependant. I think it's like 0/+1 D3 favor.

Peach can be +1 easily. Peach can get chaingrabbed to an up smash on slopes for very early (I'm talking like early 100% on Halberd) on Halberd and Frigate and you can even out of shield punish Peach's dair with his up tilt for an early kill. We also have like bair wall of pain and Peach won't kill us that well. Chaingrabbing gets easier and shorter distanced on upward slopes because of Peach's high traction. This could end up being +2 D3 favor once SDI is mastered.

TL is like 0/+1 D3 favor.

ZSS should be like -1 D3. ZSS isn't that bad compared to Falco, Oli, Climbers (Top tiers).

Pika I dk if he should be -2 or -1.

I think Ganon is +4 because it's like a "One mistake and ur dead matchup" like pretty much the good character matchups for Ganon except for Wario.

Lucario should be +2 because we can kill him early and shield grab him very easily. We also have slope chaingrab which gives us the frigate and halberd cps. (Note: I think that Fox and Snake should be -2 and mk is like -3 on Lucario)

I do agree with Wario being +2 D3 because chaingrabbing is very abusive and D3 is like a combo machine on him. I also agree with the Diddy being -2 on D3 because of Diddy's bananas being good defense and D3 being too slow to really do anything with the bananas. The Zelda solid advantage and the Diddy solid disadvantage prove that D3 isn't entirely all about his chaingrab.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Please keep in mind that part of having one, single, all-character-spanning match-up chart is compromise with the other panels of characters. That being said:

MK beats DDD worse than ICs do.
DDD goes even if not loses to Snake.
I agree completely, I argued both of these points strongly, but as Technical_Chase mentioned, it was basically the two of us versus an army of MKs and (to a lesser extent) Snakes.

I agree on Olimar being -3.

I somewhat still think Wolf should be a +2, but the Wolfs were very adamant about the +3 for us and made some really good points. If you think about all of the really character/stage specific things we can do to him, it actually makes sense.

Regarding Peach, from playing Nicole I still think it's 0 or -1 for us, but +1 is arguable. Everyone pretty much agreed it could be anywhere from -1 to +1 depending on the players, hence the 0 we settled at.

Regarding Toon Link, I recently played MJG and though I was pretty out of practice we had a fairly close set. He's a much better player than me but DeDeDe's advantage is weight and ledge guarding. He has to run through a huge gauntlet though so I don't think our advantage is huge, but it's there.

Again, I'm pretty out of practice these days though so I'm not saying any of this with conviction.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Doc King said:
The Zelda solid advantage and the Diddy solid disadvantage prove that D3 isn't entirely all about his chaingrab.
The only reason Dedede beats Zelda is because he shield grabs everything she does and she's light.

And even then, she's got her gimmicks that generally work well on Dedede (ie; bair oos ***** Dedede horribly and he will die at 80%).

Dedede is highly dependant on his grab, in pretty much every match up. The Zelda mu doesn't prove that Dedede isn't reliant on his chaingrab because she is garbage.

imo

It's almost 3am, why am I awake?

Doc King

Smash Lord
The only reason Dedede beats Zelda is because he shield grabs everything she does and she's light.

And even then, she's got her gimmicks that generally work well on Dedede (ie; bair oos ***** Dedede horribly and he will die at 80%).

Dedede is highly dependant on his grab, in pretty much every match up. The Zelda mu doesn't prove that Dedede isn't reliant on his chaingrab because she is garbage.

imo

It's almost 3am, why am I awake?

I know D3 is reliant on his grabs, but it proves that even without chaingrabs, you can still win.

DellSmashman

Smash Cadet
What the ****? There is no way :falcon: does better then :wolf: vs :dedede:. How does that even make sense?

Jab Cancel >>> DDD. Apparantly, Lordhelmet knows a lot about this matchup, so talk to him.

Anyhow,
My view on DDD's matchups. I moved characters to what I feel by difficulty from left (hardest) to right (easiest). :
:dedede:
-3: :popo: :metaknight:
-2: :olimar: :diddy: :falco: :pikachu2:
-1: :fox: :zerosuitsamus: :sheilda:*
0: :sheik: :pit: :kirby2: :gw: :toonlink: :peach:
1: :marth: :snake: :lucario: :sonic: :yoshi2:
2: :wario: :ike: :jigglypuff: :lucas: :falcon: :zelda:
3: :rob: :wolf: :ness2: :pt: :luigi2: :link2: :mario2: :samus2: :ganondorf:

Doc King

Smash Lord
:fox: looks fine being a -1. :dedede: will be able to survive by a vertical killer. Tech chasing is pretty easy on :fox: compared to other lightweighted characters.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I´ve never seen a good fox get beat by a DDD.
For what it's worth, I've gone undefeated against Albino's DDD in tourney but he doesn't play DDD anymore.

I've only played 4God once, but I lost that one.

Speaking of which 4GOD, I know you're on here son, next tourney we need to money match, last time we played was a mad long time ago and now I see brother is gaining a little bit of clout now. I'm still mad you broke my undefeated streak against DDD :glare: Should be fun! :smirk:

4GOD (JJV)

Smash Apprentice
For what it's worth, I've gone undefeated against Albino's DDD in tourney but he doesn't play DDD anymore.

I've only played 4God once, but I lost that one.

