• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King DeDeDe Controller Set-Up

Alou

Smash Cadet
I was wondering for anyone who uses a GameCube controller what they use for their controls set up if it isn't default. I've been going and trying various things and so far nothing seems right for me. Tips?

CO18

Smash Hero
I just use standard with Tap jump off.

Some people say switching c-stick to attack instead of smash is good if you sturggle with using your tilts.

Recognize

Smash Journeyman
Coming from a TL main, (Been playing him since feb RIP TL D:) I b-stick, as I love to use RAR to approach.

IDK if this is a smart way to approach but it works pretty well for me as I am very used to it.

Tap jump off too.

Alou

Smash Cadet
I already have tap jump off. It just messed me up when I first started playing. Generally I stick pretty much to default. I also put X on grab. I generally reach it easier than Z. Just wondering really what other options are out there.

Dream Land Works

Smash Journeyman
I use C-Stick as Attacks and X as Grab. Orginally I had trouble with tilts so that is why I had my C-Stick on Attacks, but eventually I gotten use to tilts with the control stick and A. I had gotten use to using the C-stick as attacks for Dedede though, so I decided to just to use that controller set up for Dedede only.

So ya, C-Stick as Attacks and X as Grab.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
x for grab if you cant reach z.

i set it a week ago and haven't touched it, just try getting better any way you feel comfortable.

R!S3

Smash Apprentice
its all about your personal preference...

i like standard control with tap jump off

ive tested changing x to grab and taunt buttons to grab...people claimed it was easier to infinite that way...i didnt think so

its all what feels best to you...

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
I use Y for grabs, and c-stick for attack, altho i rarely use it at all. I don't really see the benefit in turning tap jump off.. I've been used to using X to jump for far too long and never used Y so ive gotten very used to using it for grabs. i never really liked the Z button at all.

Drack

Smash Apprentice
Tap jump off.

Smash C-Stick (not that I use it aside from dsmash), as I RAR without a B-stick just fine

Y set to shield so I can dash shield grab more easily.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
use y to grab and take jump off, also like to have everything else on default. nothing special =O

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
The only thing I've done is turn off Tap Jump, I can do everything else just fine on default controls.

PWNAGEPOLICE

Smash Cadet
NNID
WellWisherELF
I've found that putting specials on the C-stick for Dedede works very well.(B Sticking)
Explanation: http://youtube.com/watch?v=53Wix_KsK5g

This allows you to jump backwards and throw waddle dees seamlessly and have commanding spacing. However, this is only if you can deal without having a smash stick.

samdaballer

Smash Ace
I've found that putting specials on the C-stick for Dedede works very well.(B Sticking)
Explanation: http://youtube.com/watch?v=53Wix_KsK5g

This allows you to jump backwards and throw waddle dees seamlessly and have commanding spacing. However, this is only if you can deal without having a smash stick.
we've known this for some time, but thanks, and welcome to smashboards :)

napZzz

Smash Hero
I change L to jump, tap jump off, and x for grabs. I find using x easiest for grabs, and if you wanna do something like doing a bair going forward its easier to jump with lol DI with the joystick and do the bair with the c stick

Saiya

Smash Cadet
I'm a veteran; too used to the standard controls to change anything, heh.

However...after reading a few of the replies, I see that a lot of people have set their up-tap off, which makes sense. I often do extra jumps by accident when I'm returning to the stage because of that. I wonder why I never thought to switch off the up-tap. >_>
Thanks for the idea, guys!

Meme

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
6939 6733 3968
X Does especials, (for easiear and higher Jumping Waddle dee Throw)

And I took out L for any action, either attack or another especial XD

YeHs

Smash Rookie
NNID
YeHs12
I have grab set to L, cause its comfy. And then cstick to attack.

Top Bottom