• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King Boo for Smash Switch! Does he stand a ghost of a chance?

Laniv

Smash Lord
Fun thing to talk about: epicmartin7 has compiled a list of mathematically possible background colors for the next character:
1626374565040.png

That bright purple (the fourth one in the first row) does match up with the color of King Boo's crown...

Laniv

Smash Lord
I mean, I wouldn't put too much stock into it, but I think it's interesting that that color, as well as the other 3 colors in the second row, could easily fit with King Boo.

Laniv

Smash Lord
Hey, King Boo is being rated on the Rate Their Chances thread today.

Come and make your voice heard! (Make sure your reasoning for each rating is at least two sentences long)

Laniv

Smash Lord
There are a grand total of 4 Luigi's Mansion spirits in the game (King Boo, E. Gadd, Poltergeist 5000, and Polterpup), 2 of which have actual spirit battles.

Laniv

Smash Lord
Recently realized something after looking through the RTC topic.

Who says King Boo's potential spirit board has to be based exclusively on Luigi's Mansion 3? There aren't any spirits of the Portrait Ghosts from LM1, so they could possibly be used to fill things out. They could even use the Dark Moon if they really needed to.

Laniv

Smash Lord
Okay I know I've already talked about spirits to death (ha), but something to chew on:

If the devs in charge of spirit events are aware of who's in or isn't in the Fighter's Pass, why wait this long to add in a Luigi's Mansion 3 spirit event?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Okay I know I've already talked about spirits to death (ha), but something to chew on:

If the devs in charge of spirit events are aware of who's in or isn't in the Fighter's Pass, why wait this long to add in a Luigi's Mansion 3 spirit event?
memory lapse

Laniv

Smash Lord

Laniv

Smash Lord
So remember that color theory I posted about? That might hold more water than we thought:

They claim that the last character will have a purple background, specifically dark orchid.

Considering that King Boo can match with this shade (and indeed, is frequently associated with it in the Luigi's Mansion series), this could be a very good thing for him.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
So remember that color theory I posted about? That might hold more water than we thought:

They claim that the last character will have a purple background, specifically dark orchid.

Considering that King Boo can match with this shade (and indeed, is frequently associated with it in the Luigi's Mansion series), this could be a very good thing for him.
Either King Boo or Rayman, although i'm getting the impression that the pack has three nintendo & third party characters in the second pass.

Laniv

Smash Lord
Either King Boo or Rayman, although i'm getting the impression that the pack has three nintendo & third party characters in the second pass.
To be fair, yeah, they both use purple in their color schemes

Either way, this could very well mean something for King Boo.

EDIT: Aaaaand it's been confirmed that it doesn't not, in fact, mean anything either way. Never mind then.

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Honestly King Boo isn't even my most wanted character. He's on the list, but I realy want Rayman and a Tales character more than him. But it's King Boo that I truly believe is going to take the spot. I have no idea how there's only like 5 people who see this coming.

Crystaljiggs

Smash Journeyman
Honestly King Boo isn't even my most wanted character. He's on the list, but I realy want Rayman and a Tales character more than him. But it's King Boo that I truly believe is going to take the spot. I have no idea how there's only like 5 people who see this coming.
I dont actually understand how people are not seeing it even with my 2 years on a discord as the #1 most messaged guy it doesnt do literally anything

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
So I actually never thought that I would see a support thread this active for King Boo. Wild times we live in.

I remember when people were seriously talking about Wart. Times really have changed since then.

I can't say I'm rooting for the tyrant specter myself, as personally I'd rather see a list of others before him, and that's not even my Geno bias talking. It just feels like the weakest and most disappointing way to end what is currently the last major update Ultimate will ever get. I mean, Master Chief and Crash Bandicoot are on the table seriously right now with a possible Phoenix Wright, so when I think of King Boo he just doesn't seem feasible.

I mean, sure, Nintendo could REALLY lay down the greed here that they've already been injecting into the DLC since Byleth. I wouldn't put it past them to do more first party shilling, but I feel it would be for a non-Mario franchise, and honestly I think this last character is gonna be pretty hype because they have known since first negotiating the pass that this would be the end and they haven't done anything that will please the core audience yet.

In addition, I'd rather not see King Boo before a number of other Mario characters. Obviously Geno would be my personal choice, but we still have characters like Waluigi, Paper Mario, Fawful and some version of Toad that I feel like they would be much more exciting and are bigger picks over all.

Though, if he did get in, you can just pull from LM3 for him to have a reveal trailer. Make it like when he's about to put Luigi in a painting in the beginning, but instead of a frame he pulls out an invitation. Also, you can just make his LM1 fight for his Final Smash with a disembodied Bowser attack, and it would be hilarious if his grab put them in a painting and he pummeled them.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
id say its cause smash fans never learn. they still hold on to their old patterns and theories long after theyve been disproven and convince themselves that their most is the most likely choice.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
So I actually never thought that I would see a support thread this active for King Boo. Wild times we live in.

I remember when people were seriously talking about Wart. Times really have changed since then.

I can't say I'm rooting for the tyrant specter myself, as personally I'd rather see a list of others before him, and that's not even my Geno bias talking. It just feels like the weakest and most disappointing way to end what is currently the last major update Ultimate will ever get. I mean, Master Chief and Crash Bandicoot are on the table seriously right now with a possible Phoenix Wright, so when I think of King Boo he just doesn't seem feasible.

I mean, sure, Nintendo could REALLY lay down the greed here that they've already been injecting into the DLC since Byleth. I wouldn't put it past them to do more first party shilling, but I feel it would be for a non-Mario franchise, and honestly I think this last character is gonna be pretty hype because they have known since first negotiating the pass that this would be the end and they haven't done anything that will please the core audience yet.

In addition, I'd rather not see King Boo before a number of other Mario characters. Obviously Geno would be my personal choice, but we still have characters like Waluigi, Paper Mario, Fawful and some version of Toad that I feel like they would be much more exciting and are bigger picks over all.

Though, if he did get in, you can just pull from LM3 for him to have a reveal trailer. Make it like when he's about to put Luigi in a painting in the beginning, but instead of a frame he pulls out an invitation. Also, you can just make his LM1 fight for his Final Smash with a disembodied Bowser attack, and it would be hilarious if his grab put them in a painting and he pummeled them.
Thanks for coming in just to **** on our character, now please kindly leave.

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
Would be hype as hell to the general audience? Absolutely not... until the competitive community would gets to work and find out he has cool tech and an interesting spacing game due to his unique floating gimmick and ends up being top tier or something xD. Pyra/Mythra was the "obligatory first party shill pick" and since Summit, she's been more popular than ever!

So who's hype and whatnot won't really matter in the grand scheme of Ultimate's lifespan. Hype is temporary but a well crafted moveset is forever.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Yeah, people have set their expectations way too high. It happens literally every smash cycle and it always ends badly, but we've never been at the point that people are actually expecting freaking Master Chief and having anurisms every time an actual Nintendo character gets in. We already got Sephiroth, Steve, and Kazuya, and people are like "we still haven't gotten our megaton reveal". People need to take a step back.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, people have set their expectations way too high. It happens literally every smash cycle and it always ends badly, but we've never been at the point that people are actually expecting freaking Master Chief and having anurisms every time an actual Nintendo character gets in. We already got Sephiroth, Steve, and Kazuya, and people are like "we still haven't gotten our megaton reveal". People need to take a step back.
i really dont get how sephiroth doesnt count as a megaton reveal. it feels like nothings ever enough

Top Bottom