• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King DeDeDe Matchup Export~

M.C. Pee-Pants

Smash Journeyman
isnt castle siege alsoa good ddd stage two since on the second part of the stage he can just cg u to death to the side? Well thats the only reason I could see this as a ok stage for him

Choice

Smash Champion
I think castle is pretty good for d3, but you can just not fight d3 on the bottom level to avoid the walk off on the 2nd part. I think the real issue is the 3rd transformation. Its FD but its also trying to screw you over by tilting.

Choice

Smash Champion
or fthrow him off stage. d3 is worse off stage than he is in the air.

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
Just saying that this seems like a pretty steady conversation, keep it up :)

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I played this matchup today with the best D3 (Coney). I lost set 1-2, but all close games...

Wolf might actually be even in this matchup on BF with platform camping+Dairs. Do not go off what I say though.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Wolf outruns and outzones DDD. You just get punished stupidly hard if you mess up. Old news!

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
If you wanna win this matchup, just go MK.

But if you wanna have nuts and go for it, space REALLY well. Basically.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Well Ether, that's not true because D3's bair has significantly higher priority then ours lol. So we don't wanna challenge it unless we have too.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Priority doesn't exist in the air though.

And D3's bair isn't hard to punish if played correctly.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
Fair OOS whenever D3 misses a bair. If the d3 is in the air, that is a good sign to be honest

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
fthrow him off stage
if you can do this to DDD please do. I think DDD can tech your dthrow so please dont try it lol

remember that dthrow>usmash thing i mentioned?

heres what it looks like

Laem

Smash Champion
oh wow aint seen that one before
looks like it can be airdodged tho, but not something you'd see coming

Choice

Smash Champion
Well Ether, that's not true because D3's bair has significantly higher priority then ours lol. So we don't wanna challenge it unless we have too.
well his bair might "win" vs ours, but fair and shine beat his bair easily.

D

Deleted member

So, are we ready to slap down a ratio for this MU?

What do you guys think?

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I agree with Choice.

But unfortunately, at this stage in the metagame, you kinda "have" to put numbers on things just to give people a general idea. Don't worry though, I'll be putting a general summary in the OP as well when I have the time to update, which... might be a while because exams are coming up really fast :x but probably sometime during the second half of this week, at least for D3.

:059:

Choice

Smash Champion
yea 6-4. i've had d3 mains tell me that if it wasnt for the cg they feel like this mu would be hell, lol.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
D3 doesn't really have anything game breaking on Wolf other than the CG. Without it he wouldn't be able to really get us in a bad position offstage, or rack up easy percent. Everything else he has wolf has an answer too. I agree with 6-4

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I versed Coney today again for 3 hours. D3 vs Wolf is fun. We both agreed it was 40-60 D3's favor. Coney is really smart about versing Wolf = /

The best way of spacing was to stay in the middle with retreat fair>dtilt for perfect spacing. It kept him at bay because it kept me out of grab range.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
i did that against a D3 on wifi today, worked really well at not letting D3 close, but jeez, mess up once and you're looking at a world of hurt @_@ i beat him though :3 *is proud*

Choice

Smash Champion
i think instead of being in the middle it better to stay such that there only 1/4 of the stage behind you. shorter cgs.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I think it's +3 in DDD's favor now. During the beginning of the match it may look like you can keep up with him for quite a while until you realize that you can't actually beat him. He has 3 stocks time to catch up with you again, you have to stay ahead of him for 3 full stocks.

That's not happening.

D

Deleted member

It really wasn't necessary to bump this.

Post in the Matchup center if you want a new export.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
How about no? This thread still contains a lot of relevant content so there's no need to make a new one. It's not like this thread is terribly old either and in case you don't realize yet this is one of our key match-ups. There's no reason for any Wolf player to not know how to deal with it as well as possible.

D

Deleted member

I'm just going by the way Ish wants things organized for the matchup center. If this is to be discussed again, the OP needs to be updated.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I am horrible at organizing. Or more like, just really busy with other things in life so I'm screwing other things up.

You can bump old MU discussions if you feel there's something relevant to be discussed. Now that there's the Unity Ruleset, all forms of infinites are legal. That means one grab from D3 = death from just about anywhere on stage (smallstep > ledge infinite > dtilt, smallstep > (buffered pivot grab infinite) > buffered hyphen usmash). That + how good he is at punishing our options around the ledge make it a solid -3, even if we can technically avoid the grab and everything there's just way too much on the line. Winnable, but holy **** you must be amazing if you can beat a top D3 that's playing to win.

Ojih~Sama

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ojih-sama
3DS FC
1907-9993-5995
would frigate be a proper cp to d3?

im thinking frigate is pretty small, and when it flips to the uneven stage it could help throw off the timing of his cg. would it also make it harder for d3 to recover if he is caught on the right side of the stage with no ledge if he is forced to up-b?

the only thing i see bad about frigate would be if he catches wolf on the platform that rises and falls and cg infinites there

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
im thinking frigate is pretty small, and when it flips to the uneven stage it could help throw off the timing of his cg
He can easily infinite you there lol. Like really EASILY.
YI is also pretty easy to infinite on. LC too.
Every Map with Slopes makes infiniting with DDD VERY easy.
It's more the platform Layout, that could make getting grabs really hard. I think thats what you should focuse on.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I feel like LC, CS and PS1 are all starters that give us some time-out options against DDD. If it comes to striking I'd try to get rid of FD, YI and SV first. Timing him out is probably the safest, least risky way to beat him and our only hope to legit stand a chance in this match-up.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
I feel like LC, CS and PS1 are all starters that give us some time-out options against DDD. If it comes to striking I'd try to get rid of FD, YI and SV first. Timing him out is probably the safest, least risky way to beat him and our only hope to legit stand a chance in this match-up.

But running away 8 Minutes from DDD... When I fought Sic @ SaS2, he did this with Wario, I was too slow to catch up with DDD... was very hard. Maybe it could work too with Wolf, even though I think it's pretty tough, to do it consistently :/
Dunno.

Mister_T_Bag

Smash Rookie
NNID
MisterTBag
In my experience, a good strategy isn't necessarily relying on well-spaced fairs, bairs and dairs on platforms. While keeping the mentality of "not getting grabbed" throughout the entire match, try getting behind him or even in front of him and get the grab. Mix this in with your aerial spacing game along with baiting his grab and punishing it with a grab of your own and you'd be surprised on your performance with this MU. I spam lasers to get him to both move and rack a little damage. I then dance around him using fairs, bairs and spot dodges and go in for the grab. Definitely use caution when spot dodging though. If you get too nervous you can jump OoS or retreat fair. This strategy typically becomes successful when you mix it up enough so that you become difficult to predict.

Top Bottom