Speaking of which 4GOD, I know you're on here son, next tourney we need to money match, last time we played was a mad long time ago and now I see brother is gaining a little bit of clout now. I'm still mad you broke my undefeated streak against DDD :glare: Should be fun! :smirk:
It's on :smirk:

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Can someone please tell me why ROB is +2/+3? I know I play this MU really bad, but I don't get why it is so "easy".
Although ROB has a good keep-away game, once he's in the air, he's

1) Typically easy to juggle. ROB has to get a ton of reads and mindgames just to AVOID being juggled when he's in the air, as he doesn't have very many safe options.

2) We **** his off stage game. He doesn't have many answers to bair. In fact, he doesn't have many answers to bair in general on stage, either, besides his keep-away game.

3) Honestly, he's a huge target, isn't THAT heavy for his size, and has poor momentum cancelling, meaning typically he dies MUCH earlier than Dedede.

4) Chaingrab, especially as he's easy to grab, is a free 30ish percent into him being offstage.

...etc etc, basically imo it's about a +2, maybe a little more.

I feel there are very few +3s in the game, honestly.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Am I the only one who thinks :fox: is harder than :falco: ?
Yes, you are. How can you even argue w/ that CG BS? DDD has a hard enough time getting in, only to be CG'd to death when he does.

Lucario should be +2 because we can kill him early and shield grab him very easily. We also have slope chaingrab which gives us the frigate and halberd cps. (Note: I think that Fox and Snake should be -2 and mk is like -3 on Lucario)
Doesn't Lucario combo DDD to, like, infinity, though? He already has true combos and they work so well on him cuz he's so big and heavy. DDD has a super hard time gimping him, cuz Lucario's air mobility is so much better while DDD struggles to recover sometimes. Also, what do u mean by "mk is like -3 on Lucario"?

Doc King

Smash Lord
Now imo, I dk if it should be a +1 or a +2 for Dedede. You are right though that Lucario can combo D3 well. I've actually relized that d throw to up smash is actually kind of situational. You can't do it when stale and it requires frame perfection. Although I still think that D3 can edge guard Lucario fairly well.

I dk about the mk vs. lucario matchup.

Doc King

Smash Lord
Now imo, I dk if it should be a +1 or a +2 for Dedede. You are right though that Lucario can combo D3 well. I've actually relized that d throw to up smash is actually kind of situational. You can't do it when stale and it requires frame perfection. Although I still think that D3 can edge guard Lucario fairly well.

I dk about the mk vs. lucario matchup.

Edit: thing glitched up

Doc King

Smash Lord
Well, the tier list is gonna have both sections, one for mk banned and one for mk legal.

Some tourneys ban him and some don't.

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
Yes, you are. How can you even argue w/ that CG BS? DDD has a hard enough time getting in, only to be CG'd to death when he does.
First off, falco's chain grab IS NOT a zero to death, especially at top level of play. Any Dedede can sit down and learn to either

A. Learn to time the meteor cancel
B. Learn to DI the spike on to the stage

Neither of these things are by any means too advanced for a common smasher.

Now I wouldn't find myself normally arguing that fox is harder than falco, but I will anyway.

Many things about them are similar, in terms of how we punish. Our combos on both of them are about the same, including tech chases, recovery punishes, followups, just because their weight/fall speed is pretty similar.

Fox's game against D3 works extra well against him because fox is just so fast in every aspect against him. Same thing with Sheik for that matter, although the difference between those two is fox can reliably kill D3 before 170%. I would also say fox is harder to kill than falco, because even though falco is 10x harder to approach, fox can easily just run around us and laser us, and he has quite a few mixup approaches and reliable combos to keep us on our feet... The problem with his speed is that he can punish moves that normally can't be punished like our ftilt and bair, much like metaknight can.

Gimping fox is possible... but he has a ton of recovery mixups that don't make it easy for us since we just don't have the mobility to go out and get him most of the time. There are exceptions, such as him being below the stage, but how likely is that to happen?

Fox has shine to stop his momentum, jump with fair to up his jump, a farther up b than falco and a pretty good side b as well.

I almost genuinely feel like we can do more against falco than we can fox, as crazy as that sounds, even though falco is clearly more dangerous on the offensive side.

Doesn't Lucario combo DDD to, like, infinity, though? He already has true combos and they work so well on him cuz he's so big and heavy. DDD has a super hard time gimping him, cuz Lucario's air mobility is so much better while DDD struggles to recover sometimes. Also, what do u mean by "mk is like -3 on Lucario"?
Lucario's up b sucks and our bair is good enough to beat all of his aerials. And combos can't be started if you can't even get inside our bair/grab range, which lucario isn't the most effective character to do that, although he does have some tools that are pretty safe against us.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
I see. Your arguments are very valid, but I would have to say that Falco's stronger offense is harder to beat. When we're offstage, Falco's lasers cause more trouble than Fox's cuz they rack up damage and screw up recoveries. Personally, I think his Bair outright challenges ours. As you said, the CG isn't really a 0-to-death; I was exaggerating, but it still equals free damage that we can't do anything about. If need be, they can just pivot CG to keep us from reaching the ledge so they can pile more damage on. Also, while Falco's recovery is pretty garbage, that sideB is still kinda ridiculous. Oh, and let's not forget stupid laserlock shenangians (which is surprisingly easy to setup on quite a few stages). But you're right, I can see how some would see Fox as really hard to fight w/ D3. I just don't really see it being harder than Falco.

As for Lucario, upB might suck in that it gets no invincibily and has a bit of landing lag, but he can just head for walls to cling to. Sometimes, I actually consider banning stages like YS and such against him just to remove that aspect. Also, his aerial mobility is good enough that he can wait offstage a bit and threaten any gimping attempts while remaining within recovery range. Due to CG, bair, and ftilit, I say that the MU remains in our favor but not by much.

Top Bottom